Dark Angels vs Imperial Guard 1600 pts (semi long) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dark Angels vs Imperial Guard 1600 pts (semi long)

Battle Report Dark Angels vs. Imperial Guard 1600pts (Master Belial vs. Commissar Cragg)

The scenario played was Sabotage on a 6 x 4 table
    The Dark Angels were attacker and the Imperial Guard were defender
    The object we fought over was a power station, close to a Imperial landing pad.

Commissar Cragg deployed all his troops and his HQ on the board, and placed his sentries as close to the short edges equally on both sides of the battlefield.
    After some serious consideration, I decided to attack from the east deploying only my Devastators and 2 small squads of Scouts in the NE corner. I choose this side because of the cover of a large forest.
    The sentries sounded the alarm pretty quick, so I lost the element of surprise and the plan I had made during setup was a failure.

The Battle lasted for 4(5) turns, taking us about 4 hours of game play

Note:
    This Battle Report does not describe every single casualty only the ones we thought worth mentioning and the ones that were relevant for the scenario.

Dark Angels Army List

HQ

Interrogator-Chaplain Luca (1), Crozius Arcanum, Rosarius, Melta Bombs, Bike

Elite

Dreadnought, CC Weapon, Heavy Flamer, Twin Heavy Bolters, Smoke Launchers, Extra Armour

Troop

Scout Squad Alpha (5), Sniper Rifle (x4), Sgt w/ Bolt Pistol & CC Weapon

Scout Squad Bravo (5), Sniper Rifle (x4), Sgt w/ Bolt Pistol & CC Weapon

Tactical Squad Alpha (10), Bolter (x7), Heavy Bolter (x1), Flamer (x1), Vet. Sgt w/ Bolt Pistol & Power Weapon, Rhino w/ Smoke Launchers

Tactical Squad Bravo (10), Bolter (x7), Heavy Bolter (x1), Flamer (x1), Vet. Sgt w/ Bolt Pistol & Power Weapon, Rhino w/ Smoke Launchers

Fast Attack

Ravenwing Bike Squadron (5) Bolt Pistol (x1), Flamer (x1), Meltagun (x1), Attack Bike w/ Heavy Bolter, Vet Sgt w/ Power Weapon & Melta Bombs

Ravenwing Land Speeder Squadron Alpha (2) Assault Cannon (x1), Heavy Bolter (x2)

Ravenwing Land Speeder Squadron Bravo (1) Multi-Melta (x1)

Heavy Support

Devastator Squad (10) Bolter (x5), Heavy Bolter (x2), Missile Launcher (x2), Sgt w/ Bolter

Imperial Guard Army List

HQ

Command Platoon
    Captain w/ Power Fist & Bolter, Carapace Armour
    Command Section (4) Lasgun (x3); Meltagun (x1)
    Sentinels (2), Multilaser (2), Hunter-Killer Missile (2)
    Fire Support Squad (6) Lasgun, Heavy Bolter (x3)
    Commissar (1) CC Weapon (x1), Power Fist (x1)

Elite

Storm Troopers (10) Hellgun (x6), Hellpistol & CCW (x1), Grenade Launcher (x1), Plasma Gun (x1), Frag Grenades, Vet Sgt w/ Plasma Pistol (x1), Bolter, Frag Grenades, Carapace Armour, Targeter. Chimera w/ Turret Multilaser, Hull Heavy Bolter, Smoke Launcher, Pintle Storm Bolter

Troop

Infantry Platoon Alpha
    Lieutenant (1) CC Weapon (x1), Plasma Pistol (x1)
    Command Section (4) Lasgun (x2); Flamer (x1), Meltagun (x1)
    PL A Sqd 1 (10) Lasgun (x7), Autocannon (x1), Plasma Gun (x1), Sgt w/ Laspistol & CC Weapon
    PL A Sqd 2 (10) Lasgun (x7), Autocannon (x1), Plasma Gun (x1), Sgt w/ Laspistol & CC Weapon
    PL A Sqd 3 (10) Lasgun (x7), Autocannon (x1), Grenade Launcher (x1), Sgt w/ Laspistol & CC Weapon
    Commissar (1) Plasma Pistol (x1), Power Weapon (x1)

Infantry Platoon Bravo
    Lieutenant (1) Bolt Pistol (x1), CC Weapon (x1)
    Command Section (4) Lasgun (x3), Meltagun (x1)
    PL B Sqd 1 (10) Lasgun (x7), Lascannon (x1), Meltagun (x1), Sgt w/ Laspistol & CC Weapon
    PL B Sqd 2 (10) Lasgun (x7), Lascannon (x1), Flamer (x1), Sgt w/ Laspistol & CC Weapon
    PL B Sqd 3 (10) Lasgun (x7), Lascannon (x1), Flamer (x1), Sgt w/ Laspistol & CC Weapon

Heavy Support

Leman Russ Battle Tank A, Turret Battle Cannon, Hull Lascannon, Sponson Heavy Bolters, Smoke Launchers

Leman Russ Battle Tank B, Turret Battle Cannon, Hull Lascannon, Sponson Heavy Bolters, Smoke Launchers

Turn 1 Dark Angels

Not much happened this turn, the scouts moved towards the edge of the forest in the direction of the objective, and the Devastators moved into position at the south west edge of the same forest.

Turn 1 Imperial Guard

The Imperial Guard with few targets to shoot at, manages to kill one DA scout

Turn 2 Dark Angels

The two Rhinos with the Tactical Teams arrive, as well as Rawenwing Sq Alpha. The Rhinos advance along the northern edge of the forest, while the Landspeeders fly on the south side taking cover behind some trees. The Devastators open fire on the Sentinels destroying them both and causing them to explode, killing quite a few guardsmen in the process. The newly arrived Land Speeders open fire on one of the IG squads and kills 4 men

Turn 2 Imperial Guard

Leman Russ A arrives from the south taking cover behind a stone wall. The Imperial Guard opens fire with all available troops, some firing at the Landspeeders and some at the lead Rhino. They manage to glance them all. Destroying one Landspeeder, destroying one weapon of the other, and destroying the armament on the Rhino

Turn 3 Dark Angels

Chaplain Luca accompanied by the Ravenwing Bikes arrives, charging in from the middle of the east side just south of the NE forest. They are followed by the Dreadnought. The bikes take position besides the damaged Landspeeder. The last Landspeeder arrives and pushes forward along the southern edge of the field, targeting the Leman Russ. The Rhinos continue their advance towards the objective, taking great care not to drive into the fire arc of the Leman Russ. The Devastators open fire and finishes of an entire squadron of IG. The bikes, Chaplain Luca and the Dreadnought follow their battle brothers’ example and destroy another. The Snipers manages to kill two men

Turn 3 Imperial Guard

The Chimera carrying the Stormtroopers arrives from the west closely followed by the last Leman Russ, seeing the grim situation, they are ordered to advance at full speed to try to reach the objective before it is to late. The Imperial Guard at the objective starts to get a little nervous and begin to shift their positions, some taking cover behind the landing pad. Leman Russ A fires at the Bikes, but misses Chaplain Luca and only kills one biker.

Turn 4 Dark Angels

The Rhinos advance the last bit to the objective and deploys the marines close to target. Landspeeder Bravo takes position behind the Leman Russ. The Dreadnought and the bikes advance towards the objective while firing, causing the Heavy Bolter team to fall back. Tactical Squad Alpha assault the objective, a infantry squadron and the Commissar in the Command platoon. Chaplain Luca and his bikers assault the IG Command Section Bravo; the survivors are killed in crossfire. Tactical Squad Bravo, charges the IG on the Landing Pad

Turn 4 Imperial Guard

The Chimera advances and deploy the Stormtroopers, but they are to far away to help their doomed comrades. Leman Russ Bravo fire it’s main gun at the DA Dreadnought, but fails to do anything but scratching its paint. Leman Russ Alpha fire at the Marines not in CC in Tactical Squad Bravo, the gunner misses his mark and the shot deviated toward their own men. The Sergeant from Tactical Squad Bravo is killed; nearly an entire IG squadron is wiped out. The IG by the objective desperately tries to kill the Marines in Tactical Squad Alpha who are nearly finished with setting up the demolition charges, but they fail.

Turn 5 Dark Angels

I don’t bother to do anything as the marines in Tactical Squad Alpha succeeded to destroy the objective, by surviving one round in contact with it.

The Battle ends with decisive victory to the Dark Angels

Master Belial

'But for corruption thou hast made Belial, an angel of hostility. All his dominions are in darkness, and his purpose is to bring about wickedness and guilt. All the spirits that are associated with him are but angels of destruction.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

6 x 4 table
    is that feet?

or inches? otherwise, no wonder why u loose... ;P

Erhmmm.. don't know why Master took the snipers anyway..

but I wonder one thing.. how was the terrain like?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

6 x 4 table
    is that feet?
    Yes it's feet, if it were inches the table would be quite small...

I took the snipers because the mission had the sentry special rule, and sniper fire does not raise the alarm. The plan was to eliminate the sentries so I could get my devastators into a good position before openig fire.

The terrain was placed like this: In the NE there was a low hill with a forest. In the SE the was a high hill. The NW had a low hill with a forest and a ruin. The SW had a low hill with a small buildning. In the sentre was the objective a small powerstation and north of that a Imperial landingpad
    Master Belial

'But for corruption thou hast made Belial, an angel of hostility. All his dominions are in darkness, and his purpose is to bring about wickedness and guilt. All the spirits that are associated with him are but angels of destruction.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what happened to your Scouts?
    You stop mentioning them quickly...
    Could you take some pics from the next battle ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well the scouts didn't perform as expected. As the alarm was raised very quick, I didn't have much use for them.
    Master Belial

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Scous with needle rifles are always good against armies with crap armor and low leadership like guard, as you can pin squads even if you don't kill many of them. My only suggestion would be to add autocannons or heavy bolters to the sniper squads so once the alarm is raised, you can keep inflicting a fair amount of damage (hopefully enough to cause break tests to be taken if pinning tests aren't failed). Scouts with shotguns are also great for blasting through large numbers of guard and the models look really cool. As for guard, I wouldn't be without a demolisher in a defensive mission...those plasma cannons in the sponsons wreak havoc on squads of marines until they wander into demolisher cannon range.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i've also got an unfinished scout squad needing a last member...
    -heavy bolter
    or
    -rocket launcher
    or-can i have anything else?

I know i know... this post belongs in the SM category... :unsure:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    50 (x8)

You can also take an autocannon. It depends on what you want, if all scouts have sniper rifles and you expect to go up against crappy save opponents, I'd take a heavy bolter. If you normally face Sv 3+ opponents the missile launcher might be a better idea.
    Ze titles yez...
    When in doubt,
    Smite.
    <SilverMane> I would trust BID with my life
    <SilverMane> HEIL BID!
    <Adrian-> BiD is Omnipotent; All Knowing, All Powerful!
    <Scary_Troopers> I see you as an optimist, GT. : D

But what of the midgets!?
    =]Front in favour of Moderation of the Harshest kind.[=

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The reason I only took scouts with snipers was to avoid raising the alarm in the beginning of the scenario, normally I use a hvt bolter in the squad
    Master Belial

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I&#39;d still take the big gun and open up with it once the alarm had been raised. Autocannons are pretty good for wrecking light vehicles (sentinels etc.). Missile launchers aren&#39;t half bad either but that conversion is going to be a little more difficult.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast