Tau vs. IG - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Tau vs. IG

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tau vs. IG

First I should explain that this is part of an ongoing story campaign, my HQ is a specially painted Fire Warrior Shas’ui called Shas’ui T’au Or’es Shi and friend 1’s HQ is a specially painted Pathfinder with Railgun called Shas’ui Tash’var Shovah. We don’t follow the standard WH40K mythos exactly in this campaign (so we have more creative leeway). The mission gave me and friend 1 150 points and I don’t remember how many points friend 2 had. We used Loose Formation rules. Battlefield was about 10 ft long and wide.

Objective:
    Investigate small Imperial Guard base. Reports suggest that a group of mercs have recently found a number of Hormagunt eggs and were delivering them to a group of Tau scientists when their ship was stopped and boarded by the Imperial Guard and the eggs were taken and the ship destroyed. With a member of the same mercenary bent on revenge we are to recover the eggs from the base they are suspected to been taken too.

Tau Fell Wind Forces: (me)
    Shas’ui T’au Or’es Shi (20p)
    8 Fire Warriors (6 Pulse Rifles, 2 Pulse Carbine) (80p)
    2 Gun Drones (24p)
    3 Kroot Carnivores (21p)

Tau Burning Sky Forces: (friend 1)
    Shas’ui Tash’var Shovah (25p)
    3 Pathfinders (30p)
    Devilfish Troop Carrier (80p)
    2 Gun Drones (24p)

Imperial Guard Forces: (friend 2)
    HQ Commissar
    Squad of 10 Cadian Shock Troops with one Meltagun Guy
    Squad of 10 Cadian Shock Troops with one Plasmagun Guy
    Brood of 5 Mind Controlled Hormagaunts
    Brood of 12 Mind Controlled Termagant
    Space Marine Scout with Shotgun (The Merc, on our side but this guy controlled him)

Turn One:
    FW: I begin the arduous journey across battle field with my troops into flanking locations on while sticking to cover best as possible, spot a patrol of Cadian Shock Troops.
    BS: Same but different flank, Shas’ui Tash’var Shovah and the other pathfinder with a rail rifle move into cover, most of the enemy base is already in range but they wait to act until my troops are in place.
    IG: Patrols continues not noticing any of the pathfinders but they spot my units and the Devil Fish troop carrier but are all out of range to open fire.

Turn 2:
    FW: I move all of my units out of cover so the enemy patrol is in range of my Pulse Rifles and open fire. Two of the shock troops are killed. Drones and Kroot get into flanking positions and the Mercenary Human sticks with my Pulse Carbine Guys.
    BS: Pathfinders with rail rifles open fire on the Shock Troop with the Meltagun killing him. The troop carrier with the drones moved up towards striking distance of the enemy infantry.
    IG: Other patrols start moving towards the base to take up passions with cover, the ‘nids in the lead because the fleet of claws. The patrol there falls back trying to reach cover due to being still 1 move away from being in weapons range of any Tau units.

Turn 3:
    FW: Pulse Carbine guys move into range of Shock Troops killing 1 of them and pinning the group. Pulse Rifle guys kill 2 of them. Drones fly up and open fire but kill no one. Kroot move up and open fire on the pined enemy and kill one of them.
    BS: Pathfinders all open up killing the remaining 4 shock troops. Transport moves alone side my units.
    IG: Enemies take up defensive passions in some bunkers and pill boxes. Guants without ranged weapons take cover behind a wall.

Turn 4:
    FW: Begin moving to 30’’ away from the base.
    BS: Same thing
    IG: Does nothing, apparently they have no weapon that can each us.

Turn 5:
    FW: Still moving.
    BS: Pathfinders with Rail guns open fire but miss due to cover.
    IG: Waiting

Turn 6:
    FW: Still Moving.
    BS: Pathfinders with rail gun open fire and hit kill one gaunt.
    IG: Waiting except the claw guants when make a mad dash at us, still 2 turns away from attack range (unless really good fleet of claws rolls).

Turn 7:
    FW: Open Fire on guants, kill all of them.
    BS: Fire at base, cover prevents any kills.
    IG: ‘Reinforcements’ arrive in the form of a the men we killed from inside the bunker. :rolleyes:

Turn 8:
    FW: We offer the Imperial Guard a chance to surrender but they refuse.
    BS: Rail guns take out the HQ.
    IG: Surrender.

Since this battle we found out that the rail rifles and guns in the book are differnt and dont have 72'' range lol.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    299 (x7)

Good battle report, nice story. Like terran vs confederacy all over again, but you just got btter guns
    I'm surprised the IG player didn't say anything when you shot a gun at 72" range :o Hopefully you didn't say it was S10 and AP1 too? Not sure of the T of a Commissar, or W, but to kill him in one shot it has to be either T3 (thought it was T4) or W1 (thought it was W2).
    Quote Originally Posted by rikimaru View Post
    You have the option for instance of infiltrating, outflanking, pillboxing, or anti assault.

And that's just with the Kroot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It always makes me sad to see people play IG in small games. The Guard had little to no chance of ever hoping to beat you. Two squads and a few bugs isn't going to do anything to railgun-toting Tau. Oh well.
    We'll show these filthy aliens what Imperial Guard are made of!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yea today I was doing a mock battle with my IG proxies and 20 Cadian Shock Troops, while using a good flanking statigy around the coffie table....i mean abandon shopping mall... they were still only able to kill 4 of my 12 fire warriors. It took a Sergent Vetern and a Trooper with a Bolt Stormer (or whatever its called) to kill the ones that they did, the rest were killed so easily becuase their crappy Sv 5+ and my Pulse Rifle AP 5. They didn't even get to use their 2 Plasma Rifles or other Bolt Stormer.

Yea Tyranids also dont last more than a round or 2 once they enter weapons range.
    Last edited by Osaria; March 27th, 2005 at 22:07.

+ Reply to Thread