Word Bearers/iron Warrior Vs. Space Wolves - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey Guys,

Ok, how in god's name do I stop these armies with my Wolves? I play a similar army (with variations) in every battle.

1 LR with my wolf lord/priest whatever and a squad of 3-4 termies

1 Rhino Blood Claws(9)/Rune Priest

1 Rhino Grey Hunters(10)

1 Razorback with Long Fangs(5)

2 Speeders

1 Venerable Dread

1 Dread

Wolf Scouts(5-6, one with plasma gun)

1 Vindicator

-----------------------------------------------

Ok, so First game, 1850, play his Word Bearers. ***** am I supposed to do to stop him from a.) infiltrating 18 inches to my guys, b.) dropping demons on my head??? Some of it was very advantageous rolling (he tied up my ven dread for about 3 turns with one winged despoiler guy after KILLING all my grey hunters in 2 turns...) . He lucked out with his rolls when I used "the raven bird thingie" and managed to get all his squads to place on the board. I guess I just needed to be shootier and peg him off quickly, but unless I kill an ENTIRE squad by turn 2-3, chances are all 7 (yes 7) various demon squads will be on the board. Any advice? His Khorne thirster cut through my Rune Priest/BC squad that managed to get into contact like butter. The other squads were wiped out when he rolled in his demons... which by turn three were well within charge range... ARGH

Ok, and the iron warriors, *****! They get a heavy weapon per squad (all lascannons go figure). Then he had 6(@#)!(&#036#&) obliterators, 1 defiler, and a basalisk (out of apossible 3). All that ordinance just made mincemeat of my army... By the time I was in CC with his flanks, he had most of my force wiped out. I was puffing smoke with my rhinos.... I just dunno. So, given my horrible descriptions, anyone have any advice for me?

LMK if you want more details on armies, I gave the basics of it.

---------------------------------
    RaG|NaR

Mooing peacefully since 1996!
    Got Milk?

<a href='http://www.adeptusminneapolis.com' target='_blank'>Adeptus Minneapolis</a>

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    147 (x5)

This is in the wrong forum, I&#39;ll get one of the GM&#39;s to move it to Army Lists.

Please read the rules. The chances are someone has asked this sort of thing before, and hence you should look through the topics to find one that nears your query.
    "It fits like clothes made out of wasps!"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OK, just to keep this on topic, I apologize for having turned this into a request for help&#33;
    Word Bearers vs Wolves - 1850
    Turn 1:
    The Wolf lord looked skyward, receiving reports from the Chooser of the Slain that their were Chaos infiltrating their position. He ordered his troops into a defensive position, surrounding his vindicator and long fangs with his venerable dreadnaught and a squad of Grey hunters. They settled in, the dreadnaught and grey hunters popping off long distance shots at a squad moving up the center through some destroyed power stations. A few of the traitors fell, but alas they couldn&#39;t gun them all down&#33;

The land speeders sped off to the left flank, hoping to catch a squad in the open. They found a squad of 8, knowing this would be a very bad sign indeed, and opened fire with their heavy bolters&#33; 2 of the traitors fell to the ground, their armor failing them&#33;

The Rune Priest summoned his powers and cast Storm caller on his Rhino, charging it forward towards the right flank in hopes of breaking through. The rhino fell short though on a tactical error of ordering his marines to disembark for the assualt&#33; This would prove a pivotal moment in the game.

Turn 1 Chaos:

The Chaos army had setup in a circle around the &#39;Wolves, hoping to use their 5 demons waiting in the warp to their advantage. Their despoiler lifted himself on his wings of Chaos and jumped forward, charging into close combat with the Grey Hunters. His swift attacks cut down 4, and after passing their test the rest piled in to avenge their brethren. The Chaos squad on the rt flank fired its 3 melta guns at my rhino, and thanks to stormcaller only managed to get a glancing shot in, the rest flying wide or impacting ineffectively on the hull. The glance left the rhino imobilized, but its precious cargo was safe inside. The remaining 3 squads all moved closer, attempting to get their &#39;cargo&#39; even closer to these loyal marines.

Turn 2 Marines:

The wolf scouts failed to come onto the table, lost on the back of the board. The Wolf Lord decided to seperate from his imperiled grey hunters, moving out to attempt to slaughter a squad of chaos moving at him. The dreadnaught charged into the frey against the despoiler, while the remaining grey hunters moved in to attempt to save their brethren. The long fangs fired off shots at the marines picking off a few here and there while their Terminator Wolf Guard leader managed pick off one of them. The Blood Claws disembarked and charged, their rune priest casting Storm Caller as they ran. The squad summarily destroyed their opponents, however 3 of them ran off having failed their save (another mess up, I should&#39;ve held them in combat). The Rune Priest attempted to consolidate into the woods to roll up their right flank appreciably. The Land speeders shot forward, picking off another 2 of them marines in the large squad on the right flank.

Turn 2 Chaos:

The chaos marines in the middle charged forward, their icon bearer bringing forth nurgle plague bearers around my Wolf Lord. He cut down several of the marines, leaving himself with only the plaguebearers to deal with. He was overcome with their rot, causing one wound to himself.

The chaos that had run away on the right flank turned into a Blood Thirster, charging into my Rune Priest and his pack. In the ensuing combat, I caused two wounds, but his attacks cut my blood claws in half.

On the other flank, his marines shot their melta gun at my speeders failing to target the quick moving force. In close combat, another nurgling fell to my frost fang, but another wound was suffered by their nurgle rot. His despoiler finished off my grey hunters, but the dreadnaught caused another 2 founds on his despoiler, smashing him to the ground ready for the kill next turn.

Turn 3 Wolves:

The Scouts came in this turn, their combined fire bringing down the last of the marines that was my right flank.

The Rune Priest and blood claws combined managed to hit the blood thirster down another wound, however his strength ripped apart the remaining claws and the rune priest.

The Wolf Lord managed to cut down another of the creatures, the others being saved by their warp damned powers. Their rot wasn&#39;t able to kill him yet.

The land speeders rushed over, shooting at a squad sneaking around the power stations, shooting their guns to kill all but one of the chaos marines coming aorund the corner. The long fangs continued to riddle their army, and the vindicator fired at the marines coming through the ruins where my blood claws had been. The shot missed however.

Turn 3 Chaos:

The despoiler finally died in CC with the dreadnaught, however the blood thirster charged forward intent on killing the remaining marines. Out came the bloodletters and demonettes this turn, charging forward but not quite making it into assualt range. Next turn would be a bloodbath to the remaining long fangs. My dreadnaught managed to have its power claw ripped off, and its assualt cannon disabled. A land speeder fell to a chance melta gun shot...

Turn 4 Wolves:

My wolf lord was killed by the nurgle rot after knocking down all but one of the nurlgings. The dreadnaught was ripped limb from limb by the blood thirster, and he consolidated into my wolf guard and long fangs. The vindicator had a lucky shot had the last nurgling, it missing slightly nad landing on 8 various demons. 5 fell to the shot, 3 saving by the magical powers. THe last remaining speeder shot his bolter, cutting down all but one of the chaos marines in the power station.

Turn 4 Chaos:

The demons swarmed, cutting down the remaining Wolves. The speeder remained and my Scouts, but the rest had fallen. The game was declared over&#33;
    RaG|NaR

Mooing peacefully since 1996&#33;
    Got Milk?

<a href='http://www.adeptusminneapolis.com' target='_blank'>Adeptus Minneapolis</a>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you have trouble with Demons, try to apply massive force to one squad at a time. Other than that, nice report. Sorry to hear your loss. Next time, make them test Instability&#33;
    Si em, tow en can de lach.
    Tak&#33; Tak&#33; Tak ah wan, Tak a lah&#33;
    Mi tow, can de lach.
    Mi him, en tow.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good call, I forgot the instability . I also forgot to use one of my dreadnaughts.... stupid me. Concentrate on one squad.... I was trying that towards the end, but just didn&#39;t have it soon enough.

ThankS&#33;
    RaG|NaR

Mooing peacefully since 1996&#33;
    Got Milk?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the one thing space wolves as an assualt force has over most other assault groups is two things a) they actualy can shoot as well as assault, and b. two powerfists in most squads.

Always hang back on an army such as khorne or daemon using armies and just keep them under fire for as long as you can widdling down their force. Once they get to you unload your assaulters on them in a concentrated force trying to get the powerfists on the stuff like the thirster, they should kill him right quick.

If you had remained back your long fangs,dred, and vindicator should have put huge holes in his army before you had to go into hand to hand.

I ony say this cause I use an all world eaters army entirely made of cc, and the one space wolfer ive played is also the only guy to decimate my army using this very tactic.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Poor dead wolves. I hate demons. I always have probs with them
    Back from a long adventure.

Closed Thread