1000 Pts -> (dark Angels) Vs. (iron Warriors) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x1)

Well, this is by far the closest mission I have ever played and the weirdest, rolling wise! :o
    It was my 1000 pts dark angels army vs my friend’s 1000pts iron warriors army
    Dark Angles:

Grand master
    Command squad (all normal marines)
    1 Deathwing Terminator squad (squad will deepstrike) (1 assult cannon, 2 lighning claws, 2 S-bolter chain fists)
    2 Tactical squads, #1(plasma cannon & plasma gun) #2(missle launcher & melta gun)
    1 scout squad (4 sniper riffles)

Iron warriors
    Warsmith
    Retenue (4 marines, 1 aspiring champion)
    2 squads of obliterators (2 squads of 2) (1 squad will deepstrike) (damn iron warriors&#33
    2 squads of 7 units, #1 (lascannon & melta gun) #2( 2x plasma guns)
    Vindicator
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Mission: Cleanse

1st turn
    Dark angels: I won 1st turn so I had my all my troops advance into cover and wait,

Iron warriors: He did the same, except 1 squad that couldn’t quite make it to cover and his other squad of obliterators, he rolled a 2 and a 1 so he moved 2!

Wow! Isnt this game fun and interesting!

2nd turn
    Dark angles: (didn’t roll for my termie’s deep strike, decided to keep em for later) I had my 2 tactical squads move up again further into cover. I left my grand master near my scouts, in case he decided to deep strike them. Then I let the 4 snipers rip their guns @ the lonely enemy squad I could see! 4 Hits! 3 wounds! 3 dead! Sweet! He then rolled a 11 on his morale check! And rolled a 10 to fall back…………. Right off the table edge he went! :lol: HAHAHAHA!! Got to love snipers!

Iron warriors: He rolls for his walking obliterators hehe he rolls a 2 and a 1 again. (he’s getting *****ed). Then He moves his 1 squad, warsmith and vindicator closer and out of cover to fight my 2 tactical sqauds. Then, kinda *****ed about the fall back incident, he decides to retaliate by having his 2 other obliterators deep strike. He rolls successfully and he decides to deepstrike my grand master and command squad instead of my scouts. He uses 2 autocannons 4 shots… 4 hits…. 4 wounds…. 4 DEATHS! … OMG how lucky can you get!! However being stubborn and part of the deathwing no leadership rolls required!

3rd turn
    Dark angels: I decide to deepstrike my deathwing termies, roll successfully but TO MY HORROR I scatter into a mountain side and only 2 termies survives&#33; <_< “omg I think im gona throw up&#33;? so I decide to keep a chain fist termie to take out the vindicator and a assult cannon.. Then I move my 2 tactical troops out of cover on the left side of the table to do battle with 1 iron warriors squad, warsmith & retenue and (that dreadfull) vindicator&#33; Shooting phase:I start by taking a shot from my asault cannon @ the incoming obliterators I mangae to kill 1. then I let open a hail of fire from my 2 tactical squads. O…M…G… out of 16 shots 4 hit and 2 wound&#33; “omg I should of stayed in bed today&#33;? I don’t kill marines from the enemy squad… I then procede to assault the 2 first obliterators with my grand master and vet sgt&#33; LoL weapons + charge = 9 attacks for 2 units… hehehe *evil laugh* I completely decimate 2 obliterators and end my turn… Looking at my tactical squads I think to myself… “ :ph34r: oh no here comes the pain?

Iron warriors: he moves his slow obliterators 4 inches “ooo he got a 4? then he starts grinning at me and tells me “kiss goodbye to your marines?. He fires everything he has into my 2 tactical squads including the now in range obliterator……… he kills 14 marines out of 20&#33;&#33;&#33; All I have left of my 2 squads are (#1) sgt, plasma cannon, plasma gun and in (#2) sgt, Missle launcher, melta gun&#33; Now im *****ed&#33;&#33;he ends his turn.

4th turn
    Dark Angels: I decide to move my Grand master and the command squad sgt closer then I open fire with everything I got (except termies wich ill charge the vindicator with) with whats left of my 2 tactical squads I manage to kill the warsmith and the whole retenue. Then my Grand master and Vet sgt open fire but my stupid sgt kills himself with the plasma pistol… omg&#33;&#33; My grand master takes 2 marines out from the 7 man unit he has left. Then here is where this game just got wacked&#33;&#33; I rush the vindicator with my termies… kill it and roll a 6 on damage chanrt and the ensuing explosion kills EVERYTHING IN RANGE INCLUDING MY TERMIES&#33;&#33;&#33; :blink: :blink: <_< We couldn’t believe it&#33; I have never seen anything like that happen &#33;

Iron warriors: he basicly had 1 obliterator left and with a lucky shot from a lascannon he insta-killed my grand master&#33;&#33;

At the end of turn 4 the armies looked like this

Dark angels: 1 scout squad 85 pts

Iron warriors: 1 obliterator 70 pts

I win by 15 pts&#33; Omg that was close :blink:

GOD I HATE OBLITERATORS&#33;&#33;

I had this long signature made up, but I didnt like it...

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Next time rememebr termies are "stable platforms", which means they can shoot and charge in the same turn with no effect.

Oooo, Good battle though. Also, don&#39;t models fleeing always stop at the table edge just to check and make sure they don&#39;t flee off the board?
    ---------------------------------
    RaG|NaR

Mooing peacefully since 1996&#33;
    Got Milk?

<a href='http://www.adeptusminneapolis.com' target='_blank'>Adeptus Minneapolis</a>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x1)

You right they did check if they would fall off the board.. and they did
    see what io mean by the weirdest rolling game i hav ever played?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I htought you might win with like 5 losses, and then he shot the ccrap outof you. Have you eer noticed how there are very little B reps where the poster actually lost?
    Back from a long adventure.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

nice report, but wasn&#39;t it a cleanse mission? i take it u both had a quarter or contested one, but u had more points remaining

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x1)

yes vlad exactly

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So you still won.
    Back from a long adventure.

Closed Thread