Imperial Guard Vs. Khorne - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Army description

IG :
    HQ :
    Colonel Straken Ironhand
    Nork Dedogg
    4 guards, 2 with plasmaguns and 2 with meltaguns
    upgrade : catachan devils (ws 4 bs 4)

Heavy Support :
    1 leman russ (hulk laser canon + 2 heavy bolters on the sides)
    1 basilisk

Troops:
    *Troop alpha :
    1 command squad (junior officer + 4 guards)
    - 1krak missile launcher
    - 1 plasmagun
    - 1 grenade launcher
    Squad 1 :
    10 guards with vet sergeant and 1 laser canon
    Squad 2:

*Troop beta :
    1 command squad (junior officer + 4 guards)
    - 1 melta gun
    - 1 flamethrower
    Squad 1 :
    Squad 2 :
    10 guards with vet sergeant and 1 autocanon

Elite :
    Callidus assassin

Allied :
    1 squad of 6 GK (1 psycannon + 1 incinerator)

Khorne Army
    HQ : Bloodthirster Greater Deamon of Khorne

Troops
    Troop 1 : 8 chaos marines +1 laser canon
    Troop 2 : 7 chaos marines +1 autocanon
    Troop 3 : 7 chaos marines +1 autocanon
    Troop 4 : 7 Khorne Bloodletters

Elite :
    1 squad of 3 obliterators
    1 squad of 6 terminators (with gauntlets, energetic weapons and combined bolters (heavy flamer, meltagun…) with aspirant champion

Heavy support :
    1 defiler

Landscape :
    Table of 210cm (+/- 7feet) x 100 cm (3feet 4inches)
    One very big moutain right in the middle (no lov at all from both sides), 1 path on each side of the mountain ; trees scattered all over the place, ruins on the IG side and barricades on the Chaos side.

All IG forced deployed except the callidus
    Khorne deployed his defiler and 3 SM squads, the rest been kept as deepstrike

Chaos won to start 1st

Before the 1st turn, the callidus assassin induced a movement on the side on one of the SM squad, putting it at range of the Leman Russ battle canon on the right side of the field.

1st turn :

Chaos hid back his SM squad behind the moutain
    Defiler fired over the mountain (thanks to its indirect fire) with success on one of the IG squad in the middle of the IG side, but the deviation was too great and did no damages
    No other shooting,

Imperial Guard
    All units on the move forward as they have no line of fire
    Basilisk fired also with success over the mountain and hit right in the middle of the 8 SM squad. No deviation, 6 SM killed and the 2 surviving ones missed their tests.

2nd turn
    Chaos
    No movement
    Defiler succeeds again his shoot on another squad in the middle of the IG forces, but again the deviation made him miss the target.
    Obliterators succeed their deepstrike roll and appeared near the right corner of the IG (between my command platoon and my Leman Russ). No deviation, they stayed in the template. Dammed bastards, I thought at the moment, they are going to tear my rear apart !
    And indeed, they all 3 emulated a laser canon and aimed at my basilisk, at the left of the table, behind my HQ platoon. I already was saying goodbye to my basie when he rolled 3 1 !!

IG
    Squads on the left of the table advancing a little bit further on difficult ground, the rest not moving, been ready to shoot a hell of fire on the 3 obliterators.
    The leman russ turned in order to face the obliterators and the callidus decided to reveal herself not far from the obliterators as well.
    The leman russ shot first with 1 heavy bolter and laser canon but missed all his rolls.
    Then, 2 IG squads with their lasguns, 1 laser canon and 1 autocanon at their turns aimed at the obliterators, forcing them to miss 1 save. The callidus shot as well, using her neuro-disruptor but obliterators had too high a cmdt for her to succeed (a 6 roll was needed)
    Then, the HQ platoon shot at last, with Staken and his plasma pistol (who rolled a 1 not saved L ) + 2 other melta and plasma guns. Here again the obliterators missed a save or 2.
    To finish them, the Callidus made the assault and killed the 3 of them in 1 turn, no save allowed. Yesss, the Emperor is on my side !

Not for long…

3rd turn
    Chaos
    Terminators appeared in deepstrike right in the middle of my troops + Bloodthirster Deamon revealed. He decided to appear on the left side of the table, between the border and the basilisk…
    The defiler took a shot at a squad of the beta troop, on the right side, the shot succeeded but deviated to the right and ended up a bit on the squad and the other bit on the rear of my Leman russ. He rolled nicely and I got my LR completely destroyed, a few guards died as well under the fire of the defiler and the explosion of the LR. Command test missed, squad blocked.
    Things began to get nasty all the more since the termies decided to take a shot a my HQ platoon, one with heavy flamer. Results, all special weapons guy grilled. Nork Deddog, protected Straken well, and Nork lost 1hp in the battle.

Not far from there, on the left side, the Bloodthirster decided to recycle my basilisk, as he cut through it like through butter !

My turn now !
    Callidus on the move towards the termies, but again, she missed the roll for the neurodisruptor weapon. 1 squad + 1 command squad fired at the termies but with no success. They are imitated by the grey knights, Straken and Dedogg. Results : 3 termies felt on the ground, the one with the heavy flamer included, the ***** ! They ended up engaged in h2h with the GK who killed the remaining 2.
    On the left side, the alpha troop is firing at the Major Daemon, making him loose

Turn 4
    Chaos
    Defiler missed its shot.
    On the other side, just next to a squad of the alpha troop the bloodletters appeared and wiped it out completely. In the same time, the Major Deamon assault the other squad of the alpha troop, killing everybody but the courageous sarge holding on thight to the lascannon !

IG
    All squads at range but one shot at the bloodletters, especially the GK who are just next to them. The fired did not much damages, maybe 1 loss or 2, but the h2h between the GK and the bloodletters made them (the bloodletters) history, especially the justicar and its 3 attacks with energetic blade.
    The squad not shooting on the bloodletters is the command squad of alpha troop who shot a crack missile at the Major Deamon who lost another HP.

Turn 5
    Defiler succeeds his shot again and with a hit, completely destroying a squad on the beta troop on the right side of the table.
    Major Deamon assaults the GK, he dealt lethal blows to 5 of them but as they could attack together due to identical initiatives, they managed to deal the last blow, killing the major deamon.

At this point in game we are with the remaining troops on each side :

Khorne : defiler + 2 squads of 7 Space Marines and 1 squad with 2 remaining SM

IG : 1HQ (Straken + Nork), 1 surviving grey knight, the callidus, both command squads of troops alpha and beta, 1 sergeant with lascannon and a squad of 5-7 guards.

To sum up, the chaos hid behind barricades, awaiting for the IG to come near and using the Defiler as long range weapon to shoot the guards
    On my side, I had no other possibilities than to advance hidden by the mountain up to the moment I had to cross through the paths on the side of the mountain to approach the defiler and engage the remaining SM.

That's what I did. The defiler missed a lot of shots and one SM squad killed a few of my guards with it autocanon. On my side, I tried to shoot his SM behind the barricades with my autocanon, but I poorly rolled and he had invulnerable saves due to the protection of the barricades, eventhough it was not necessary due to the +3 svg of the marine and the AP of the autocanon being 4.

All in all, it's on the left side that things got interesting, the 7 SM behind the barricades being engaged in h2h with again the callidus and Straken + Nedogg, the squad lost a couple of marines.

We then ran out of time and decided to end up with a draw.

Conclusions :

* At first, I thought I would be destroyed quite easily by the Chaos. I was wrong, I should be more trustful towards my guys !
    * My only mistake of the game I think was to not have listened up to what my opponent said, when he explained there was no aspirant champion among his SM. I thought that he would have made his Major Daemon appear amongst them. I was wrong and not careful as it was with the termies. Should I have listen more carefully, I would have taken my 1st basilisk shot at his defiler and not at his SM. After, it was too late as I missed my shots and then the daemon destroyed it. I'll never make this mistake again !
    * It was the 1st time I used the Grey Knights. They did a good job against the bloodletters and termies. Too bad the bloodletters are the only daemons with a 3+/5+ invuln save. Due to that, they always had their saves against my GK shots (especially incinerator and psycannon). But in h2h, they were pretty good.
    * I had a little luck with his obliterators, but after he got luck too when destroying my leman russ on the rear. I also got unlucky as I missed all my morale tests.
    * The Callidus did also a great job. Too bad (again) she fought an army with a very high command, which prevented her from using her neuro-disruptor. But when it comes to h2h, she is quite a birch to handle with !!

Kryss

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

are you using the old codex because i didnt think nork deddog was in the new one
    Want a website built to show off your miniatures? We recommend www.reaperwebdesign.co.uk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

some of the rules you have used are a bit odd.... invulnerable save from cover?
    Apathy is the greatest enemy of all.

=0_o=

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

dude you said "Too bad the bloodletters are the only daemons with a 3+/5+ invuln save. Due to that, they always had their saves against my GK shots (especially incinerator and psycannon)."

is there something im overlooking, or is this complete bollocks? the reason why the incinerator and the psycannon are so elite is because they eat right through invulnerable saves.. ? :blink: :huh:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some explanations :

are you using the old codex because i didnt think nork deddog was in the new one
    --> Yes

some of the rules you have used are a bit odd.... invulnerable save from cover?
    --> well I don't know the rules by heart. There was a neutral guy (my brother), he knows (nearly) everything. What I know is that when you're in woods or buildings and that you're fired at, your save becomes invulnerable. That's in the rules. The question you ask is : is that also valid for barricades ? I don't know, I trusted the "referee" who said it was the reason for having barricades.

Too bad the bloodletters are the only daemons with a 3+/5+
    --> Unfortunately for me, yes, the bloodletters are the only daemons with a 3+/5+ invuln save (all the others have a 4+ invuln save). The psycannon and incinerator have a AP 4 with no save, so, the guy could use is normal 3+ save.

Kryss

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

10 guardsmen with vet sargeant and 1 laser canon
    What is a laser canon? I mean is like a star cannon or autocannon or a D cannon or is it like a Lascannon? Please help. Any way, making him loose what? ( greater daemon)
    Wins from my armies.

W/D/L
    Cadian 22nd/124th (Infantry/armoured) 17/9/15
    Cadian 128th (Artillery) DISBANDED!
    Space Wolves (Marines) DISBANDED!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice battle report. Good Job.

I hoped you remember that with Grey Knights on the map, all deamons suffer -1 to Leadership so make sure he was doing his instablitiy test on those bloodletters.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question, dont' you have to have an inquisitor to field an assassin, as per the Daemonhunter codex....?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

nope

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the new rules say u must have an inquisitor to have an assassain but im not sure how it works in guard...

its in the chapter approved
    MY ADVICE?
    GREY KNIGHTS RULE!

Armies:

Raven Guard
    Daemonhunters

Bretonnians

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast