Space Wolves 13th Company Vs Imp Guard - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This game is easily the most fun I've had since the Edinburgh EoT mega batle in which my guards got bored of watching Black Templars kill everyone in CC and took out their frustrations on them...

Anyway, the armies were (roughly)

Space Wolves-

Rune Priest with Frost Blade, Belt of Russ, runic armour and a master crafted bolter

9 Grey Slayers, 2 with Meltaguns
    9 Grey Slayers, 2 with Flamers

9 Storm Claws, 2 with power fists

5 Long fangs, pack leader, 2 missile launchers and 2 heavy bolters

IG -

Senior Officer with Bolt pistol & power weapon
    medic, standard 2 guardsmen 1 with a meltagun
    (Hardened Fighters)
    Chimera w/normal weps + pintle storm bolter & improved comms

Infantry Platoon - junior officer with Power Weapon, plasma gun&flamer
    infantry squad with missile launcher & Grenade Launcher (sharpshooters)
    infantry squad with missile launcher & Grenade Launcher (sharpshooters)

Armoured Fist squad, sarge with cc weps & a flamer
    Chimera - standard

2 Mars Sentinels (as seperate squads)

Hardened Vets, sarge with Fist, 2 flamers, shotgun, 2 CC guards

Leman Russ, with a HK missile

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Surprisingly the Space Wolves deployed in a V shape, there was a nice big terrain feature slap dab in the middle (a big wood) and the Long fangs went just behind that, giving them nice lines of fire down both possible routes of advance. The rune priest and the storm claws hid at the top of a big hill right at the back - i sense a gate - while the other two units of grey slayers went on either side of the long fangs, eady to come chop up all my poor soldiers.

My IG mostly hid in a nice big wood on my side, poking their lasguns and rocket launchers out through hedges, except for one brave unit which decided to stand out in the open and look after the Leman Russ. My command squad were too busy having some tea in their chimera right at the back and the very brave AF squad supported by the sentinel that wasn't deep striking(&#33 tried to look mean as they eyed up the meltagun carrying grey slayers.

The Hardened Vets and the second Sentinel waited to deep strike.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it would have been more fun BT V SW....
    anyway carry on

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IG won first turn (Hurrah) and began by placing the battlecannons ordinance template to cover every single one of the Storm Claws. Unfortunately it then scattered off the table. Still, there was allways the Chimeras multi lasers & the sentinel who decided to show the Long Fangs who was boss, and killed one. So the rest of my infantry opened up, in a storm of Krak Missiles and lasgun shots (I LOVE SHARPSHOOTERS) when the smoke cleared the Long Fangs were dead!

I think i cheered a little, but faltered when I realised that the rest of the Space Wolves force was totally untouched. Hm.

He gated his Storm Claws to land right in front of my poor infantry squad in the open. Thenkfully they scattered a little, but only into the big wood in the middle. The rest came trundling forwards, menacingly...

The shooting was brief but nasty, thankfuly the Meltaguns managed only to paralyze my AF Chimera but poor 'out in the open' infantry squad were reduced to half their number. Under the glare of their Junior Officer they stood fast though, despite most needing fresh underwear.

--

In dropped my hardened Vets, aiming for the Meltaguns but landing a mere 3" from the Storm Claws very close to nasty Flamer people. Oh Well. My AF couldn't move, I forgot to move my HQ so basically stayed still. Oh, my sentinel ran around a bit but not really for any reason but show.
    More Shooting, the Vets killed one of the Storm Claws with their flamers, another three fell to the combined infantry platoons fire and some more to multi lasers, not too hot. The Leman Russ killed a few of them with its heavy bolters and another with it's lascannon. When the dust settled on that one... only one was left! Unfortunately he had a Fist, and the Rune Priest just looked annoyed.

It was about now I remembered I had another Sentinel to deep strike in, 'next turn' i told myself.

Unsurprisingly, the Rune priest and his friend came forward to assault my battered infantry squad. On came the other two units to get at my vets and my AF. Again without shock my Vets were wiped out in a single round of shooting by two flamers and seven bolters. Nasty. The Meltaguns made a big old hole in my nice chimera, and three brave guards didn't make it out alive. Thankfully they seemed to have steeled themselves for that particular even as they held firm.
    In charged the Rune Priest and the Fist, and killed all but one guard, another shock ensued as he passed his Ld test - must be brave young man there.

--

In a bold counter move the HQ barreled forward and disembarked near the Rune Priest, ready to bravely get killed. The AF remnants, supported by the sentinel, moved in on melta gun squad. The Battlecannon of the Leman Russ landed flat on the Flamer squad of Space Wolves, and I think two of them were left, who promtly ran away.
    In went my HQ to kick some Space Wolf butt <coughs> supported by the junior officer,as did the Armoured Fist Squad and Sentinel. The last member of the Infantry squad fell, but then in a shockeroonie someone killed the Fist carrying Storm Claw and then won the roll off for the moral high ground. How we laughed when the Rune Priest, slightly shocked at the numbers of IG round him, ran off.

I didn&#39;t chase him (new assault rules being used) coz he would just have killed me so consolidated towards the AF, who were soundly beaten and kept in the fight - damn marines didnt let em run off.

The Wolf Priest rallied, but didn&#39;t do anything except growl about seeing something in the bushes (he didn&#39;t run away, he was going to kill something else..) and the continuing killing of my AF continued. There were like 2 left i think.

--

Finally i brought in my last sentinel from deep strike, and my HQ moved to go help the AF squad. The rest stayed put. I shot a lot at the Wolf Priest, including a battlecannon shell with landed on his head but just made him a little dizzy. ho hum, i did manage to cause one wound though. The Sentinel did kill off the last two running fellows with flamers. I assaulted the Meltaguns in an effort to save the AF but despite winning the combat and really mincing them wolves (hurrah for power swords) the last few AF memebrs died and the Wolves didn&#39;t run away.

The Wolf Priest took offence at a tank named for his primarch shooting him so took a swipe at it with his frost blade in an assault. It promptly blew sky high, but then landed on top of him. SQUIT. Magnificent. The second sentinel joined in the last big fight and finally the Senior Officer finished off the wolves, huirrah

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hmm a loss for space wolves.. if wulfen was present = dead guards in Cc

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Where was his second HQ unit? He needs to have 2 in a 1000 point game.
    You know what they say, if you dont like the weather in houston...go back to where you came from

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

he also didnt take a wolf lord when they arent optional 13th company have to have one
    <span style='color:red'>-=Read the sigrules=-</span>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by dead monkeys cry@Nov 28 2003, 23:11
    he also didnt take a wolf lord when they arent optional 13th company have to have one
    er no they dont they just need an hq unit with a mark of the wulfen for every 750 points

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

where is sharp shooters in the IG codex. I can&#39;t find it at all :blink:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New codex, but you showed the puny space wolfs, ( who I plan to Collect :unsure: ) What power is. You gave him what he deserved for trying to kill a leman russ (allright he did it, but you know what I mean) but I woulda taken carapace armour or cameoline :ph34r: or something.
    Wins from my armies.

W/D/L
    Cadian 22nd/124th (Infantry/armoured) 17/9/15
    Cadian 128th (Artillery) DISBANDED&#33;
    Space Wolves (Marines) DISBANDED&#33;

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast