Ultramarines Vs Slanesh Chaos Marines [1000pts] - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ultramarines Vs Slanesh Chaos Marines [1000pts]

This was a 1000pt battle I fought today against a member of GW at my local store. His army was a very shooty veteran Slanesh army whilst mine was the Ultramarines from the Second Company!

His Army:
    Slanesh Lord
    2 Squads of Marines with all sorts of weird weapons. These had the infiltrate skill
    Squad of Havocs with Tank Hunter Skill
    Another Squad of Marines with weird Slanesh weapons
    6 Daemonettes
    *All marines were equipped with Slanesh weapons, no boltguns

My Army:
    MoS Chaplain
    Tactical Squad in Rhino
    Tactical Squad with Lascannon
    Devastator Squad (2HB, 2ML)
    Assault Squad
    Scout Squad
    Dreadnought (LC and ML)

Deployment:
    He deployed his army on the table edge with more cover since his plan was simply to shoot the hell out of my marines. We rolled a 2 and the mission was Take and Hold. One table edge had more cover but the objective tokens (4) were closer to the other side (my side).

Everything was deployed normally; my guys were pretty much bunched up behind my only cover. The Lascannon tactical and dreadnought took the left cover, while the rest of my army took the centre cover. I mistakenly deployed the dread within Los to the havoc squad because the Slanesh marines all looked the same to me. When it came to deploying his two infiltrating he put one covering an objective token on the right. Then I deployed my scouts to the left of the table. His last squad he deployed behind some bushes but had perfect LoS to my scouts. I wasn’t too happy with that but couldn’t do much. He rolled and went first.

Turn 1

There was no movement. He proceeded to open fire on my scout squad killing four scouts. His second infiltrating squad had LoS to my rhino. He managed a penetrating hit followed by a weapon destroyed. The tactical squad jumped out of the rhino. The Havoc squad made a pitiful attempt to blow my dreadnought but failed.

My dreadnought moved right in an attempt to avoid the havoc squad. The two remaining scouts jumped in to the ruin structure they were using for cover and the tactical squad jumped back into rhino. I moved the rhino full ahead hoping that it would survive the inevitable. My deployment of devastators was terrible so nothing to shoots at. The dread tried and failed to hit the chaos marines close to the scouts. The scout with a boltpistol managed to shoot one slanesh marine.

Losses: 4 Scouts, 1 Slanesh marine

Turn 2

With the rhino so close and such a sweet target he moved the centre infiltrating squad into the bushes. The slanesh marines facing my scouts moved forward and after such poor dice rolls he managed to kill one scout J. In the rest of the shooting phase, his other infiltrating squad managed to blow the rhino up and four marines were killed before they could get out. With the rhino chassis as cover, the marines were protected from the centre infiltrating squad although they could not do anything being entangled. His havoc squad had LoS to my lascannon tactical and killed a single marine.

With a sigh of relief I began my turn. I moved the assault squad and MoS over the cover and placed them in front of the centre infiltrating squad. The Dreadnought moved back a bit. The lone HB scout failed to kill despite being in point blank range. The assault squad managed a single kill before they piled in for the assault phase. The dreadnought failed to kill. In the assault phase he killed off two assault marines whilst I managed only 3 kills (PF missed all attacks L).

Losses: 1 scout 2 assault marine and 5 marines, 4 Slanesh Marines

Turn 3

He rolled for the daemonettes and they arrived on the right side almost going off the table. The Slanesh lord, which was with the havoc squad, broke off and moved towards the assault squad realising that he would lose the combat with the MoS. The Slanesh squad on the left advanced into the ruins to deal with the scout and the havoc squad moved back a bit. The right side infiltrating squad opened fire on the tactical squad, which was entangled. He managed to kill three marines. The havoc squad had LoS to the dreadnought but failed once again to destroy it. The dread would not be able to move of shoot for a turn. In the assault phase he managed to kill another marine whilst I killed one slanesh marine in return. Miraculously he failed to kill the lone scout J.

With the dreadnought stunned (???) I moved the devastators behind it so next turn when the dread moved they would be able to shoot. The tactical squad was now able to move and I pushed them forward towards the daemonettes. Knowing that assaulting the daemonettes would lead to dead marines I rapid fired including the plasmagun. Three daemonettes were killed. In the assault phase, I managed to kill the remaining slanesh marine. The assault squad and Mos held their position. The lone scout finally succumbed and was brutally killed

Losses: 3 Marines 1 Assault Marine 1 scout, 2 Slanesh marines 3 daemonettes

Turn 4

He moved his lord forward ready to charge my assault squad. The daemonettes ignored the three last tactical squad marines and headed straight for my assault squad. The havoc squad moved forward so they could see the devastator squad. The devastator squad lost two marines from the combined shooting from the havocs and the squad in the ruins. The right side infiltrating squad had another poor round of firing, killing only one marine. The Slanesh Lord charged into combat with the assault squad and killed 2 assault marines. In return I managed to deal only 1 wound to the lord.
    For some reason I moved the lascannon squad forward while the dread moved away so the devastators had a better shot. The rhino tactical squad moved forward ready to rapid fire into the right side infiltrating squad. My shooting was pretty effective this round, killing all the marines in the ruins from combined fire. The rhino tactical squad (2 marines) managed to kill three, which I was very happy. The assault went my way and I killed the lord with no damage to my own.

Losses: 2 Assault Marines 3 marines, 8 Slanesh Marines 1 Chaos Lord/Lieutenant (?)

Turn 5

With the game almost about to end and his forces dwindling he moved his remaining havocs towards the left hand objective. His daemonettes moved to assault the chaplain and the right side infiltrating squad moved towards rhino tactical squad. His havocs were having a bad day and it didn’t get better for them killing a single marine. In the assault phase he wiped out the last two marines. His daemonettes managed to wound the chaplain and in return he killed a single daemonette.

It was my turn to have bad luck with shooting and I failed to kill any of the havocs. In the assault phase I killed the last 2 daemonettes.

Losses: 3 Marines, 3 Daemonettes

Turn 6

He had basically lost the game at this point. He moved the havocs to the left objective. The other remaining right side squad moved forward. His havocs managed another kill.

I moved the MoS right in front of the right hand squad. The shooting resulted in over kill as the dreadnought and devastators wiped out the havocs. The MoS assaulted the slanesh squad. The three slanesh marines were killed but dealt one wound to the MoS killing him.

Losses: 1 Marine 1 MoS, 8 Slanesh Marines

With a single objective out of four in my control, I won the game.

VICTORY TO THE ULTRAMARINES

This is my first win out of 2 games i have played.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    104 (x4)

Good Victory! I don't think your opponent had enough models. I think the list was pretty well balanced, though I would substitute the scouts for more Assault marines.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

chaos failed me...well i say the same as the last guy;you should subsitute the scout for assault marines.now,whoever made the chaos list must be drunk:havocs must be the worst heavy support.he should have dropped the havoca and a squad of marines for a predator and some raptors.other than the poor list for chaos(yours was good)it was not half bad.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[QOUTE] This is my first win out of 2 games i have played.[/QUOTE]

Youre second game and you defeated a GM Staff member?
    Either really lucky or that Gm is really dumb.

Good report neway :shifty:
    Relictors
    W/L/D - 16/1/3

H00ray for big newb battles!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

damn i hate it when smurfs win i prefer the battle reports where they get pasted. that sed yours isn't so bad and it did come down to the wire so i will do somthing that probably won't happen again for about another year, congratulations on a good game.

also a sp congrats that i give to anybody who beats a gw member especially on their 3rd game seriously nice.
    "take my love, take my land, take me to where i cannot stand, i don't care i'm still free you can't take the sky from meee" ;- firefly

"i'm gonna grant you your greatest wish i'm gonna show you a world without sin" ;- serentiy

"I am a leaf on the wind, watch how i soar" ;- serenity

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    77 (x3)

havocs must be the worst heavy support
    I have to disagree. It matters who your facing, the game, the terrain, and basically what happens. Havocs can sometimes be more durable then a tank and dish out more firepower and there's worse heavy support choices in other armies. Just my opinion though.

Ben

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    41 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by Fists_Of_Midas

Youre second game and you defeated a GM Staff member?
    Either really lucky or that Gm is really dumb.

Good report neway :shifty:
    GW staff=human, human=capable of losing:yes:

Anyway sounds like it was a great game. Congrats on your victory!:yes:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    411 (x8)

In this case, good victory, but the staffer seems not particularly good, in 1000 points you need to do one thing well, if he wanted tyo ourshoot you, whay was he assaulting? why bother with demonettes? When he did assault it wasnt co-ordinated well enough, allowing you to deal with the lord, then the demonettes rather than both hitting at the same time

Dont let that take anything away from you though, well played
    Everything you have been told is a lie!

+ Reply to Thread