1500 Sabotage - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 1500 Sabotage

Earth> USA> NewYork> Schenectady> My Pants
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    74 (x4)

The Necron Lord surveyed the field. He could see the 4 squads of guardians encircling the abandoned Eldar shrine. A Farseer toiled, appearently trying to remove something. The throb of that something stuck to the very core of the Lord, taunting him, tempting him. He knew it must be destroyed. A click of servos and the 7 Immortals near him ground to life. 30 Necron Warriors marched forward from the surrounding hillside, and a small swarm of Scarabs sat atop a hill.

The Lord silently ordered the warriors and immortals to stop as a few Eldar scout moved through the valleys. The Scarabs silently scuttled past them, towards the Guardians. The Eldar alarms sounded as the Scarabs tore into the closest squad, slaying three outright. The startled Eldar had but time to fall back from the tide of metal insects before their comrades emptied a full salvo of shuriken into them. The Farseer, shaken by the attack, was barely able to call forth the powers of the Ether and guide the shots of his men. As the last of the Scarabs fell, true hell broke loose.

The Lord, seeing that the Eldar were scared and outnumbered, called for the rest of his force before disintegrating to vapor with his Immortal retinue. As their atoms rejoined on the far side of the field, three Destroyers and Lord grafted to a Destroyer shell. 3 Wraiths flew between 2 squads of Warriors, using the hills to hide thier advance. The 3rd unit, not bothering to mask their apporach, burned the air with gauss blasts. The bolts of green energy melted the wounded Gaurdians, just as the blasts from the Destoyers tore through a second squad. The Lord and Immortals had rematerialized just outside of their effective range, the gauss blasts lost all punch before they struck a squad of Guardians, leaving them unscathed.

The Farseer, needing to keep his holy artifact from the clutches of the Ancient Enemy, called forth his mighty aspect warriors. The only ones that heeded immediatly were the Banshees in thier powerful Wave Serpent. They sent Starcannon shots into the Immortals, and 2 collapsed from the sheer force of the blast. The Guardians, heartened by the sight of their close combat sisters, also fired thier Starcannon. Not being as accurate, they downed one more Immortal. As the Farseer and Guardians pulled into a tighter defensive circle, the Lord commanded his falled to rise. 2 heeded, the third too far gone to respond. Again he and his retinue faded into the mist and rematerialzed several meters away. This time there was no drift, and the Immortal laid atomizing waste to the Guardians that had fired on them, leaving none alive. The second lord and his Destroyers moved toward the shrine, wiping out the last of the Guardians. The Farseer was no alone. The Wave Serpent surged closer to the shrine, but they wouldn't make it in time, he had to slow the Necrons assault. Thankfully, more of his troops heeded his calls for help. Two portable D-Cannons hovered in behind the bulk of the Necron force, ready to blast them. On the other side of the battlefield, a jetbike accompanied by a Wraithlord moved forward, laying covering fire on a unit of Warriors. The Striking Scorpions, confused by the swift movements of the Lord and his retinue, came in to where they had been but moments before. A second jetbike, faring better than the Scorpions, flew in right behind the Lord and Immortals.

While the D-Cannons sounded for range, the Jetbike fired a Brightlance into the Immortals, decapitating it. The Wraithlord and second Jetbike let fly gunfire into the squad of Warriors, felling 3 of them. The Farseer, still not sure wether his Banshees would make it in time, made the ultimate sacrifice and charged headlong into the advanding Destroyers. His attacks were futile, but he held them at bay. The Destroyer Lord moved in to assist his brethren. The Wraiths sensed the Eldar behind them and veered to take out the guns. The 20 Warriors surged over the hill in sight of the oncoming Wave Serpent, while the Lord again called his Immortals from death. The head rejoined with the body and all fire was turned on the jetbike that caused the wound. Its armor held like paper against the barrage. The Warriors near the Wraithlord opened fire, but were unable to peirce its thick shell. The Wraiths swarmed the D-Cannon crew, slaying one and destroying a platform. The squad held and squared off against the ethereal foes. Again the Farseer threw himself at the Destroyers, trying to buy more time for his Banshees. Again his attacks were futile, but this time the second Lord was able to cleave through his armor with its powerful staff of light. The wound was not mortal, but it put the fear into him, and he fled for his life, abandoning the item he was sent to extract from the shrine.

His gambit had paid off though, for as the Wave Serpent pulled up beside the shrine, the Destoyers turned their attention to the oncoming Wraithlord. The Warriors also poured fire into it. The Wraithlord was wounded, but stood fast. As the wraiths finished off the D-Cannon crew, the Warriors and Immortals turned their attention the the Wave Serpent. The sky erupted in green balefire as blast after blast poured into the hovering transport. The Starcannon and Shuriken catapult were melted to slag, and sparks flew as the external targeting sensors were sheared off, but the frame held.

The Wraithlord ran forward towards the awaiting Warriors, firing every weapon on its huge body, 3 warriors fell from it's onslaught. He crashed into the squad, killing 2 more from the weight of his blows. The warriors, unable to even scratch its skin, drew back. The remaining jetbike fired its Starcannon at the Destroyers, missing entirely.

When the Dark Reapers finally walked onto the feild of battle, the Lord realized that his hatred for the Eldar had clouded his judgement. He willed his only squad in range , his Destroyers, toward the temple. The second Lord, anticipating his commanders manuver, charged the Wraithlord to keep it from impeding the Destroyers mission.

While the Wave Serpent was badly damaged, the Banshees inside surged forth on the three Destoryers. The rained blow after blow from thier singing blades. 2 fell immediatly, but one held. It's return attack slayed one of the Banshees outright.

Time stopped for the Farseer and the Lord, each watched as thier troops fought. One seeking to protect the artifact in the shrine, the other wishing only to destroy it. The lord locked in mortal combat with the Wraithlord, called forth to the wrecked Destroyers. One heard the call and rose from the ground, its rent armor already starting to close up. Again the Banshees attacked with a flury of blows, but their blades could find no chinks in the armor. The Destoyers brought their heavy Gauss Cannons down, crushing two more of the Banshees. Fear crept into the heart of the exarch, and she fled. Her troops, knowing only to follow thier leader, fled as well. As they piled back into their transport, the Destroyers activated a short countdown on their powercells, and erupted in a ball of green energy, disintegrating themselves, the shrine, and the small Eldar artifact that had been housed within.

After battle report: I had an extremly good turn 1 and 2. My Scarabs got into a forward position past his scouts and routed a unit. They rallied and the other squads wiped out the swarm, but by my turn 2, all he had on the board was his Farseer. I got too kill greedy though. This game should have gone to him, as I didn't get any units into contact with the objective until turn 6. The game ended, but as there was a combat in progress, we had to finish it. I figured, 9 Banshees with Exarch vs 2 Destroyers I wouldn't even need to roll dice. Even when he failed to wound with 19 attacks and I killed 2 more Banshees, I assumed I had just porlonged the inevitable. Then he rolled an 11 for his morale and ran. I'm still in disbelief about it.

Lesson learned kids? Don't get kill happy.

Gyauayuayuayua! Ja! Ve vill crush da little girly men in deir little girl men awrmor! Ve vill see owur enemies driven befowur us, und hear da lahmentaytions of deir wemen. Und from owur home planet, de stayte uf Califowurnia, ve vill lawunch owur mighty offensive. Even if you kill us, ve'll be bach!! Gyauayauyauyauyau!

-Arnoldunit Schwarzenecronegger; when questioned about the impending doom he would rain down upon the heads of his doomed enemies.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Junior Member Wolf Lord Reld Rawblood's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow, that was a great report! Howevever, Army lists never go unwanted. So next time (please write more&#33, please include one.

Signing off,
    Reld Rawblood
    <a href='http://www.turnsignalsonalandraider.com/archives.php?ep=1072214963' target='_blank'>TSOALR</a>

TSOALR

Earth> USA> NewYork> Schenectady> My Pants
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    74 (x4)

Here&#39;s what I had:

1 Lord, Res Orb VoD
    1 Lord, Res Orb, Phase Shift, Destoryer Body

7 Immortals

30 Warriors,
    3 ten man squads

3 Wraiths

3 Destoyers

6 Scarabs

I&#39;m not positive what my opponent had, but I know he had

2 8 man Gaurdian squad with Star cannon platforms
    2 10 man Guardian squad with Star Cannon

2 D-Cannons in one squad of 4 gunners

1 wraith Lord

2 Jetbikes with I assume Brightlances

1 Farseer

1 squad 5 Dark Reapers

1 Squad 10 Scorpions w/Exarch

1 Squad 9 Banshees w/Exarch in a Wave Serpent.

IF you liked this one, check out the battle report for Nids vs. Sallys Take and Hold 1000 pts.
    Gyauayuayuayua! Ja! Ve vill crush da little girly men in deir little girl men awrmor! Ve vill see owur enemies driven befowur us, und hear da lahmentaytions of deir wemen. Und from owur home planet, de stayte uf Califowurnia, ve vill lawunch owur mighty offensive. Even if you kill us, ve'll be bach!! Gyauayauyauyauyau!

-Arnoldunit Schwarzenecronegger; when questioned about the impending doom he would rain down upon the heads of his doomed enemies.

Junior Member Wolf Lord Reld Rawblood's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok, I will
    <a href='http://www.turnsignalsonalandraider.com/archives.php?ep=1072214963' target='_blank'>TSOALR</a>

TSOALR

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

nice report...im not a fan of either army (well...they both make fun opponants) but having a game fall down to one dice roll is the best way to have it...the tension as they roll the dice makes the game worth playing if you asked me
    Never judge someone until you've walked a mile in their shoes...by that time they'll be a mile away, and have no shoes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    33 (x1)

Well written report, i agree to always put in army lists for all players. you used both lords pretty well combining the veil of darkness with the immortals, and the destroyer body plus the orb to go with your destroyers. I hope my friend doesn&#39;t catch on to this tactic. He doesn&#39;t even use the veil of D right, and he always forgets about the res. orb. All he does is march behind his monolith and gets into fireing range. He really needs to come up with some more ideas. I don&#39;t like the eldar but i was really hopeing they would win this one mainly b/c 90% of the batle reports posted ends with a win for the guy who posted it. anyways good report i enjoyed reading it
    What is dis signature nonsence?! dem stupid human zoggers are always trien to confuze us.

+ Reply to Thread