Tau Vs. Necrons - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tau Vs. Necrons

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i went to a games workshop in brisbane on sunday and played a 1000 point game with my friend who does necrons. The scenario was suggested to us by the official, can't remember which one it was but was very similar to a meatgrinder with victory points determining the winner, and was played like that.

He won the roll off to see who deploys first, and elected me to deploy first. After all units were deployed from table edges(took forever! :blink: ), we rolled to see who went first. We used the race's strategy rating to decide, and against all odds, i rolled a six, with him rolling a 2 and 2 1's .

Ok, army lists

ME

HQ- Shas'o with p/r, m/p and shield generator
    Accompanied by two bodyguard with same weapons as shas'o, cept with multi tracker

Elite- 2 * 3 stealth suit squads

Troops- 2 * 6 man firewarrior squads
    1 * 8 man f/w squad
    team leaders with markerlights

Heavy Support- 2 * 1 model broadside units
    Hammerhead with railgun and sms

Necrons(might be a little off, but hey )

HQ
    C'tan- Nightbringer

Troops- 2 * 10 man warrior squads

Fast Attack- 3 destroyers

Heavy Support- Monolith

TAU TURN 1
    I started by popping my ss(stealth suits) from behind cover, along with the cs(crisis suits+shas'o). hammer head moved to the right corner with perfect shot at warrior squad and monolith. No other moving. In shooting, left squad of ss took out 1 destroyer, while right squad took out 1 warrior. cs took out another destroyer and 1 or 2 warriors(damn those 1's!!! ) fw (firewarriors) out of range. Hammerhead took out 3 warriors from ordanance railgun. Broadside took a shot at monolith, but rolled a 3 so no damage. Other bs (broadside) shot at monolith, hit, penetrated, and rolled a 5! Bye bye monolith! . He wasn't too happy bout that. Assault, moved units behind cover.

NECRON TURN 1
    All cept 2 warriors got back up, and 1 destroyer picked itself up as well. He just moved a lot of guys, shot at ss and took out one, and destroyers shooting at 8 man fw squad, takin out all cept one, which luckily passed morale test :blink: with the no other shooting, nothing in range and still mourning from loss of monolith.

TAU TURN 2
    Moved ss and cs out of cover into prime firing positions, no other moving. Combined firing from cs, ss, some fw's, and hammer head took out 8 warriors spread out between the 2 squads. in assualt, moved cs and ss back into cover.

NECRON TURN 2
    Lots of moving again, 1 squad of warriors moving towards hammerhead, and other moving towards fw line and destroyers circling around again. Shooting took out only 2 fw's luckily due to bad rolls, and all 10 shots at hammerhead produced no 6's, but lots of 5's :o . Nightbringer finally within range, but rolled a 1 to wound, hehehehe.

At this point, even though it seems very short, my friend decided to forfit, as he thought he couldn't win without his precious monolith, and he was hungry.

Total vp's for me = monolith+11 warriors + 1 destroyer (no idea exact point cost)
    His vp's = 9 fw's and 1 ss, totaling 120 points

Destroying the monolith alone ensured my victory

GO THE TAU!!!

The funny thing was that before the game, everyone there was reassuring him that he would win, and that he shouldn't be scared of fighting tau, especially with necrons. Guess i proved them wrong.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good job! When you see this kid again, slap him for me. That's the worst Necron list I've seen in my entire life. A 1000 point army with the Nightbringer AND a Monolith? You gave him what he deserved. I am going to restate my core Necron belief: NEVER EVER EVER use EITHER a C'tan OR a Monolith in less than 1500 points, and don't use one of each in less than 2000. Even that's pushing it. Boy, he was asking to be phased out with THAT army.
    Si em, tow en can de lach.
    Tak! Tak! Tak ah wan, Tak a lah!
    Mi tow, can de lach.
    Mi him, en tow.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I dont understand why people still are not afraid of the tau. They have some of the best ranged weapons in the game, ive seen them demolish entire armies by the end of turn 3 just because they have such good weaponry (and good rolling)
    You know what they say, if you dont like the weather in houston...go back to where you came from

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If thats all the models your opponent had you only had to kill around 6 or 7 warriors to force him to phase out..and fielding that against Tau?.....dumb or what?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow! That player must have been the typical "Big'uns are better" players. A C'tan and a monolith at 1000 points against the Tau? By the way, I invite any necron player to do this against me anytime. I'll phase him out before either of his two Big'uns does any significant damage to my forces. This was kind of a no brainer victory. Nothing to beat your chest about.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it was a 4 by 4 table, and we each started 18" from our table edges, so we were pretty close to each other from the start, and by the 2nd or at the latest, 3rd turn, he would've had his c'tan and monolith within range to do serious damage to my guys, so i think i did pretty well considering what was stacked against me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The big unit lovers can be dangerous in most circumstances, especially in low point games because some people aren't prepared to deal with the big heavy and scary stuff.

Of course, Necrons are an exception.

Like most everybody else said, he was just begging to be phased out. The difference in other armies is that you can't as easily ignore a land raider or a awesome CC avatar/demon thingy. With the necrons though, its obviously different. Those big point sinks, for all their armor and wounds and high toughness, aren't worth a damn because your opponet can force a defeat on you so easily.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good job! When you see this kid again, slap him for me. That's the worst Necron list I've seen in my entire life.
    After you slap him, go to the back of the store, next to that shady looking guy, and say Kitty sent me. He will give you a gun to shoot the kid with.

I agree completely with deciever. In fact never use C'tan in anything lower than 2000 point, becuase they are so slow you can avoid them easily. If there was no phase out rule though, necrons would be way better. Phase out means you need to waste many points on warriors and the like to give you enough guys to keep from phasin out when they tap you with a stick.
    Back from a long adventure.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What is a Monolith
    ??????????????? :w

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's a big Necron tank. And that was spam. Read the rules.
    Si em, tow en can de lach.
    Tak! Tak! Tak ah wan, Tak a lah!
    Mi tow, can de lach.
    Mi him, en tow.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast