Alpha Legion vs Ultramarines [1000] - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alpha Legion vs Ultramarines [1000]

I have finally had a chance to test out my Alpha legion army, and it has not dissapointed me one bit.
    The game was against a player who has collected for a good 5 years, and had a fairly strong list.

My Alpha Legion Army

Chaos Lieutenant (joining troop squad)
    Power Weapon
    Meltabombs
    Bolt Pistol
    Infiltrate

5x Chaos Marines/ 4x Bolters/ 1x Lascannon/ Infiltrate

5x Chaos Marines/ 4x Bolters/ 1x Lascannon/ Infiltrate

11x Chaos Marines/ 11x BP & CCW/ Infiltrate (joining lieutenant)
    (11 models)

10x Chaos Marines/ 10x BP & CCW/ Infiltrate
    1x Asp. Champ. / Power Fist & BP/ Infiltrate
    (11 models)

10x Chaos Marines/ 10x BP & CCW/ Infiltrate
    1x Asp. Champ. / Power Fist & BP/ Infiltrate
    (11 models)

8x Havocs/ 4x Bolters/ 4x Missile Launchers/ Infiltrate

His Ultramarine Army (roughly)

Beefed up expensive HQ with 5 man assault squad, including power weapon, veteran sergeant, and 2 plasma pistols.

10 man tactical squad, veteran sergeant with power weapon. missile launcher.

10 man tactical squad, veteran sergeant with power weapon. missile launcher.

Devastator squad with 4x lascannons.

5 man tactical squad, missile launcher, veteran sergeant.

The start of the game was the most fun for me, watching him set up his WHOLE army while i wait and leave all my stuff still in the box. Finally i set up my army, and hes surrounded, i just love infiltrate .

After my turn, i had taken out his devastator squad, his 5 man squad, and half of another 10 man squad just in shooting. No close combat this turn though, for obvious reasons.

His turn 1, he shoots his 2 remaining troop choices at my troops, killing 4 models. He then charges one of my troop squads with his HQ/assault squad. His HQ manages to kill 2 men, and his assault squad kills one. I then strike back, killing 2 assault marines, and the powerfist slays the HQ outright... failed 2 invulnerave saves.

My turn 2, i shot the missile launchers and the lascannon squads at his remaining 5 men of the 10 man squad, annihilating them. I charge his 10 man tactical squad with 18 models, and wipe out every single model, he kills 1. In the other combat, my 8 men manage to kill the remaining 3 assault marines, and i lost one model.

And that was the end of the game, he only got to have the 1 turn. I had eliminated every single model, and only lost 8 men, a total of 120 points out of the 1000.

So overall, my army seemed to succeed greatly, and i look forward to playing many more games with it in the near future... if anyone will play against an army that harsh.

Chaos - 11W 0L 0D
    Orks - 8W 0L 0D
    Tyranids - 8W 0L 0D

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Senior Member taint_of_the_dark_ones's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    29 (x2)

Good to see that the list worked for you. Isn't infiltration a real perk. As long as the mission permits infiltration, you should do well in all of your games. Good win,
    Taint

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks Taint.
    I love infiltration now, ill never go without it.
    Chaos - 11W 0L 0D
    Orks - 8W 0L 0D
    Tyranids - 8W 0L 0D

Senior Member taint_of_the_dark_ones's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    29 (x2)

Now that you've seen the list works at 1000pt games, why not try to expand it to 1500pts. This will give you something to work on, make the army tournament size, and why you play this list find things that are missing that need improving. My suggestion, at least 300 pts of cultists (and that's alot of models!), and some more heavy support, like differant havoc squads. Cheers,
    Taint

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have already made a 1500 point version of the list.
    It is the same, but includes one more troop squad, and 2 defilers with living vehicle
    Chaos - 11W 0L 0D
    Orks - 8W 0L 0D
    Tyranids - 8W 0L 0D

+ Reply to Thread