Dark Eldar Vs Necrons - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Today I had a battle with my trusty, sneaky Dark Eldar against the ´soulless Necrons.
    We played a 2000pts battle without any special mission objectives. The Necronplayer was rather new, so he wanted something uncomplicated.

My force consisted of this
    Dark Eldar Lord with the usual agonizer, drugs and shadowfield, 5 incubi and 4 DE warriors with 2 splinterkanons in raider.

2 raider squads with agonizer wielding sybarth, splinterkanon and blaster.

20 man squad with 2 splinterkanons and 2 blasters.

2 sniper squads, ergo 10 man with 2 dark lances

2 bikesquads with 5 bikes, one with xenospasms

5 scourges with 4 darklances and warpportal

4 warpbeasts

1 ravager

1 talos

His force consisted of something like this
    3x12 Necron Warriors, one with a lord with 4+ invulnerability save and res.orb

5 destroyers

3 heavy destroyers

3 spiders

3 wraiths

10 flayed ones

totaling about 60 models so that i needed to reduce him to 15 ones.

We had plenty of tarains, stones, necromunda stuff and the like, I deployed my 2 sniper squads in cover and my 2 bike squads which used ther turpo and raced over the field to distract a bit. my talos rumbled to his wraith and gunned one wraith und 2 flayed ones down, but it killed just one falyed one ... damn we will be back
    My snipers killed 2 heavy destroyers and one wraith.

in his phase he unloaded quite some punishment on my bikes and I did quite bad with my invul saves, losing one entiry squad and 3 of the 5 others -__-. my talos lost one wound to shooting.

In my second turn my scourges deepstriked quite in the mids of the necron encampment ... well quite a bad place to be, but could to nothing about it ... the syb planted the warpportal thingy and the others fired ther lances, killing 3 warriors. the snipers killed the last heavy destroyer and one spider, the 2 remaining jetbikes killed 3 destroyers by shooting(&#33 and assaulted them, but couldn´t scratch the last ones. the talos assaultet the flayed ones and killed about 5.

the necrons gunned down the scourges to the last man, the wraith assaulted the talos, and one scarab and spider assaulted the two jetbikes how fought the last two destroyers. the talos killed the two wraith and one more flayed one, who turned tail and fleed.

in turn tree the real fun began, since my portal opened. my lords raider fly over to the necrons lords squad and jumped out, the other two took each one necron squad. the 20 warriors squad took position in the middle, where they could shoot prety much everything, the beasts moved up to the fleeing flayed ones. in the souting phase my ravager killed a whole lot of warriors, like about5 or 6, the 20squad shot teh same unit reducing it to 3. the raider squad adjected to that necron sqaud downed another one. the other raider team killed about 3 necrons, and the sniper squads killed another tombspider. and of course the raiders opend fires and killed some warriors.
    the assault phase was real evil. my lord and retinue assaultet the necron lords sqaud and reduced it to 4 models + lord, lossing themselvs 3 models. the other CC went quite good, too, with the otable exeption of the warpbeasts, who were destroyed by the flayed ones, so the beastmaster decided it would be wiser to fight another time.the last remainig jetbike in CC with 2 destroyers, one tombspider and one scarab just survived another round of combat ^^.

in the next turn his lords squad and lord was totaly anihilated, as was the other warriors squad. this reduced tehm to below 25% and they phased out, but his moral victory was, that he managed after 3 turns of intensiv combat, to kill the last jetbike ^^

All in all it was a great victory for the Dark Eldar. In the end i suffered 10 jetbikes, 5 scourged, 3 incubi and a handfull of warriors.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You killed the wraiths!!! (takes off his hat in salute)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks goes to the talos, since necrons donßt "will be back" if killed with an weapon the ignored armoursaves. Wraith do have an invulnerability save, but when they go down by poer weapons ect, they stay down.

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

good report man, i enjoyed it alot and it was easy to follow.
    <insert witty remark here>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    411 (x8)

Killed wraith -shmaiths&#33;
    Try taking on a squad of wraiths with a lord with destroyer body and res orb&#33;

Nice rep, well done
    Everything you have been told is a lie!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

nice one... its the first time i have seen anyone beat necrons&#33;
    FROM THE BOOK OF THE IMPERIUM:

1. Thou shalt not go on a panty raid in the Adaptus Soritus temple.
    2. Thou shalt not flirt with Howling Banshees. They are the enemy.
    3. Thou shalt not refer to Battle Sisters as Bolter Biatches
    4. Darth Vader isn’t the son of Abaddon
    5. Thou shalt not reassemble a Necron into a washing machine

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the report. That was a fun read. I hope we get to see more.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hey nice report.

very fun to read

good job against the necs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good battle, glad that Dark Eldar killed them, but I thought that you couldn&#39;t deepstrike and then plant the warpgate.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah .... I figured that out by now ... what a pitty. There was enough cover on the fild so I could have sneaked up to him with the scourges and plant it some where ... but I thought that this tactic with deepstriking would be totally dark eldarish and stylish ... well ... I will never make this mistake again -___- I will defenitely do a rematch and this time I will dopple check everything ^^
    Heil the Dark Ones

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast