800ish Point Necron Vs Blood Angels(<-me) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello, heres my battle report. just to say what we are doing, we are doing a "kill everything you see before the end" with random game length, reserves, and special characters. The necron player agreed to special charactres, if he could wave the phase out rule.

My army

HQ-
    1 Chaplain, with jump pack and termi honors and plasma pistol,(and death company)
    1 mephiston, lord of death(&#33

Elites-
    5 Terminators, one with flamer

Troops-
    Tactical squad 1 with veteran sarge with powerfist and 1 marine with flamer(5 man)
    and a rhino.

tatical squad 2 Sargent has cc weapons, 1 marine with missle luancher(also 5 man)

The evil twisted necrons

HQ- Lord with veil and res orb
    Troops- 2x10 warriors
    Fast attack- 1x3 destroyers
    1x5 scarabs w/ disruption(&#33

The board was a 4x6 foot board
    Terrain was set up as follows; in the middle there was a building that units can climb up on to shoot people, a forested area near the entrence to the building, scattered rocky outcroppings, that were large (about 5x 10 inches) and a large risdge of rocks on the necron side that protected the evil destroyers from veiw.

BA turn 1 At the start of the game, I lost 1 terminator and one tactical marine to the death company. But i got a 6 to see how many get to join with chaplain (so thats a 8 strong Death company). I got to go first. The death company goes insane with the black rage and got to move 17inches towards the enemy( :blink: )&#33; The rhino with its troops and mephiston(who joined that unit) raced towards the enemy to get into range with its troops. Everyone else moved very slowly toward the enemy.

Necron turn 1
    The lord telported to try in get in back of my death company, but scatterd 12 INCHES back the way he came. So its unit ended up on the opposite side of the forest. Everyone else started making there way foward, but the forest blocked LOS on the destroyers.

BA turn 2 No one blood raged. The DC(death company) charged foward, flying above the forest and into range to make CC attacks, and shot with there psitols. The rhino moved off to the side, to place its troops near the 2nd squad of warriors, who were far enough away from everyone that they would be easy pickings. The terminators and theTaticle squad slowly made there way foward. Durin shooting, The rhinos hunter killer missle sht the scarabs, blowing one away, and the rhinos pintle mounted strom bolter shot at the scarbas, dealing 1 wound. Inside, the marines fired and 2/3 dealed wounds, and mephiston shot with his plasma pistol, and killed another scarba is one shot. This left the scarabs at 2/5 bases. The death company with the chaplain charged into battle with the lord and his warriors, with a mighty roar. The cahplain killed 2 warriors, but with the lord nearbye, they could get back up. The death company wounded 10 more, but the anoying stupid warriors saved 6 of them. but that left them with only the lord and 2 warriors to counter attaack with. The lord retaliated by attacking, making 3 hits, making 3 wounds against the chaplain, but the chaplains rosarius saved every single one&#33;
    The 2 warriors attacked back and slew 1 death company member in cold blood...

Necron turn 2 The cowardly lord veiled himslef away from the battle with the dc. he teleported behind the terminators, but scattered to far away to get into cc. But they still could shoot, which they did. But the terminators vastly superior armour saved every shot. but while the lord was being a coward, the destroyers snuck on top of the ruins, and got into postion to fire upon the death company. 2 more death company fell to the deadly guass cannons, even with the 2 "saves" they get.
    The 2 scarabs raced into position to attack the rhino. neither hit thouhg, becuase the rhino moved 12 inches.

BA turn 3 DC moved onto ruins to get close enough to attack the destroyers in CC. The terminators moved toweds the lord and shot his group with a flamer and strom bolters. The 2nd tactical squad shot the setroyers and knocked over one. The rhino dropped off its troops. The Rhinos strom bolters shot the scarabs and got another base the die. The rhinos occupants charged straight into the 2nd squad of warriors and entered close combat with them. Mephiston used Quickening to gain some extra attacks, gaining 2 more, rasining his attacks to 7&#33; But the stupid warriors passed all there armour saves. The other marines killed 1. And the warriors retailated and killed 0 marines, getting all 1, 2, and 3&#39;s&#33; the marine with the power fist killed 1 warrior, who couldn&#39;t ever come back. The terminators entered combat with the lords group, and the lord slew the sargent of the terminators, but not before the sargent could kill 2 warriors. The remaining warriors didn&#39;t do anything. The other 3 terminators killed the remaining warriors, and gave the lord 1 wound. The death company finished off the destroyers. The Warriors failed there leadreship test and retreated 11 inches, and the terminators consolodated there 3 inches.

Necron Turn 3
    The people of the warriors that were being cowards failed to regroup. They keep running.... and the lord decides its best not to go with them. Lord veils away to join the other squad of warriors. He scatters 8 inches, but is still alive. The retreating warriors fire at the terminators, but fail to do anything. The scarb swarm thats left flys up to tie up the death company for a while, but dies before it can do anything from the chaplains power weapons. The warriors who were fighting the 1st tatical squad is able to kill 1 member of it, before the veteran sergent killed 2 of them forever.

BA turn 4
    The Bloos angels are mopping up the necrons. The terminators are going insane with blood rage and catch up to the warriors that are running. TheDeath company moves into asssualt range of the lord. The rhinos strom bolters shoot at the lord, with absolutey no effect. The terminators shoot at the running warriors, killing one. The flamer killed another. The 2nd tactical squad shoots at the retreating squad also shot, killing one with the bolters (1 warrior left standing for this squad) and shot 1 krak missle at it. Hits, wounds, no saves, good bye warrior squad. Way on the other side of the battlefield the death company is shooting the lord to try and kill him before CC. Gives him 1 more wound, but he is still alive.... Into cclose combat. The chaplain attacks with 5 power weapon attacks. 2 wounds, no saves, good bye lord, except that he might come back.... The other Battle , 2 guys die from mephiston, and 1 more from a space marine. The other space marine (the vetran sergant) kills the last warrior. Evil nasty necrons turn...

Necron turn 4.
    The lord is back. but he is surrounded by the death company, and mephiston, and the tactical squad. He decided to end it, so he goes into cc. Mephiston hits, wounds, and passes psycic test. The force weapon obliterates the lord. Again.
    Blood angels turn 5( yes we rolled a 6 to fins out about turns, they keep coming)
    so now everyones heading straigt toward the lord (whos dead kindove). Terminators rage 10 inches.2nd tatical get on the ruins. In case that creepy lord gets back up.
    Necrons turn 5
    Lords gone, we done, space marines win.

Blood angels losses
    2 terminators,
    3 marines
    5 death company

Necrons
    everything

So i know it was extremely long. How did you like it ( this was my first one)

Back from a long adventure.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well first off Great report&#33; it wasn&#39;t too long i really enjoyed it&#33;

The Blood Angels are Hard but so are the Necrons and letting him ignore the Phase out rule gave him a big advantage you did really well to win.

Also you said Lord Mephiston went in a tank with another unit he had "joined"
    I am sorry to say that is against the rules because Mephiston MUST be either on his own OR with honour guard. You don&#39;t have any Honour Guard so he couldn&#39;t join the unit.
    I may of course be wrong though.

Nice report I hope you post more.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey,

I&#39;d get a copy of CA2004, you no longer need permission to use special characters. Other than that good report. Both my BA buddies say Mephiston can join a seperate squad too, so.... If he had a Honor Guard he wouldn&#39;t have been able to leave that unit to join another since they count as a retinue. You really mopped up&#33;&#33;&#33; Most people I know who play Necron just go for the phase out rule, so to beat them single-handedly is pretty cool&#33;

Good job&#33;
    ---------------------------------
    RaG|NaR

Mooing peacefully since 1996&#33;
    Got Milk?

<a href='http://www.adeptusminneapolis.com' target='_blank'>Adeptus Minneapolis</a>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

CA2004?? Sorry it&#39;s another book right like Chronicles is for Fantasy?
    sorry but I know way more about fantasy than 40 K

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mephiston is an independant character unless accomponied by an honor guard. Seeing as mephiston is insanely expensive (200+) and we were doing only about 800 points(my friend didn&#39;t bring everything with him) it really limits what you can do. One problem with not having phase out is that the lord can keep coming back, therefore dragging it on very long. He could have come back near the end so i got a "free turn" to charge towards his lord with everything i had. And something i learned is always take pintle mounted storm bolters. There the best.

And can someone clarify this? I think im right here, but for the black rage, does it make it so you cant move again that turn, or can you still move after you move from the rage, becuase it says it counts as moving but doesn&#39;t affect the moving or assualt phase in the codex(i think)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This seems like a nice army. But judging by how your battle went (Yes i know you won, and nice job about that by the way), you need a way of getting your Terminators into the battle faster. Whether you want to use their deep strike ability or you want to get a Land Raider (youd have to sacrifice some guys, which you probably cant do since this is a small army). If your mission doesnt enable deep strike, which i dont remember what mission you said this was, but it didnt seem like it did. i leave that up to you because its your army, not mine, and i dont know what would work better for you as a player. by the way, nice to see a Blood Angels player (I&#39;ve got a nice army built around Lemartes and a Vet Assault Sqd.) Keep up the good work.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nope, no deep strike, though i think next game he will want to so he can deep strike monolithe on top o me. Need to pick up some lascannons before next game, maybe on a dreadnought, mine is furioso and if i used it i would have to get really close to kill the lithe, and those things are evil and bad.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well in bigger battles i will figure out a way to get them in faster. Probobly if its a deep strike i will do that, but my problem is once there actually on the field, i mean, the black rage i can move them up to 12 inches if the get the black rage on them, but that is a very low chance(its something like 7%, because you need a 1, then a 6).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok Mephiston is hard. Only problem is he has no ivunerable save soo irratating.

You did well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yes but if he had one, he would be invincible. He needs some kindove power/force weapon, that combines both, becusae hes really only really good in CC against big guys, like lords, warbosses, Demons, etc.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast