Necron vs Eldar vs Tyranid 1500 points - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Necron vs Eldar vs Tyranid 1500 points

We deployed LOTS of terrain, we started in corners, 'Nids and Eldar opposite.

1500 points

Necron:
    1 Lord w/ VOD, orb

3x 10 warriors

1x6 immortals

1x4 pariahs

1 Tomb spyder

3 Tomb spyder

1 monolith

Total: 1507, phase: 9/37

Tyranid:

1 tyrant with VC, S+1, BS+1, WS+1, I+1, Warp blast,

16 gaunts with sythes 10 points each

10 genestealers

8 gaunts with devoureres

2 Zoanthropes with Warp blast

3 warriors, 2 with 1 scythe and Rending claws, 1 with 2 sythes and mutated larger

2 biovores with mines...

1 Red terror

Eldar:

3 Far seers- mind war
    3 warlocks: Conceal

Guardians: 3x15-ish with one Warlock each with 2 starcannons total

5 Wraithguards

5 scorpions with 1 seargeant

1 WraithLord with starcannon

1 Fireprism

1 Falcon with a (Large laser thing) and SC

1 Wave Serpent with SC

Game lasted four turns, the goal was to kill the most points (per model not squad). Free for all, all with ~1500 points. In the end It was a draw between myself and my 'nid friend, Eldar all out losing.

First time writing a battle report with fluff... First time with Eldar Fluff too... Enjoy!

The Far Seers slowly walked forward followed by a retinue of warlocks. The Eldar had lost territory after territory on this planet and they would not be defeated again. "We march on our own territory," the Far Seer named Que said to his councel. "We have been forced out by the aliens, but no more shall we bend against their wrath. Today, we march to victory!" his voice trumpeted to the troops who gave a shout of encouragement. A group of vehicles flew by and circled around to stay with the main body.

As the Far seer was prepared to march to victory or death, a scout ran up to the Council. Across his chest were large gashes, his armour coming off. Were the atmosphere not as tolerable as it was, he'd have died from the slashes not the blood loss, which was quite visible in the red stream coming down. He denied medical aid, insisting on reporting immediately. "Tyranids! Tyranids are attacking the Necron as well!" after this the warrior collapsed. Far Seer Que felt for a pulse. None remained. As his body and soulstone were tended to, The Far seer turned to the Council. "We may not have to destroy the Necron ourselves... Do not confront the Tyranid if you can help it!" he told his troops. "Now, prepare to attack!"

As the army advanced at a slow steady pace, a large temple could be seen-their own. Unfortunately, at its base were vile metal skeletons. They stood and watched, transfixed, as a Spider-like mechanism exploded, seemingly without warning. The skeletons suddenly turned and out of a treeline several small beasts jumped out, followed by a slithering monstrosity. "The Tyranid..." Que whispered. The Army stood, watching for the Necron to be destroyed. As the creatures slashed at the Necron warriors, not one fell and they raised their weapons and slashed at the beasts. After a single uniformed set of downward slashes, the squad of warriors and the robed Necron vanished. As they vanished,two of the large spiders began to hover towards the beasts. As they moved several green beams crackled, the large one roaring in pain. An odd wave of uneasiness spread across the troops as a Necron squad marched forward and slashed at the Red Terror. Their scythes passed straight through the beast, severing several of its limbs. The hapless beast flailed and 2 of the Necron fell, phasing out soon after.

Que could wait no longer. "Atta-" but he was cut off by a wailing scream as 2 small spores drifted soundlessly towards the Guardians. With a large, yet oddly soft explosion the mines detonated killing numerous guardians. His yell had been heard, however. With the sounds of battle, numerous starcannons fired their deadly piercing blasts. The Necron turned and the front row of Necron warriors were knocked down as the high tech weaponry hit. The Necron were trapped in a corner, on one side there were Tyranid. On the other, Ulthwé. "We may have a chance..." Que thought to himself. His hopes were shattered as half the warriors taken down rose up again, loosing an arching green volley. An unexpected shout of pain was heard, and Que turned.

In the front lines, The Avatar of Khaine himself had been hit and wounded. He was still alive, Que was relieved to see. Again, his thoughts of hope were shattered as more of these flaying beams came from several double barrelled weapons. To Que's shock,The Avatar collapsed, a great gaping hole in his chest. The squad of Striking Scorpions were stunned by this and resorted to a simple impulse: revenge. Despite Que's shouts, they ran forward towards the Necron and raised weapons. Starcannons and fireprism alike fired and took down several Necron warriors and a Spider Mechanism.

Que was barely listening as a scout who reported the Lord and warriors who'd vanished earlier had slain all but 2 of a group of Genestealers, only losing 2 of their number.He watched in pleasure as several immortals were slain by his weapons. His unfounded fear was lifted as he saw the last of the unholy Pariahs slain by the last flailings of the wounded Tyranid. The smaller beasts overwhelmed 2 spiders, slaying the last of them at the cost of few of their numbers. The small gaunts and their larger Monstrosity advanced, followed by several crystalline projectiles downed a few Immortals and warriors.

Que caught himself cheering for the Tyranid as they advanced. His warriors had moved very little and the Necron were losing numbers quickly. He turned around and was stunned at what he saw. The Lord and his warriors were within 50 feet of them having teleported again. With another hail of deadly beams, guardians were slain at a high rate. For fear of the Council, he led his Psykers behind a wall of their former temple. He sighed in relief but turned to see a site far worse. He saw Necron. The Tyranid gaunts and Red Terror were slain. As several Large Tyranid Warriors assaulted the Necron warriors, they too were slain. The Larger slower creatures were all that were left and stayed making quick shots at the Warriors to little affect.

A third hope appeared in Que's mind as the Wriahtguard formed numerous "warp holes", one of the Necron warriors sucked into one for eternity. But Thrice his hopes would be destroyed. In a deadly volley of fire the Eldar guardians were all defeated save one squad remaining at the rear. As Striking scorpions began assaulting the warriors, The Lord and his warriors again appeared next to the close combat. Hopes fell even lower as a great shadow fell next to the Council.

As they looked up and gaped a large obsidian structure fell. As it slowed its descent, cannons fired causing chaos all over. With a great jolt, Que himself was thrown to the ground by a great bolt. While he survived, he was in great pain and it took all will to stay conscious. As he watched, The Lord and warriors emerged through the portal and a crash as heard a Falcon fall to their deadly fire. Out of the corner of his eye he saw the last of his guardians slaughtered and the Wraithlord downed. The Striking Scorpions were slain by warriors. As the warriors turned to face the Far seers and raised their long barrelled weapons, Que's vision went black as did the hope of regaining territory. They'd be Lucky if the Aliens only captured one more territory for the Eldar were in very poor shape indeed...

Necron will stand for eternity.Their race has survived aeons by trading their very souls for metal bodies. Now, they will live on through eternity and will vanquish all life from our universe.For they are Necron. Flesh is weak. The machine will rise!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"
    3 warriors, 2 with 1 scythe and Rending claws, 1 with 2 sythes and mutated larger
    "

There's 8 species in that hive... So the Warrior could not be mutated, because there are only 6 wounds in the brood...

Nice Batrep though :-)

B.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    108 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by kendercommander
    Eldar:

3 Far seers- mind war
    3 warlocks: Conceal

Guardians: 3x15-ish with one Warlock each with 2 starcannons total

5 Wraithguards

5 scorpions with 1 seargeant

1 WraithLord with starcannon

1 Fireprism

1 Falcon with a (Large laser thing) and SC

1 Wave Serpent with SC
    Dude! My little brother could make better lists than that, and he dosen´t even know what warhammer is! The scorpions are a waste in squads that small, their points are wasted. Fireprisms are not fieldworthy, its points are wasted. A falcon with no upgrades are a waste of points, and he uses WAY too many guardians. Ask him to log on here, we´ll be very happy to help him out..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

BTW, I'm the Necron player.

@Baktru: Yes, I read his codex once at a game and came upon that. I can't ever remember exact rules so sometimes I tell him he can't do it, and other times I miss it completely. Well, he's just wasting points on something that gets fried by gauss cannons anyways

@Farseer Sareld: Well I'm not sure where to start on this...

I hate to say this, but he sucks.

1) at first he used all bright lances for all the heavy weapon choices. Last Good Friday during a Stargate marathon I played against a spacemarine as his Eldar army and absolutely slaughtered the SM. I used all starcannons and NOW he uses starcannons.

2)He doesn't move. He keeps everthing in his corner firing away with starcannons.

3) He's Ulthwé, yet his Seer councel does NOTHING. he conceils a few squads and then hides the group.

3) He uses a bunch of vehicles and then a swarm of guardians. Prior to this game, he just used 4 scorpions and 4 of those bird things(Hawks?). He doesn't use elites or fast attack!

4) He doesn't actually remember all his unit stats.

5) He fires everything at the monolith. Think about this. 14 AV all round. He fires everything in range.

6) he refuses any tips thinking that we're sabotaging his army.

That's just how he is. And just for further info, this was part of a campaign with 60 territories spread amongst 4 players. 'Nids and I (necron) have 17 territories each. He has 12...

Oh and please bash our army lists as well as the battle report. I'm curious how our little group is compared to everyone else
    Necron will stand for eternity.Their race has survived aeons by trading their very souls for metal bodies. Now, they will live on through eternity and will vanquish all life from our universe.For they are Necron. Flesh is weak. The machine will rise!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's difficult to comment on the Tyranid Army...

Well other than the fact that that mutated large Warrior isn't legal unless there are 4 Warriors in the brood...

And the reason is that the list somehow seems incomplete... I count only 43 models there (i.e. nothing for Tyranid standards) and when I tried puzzling the same army together, it added up to around 1050 points, not 1500...

The one thing I really do like about it....

Genestealers! Yes, they may not be the best gameplay-wise but a 'Nid army without Stealers just isn't complete :-) There's just too many players whodon't use them

With kind regards,

B.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I missed lots of biomorphs. Everything that could was biomorphed to the max. And the gaunts had a hivenode/squad I believe...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kendercommander

Good Job on your victory Kender...

A "Hurrah! " for the Necrons.
    -----------------------------------------------------
    1. I'm surprised the Crons handled the Nids that well.

2. It's too bad for the Eldar, the Avatar didn't make it into CC. I fought one in CC and they are literally "Hell on Earth" for Necrons.
    Anything that has been said above must be immediately

disregarded, as the high level of stupidity contained in every

word may cause you to drool on your computer thus causing

your own demise...

you know water+electricity= dead...-ness. :mellow:

+ Reply to Thread