Tau&daemonhunters Vs. Lost And The Damned X2 - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, that was as it sounded.

The game itself didn't really have a point limit, as long as we didn't go super overboard with units. Pretty big table too.

Anyways, each enemy gets a greater daemon. This is kill the daemon, and destroy the artifact vs knock them below half strength.

Tau took I think 2 squads of stealth suits, 2 squads of 3 broadsides each, and a whole hell of a lot of firewarriors. AND 4 squds of three rangers with RAIL RIFLES! Ethereal x2 for HQs.

Me (daemonhunters) take overlying theme. Grey knights. Two purgations squads filled with psycannons, three units of five with incinerator GKs on fast attack. Two squads of termies at 5 each of teleport. About 5 units of ten each grey knights on table along with Grandmaster at maxed out retinue sized, with the termies holocausted out.

One traitor team took a pair of defilers (much pain for us) and he's not telling me the rest as I type this into Word.

Second traitor isn't allowing anything to be said.

Strategies:
    GK: Well, I'm gonna be tossing myself out as a mobile shield for the firewarriors, since he'll bite it faster than my GKs. We're gonna try to focus on one side, then teleport and run in with the rangers to open up a big hole that we can shoot through.

Tau: I think Long Shot summed it up right there.

Traitors 1: Defilers squish. Traitors shoot.

2: Unlike Krug up there, I'm gonna try to hold him up with my traitors so my big mutes and defilers can storm the ethereals.

Turn 1

GK: Oh...my...god. I'm looking at 300 traitors right now. I'm suddenly wishing I'm brought some stormies along. Well, better get right to the point. My main forward line moved forward, and pumped much firepower into them. My purgation squads punched a hole open in traitor 1's left side, and I hope he tries to fill it. No combat this turn. I'm feeling nice. Total casualties? 13 traitors, but those defilers are still about.

Tau: Let's do the math. 300 guardsmen vs about 150 firewarriors. who's the shootiest? Let's find out. And I moved. The stealth squads stalked forward, readying their burst cannons. The rangers said boom bay-bay and moved forward as well before opening up. My number killed? 20.

Traitor 1: Me shoot. I pumped all 170 lasguns into Long shot's disgustingly open grandmaster squad, and emptied my defilers weapons into it as well. I roll...NOOOO! All that fire took down 1!!!!!! terminator. He's cheating, that's how he's getting such good rolls. oh, and i moved forward as well. A small squad plugged that hole in my left. Then i shot. Now I'm wishing I had weighted the dice.

Traitor 2: Um...wow. I'm impressed about how much power those termies soaked up. However, those stealth guys are a wee bit too close. I'll fire the defilers at the termies and then reduce the stealths to mush. I stalked my entire troop forward a couple of inches and said hi in a big way. Bye bye stealth squad. My shooting wiped it out entirely. Nice. Oh, and 6 fire warriors bit it.

Turn 2

GK: my terminators are invincibible. (spelling mistake meant) Well, time for my reserve rolls. And guess what? Nailed the termie squad. Where to drop him, wher to drop him. Ah. Perfect. IN they went, right behind the defiler. They opened up, and....didn't kill it? The rest of my army fired, and removed about an inch from his front. The purgation squad pumped again into the left. The termies slammed into the defiler, and......it is now much scrap metal.

Tau: My pretty pretty stealth suits...Well. Only one vengeance for that. My entire forward line opened up, the remaining stealth squad halted, and the rangers took careful aim. My firewarriors killed 2 traitors. Seeing as I shot with about 40 of them, this isn't very good. Oh well. Rangers aim, fire, and the 2nd defiler was just ripped in half. The broadsides earned their keep as well. They punched an even bigger hole in the left.

Traitor 1: Um...why are they shooting only on the left? Oh well. I'm within charge range, so my front line is going in after some frantic shooting. The GKs intercepted all my charges, and that damn grand master looks pretty smug. Just gotta take down mr shinies before I get him. And...I lost half my charging force in the counterattack. Not the best odds, and without my defilers, I'm toasty. Time for desperate measures. My champion's gonna go for the leadership test and....BOOYAKA! One greater daemon is alive.

Traitor 2: He's cocky now that he's got his greater daemon. Anyways, I've circled around the artifact to guard it, and my big muties are going after that tiny little group of rangers. Oh yah. A chunk of my line went into combat, and a bit held back. The charge against the rangers...damn. 2 inches short.

Turn 3

GK: Oh *****. Greater Daemon. Well, when you gotta do it, you gotta do it. My entire reserve force just dropped onto it. My shooting? The Gks that weren't in combat opened up, and the purgation squad fired more into that left side. One more turn, and the plan will be sprung. Right. My Grand master just fired scourging into the nearest traitor squad, taking out a few, and his retinue accounted for the rest. My GM went into the nearest squad and reduced it to mush.
    Anyways, the teleported people mobbed the daemon, and they took it down. But, I threw ten GK at it, and 10 terminators. Well, I guess I'll head after the artifact now.

Tau: Stealth suits, ATTACK! yah. They opened up on that failed charge unit, and my rangers shot into a defiler. The final shot took it. Luckily. The few firewarriors in close combat got butchered. Not much more. Ooh, and I pumped some power from the broadsides into that damn left flank.

Traitor1: Why is my left so special&#33;? Why are they still shooting at it even though it&#39;s not falling? Well, losing the greater daemon was a kick, so...well. Time for a glorious last stand. I charged my entire army into the tau. And their reaction to it? Shoot. Maybe half of my guys made it, and failde every single attack. >.<

Traitor 2: Damn. My defiler. Well, I&#39;m turning my guns on those fast attackers. Any luck? Yep. 6 gk and 2 termies bit it. My demons pulsed into close combat against the tau. Say hi to my greater daemon for my finishing move.....

Turn 4

GK: Time to spring the trap. My army just emptied dead into the middle, and blew a hole in it. The GM and his dudes finished his foes quite easily. No surprise. Right, My purgation squad just opened up on the artifact and took 3 of five wounds off it. Boo ya. The guys in the middle just fired around them, taking out no less than 30&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; people. That&#39;ll teach them to turn from the light of the emperor. Then, my army just pulsed forward, all going into combat to widen that hole. The teleportees went after the nearest big demon pack, and wiped em out.

Tau: All up to me now. The rangers gunned into the greater daemon, inflicting serious damage onto it, the stealth suits finished off that unit if biggies, and watched as the fire warriors that weren&#39;t in it took aim at the hole, shooting up those guys that weren&#39;t in close combat to hold it open. The broadsides now. This is only a five turn game, so it all comes down to my role. First broadside missed. Second fired. Hit....TOOK IT DOWN&#33;&#33; W00T&#33;&#33;&#33; (oh the drama)

Traitor 1: I have maybe 10 traitors left. I would run, but the GKs would chop &#39;em down. So...to the death. Which it was with my rolls...I must compliment those other two guys on their dancing skills. They really suck. *****s.

Traitor 2: One wound left on a greater daemon, a heavily wounded force, objective gone...right. Um...my greater daemon managed to charge the grand master. It died pretty dern fast.

Conclusion:
    GK: Well, damn. We pulled it off. Man of the game goes to my teleport squads. damn man. They took down an entire greater daemon on their own. The purgation squads did quite nicely, I must say. My only regret? I didn&#39;t have enough ordanance template weapons. So many more traitors would&#39;ve gone down if I&#39;d brought some. But, I can&#39;t complain. We pulled it off nicely. PRAISE THE EMPEROR&#33;

Tau: I am now going to put these dice in a showcase. How often do rail rifles take so many defilers down? The loss of my stealth suits was harsh, and I kind of wish more FW had been alive at the end. But, those broadsides own it. Took the game. Some credit should go to out fellow GK player, who held the formation open long enough.

Traitor 1: I am the weak link. I never thought that he was making that hole, so I&#39;d close it and thin my lines. That final turn just ached. Losing my defilers and Daemon so fast didn&#39;t encourage me much either. And the dice were against me for the entire game. Worship the chaos gods men, we&#39;re going for a rematch.

Traitor 2: That was a blast of a game. It could&#39;ve gone better, but those Tau just....ER&#33; They nibbled me down, so those damn ordo malleus could waste my force from the inside. Still, it was one of the best games I&#39;ve ever played. But, next time....oh their souls will go to Khorne...

If a tree falls in the forest, and it lands on a mime, does anyone care?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sounds like it was a fun battle. Thanks for the report.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

very cunning plan, didn&#39;t see that coming&#33;
    Apathy is the greatest enemy of all.

=0_o=

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ya that was an excellent game from the looks of it. Congrats on the great plan and win. Good game.
    Current Army
    Ultramarines

Closed Thread