2K Dark Eldar Wych Cult Vs Dark Angels - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2K Dark Eldar Wych Cult Vs Dark Angels

Mission: Recon -alpha rules set.
    DA starts with everything on the table. DE opts to start with 2 web way portal squads, Dark Lance squad and Wych Raider w/ 12" Asslt drug roll on the table. HQs (in Raider), 2 Wych squads(in Raiders), 2 Warp beast packs, Reaver Squad and Ravager are in reserve.

Forces at setup
    DA
    Whirlwind
    Assault Sqd
    3X Tac Sqd
    3X Landspeeders
    Dev sqd
    2 X Dreds

DE.
    2X Warrior Sqd (WWP)
    DL Sqd
    Wych Raider

Turn 1
    DA (first turn) Asslt squad, Dreads, Speeders and Tac Sqds move forward. Whirlwind fires and scatters. Speeders shoot warrior squad on right and kill 3. Dreds shoot squad on left killing 4. Dev squad shoots DL sqd killing 1.
    DE. Warrior squad on left moves forward to fire on Asslt sqd. No kills. DL sqd fires and kills one Dred. Warrior sqd on right deploys WWP and fires on Speeders. One killed one weapon destroyed and stunnded. Wych Raider moves forward, Wyches disembark FoF and assualt Dev Sqd killing all but two.
    Turn 2
    DA. Asslt squad moves forward and assaults warrior squad. Dred moves forward, shoots and kills empty Wych Raider. Tac squads move forward. Speeder fires on warrior squad killing 3. Whirlwind again scatters for no effect. Dev squad killed in HtH and Wyches consolidate toward Whirlwind.
    DE. Both Warpbeast packs, Reavers and Ravager make reserve rolls. Both packs assault Tac Sqd, 4 DA killed 2 WB killed. Ravager and DL sqd kill last Dred. Reavers kill last speeders. DA assault Sqd finishes off Warrior Sqd and consilidates into DL sqd. Wyches FoF and assualt rear of Whirlwind with Haywire Grenades.
    Turn 3
    DA. Assault Sqd kills 4 DE warriors. Ld check made. Tac sqd kills 2 more WB but looses 4 more troops. Other Tac sqds move to support.
    DE. Hqs and 2 Wych sqds make reserve rolls. Hqs and one sqd assault Tac sqd and massacre it. Other Wych sqd supports WB. 3 Raiders fire disintegrators on remaining DA Tac sqd killing all.
    Turn 4. With only the assault squad remaining on the board DA concedes game.

What worked. 12" Drug roll on 1 Wych squad allowed it to get into HtH on turn 1 with Dev squad negating ranged heavy weapons. WWPs allowed fragile Raiders to stay alive to deliver Wyches into HtH. Multiple Warp Beast Packs assaulting a single squad.

What didn't work. Moving 1 WWP squad forward in the open (OK Dark Eldar 101 here). Thought 13 Splinter rifles, 2 Splinter Cannons and 2 Blasters would at least hurt the assault squad. Didn't get a single kill.

Last edited by ollieb; April 25th, 2005 at 20:17.
    Looking for a compliment here is like looking for a girlfriend in a cemetary. You know you probably won't like what you dig up, but you'll take it anyway.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dont double post.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    225 (x6)

Thanks Ollieb for the bat rep. I find bat reps very helpful and I appreciate your time in writing all that.

Questions I have are about the two WWP squads.

I read that one squad deployed first turn AND "fires on speeders". I thought you can't move or shoot when deploying the portal - obviously the squad didn't move but how can you shoot? I think you can assault after deployment since the portal opens during the shooting phase. Also, just curious about placement, did you put that squad on the forward edge of your deployment zone?

Second question is: What happened to the 2nd portal? I am guessing that it was never set because you got assaulted. It seemed as though your opponent was trying VERY hard to pin your WWP squads with the fast speeders and the 2nd turn assault from his tac squad. Am I right?

Last question, I take it the Haywire grenades successfully blew up the Whirlwind right? What were the dice rolls? Now I am trying to remember if the entire squad had haywires or just the succubus...?

Thanks and I cant wait for the other two reports:yes:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sniper squad

Wow your sniper squad really came through. I field two but you one squad did it's job. Did your enemy know what they were? Nice work. Great Report!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    86 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by KwiKwag
    Thanks Ollieb for the bat rep. I find bat reps very helpful and I appreciate your time in writing all that.

Questions I have are about the two WWP squads.

I read that one squad deployed first turn AND "fires on speeders". I thought you can't move or shoot when deploying the portal - obviously the squad didn't move but how can you shoot? I think you can assault after deployment since the portal opens during the shooting phase. Also, just curious about placement, did you put that squad on the forward edge of your deployment zone?

Second question is: What happened to the 2nd portal? I am guessing that it was never set because you got assaulted. It seemed as though your opponent was trying VERY hard to pin your WWP squads with the fast speeders and the 2nd turn assault from his tac squad. Am I right?

Last question, I take it the Haywire grenades successfully blew up the Whirlwind right? What were the dice rolls? Now I am trying to remember if the entire squad had haywires or just the succubus...?

Thanks and I cant wait for the other two reports:yes:
    On question one:
    This is a bit hazy to most players. Only the WWP bearer may not shoot if he decided to deploy the WWP. Obviously, if one member of the squad moves, the entire squad counts as moving, so you can't move anyone, but the rest of the squad may still shoot if the Sybarite lays down the WWP. Think of it in similar vein to a heavy weapon in the squad.

On the last question:
    It's highly improbable that a whirlwind would survive a Haywire Grenade volley if the whole squad is equipped with them. whirlwinds tend to not move, so that means auto hits. And thanks to the rules for Haywire Grenades, getting glancing and penning hits is easy.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    225 (x6)

Quote Originally Posted by MobiusPrime
    On question one:
    This is a bit hazy to most players. Only the WWP bearer may not shoot if he decided to deploy the WWP. Obviously, if one member of the squad moves, the entire squad counts as moving, so you can't move anyone, but the rest of the squad may still shoot if the Sybarite lays down the WWP. Think of it in similar vein to a heavy weapon in the squad.
    Thanks for your reply and forgive me for asking further

Since one can't move unless the whole squad moves - wouldn't the same be said about firing? Hard for me (me being new and trying to apply the rules appropriately) to think that this is the exception. The codex says the model carrying it may not move or shoot but if the model is part of a unit then I would figure that all the models in the unit may not move or shoot. Which is why I thought giving the portal to the Haemoculus would be a better idea since he can separate from the unit.

Hmmm...it just doesn't sound right if nobody can move but everyone can shoot (but the wwp deployer).

Is there any other evidence that states this exception other than reading between the lines?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    77 (x3)

Good battle report! Nice job on your win and good luck on your next battle!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

reading it from the codes heres what i get....

it says activated by model carrying it in the shooting phase, moving OR shooting"

I understand you can mvoe your squad that turn and deploy in shooting phase. Now it clearly also says MODEL, not unit, so the all but the carrier can shoot.

If it said AND(not or) then cant move and must stand still
    If it said UNIT(not model) then whole unit couldnt shoot.

altho...i do hear there is an updated codex....mebe it ahs changed(i got old one)

+ Reply to Thread