Blood Angels Vs Alatoc Eldar 1500pts - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

...Alezc leaned forward looking through the scope of his rifle; Blood Angels for sure, but what chapter? The humans were noisy enough that he didn't worry about stealth as he relayed his coordinates to the Farseer. Alezc could see something that resembled there own grav technology, yet vastily insuperior, and the amount of noise it made could be heard for miles. Soon the battle would begin and the advantage that the Eldar would gain from there pathfinders would dictate the battle....

So going with that I lost the role for strategy rating, deployment and first turn. Misiion was cleanse (with a 3 rolled for mission factors) and both armies lined up around 20" apart, with the exception of one group of rangers which positioned themselves on the flank which was mirored by my sniper scouts. My bolter scouts then deployed 18" away from his flanking rangers.

Disruption roll saw my sniper scouts removed and a couple shots at my devs, death company and librarian (who made two saves).. all were saved and the assault squad started pinned.

Blood Angels
    --
    Master of Sanctity w/jetpack, bp, deathmask
    -deathcompany (had 6 + 1sgt w/pf)

Codicer w/bp, FoD

Tac Squad x7 w/melta
    -sgt w/bp, pw
    -rhino w/smk, ea

Scouts x6 w/bolters
    -vet sgt

Scouts x5 w/4 sniper, ml
    -vet sgt

Assault Squad x9
    -vet sgt

LST x2 w/hb, ac

Dread w/ac, ml

Dev Squad w/ml x4
    -sgt

Eldar
    --
    Farseer w/wb, sp , Fortune
    -4 warlocks w/wb, sp

Pathfinders x3

Pathfinders x3

Pathfinders x3

Rangers x3

Rangers x3

Guardians x10
    -wave serpent w/ t-bl, t-sc

Guardians x10
    -wave serpent w/ t-bl, t-sc

Vyper w/starcannon, targeting matrix

Vyper w/starcannon, targeting matrix

Falcon w/ pulse laser, starcannon, twin linked shurikan catapults

Reapers x5

Eldar turn 1
    --
    Mostly fired at my devs killing them all. Wave serpent downed my dread on a glace and the reapers downed my land speeder. (311- I almost cried lol..seriously though :hmm: )

BA Turn 1
    --
    Bolter scouts move forward and shot up the flanking rangers and kill them all (all 3 baby&#33. The DC and librarian assaulted the command squad killing a couple but because of fortune all is cool. The land speeder downs an enemy vyper.. as opposed to a friendly one I guess. (311-the only good thing out of this turn was that my dc, both hereos were in cc)

Eldar turn 2
    --
    Lets see...downs my other ls..and shoots up the assault squad killing 6. Command squad dies after failing to get fortune off (psychic hood) and they move towards the reapers (force weapon killed farseer).

BA Turn 2
    --
    DC and Librarian move towards reapers in ruins with pathfinders underneath. Scouts show up and deploy deep in my deployment zone (going for contesting). Rhino goes after a wave serpent and deploys but because of some Eldar tricksy thing I don't get my extra d6 and thus nothing happens. Assault squad tries to assault the rear of a wave serpent and takes the bright lance off. As predicted the librarian killed all 3 pathfinders while the deathcompany kills off the reapers and they stay in the ruins.
    (this basically cut the Eldar in half and hile weakening them, I was in no shape to do any real damage).

Eldar turn 3
    --
    Wave serpent deploys by my sniper scouts and kills them all (sat there for the rest of the game getting that table quarter). Other wave serpent deploys by my sniper scouts and kills all but two. Falcon misses kills 5 from the tac squad. Vyper and pathfinders shoot into DC and do nothing (either saved or made the ignore injury roll).

BA Turn 3
    --
    Librarian assaults pathfinders that have another group 3" from them. He kills all and sweeping advances into the others. DC charges the falcon and does nothing. Scouts and tac squad charges guardians kills all but two and they run off.

Turn 4-5-6
    --
    Spent going around trying to kill the vehicles and eventually took out the falcon. One thing to note is the battle between the vyper and my librarian. It shot at and wounded my librarian..but then in one last acts of rage the librarian pops out into charge range of the vyper. All the pent up rage of the Librarian was too much; and with one bolt pistol shot.. cracked through the canopy and nailed the guardian between the eyes, downing the vyper (nothing like rolling consecutive 6's).

End Result --Tie-- with the vp going my way..but it was slight.

I thought I was going to loose after top of turn 1 and was really playing for a draw after that and was successful. Although Alatoc are really nasty they don't seem to have any finishing power. Also my pf in the dc did absolutly nothing...I must have hit like 9-10 times with it and even at strength 9 could do nothing to the armor. Losing my anti-armor units on turn 1 was devestating, and a great job by my opponent for realizing that. Im now 6-1-1.

Current Armies-
    Slaanesh (CSM)
    Daemonhunters
    Empire
    High Elves (BloodBowl)

Warseer Blood Bowl League

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I noticed in both your reports that you have two standard scout squads. However, in the BA codex it clearly states that you can have 0-1 standard scout squads from the space marine codex and all other scout squads must be blood angel scout squads (e.g. bolt pistols and ccws).

Nice reports, though. Thanks for taking the time to record your battles.
    Jack of all trades, master of none.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    99 (x5)

Could his Wave Serpent have claimed an objective? i thought Tranports couldn't.
    Cool battle seemed fun game considering that Alaitoc can be a bit dull to play against (oh half my armies dead or in reserve now is it??)
    Notch annother one up for the Good guys.
    Every time you read this sig: a fairie dies!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have as many BA scouts (they can take either bp&ccw, bolters or shotguns) as you want and one codex marine scout squad.
    Current Armies-
    Slaanesh (CSM)
    Daemonhunters
    Empire
    High Elves (BloodBowl)

Warseer Blood Bowl League

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Whoops, I'm sorry. You're totally right. You just can't have a heavy weapon.
    Jack of all trades, master of none.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you take that back wings of doom alaitoc are heaps cool oh wait a moment.................. oh my god they are boring!! sheesh i never new they were so boring!! soz my bad but it sounds like a totally fun battle report
    http://rhcp.forumup.org/
    Check it out.
    Its new but it will grow if people join.

+ Reply to Thread