Dark Eldar Vs. Space Marines! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Forces:
    -----Dark Eldar
    -----Space Wolves

Scenario: Rescue Mission

My friend and I recently played a Rescue mission scenario. There were 6 crashsites, but only one of them contained the actual objective, which one was real was unknown. It was a small battle, but anyhow, here's how it went down.

Turn 1: My two dark eldar sniper squads fleet-footed it toward the two nearest crash sites while my retinue on their raider hauled it as fast as they could to a third crash site. Meanwhile my enemy slowly pushed forward with tactical squad, venerable dreadnaught, and iron priest. His assault sqaud took full advantage of their jetpacks to land within inches of his nearest crashsite.

Turn 2: Now my enemy had already found its way upon two crashsites, although luckily for me the objective was not at either. Meanwhile my two warrior squads reached their crashites only to find nothing. My raider then boosted as fast as it could towards its crashite, ending up just inches away from it.

Turn 3: Now my enemy turned towards the crashsite in the middle of the battlefield, his assault troops landing inches away from it. Little did he realize that now both of my warrior squads were in range to fire their dark lances at his assault troops!. The excitement must have been too much for my warriors, for three of their shots went clear over the heads of the enemy, one shot however, hit home, turning his marine into a hot pile of wasted matter. At the same time, my raider reached his crashsite, much to my dismay, the objective was not there. This meant that the enemy's objective was almost right under my enemy!

Turn 4: Now his assault troops were right on top of the objective, one more turn and the game was his. I had to destroy that squad this turn or else his dreadnaught and tactical squads would surely prevent me from running him down. My Dark Lances opened fire. One shot went clear over the squad, but the other 3 hit their marks, slagging another two marines. The squad failed its morale check and was forced to fall back, causing it to drop its objective. Meanwhile my raider moved towards his tactical squad, with it's disentigrator blazing, alas, my shot missed its mark.

Turn 5: Now my enemy's dreadnaught was almost on top of the objective, and was now almost in range of my warrior squads. His Tactical Squad fired off all it had at my raider, alas it was too fast for them, as their shots were left in its dust. My warriors now proceeded to blast away at his venerable dreadnaught. Three shot missed their mark, but one of them got through, unfortunately only glancing it. One of its armaments was destroyed, but that dreadnaught is tough to kill, and so my enemy forced me to reroll for damage...alas, to his dismay, this time I rolled a 6, turning it into a smoking wreck. Now my raider rushed towards his tactical squad. The disentigrator this time took out 1 of his troops. My Retinue then disembarked and proceeded to assault his troops. My regulars skills proved worthless against the impossibly strong ceramite armor, but it was no match for my incubi and lord, who cleaved through 3 of his men with as much ease as if the marines were not really there, and capturing another one. The blatant butchery was too much for the marines. What little counterattack they mounted had no effect; two swings hit their mark, but my incubis' armor absorbed the shock. The horror of this combat drove them to fall back, but there was enough adrenaline running through my troops' blood to chase them down and slaughter them all.

Turn 6: Things were looking grim for my adversary. All his force now consisted of was 1 iron priest, 2 servitors, and 1 assault troop, while my troops had thus far suffered zero casualties. Realizing that the emporer had surely abandoned him this day, he decided it was enough and took full flight back towards his deployment zone. None of my troops were able to catch his troops in their retreat, as fear had given the space wolves great speed.

Battle Summary:
    It was a great victory for the Dark Eldar. Although the objective was retrieved by no one, they were able to deal great misery upon the foolish Space Wolves. Not a single Dark Eldar casualty was suffered, and as a bonus they would be returning to Commorragh with a new play-thing for the Haemonculus.

-------Hope you liked my battle report!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

was my battle report too long and detailed? is that why NO ONE is responding?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

take your friends wolves away, he is no longer fit to play the sons of russ. He didnt inflict a single casualty? what the hell was this guy doing? He took an iron priest? rookie mistake.
    You know what they say, if you dont like the weather in houston...go back to where you came from

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In his defense, he is quite new to the game. I think he spent too much points on big expensive stuff to be honest...but I wasn't gonna mention that to him. *smirk*

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it was a fun battle none-the-less...for me that is

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As long as it was a fun game, that's good then. Maybe he'll learn from his mistakes and beat u next time u guys play

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So pretty much you took a new person, didn't tell him aany mistakes in the beginning, then slew him utterly. Good job.
    Back from a long adventure.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OK, I'm gonna say this again. I hate people that don't explain the game to people. You realised all the errors he made, and made NO attempt whatsoever to help him. You are the reason people play once and quit. Make it a good game, EXPLAIN the rules, and explain some tactics if the guy seems completely devoid of intellect. You didn't win, you just took advantage of a n00b.

Anyways, how did the game end if you didn't get the objective?
    ---------------------------------
    RaG|NaR

Mooing peacefully since 1996!
    Got Milk?

<a href='http://www.adeptusminneapolis.com' target='_blank'>Adeptus Minneapolis</a>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Right... RaGINaR i think you need to learn that you learn by losing, but your still right even though im being ippocriticle.
    Back from a long adventure.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Its kinda sad that you didn&#39;t help that guy, especailly as he was supposed to be your friend. I&#39;m sure people trust you a lot <_< . He made some bad mistakes though, like letting himself be shot up, and not destroying the enemy in CC like a true wolf of fenris should do. He also took the worst unit in the SW codex, a iron priest, as well as letting you do what you please. I do agree, that you need to learn from your own mistakes tho.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast