Tau And Space Wolves Vs Chaos: 1500pts - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

After a month of skirmishes and light conlicts with the Xeno scum, the space wolves were getting nowhere. The wolf lord was becoming frustrated at the lack of progress, when his day suddenly became a lot worse. It had been reported that a huge chaos army had infiltrated nearby and was heading straight for them. The Tau had also recognised this disturbance, and sent a water caste to negotiate a temporary treaty between the 2 hostiles. The wolf lord would have done anything to avoid this but he had no choice and agreed to send some men to help out, including himself. The Tau Etherial, seeing a oppitunity to end this war, sent all the men he could afford, in a desparate attempt for the Greater good.

Army lists

Tau and space wolves

HQ

1x wolf lord with termie armour, storm bolter,power weapon, runic charms and wolf tooth neckace. (with grey hunters)

1x Etherial, with drone controller and 2 drones. (with squad beta)

Elites

2x Crisis suits with a shav're
    1x twin linked plasma rifles, 1x shield generator
    1x plasma rifle, 1x fusion blaster, 1x shield generator
    1 missile pod, 1x shield generator,2 gun drones with them and a dron controller

Troops

10x blood claws with a rhino, all with meltabombs and 2 power weapons

9x grey hunters, one with melta, one with power claw (with wolf lord)

11x fire warriors (alpha) with a shas'ui who has a marker light and target lock

8x fire warriors (Beta) with a shas'ui, markerlight, target lock (with etherial)

11x kroot, with shaper, all with 6+ armour save

Heavy support

1x Hammer head with railgun and smart missiles.
    Disruption pod and Target lock

=1501pts

Chaos

HQ

Chaos daemon prince, plasma pistol, power weapon,daemonic armour, daemonic aura, daemonic mutation, daemonic essense, daemonic strength, daemonic resilliance, ferocious charge, mark of chaos undivided.

Elites

10x plague marines, mark of nurgle.

Troops

3x 10x Chaos space marines, each with 1 plasma gun and a aspiring champ with bolt gun and power weapon, mark of chaos undivided.

Heavy support

1x Dreadnaught, 2 x power fists
    daemonic posession and parascitic posession and mutated hull

1x Dreadnaught, 1x powerfist, 1x plasma cannon
    daemonic posession and parascitic posession and mutated hull

6x Havocs,
    3 missile launchers and 1 lascannon, mark of chaos undivided.

Tau/ Space wolves: me
    Chaos: Ghostdog (a new member to the board)

Deployment
    I deployed my kroot and Rhino on extreme right. crisis, fire warriors and Grey hunters in middle and Hammer head on left.
    He had chaos from (my) left to just right of the middle in a straight line along the boundary line, dreads were on the right and Havocs were behind them.
    4x4 board pieces of terrain are scattered.

Turn 1

Chaos won the roll so they went first.

Chaos
    All but the havocs moved fowards. His dreads and havocs fired a barrage of fire at the kroot, and killed 5. They passed their Morale check (thank god for that, they may have ran off first turn if they did'nt) All his other models were out of range. One Dread had fire frensy, but it was the one with the double power claws and he was nearest to the other dread so it made no difference.

Tau/ Space wolves

I did their turns simultaniously. I was quite suprised (and scared) with how many marines he had. I also knew his lord and Plagues were nasty. Firstly I moved my kroot into cover and my rhino 12 inches towards his dreads. I then moved my grey hunters up 6 inches. In the shooting phase, I basically shot everything that could into his plagues and lord squad, as well as a ordinance temp for my railgun.
    The result was 4 dead marines and one dead plague. Now I was really scared. His luck with armour save that turn had been immense. He passed his morale check (like they would fail it with all those upgrades <_< )

Turn two coming soon&#33;

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

At this point I had no idea what I was doing. Well, I did, I just had no plan in mind, I was acting too much along the lines of Ork tactics i.e. Charge&#33;

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Turn 2

Chaos

The chaos squads move even closer. It now kicks in that these Chaos space marines were getting rather close, and when they get into CC, I am as good as dead (or thats what I thought). Dreads didn&#39;t move or do anything this turn and looked a bit c*** to be honest. Havocs blew my Rhino to scrap metal and ripped apart 4 of my dread hunting blood claws in the process. Lastly all of his chaos shot plasmas and boltguns at my army and destroyed a grand amount of one crisis suit :lol: .

Tau/Space wolves

Nothing moves except blood claws towards his dreadnaughts. The kroot do nothing this turn as I forgot about them. My Grey hunters and Tau shoot all their guns at the advancing Chaos, and start to make a dent in his force (can&#39;t remember how many died). My blood claws go into cc with plasma cannon dread and one gets an unwelcome cruch with a power claw. More importantly, blood claws managed to attach a melta bomb and blow the thing sky high. One died in the explosion though.

Chaos assualt next turn. Arrgh&#33;&#33;&#33; <:>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Who will win? Place your bets now&#33;&#33;&#33;

Also, i&#39;m open to constructive critisism.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I&#39;m open to criticisim as well, of how I played chaos. Be as nasty to me as you like, but do try to be constructive.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does anyone want to make a comment or shall I carry on with the report?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the dreads seemed like a good target for your hammerhead to me, unless there&#39;s some reason why you couldn&#39;t shoot it. (I dunno chaos upgrades very well).

I&#39;m surprised that you wasted the railgun on a submunitions shot instead, just because they could all save against the submunitions, but whatever works,

Oh, and what are your crisis doing in all of this? Are they just sitting in range and adding their firepower to the barrage? You haven&#39;t mentioned em once so I&#39;m wondering if they&#39;re hopping in and out of cover... slowly closing in, etc.?

Sounds like it&#39;s a good battle though, plz continue.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The crisis are shooting along with everything else. I&#39;ll try and post 3rd turn soon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah carry on, all good so far.

Thanks
    Da Future Is Bright, Da futures Green

Ogre Kingdoms 0-0-0
    40k Chaos 5-0-1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah it&#39;s good I am collecting marines or Tau and seeing as Chaos marines are much like normal marines I want to see what happens. Also good scenario idea.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast