World Eaters Vs Black Templars 1500pts - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok His Black templars were armed like so

Emperorers Champion, and 10 close combat troops.
    mounted in a land raider crusader variant.

1 chaplain with power fist and rosarious with jump pack.

10 tactical with plasma Cannon

10 tactical with melta gun, sgt with power weapon mounted in Rhino

10 jump pack assault troopers

1 vindicator

1 predator annilator?? version with lascannons all around

Question: now that i think of it this seems like more then 1500pts? anyone a black templar player tell me if it is or not??

My Khorne World Eaters Army

1 Daemon Prince Berserker Glaive, Demaonic Stature, D. Speed, Feel no Pain, Furious Charge, Daemonic Strength

5 Chosen, all upgraded to aspiring champions with: Khorne Chain axes, Daemonic Steeds, Feel no Pain, Furious Charge, talisman of blood

8 Berzerkers K. Chain Axes, Furious Charge Frag and aspiring champ has a melta bomb and Axe of Khorne talisman of blood

8 Berzerkers K Chain Axes, Furious Charge, Frag, aspiring champ with melta bomb and Axe of Khorne talisman of blood

8 Blood Letters

4 Bikers K Chain Axes, Furious Charge, aspiring champ with power weapon and plasma pistol.

1 Defiler indirect fire Reaper Auto, Havoc Missile and Mutated hull.

Ok terrain was rather sweet, a bombed out field with delapitated buildings and barb wire everywhere.

He lined his tanks up from the left with the predator sitting on a hill overlooking the field, rhino with tactical next to predator. The land raider came next with the other rhino and vindicator on the far right side with the one none tank mounted tactical squad setting up in a building overlooking the right side with its plasma cannon and the 10 assault troopers and chaplain bellow them.

I didnt spread my forces out Setting up Directly infront of the Landraider and the Vindicator with a straight field between the two of us so my troops could charge in and rip him to pieces. My left side has one berzerk squad with the bikers next to them. My central force hell bent on the land raider and vindicator consisted of my other squad of 8 zerkers and the Daemon Prince. The Defiler was behind the prince keeping a builing between it and the predator. My right side had my chosen on steeds prepared to meet his assault troops in battle.

Turn 1
    Movement: He won the roll to go first which he took obviosly hoping to drop my one piece of cover fire in turn one. His movement phase consisted of mostly 12' charges with all the transport tanks towards my line witht he assault troopers and chaplain keeping pace.

Shooting phase: The predator lined up on my defiler but I had the benefit of hull down due to the building between the two. In the end he landed a glancing blow and blew off my battle cannon!! the only bloody good weapon on that hunk of junk.

rules question: Does he get to designate which weapon I loose?

His one plasma Cannon in his tactical squad missed my lord, while the crusader land raider opened up on my bikes only managing to drop 1.

Assault Phase: none...yet....

WORLD EATERS!!!

My turn

Movement: Every single one of my units succomed to blood rage!! The combined movements of my blood crazed armies put most of my units dangerously close to getting into H2H on turn 1, including my lord which rolled a wooping 6 charging him a full 12" towards the templars rhino which he was using to screen my lord from his Land Raider.

Shooting: My defiler broken but not out of the fight fired on the assault troopers with his havoc missile launcher and reaper. the reaper was a tad out of range but the havoc hit with both shots getting 4 models, however all were saved.

Assault: My left flank squad of 8 zerkers was only 5" from his forward rhino but had a patch of difficult terrain to charge through, only managing to get a 6" roll, however the aspiring champ with the meltabomb coudlnt set the charge, while the rest of the blood crazed squad hammered to no avail on the rhinos hull. The bikers faired no better under the influnece of blood rage having to charge the land raider, a foe they had no hope of harming.... My lord roared into his right flank rhino but due to it moving over 6" I was unable to roll a single 6 with his umpteen billion attacks.. Finally my Chosen on their daemonic steeds charged 12" towards the Templars jump Pack squad ewith the deadly Chaplain within it but fell a wooping 1" short of their goal!! A disappoitning first round of combat especially for an assaulty army such as this, but I faired far better then I hoped against his shooting phase.

Turn 2
    Black templars
    Movement
    On the right flank his rhino disgoured its assault squad who charged my zerkers who faild to blow up their transport in turn 1. In the center of the battle field the land raider backed up a mere 3" allowing it to open fire on the bikers eliminating 2 more of the so far pathetic fast attackers leaving the aspiring champ all alone. The rhino my lord failed to hit retreated back the 12 inches it had previously charged allowing the vindicator a clean shot on my lord and zerker squad which incinerated 3 of my zerkers. His assault squad and Chaplain finally crossed axes with my mounted chosen. His chaplain with an int 5 and power weapon eradicated 2 of my very expensive mounties right off the bat...not good....however the three remaining chosen made good acount of themselves killing 6 while taking no additional casualties from his slue of attacks (thank god for 3+ armor, tough 5 and feel no pain). The left flank zerker squad did not fair as well taking heavy casualties from his initial shooting and follow up charge which slaughtering 7 of my zerkers which killed only 3 of his assaulters leaving my champ sitting their all alone.

World Eaters

Seeing my left flank about overrun I deemed this as good a time as any to call in my squad of bloodletters from the sole remaining champ. The bloodletters with those devastating power weapons killed all his remaining assaulters taking only one casualty turning a near devastating defeat into a victory! Things were going to get better as my Daemon Prince now had a open lane for the Templar Land raider which he quickly dispatched killing five of the templars riding inside. My two remaining chosen on the right flank were killed off by his chaplain leaving me with but one shot up zerker squad a solo champ, seven blood letters, a damaged defiler and one *****ed off daemon prince with a whole horde of assault troops lead by an emperorers champion gathering around him out of the land raider scrap heap and accompaning rhino.

Turn 3

Black Templars
    No movement on his side and his first action was a full barrage of lascannon fire from his predator at the now exposed bloodletters all of which failed to hit or wound he actually rolled 1's!!! His battered assaulters from the land raider and the tactical squad pouring out of the rhino opened up on the daemon prince and 5 remaining zerkers killing another 2 zerkers and inflicting one wound on my daemon prince, oh he was really *****ed now!!!

Both his squads charged my prince and zerker squads in a impressive pincer move creating a huge melee with 5 assault squaders, 1 Emperors champion, 10 Tactical marines with a sgt with a power fist sandwiching in 1 irate daemon prince and 3 remaining zerkers.

The emperors champion wisely opted to not challenge my prince to a one on one cage match and instead picked on my zerker squads aspiring champion slautering him with his umpteen int 5 attacks. My lord decimated his tactical squad killing 6 marines but leaving the vt sgt witht he power fist to due his worst. However he rolled all 1's to hit!! Praise be to khorne!! My two remaining zerkers took down 3 templars before being cut down.

World Eaters
    My Bloodletters and sol zerker champ wisely moved behind cover fromt he rpedator pushing forward into the titanic melee round my prince. while my only other reamining force, the crippled defiler opened up on his assault squad killing the reamining lot and wounding the chaplain once. In the rumble zone my lord eradicated another 5 templars leaving a dwindling body guard unit around the inadequate emperors champ killing off the 4 remaing tactical squadies and one of the emerpors assault squaders.

Just as turn four was about to begin likely with the demise of my prince as the chaplain and the emperors champion began to tag team him but then the hand of Khorne struck the shop with a 4 square block black out so we had to call a draw!!!

lessons learned: khorne bikers suck, I need some power weapons and other heavy hitting weapons in my army as well as some high int units which was one of his key factors in eradicating most of my zerkers.

oh and my prince rules and made up his points and then some in spades in that battle.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

<:> Yeah, his templar army seems to have way too many units. A land raider, 40 marines a vindicator predator annihalator and the e&#39;s champion, u can&#39;t fit that in 1500 pts.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yea i suspected as much, oh well i feel i did admirably well considering I was outnumbered and outgunned.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thats for sure over 1500 points, you did quite well
    For once I was rooting for Chaos, lol <waits for the Inquisitors to come for him>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the BT army just like you posted clocks in a bit over 1400, but that leaves little room for power weapons, storm shields, armor upgrades and the like. If you have an assault squad and no storm shields you deserve to be pasted at the hands of chaos scum.

I&#39;d be more concerned about him having a Sgt, not even on the templar army list, then him being unable to tally his army up right.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i dont know templars but none of his assaulters had storm shields thats for sure.

He did have alot of power weapons and powerfists in his squads and both tactical squads had special weapons melta gun/flamer i believe and the one heavy weapon in the far right hand squad.

If space marines can field that many tanks, troopers kick butt special characters and special equipment I signed on for the wrong team.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

*grabs Elendili and yanks him to the torture chambers*

Now that the heretic is gone...

Excellent job scum. You gave the fellow warriors of the imperium a great many casuaties, even when outnumbered.

I salute you for that.

And kill you now.
    If a tree falls in the forest, and it lands on a mime, does anyone care?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

12" huh? no ones ever deep striked you I see? only played 2 games or what? :ph34r:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What vow did the Black Templar guy use?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

vow? no idea what your even asking me.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast