Dark Angels vs Biel Tan Swordwind 2220 pts (Very Long) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dark Angels vs Biel Tan Swordwind 2220 pts (Very Long)

Battle report Dark Angels vs Eldar Biel Tan 2220pts

The Scenario played was Dawn Assault on a 6 x 4 table.

The Dark Angels won the roll off for the deployment and chose to deploy in the NE sector in the cover of a forest and ruin, as of scenario rules the Eldar deployed in the SW sector in the cover of a large forest.
    Both of us deployed close to the sector edge with several of our units. I deployed the Land Raider as close as possible to the Eldar in the SE corner of the NE sector. Otherwise most of the troops on the battlefield were in cover of forest etc.
    Both of us had infiltrators, I deployed a Scout Squad in a forest in the NW sector, while my opponent deployed his Rangers and Striking Scorpions in the SE in the cover of an Imperial landing pad.

Eldar won the initiative and had the first Turn

The battle lasted for 8 turns (variable game length) taking us about 5-6 hours of game play

Note:
    Some of the CC may seem a bit strange but the reason is that we kind of mixed the old and the new assault rules.
    This Battle Report does not describe every single casualty only the ones we thought worth mentioning and the ones that were relevant for the scenario.

Dark Angels Army List

HQ

Interrogator-Chaplain Luca (1), Crozius Arcanum, Rosarius, Storm Bolter, Terminator Armour

Interrogator-Chaplain Marcus (1), Crozius Arcanum, Rosarius, Bolt Pistol, Jump Pack

Elite

Deathwing Terminators (7), 2 Lightning Claws (x2), Thunder H. & Storm S. (x1), Heavy Fl. & Power Fist (x1), Storm B. & Power Fist (x2), Sgt w/ Storm Bolter and Power Weapon

Troop

Scout Squad (10), Sniper Rifle (x8 ), Heavy Bolter (x1) Sgt w/Bolt Pistol & CCW

Tactical Squad Alpha (8 ), Bolter (x6), Heavy Bolter (x1), Sgt w/Bolt Pistol & CCW, Rhino w/ Smoke L.

Tactical Squad Bravo(8 ), Bolter (x6), Heavy Bolter (x1), Sgt w/Bolt Pistol & CCW, Rhino w/ Smoke L.

Fast Attack

Assult Squad (8 ), Bolt Pistol & CCW (x7), Melta-Bombs, Vet Sgt w/Bolt Pistol & Power Weapon, Melta Bombs, Stubborn

Rawenwing Landspeeder Alpha (1), Heavy Bolter (x1)

Rawenwing Landspeeder Bravo (1), Heavy Bolter (x1)

Heavy Support

Devastator Squad Alpha (8 ), Bolter (x3), Lascannon (x1), Missile Launcher (x1, Plasma Cannon (x2), Sgt w/Bolter

Devastator Squad Bravo (8 ), Bolter (x3), Lascannon (x1), Missile Launcher (x1, Plasma Cannon (x2), Sgt w/Bolter

Land Raider ‘Crusader’ (1), Smoke L.

Biel Tan Army List

HQ

Elite

Rangers (5)

Vyper Squadron No1 (1), Linked Shuriken Catapults (x1), Star Cannon (x1)

Vyper Squadron No2 (1), Linked Shuriken Catapults (x1), Star Cannon (x1)

Troop

Dire Avengers No1 (10), Shuriken Catapults

Dire Avengers No2 (10), Shuriken Catapults

Dire Avengers No3 (10), Shuriken Catapults

Striking Scorpions (9), Exarch w/Scorpions Claw, Crushing Blow, Stealth

Dark Reapers No1 (5), Exarch w/Missile L, Fast Shot

Dark Reapers No2 (5), Exarch w/Missile L, Fast Shot

Fast Attack

Swooping Hawks (7), Exarch w/ Power Weapon, Sustained Assault

Shining Spears (5), Exarch w/ Power Weapon, Evade, Skillful Riders

Heavy Support

Falcon Grav Tank (1), Linked Shuriken Catapults, Bright Lance, Pulse Laser, Spirit Stone, Holo Fields

Wraithlord (1), Flamer (x2); Star Cannon

Support Weapon Platforms (2), Crew, D-Cannon(x2)

Turn 1, Eldar

The Eldar advances into the SE sector. There is some firing, but only the DA Scout Sgt is killed by the Wraithlord

Turn 1 Dark Angels

The Land Raider advances at full speed into the Eldar held sector in SW, deploying the Terminators inside. The determined Deathwing Terminators and Interrogator-Chaplain Luca destroys an entire squad of Dire Avengers with their heavy flamer and Storm Bolters, and then assaults the Support Weapons. Close behind the Assault Marines led by Interrogator-Chaplain Marcus follows close behind but out of any assault range.
    Tactical Squad Alpha assaults the Striking Scorpions. The Scout Snipers takes their revenge on the advancing Wraithlord by killing it.

Turn 2, Eldar

The Dark Reapers desperately tries to destroy the Rhino carrying Tactical Squad Bravo, but with no luck the Rhino only suffers minor damages. The Striking Scorpions fighting Tactical Squad Alpha kills 4 marines. Inside the SW forest the Avatar and the second squad of Dire Avengers decides to avenge their fallen comrades by assaulting the Deathwing Terminators. The Dire Avengers gets several lucky hits and manages to kill 3 Terminators, while the Avatars only hit gets stopped by a storm shield. The Avatar gets wounded by a Thunder Hammer, making him drop to his knees clinging his ears from the pain.

Turn 2, Dark Angels

The Land Raider Crusader opens fire one the Dark Reapers inside the forest, killing several and sending the rest on the run screaming through the forest.
    The Snipers open fire on the other squad of Dark Reapers, pinning them with sniper fire.
    In the SW forest the Assault Marines led by Marcus attacks the Dire Avengers and destroy the entire squad.
    The Eldar Avatar manages to kill 2 terminators, but leaves Luca and one Terminator alive, and unengaged in CC

Turn 3, Eldar

The Swooping Hawks decide to join the battle and deepstrikes into the NE sector behind the Devastators squads, they open fire and kill 4 marines from Devastator squad Alpha.
    The Striking Scorpions finally manages to destroy Tactical Squad Alpha

Turn 3, Dark Angels

Interrogator-Chaplain Marcus and the assault marines decide one a new target, the advance towards the last squad of Dark Reapers and Falcon Grav tank while firing their bolt guns, Marcus wounds one Reaper but fails to kill. Now Marcus makes a wise decision, he orders 4 or the marines to assault the Grav tank, while he and the rest of the squad engages the Dark Reapers. The 4 marines clamp their melta-bombs to the hull of the Grav tank and blow the vehicle up. The rest of the squad finishes off the Dark Reapers, save the Exarch who decides to save his own skin by abandoning his mortally wounded comrades.

Turn 4, Eldar

The Eldar desperately tries to fire their guns but none of then seems able to hit anything.
    The Striking Scorpion Exarch punches his Scorpion Claw through the hull of Tactical Squad Alpha’s Rhino, hitting the fuel tank the Rhino explodes dragging one of the Striking Scorpions with it into oblivion.
    The Swooping Hawks assaults Devastator Squad Bravo, and the Exarch kills 4 marines, the marines retaliate by slaying several of their attackers
    The Avatar desperately tries to assault the Land Raider Crusader, but he isn’t able to penetrate its heavy armour
    The Shining Spears now assault both the Devastators squads

Turn 4, Dark Angels

Tactical Squad Bravo, now recovered from the damages received by the Dark Reapers, gets ordered to turn back to support the Devastator Teams. Tactical Team Bravo deploys and engages the Shining Spears.
    The Land Raider Crusader, now in the centre of the SW forest, with the Avatar by it side turns slightly to align all its weaponry towards the Avatar of Khaine. All the weapons systems on the Land Raider fires, and sends the Avatar back to the Warp.
    Interrogator-Chaplain Luca and his fellow Deathwing Terminator catches up with the Dark Reaper Exarch and finishes him, while Interrogator-Chaplain Marcus does the same to the other Dark Reaper Exarch.

Turn 5, Eldar

The last Dire Avengers Squad and the Striking Scorpions manages to disarm both of the Rawenwing Landspeeders, rendering them useless.
    One of the Vypers fire its shuriken catapult and kills the last Deathwing terminator and mortally wounds Interrogator-Chaplain Luca.
    The remaining Swooping Hawk Exarch decides to fall back but is caught in crossfire and slain.
    Devastator Squad Alpha is forced to withdraw under the pressure of the Shining Spears, but the Shining Spears is also engaged with Tactical Team Bravo and cannot pursue.

Turn 5, Dark Angels

The Snipers fires a volley of shots after one of the Vypers and manages to put one shot through the canopy and kill the pilot,
    The Land Raider finishes off the other with assistance from the Machine Spirit, and with the Hurricane bolters kills all the Striking Scorpions save the Exarch who flee.

Turn 6, Eldar

The Close combat in the NW forest continues resulting in one casualty on each side, the Shining Spears decide they have had enough and flee

Turn 6, Dark Angels

The survivors of Devastator Squad Alpha fire their weapons at the fleeing Shining Spears, killing them all

Turn 7, Eldar

The Striking Scorpion Exarch regroups at the table edge and return to the battle

Turn 7, Dark Angels

The Land Raider Crusader reduces the last squad of Dire Avengers to below 50%

Turn 8, Eldar

The Striking Scorpion Exarch assaults Tactical Team Bravo, failing to wound anyone

Turn 8, Dark Angels

Land Raider Crusader kills off the Dire Avengers
    The close combat with the Striking Scorpions Exarch continue, resulting in two dead marines

The Battle ended with Dark Angels controlling all of the four table quarters, so I concider it a major victory

Master Belial

'But for corruption thou hast made Belial, an angel of hostility. All his dominions are in darkness, and his purpose is to bring about wickedness and guilt. All the spirits that are associated with him are but angels of destruction.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The word goes around

I hvae heard about this awsome battle! With blood and gore..... :lol:
    The words sertenly goes around of this large extreme battle on the planet olepetterskjeller... :wink:
    I think the Eldar player had won if he had started on a different table quarter... Because i have heard that he is som kind of a genius... hehe :lol:

Anthrax
    Beware the Evil i NEAR!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LOL you really think that hehe, well I think the table quarters were pretty fair considering the terrain and all. If you remember I had a very difficult time when deciding what quarter to chose
    Master Belial

'But for corruption thou hast made Belial, an angel of hostility. All his dominions are in darkness, and his purpose is to bring about wickedness and guilt. All the spirits that are associated with him are but angels of destruction.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

very nice game, and pretty tence.
    good to have a reliable sniper based scout squad to take out important units...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i liked this game, but its a shame that as this is one of the only eldar battles that they lost(again)...
    FROM THE BOOK OF THE IMPERIUM:

1. Thou shalt not go on a panty raid in the Adaptus Soritus temple.
    2. Thou shalt not flirt with Howling Banshees. They are the enemy.
    3. Thou shalt not refer to Battle Sisters as Bolter Biatches
    4. Darth Vader isn’t the son of Abaddon
    5. Thou shalt not reassemble a Necron into a washing machine

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    411 (x8)

2 things I dont understand:

Scouts who roll 1D^ for armour penetration shooting down a vyper (how did you roll 10 on 1d6?

Avatar in combat with chaplain and some trermies - kills some termies- gets a consolidation move - how come the cahplain and the rest of the termie squad are not in ccbt? I mean either set of rules, this doesnt make sense
    Everything you have been told is a lie!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would like to congratulate you belial on your victory of the glorious race of eldar (i play sm and eldar). I do want for you to ask the eldar player what the hell he was doing playing against a space marine army and playing biel tan and not having 2 squads of banshees inside falcons, their power weapons along with the armour and weapons of the falcon is very hard to beat...way to go anyway

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mother of god! I havent seen such a slaughter of the eldar since i saw 50 GK in terminator and power armor teleport right into a Dark eldar battle force.
    You know what they say, if you dont like the weather in houston...go back to where you came from

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Poor dead elder. You killed them all. And then some. I think the eldar player was stupid sometimes, he might have put up more of a fight if he was smarter (but still would have lost)
    Back from a long adventure.

Closed Thread