2500 Deathwing vs toasters - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    104 (x4)

2500 Deathwing vs toasters

I was left with only my brother to play in a 2,500 pt game versus necrons. Here's what I took:

Deathwing:

HQ
    Master, sword of secrets, powerfist, terminator armour
    Command squad x4, 2x assault cannons, Land Raider
    Master of Sanctity, twin lightning claws, Termiantor armour
    Epistolary, Storm bolter, Terminator armour, MoH, FotD
    Command squad x4, 2x assault cannons, drop pod

ELITES
    Venerable Dreadnought, extra armour, drop pod

TROOPS
    DW Terminator squad x5, 2x Cyclone
    DW Terminator squad x5, 2x Cyclone
    DW Terminator squad x7, furious charge, lightning claws

HEAVY SUPPORT
    LRC

Necrons
    4 squads of troops, Immortals (6), Pariahs (6), Lord, maxed out w/ res orb and other wargear, Deceiver, Destroyers (3), Heavy Destroyers (2), Tomb Spyder, Monolith, Flayed Ones (

Deployment
    My LRs were set up on a road facing the Necron edge, the Cyclone squads were set up on the other side near some craters.

TURN 1
    Necrons
    He won for deployment and first turn. He started by firing his Immortals at my LRC. With only 12 shots, he hit with 10 and rolled a 6. he then rolled a 6 for a glancing hit, destroying the LRC. His destroyers then shot at the other LR (with the master and squad inside), immobilizing it. So I had 4 squads forced to foot slog at the crons.
    Deathwing
    I fire all my Cyclones at the immortals, get 3 wounds, and roll 3 1's. HTe remaining Land Raider rolls 2 1's to hit with its lascannons (at the deceiver), and gets 2's on the re-rolls. So I did nothing that turn, except move up the 4 squads.

TURN 2
    Necrons
    Flayed ones arrive, land right in a thick wall, killing all of them.
    The Destroyers (both kinds) reduce the Lightning claw squad (with chaplain) to 4 men plus the chaplain. The deceiver attempts its pinning test on the lightning claw squad, who pass automatically because of the chaplain. Nothing else is hurt. Nothing can assault.
    Deathwing
    Both Drop pods arrive, the Dread right in front of a Warrior squad, Pariahs and Lord. The Librarian lands near the deceiver, Immortals and another warrior squad. All squads shoot at the deceiver, and despite taking 12 4+ invulnerable saves, survives with a wound remaining. The warrior squad near the Librarian squad and Deceiver flees from FotD, stopping a few inches from the table edge. The dreadnought kills 3 Pariahs.

TURN 3
    Necrons
    The Monolith arrives in front of the masters' squad and drops off a reserve warrior squad. The fleeing squad regroups. The Deceiver moves toward the Librarian squad. The immortals fire at the master's squad but don't kill anything (no 1's on 12 dice, nice armour saves). However, two Terminators in the squad are killed by the reserve warriors. The Destroyers reduce the Lightning claws squad to 3 guys plus the chappy. Warriors in front of dread knock off its assault cannon. The pariahs and lord move to assault the dread. In the assault phase, the Deceiver charges the librarian squad killing all but the librarian. The Pariahs and lord charge the dread. The lord doesn't harm the dread, but the dread kills 2 pariahs (1 pariah plus lord). The remaining pariah (who charged the drop pod) does nothing.
    Deathwing
    The lightning claw squad moves to charge the destroyers (regular 3). The Master's squad move towards the Necrons that came out of the lith. A cyclone squads move up and kill 4 immortals, and get set to charge them. The other kills a heavy destroyer with a krak missile. LR fires both lascannons at the lith and immobolizes it. Master's squad charges reserves and kill all but one, which passes its moral check with a 2 and they pile-in in front of the lith portal. The librarian is killed by the Deceiver. The Lord blows up the dread (6 on penetrating hit, I ask for re-roll for venerable, he rolls another 6). However, as they are both I4, the Dread hits back, causes a wound, smashing the lord into a pulp. Lightning claw Termies kill destroyers. Immortals are wiped out by Cyclone squads. Pariah blows up drop pod and kills itself in the explosion.

TURN 4
    Necrons
    Reserves are wiped out as they come throught the monolith portal, as there is no room and there are enemies fighting a lone warrior outside it! Deceiver moves toward a Cyclone squad. Heavy destroyer fails to kill. Spyder kills a Lightning claw termy with staff of light (now down to 2 plus chaplain). In assault phase, Deceiver kills 3 termies from the cyclone squad. Remaining warrior killed by Master's squad.
    Deathwing
    Master squad moves to help kill Deceiver, and so does second (unharmed) cyclone squad. Lightning claw termies get set to charge warriors near where dread was. Nothing gets hurt in Shooting phase. Deceiver gets charged by a lot, uses deceive to escape. Lightning claw dudes wipe out warriors next to dread wreck.

TURN 5
    Necrons
    Deceiver gets set to charge cyclone squad. Warriors (who were running awway earlier) blow up librarian drop pod. Deceiver charges cyclone squad, kills 2, but is killed by powerfists.
    Dark Angels
    Master's squad moves towards warrior squad (that killed librarian drop pod), charges them, kills some.

TURN 6
    Necrons phase out. I am left with Master, 2 assault cannon termies, 2 lightning claw termies, chaplain, and some cyclone dudes (along with the immobilized LR).

It was a horrible game for me, as I rolled abismal armoru saves and my brother got incredible rolls (warriors would shoot 24 shots and miss 2)(immediate LRC kill, Deceiver hit and wounded with almost all dice, rolled 2 6's in a row for penetrating hit on venerable dread). I was scared I would lose.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    99 (x5)

I think you did well to win, losing 2 LR on turn 1 was nasty. Plus your firepower didnt work too well, its a shame you were reduced to footslogging so much.

Do you in hindsight think it was a good toaster fusing list?

But then Necrons dodnt really like Terminators very much any way.
    Every time you read this sig: a fairie dies!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

104 (x4)

Nah, I just took my basic Deathwing 1850 list and added stuff because he wanted to play a bigger game.

I think I could have seriously kicked more ass if he didn't have an 80% accuracy with everyone (including the tomb spyder).

Highlights of the match:
    3 Terminators kill Deceiver, all suffer wounds, need 3 D6 for terminator invulnerable save, I roll 2 5's and a 6.
    Dreadnought crushing the 210 pt lord, definetly got its points back.
    Getting my ass kicked and still coming up on top!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think the game would of been a lot worse for you have your brother had better drops from his reserves
    "Ah, but the truth is like an expensive whore, Jerek. She comes in many dresses and will bend over for any with the money to pamper her." ~ Konrad von Carstein

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

-as a necron player, deathwing lists are the nastiest possible thing i can face, they outcompete godzilla nid lists, and world eaters for sheer anti-necron nastiness.

-i have never seen a necron army even make a dent into deathwing, you killed him and you had horrible rolls consistently. i'm sorry to say it, but he never had a chance
    Procrastination- hard work often pays off over time, but laziness always pays off now.
    Indifference- it takes 43 muscles to frown, and 17 to smile, but none to just sit there with a dumb look on your face.

-Votewar 40K III= 1st place
    -Votewar 40k mini= 2nd place
    -Votewar fantasy 2= 2nd place

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One question
    You said flayed ones land in a thick wall. Is that impassable terrain? Because if not he should be fine for DS. Only impassable terrain, off the board and closer than 1 inch to another enemy unit does DS not work. Unless I am missing something. Any way good report... I dislike toasters
    Bonekrusher:yes:
    70% of all stats are made up

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

104 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by tiaxrulesall
    -as a necron player, deathwing lists are the nastiest possible thing i can face, they outcompete godzilla nid lists, and world eaters for sheer anti-necron nastiness.
    Well, he's beaten me before.

Other than that one time, I consistantly crush him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

104 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by bonekrusher
    One question
    You said flayed ones land in a thick wall. Is that impassable terrain? Because if not he should be fine for DS. Only impassable terrain, off the board and closer than 1 inch to another enemy unit does DS not work. Unless I am missing something. Any way good report... I dislike toasters
    More like a wall as in the side of a large ruined building, about 4" in width, and they landed right inside it.

Ok I have no idea what you're talking about.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

On ruin building you are taking walls as impassable and you must go through doors which is fine. In most games I have play in the ruin building is more like area terrain and difficult. Thank you for clearing that up. On the 70% of all stats are made up that is from more like a quote on life. Many times I have seen stats put out to support somebody point of view and when you dig down and do some research you find that the stats do not support thier viewpoint .It has nothing to do with the game sorry for the confused on that.
    thanks
    bonekrusher

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    68 (x3)

Gotta say nice win but its really not that much of an achievment for deathwing to "consistantly crush" necrons. DW is basically tooled to do it, better than even MC nids lists. I remember the battle report they did in WD when the new marneus model came out. It was 1500 pts UM Termies vs Necrons and they ruled them.

Your battle report shows that as well. He got lucky, you got unlucky and you still won.

+ Reply to Thread