IG vs. Space Marines - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IG vs. Space Marines

I was guard, he was marine, and frankly I believe he was cheating grossly. I think he took 3 chapter advantages but I could be mistaken.

Marine Army:
    No Mercy, No Respite
    Trust in your Battlebrothers
    Disadvantages: None apparently.

-Terminator Commander w/ Counter attack, Furious Charge, Terminator Armor, Master-crafted Storm Bolter&Powerfist
    -8 Terminators: Counter Attack, Furious Charge, 2 Lightning Claws, 2 Assault Cannons&Powerfist, 3 w/ Stormbolter&Powerfist, Terminator Sergeant w/ Stormbolter &Powersword
    -Captain w/ Counterattack, Furious Charge, Jump pack, Power Sword&Plasma Pistol.
    -4 Assault Marines w/ Counterattack&Furious Charge
    -10 Tac Marines with True Grit&Counterattack. Plasma Cannon & Plasma Gun
    -10 Tac Marines with True Grit&Counterattack. Heavy Bolter&Plasma Gun
    -5 man Devestator Squad with 3 Missile Launchers&Lascannon.
    -Predator w/ TL Lascannon&Heavy Bolters&HK missile.
    -Land Speeder with Assault Cannon&Heavy Bolter

Guard Army:
    Doctrines: Drop Troops, Grenadiers, Special Weapon Squads, CoD.
    -Command HQ w/ HSO, Commissar, Master-vox&3 GLs.
    -2 Special Weapon Squads, both w/ dual flamer and Demo Charge.
    -2-man Sentinel Squad

8-man Hardened veteran squad w/ Veteran w/ Honorifica Imperialis, Plasma Pistol, Carapace&Power Weapon, 3 veterans w/ Meltagun, the rest w/ Shotgun, 1 Vox-caster.

10-man Stormtrooper Squad with Chimera & 2 Grenade Launchers & Voxcaster. Chimera had 2 Heavy Bolters.
    10-man Stormtrooper Squad with 2 Plasma Rifles&Voxcaster.
    6-man Scout Squad, with 3 Snipers and a Heavy Bolter

Infantry Platoon consisting of 3 squads of Missile Launcher, Grenade Launcher&Voxcaster, a Command Squad with a Power-fist equipped JO, and a remnant squad with a Voxcaster&GL.

Leman Russ with improved Comms.

Terrain: 48x96 board, with 6 turns for Guard to take and hold as many of 5 buildings as possible.

----------------------------------------------------------------
    .......................................................................R555 5
    .......................................................................R555 5
    ........................1111.........2222........................R5555
    RRRRRRRRRRRR1111.........2222........................R.......
    ......................R1111.........2222........................R.......
    ......................RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR..
    ----------------------------------------------------------------

The Marine fortifies building 3 with a Tac and devestator squad and his Predator, building 2 with a tac squad, 1 with a scout squad, and leaves his Assault squad an Speeder in reserve.

I deploy away from him, with my Grenadiers, Sentinels, Chimera&Russ. Everything else deep-strikes.

Turn 1: The Marine went first, and he opens fire with his devestators, shaking my Leman Russ. He kills 3 stormtroopers in a squad with his scouts. I take a Leadership Test (LD 10 thanks to Master-vox) and pass.
    I then go, and move my russ out of range. I then slowly focus NW of his scouts and open fire with 2 multilasers, 2 Krak Grenades& 2 heavy bolters, killing all but 2. He passes his check.
    Turn 2: He fires his frag missiles at a stormtrooper squad, killing 6. I got suspicious, so we remeasure and notice he was 12 inches out of range. He gives my squad back, but this was the first infraction. From then, he kept premeasuring as if though he had targeters...So he fired at my stormtroopers again and did nothing.
    I then fire everything else and kill his scouts. I shoot my Battlecannon at his devestators, but he claims a 3+ cover and loses only one guy, his bolt-pistol sergeant.
    Turn 3: He does nothing but rolls reserves and moves his predator and Terminators foward. I fire a battlecannon shot, shaking the predator, while moving my guys foward.
    Turn 4: He retreats his predator and advances terminators. I deep strike 2 demo squads into play, one on building 2, the other scattering from building 2 into the open. The first demo squad does nothing, as it only wounded one tac marine in the building and he had a 3+ cover. The one on the building 2 rooftop wounded the entire devestator squad, but he claimed there was a 3+ cover, even though the terrain was obviously clear. He passed all his saves but one, losing a marine. I forgot to fire my leman russ, but he said "Sorry, you can't this turn. You forgot" :mad:
    Turn 5: His speeder comes in. He takes his bolters on his devestators (apparently, they all had bolters AND heavy weapons) and tac marines and shoots my demo squads. He advances his predator and terminator. I deepstrike the command and remnant into building 1, 1 squad to building 4, and 2 squads into building 5. All my hardened veteran multimeltas hit, and penetrate, but they all crew shaken. A Grenade Launcher shoots at a speeder and destroys it's assault cannon.
    Turn 6: He moves his terminators just into building 1, but only fits 2 in. He reserves his assault marines, who wipe the floor with building 4, and all the firepower in the world only manages to kill 4 guys in building 5. He only kills 3 guys in building one to shooting, who pass their check.
    I DS my veterans into the flank of my opponent's predator, and meltagun it, scoring 3 penetratings, but only shaking it. I then finish it off with a krak missile from building 4, but he rolls a 6 on explosion, killing all but 3 of my vets.
    Building one guard fire 16 lasgun shots (rapid fire range), 2 Krak Grenade shots, and 2 Storm Bolter Shots, forcing him to take 4 saves. Due to LOS, he loses an assault cannon terminator (first time he ever did) and his captain.

Stalemate:
    Guard: 2 buildings owned.
    Marines: 2 buildings owned.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    43 (x2)

Ok, I don't know much about SM chapter traits so I can't help you on that one.

Guard Army:
    -Command HQ w/ HSO, Commissar, Master-vox&3 GLs.
    -2-man Sentinel Squad

8-man Hardened veteran squad w/ Veteran w/ Honorifica Imperialis, Plasma Pistol, Carapace&Power Weapon, 3 veterans w/ Meltagun, the rest w/ Shotgun, 1 Vox-caster.

10-man Stormtrooper Squad with Chimera & 2 Grenade Launchers & Voxcaster. Chimera had 2 Heavy Bolters.
    6-man Scout Squad, with 3 Snipers and a Heavy Bolter

Infantry Platoon consisting of 3 squads of Missile Launcher, Grenade Launcher&Voxcaster, a Command Squad with a Power-fist equipped JO, and a remnant squad with a Voxcaster&GL.

Ok, everything I've made bold above confuses me.

1) Since when could IG take scouts??
    2) I believe you need 2 troop choices for a game,

Also, you failed to mention how many points the battle was.
    And from now on could you please post your army list in a more clear fashion?

Like this:

HQ
    -JO: Honorifica, Bolt Pistol, Power Sword...etc

Elites
    -Sorm Trooper Squad: Vet Sarg, 2 Plams etc...

It makes the reading alot easier.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gandhi
    Ok, I don't know much about SM chapter traits so I can't help you on that one.

Ok, everything I've made bold above confuses me.

1) Since when could IG take scouts??
    2) I believe you need 2 troop choices for a game,

Also, you failed to mention how many points the battle was.
    And from now on could you please post your army list in a more clear fashion?

Like this:

HQ
    -JO: Honorifica, Bolt Pistol, Power Sword...etc

Elites
    -Sorm Trooper Squad: Vet Sarg, 2 Plams etc...

It makes the reading alot easier.
    the grenadires (sp?) count has his troops
    Which Halo character are you?
    Sgt. Johnson

You talk alot, you don't do much, but at times you can be invaluable.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    43 (x2)

This is why he should have posted his list to be a bit more understandable...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    99 (x5)

Well he was cheating but not in the way you think, that terminator squad was illegal, he mixxed assault and normal terminators together. That used to be legal for Deathwing but not any longer.

I hope by "captain" above the Assault Marines you actualy mean the squads veteran sargeant orthe squad is below the minimum unit size.

Frag Missiles have a long range, to be out by 12" would mean a table at least 60" plus he didnt deploy right at the back of his deployment zone.

A building should not give a 3+ cover save thats what bunkers do, a normal building would be 4+.

You can clain cover from things you are in or directly behind if there was a wall infront of you and you were attacked from behind you wouldnt get a cover save.

Devastators he was cheating with, they have thier heavy weapon not a bolter squirreled away somewhere as well.
    Every time you read this sig: a fairie dies!

I'm the all-singing all-dancing crap of this world. I'm the toxic waste by-product of Gods creation.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    60 (x3)

Ok...
    1. In a devestator Sqd the models with heavy weapons do not have a heavy and a bloter only a heavy.
    2. No building gives 3+ cover save in a normal game. Only when playing with bunkers ex. bunker assault mission). Bunkers which of course can be targeted and destroyed.
    3. He is supposed to declare the shot THEN measure range.
    4. If you forgot to fire your russ then that's too bad. You forgot but it's really up to him whether to let you.
    5. Why did you continue to let him do these things if you knew he was wrong?

Better luck next time. :cool:

"My father is the jailhouse. My father is your system....
    I am only what you made me. I am only a reflection of you"
    -Charles Manson

Fluff Masters Clan Leader
    Super Villians
    Order of the Shadowy Flame
    Votewar! Check It Out!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry for dyslexia. Here's the army lists.

Marine Army:
    No Mercy, No Respite

HQ: Terminator Commander w/ Counter attack, Furious Charge, Terminator Armor, MC Storm Bolter& MCPowerfist. Attached to Terminators.
    Elites: 8 Terminators: Counter Attack, Furious Charge, 2 Lightning Claws, 2 Assault Cannons&Powerfist, 3 w/ Stormbolter&Powerfist, Terminator Sergeant w/ Stormbolter &Powersword
    HQ: Captain w/ Counterattack, Furious Charge, Jump pack, Power Sword&Plasma Pistol. Attached to Assault Marines.
    Fast Attack: 4 Assault Marines w/ Counterattack&Furious Charge
    Troops:10 Tac Marines with True Grit&Counterattack. Plasma Cannon & Plasma Gun
    Troops:10 Tac Marines with True Grit&Counterattack. Heavy Bolter&Plasma Gun
    Troops:6 Scouts, w/ 3 Sniper Rifles&Heavy Bolter
    Heavy Support:5 man Devestator Squad with 3 Missile Launchers&Lascannon.
    Heavy Supportredator w/ TL Lascannon&Heavy Bolters&HK missile.
    Fast Attack:Land Speeder with Assault Cannon&Heavy Bolter
    So I don't think he was fulfilling minimum squad size w/ the assault squad either.

Guard Army:

Command HQ Squad w/ 1 Vox-caster&3 Grenade Launchers
    -HSO w/ Storm Bolter,Bionics&Trademark Item
    -Commissar w/ Storm Bolter
    -2-man Sentinel Squad

8-man Hardened veteran squad w 3 veterans w/ Meltagun, 4 shotguns, 1 Vox-caster
    -Veteran Sergeant w/ Plasma Pistol, Power Weapon, Carapace&Honorifica Imperialis.

10-man Grenadier Squad w/ 2 Grenade Launchers & Voxcaster
    -Chimera w/ 2 Heavy Bolters.
    10-man Grenadier Squad with 2 Plasma Rifles&Voxcaster.
    10-man Grenadier Squad with 2 Plasma Rifles&Voxcaster.

Infantry Platoon
    -Command squad w/ Power Sword JO.
    -10 man squad w/ Missile Launcher, Grenade Launcher&Voxcaster.
    -6 man squad w/ Grenade Launcher&Voxcaster.

The map was 48x96, with us playing long ends. So he was about 60 out. This gave the russ a minor advantage in being able to shell him, but w/ 3+ cover, this meant the damage it inflicted was minimal save for shaking the predator who was trying to sneak up on my sentinels.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    450 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by MagicJuggler
    No Mercy, No Respite
    Illegality sense.. tingling.

He's taken two advantages from two different traits, so he needs to take one major and one minor drawback.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    99 (x5)

The Terminators and Assault Marines were deffinatly illegal units.

I feel sorry for anyone who has to play people like this was he noob or just thick?
    Every time you read this sig: a fairie dies!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am guessing something of both. Some stuff he tried pulling on me included I got one Weapon Destroyed on the predator, and he said that the defender chooses the weapon and that he wanted to take the hit on the now missing Hunter Killer Missile. I said "No" for attacker chooses the weapon.

Despite this, I still managed a draw. I owned 2 buildings, contested another, and he owned 2. Considering everything he pulled on me, that is still saying something.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast