Tau Vs Eldar - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Tau Vs Eldar

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Eldar invaded the territory of the Tau, this hostile act must be punished. The none believers will pay!!!

Ok yea whatever. In the campaign being done the Eldar and Tau are supposed to be allied against the Imperium... well supposed to. THEY INVADED MY PERSONAL SPACE, THEY MUST DIE!!!

This was another 500 point flash battle. Ok same board as the previus battle (see Battle In the Den). This time I had the high ground and the Eldar were on the low board edge.

The armies were as follows:

Eldar
    8 Dire avengers
    1 Vyper Grav Bike
    8 Guardians with Warlock
    8 Guardians with star cannon support platform
    6 rangers
    ... yea thats it

Tau
    2 Crisis suits in two individual units armed with burst cannon and missil pod
    1 Crisis suite with plasma rifle and fusion blaster with shield gen
    12 man firewarrior squad, shas'ui, bonded
    12 man firewarrior squad, shas'ui, bonded
    ... um yea thats all

Deployment:

I set my two missil pod suits on the highest point of the board allowing their godly range of 36 to hit the deployment zone of my Eldar opponent. My first firewarrior team set up on the ramp leading to the highest point setting up a fireing line clear of obstacles all the way to the opposite board edge. (from that height no obstructions blocked line of sight)

My second firewarrior team set up on the hill at the bottom of the high ground on the other side of my deployment zone and similarly stood over a fireing lane clear of most obstacles(1 hill protected the Eldar deployment)

My last crisis suite sat in the middle of my two groups halfay up the hill but slightly lower FCW squad.
    Note: The high ground is on my far right flank

The eldar set his dire avengers and vyper on his right flank(my left) and his rangers and guardian squad with the cannon set in the middle of his line.

His second Guardian squad with the warlock was on his far left(my right) preparing to advance up the hill to my high ground.

Now the battle:

Turn 1
    I spared no... never mind I missed my few shots. My high ground firewarriors advanced some spreading out their line and opening up their view of the field. My second FCW squad stayed put. My fusion blaster suite moved forward intent on the Eldar vehicle.

The Eldar player shot and missed with the rangers. His warlock squad footed up the hill toward me around some rocks, his dire avengers and vyper swept up over their shielding hill and headed towards my left and middle intent on my solo suite.

Turn 2
    I opened up on the warlock squad sending more than half (5 guys) to hell after one of my suits jumped forward closing the gap allittle. My firewarriors aided the suits in that fireing. My second squad of firewarriors (on the left of my line at the bottom of the hill) opened on the dire avengers sending two of them to the grave. My solo suite continued forward readying to fusion the vyper. My missil pod suits hit the rangers killing two of them.

The Eldar player passed his moral checks and the warlock squad continued forward. The vyper and dire avengers getting dangerously close to my fusion gun... for them that is, I was on the other side of some difficult area terrain, not much but enough. His Rangers shot and killed two firewarriors and his starcannon squad stayed put missing its shots.

Turn 3
    My fusion suite leapt forward and MISSED the shot on the vyper. However my angry firewarriors nearby blasted on the vyper immobolizeing it and sending it crashing to the ground. My missil pod suits hit the guardians with the star cannon some... or something, they didnt do much this turn. But my first FCW team on the hill annihilated the warlock squad. My fusion gun suite moved back behind cover.

The Eldar player moved his starcannon forward and the rangers stayed behind them missing their shots. The dire avengers came at me but were still out of range.

Turn 4
    I let the dire avengers have it and blew them away. My first firewarrior squad charged down the hill. My missil pod suits also came down the hill taking down two guardians.

The Eldar player got a spot of luck and blew apart 3 of my poor firewarriors. I was pissed. The Rangers and the Guardians were hoofing it behind their hill to get away from my guns.

Turn 5
    My second FCW team (bottom) let the guardians have it killing 3 of em. My first squad passed its leadership check and was now in range spitting death at the guardians. My missil pod and fusion gun suits came forward continueing to blast the guardians.

Down to 3 guardians they failed their moral check and fell off the board. The rangers fired but only managed 1 wound on one of my missil suits.

Turn 6
    What do I need to say, I burst cannoned the rangers and the game was over.

Basically what happened is well... I got the high ground and used it. My godlike firepower started almost in range and thanks to the short range Eldar guns blew them apart as they advanced. The Eldar were not numerous enough to survive the gauntlet and not one shurikan catapault fired. Sure it was sort of mean and the terrain was spartan but granted he could have done better if he had made use of the terrain more. If he had hugged the area terrain my sight would have been blocked but he chose to avoid it by a long shot leaving him open to my higher ground fire.

The only things that could have helped, (the rangers, vyper, and starcannon) performed poorly, either being taken out early or missing allot of their shots. Only once did the starcannon show its power to my poor firewarriors.

In the end I lost 7 FCWs and... thats it. Nothing else fell.

Perhaps in my earlier fight I should have used drones instead of suits... but hindsight is a pain. Holding the high ground my long range missils finally came to bear.

Another victory for the Tau, furtherance of the greater good. Also those aloof eldar got their @$3 handed to em.

THEY DESERVED IT FOR INVADING MY SPACE!!!

2/2 was better than anyone else there. All other players had 1 win and one loss, one guy had only a loss. So I did well and the battle lines are secured for the Tau... I hope my fellow Tau player won his second fight against the Chaos marines... it looked possible but then again the marines were dangerously close... but then again he had 12 burst cannons... I can only wait till next week.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well done sounds like a good battle
    <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:red'>Chaos will fall </span></span>

<span style='color:blue'>tyranids will rule the Galaxy with a bloody claw </span>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

v. good to read
    <span style='font-size:21pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:blue'>The Power of the Guard</span></span>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

good battle
    <span style='color:green'><span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>THE REAL SHADOW ELF IS HERE&#33;&#33;</span>

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>The tyranids will rip you to peices as soon as they rip your friends</span></span>

+ Reply to Thread