Demon Hunters vs. Tyranids 1500 - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Demon Hunters vs. Tyranids 1500

This battle report was me playing a friends Demon Hunters against some guys Tyranids. It wasn't much fun because the guy was super ****y (ugh) but still a good game.

Tyranids

HQ
    Hive Tyrant w/ Flesh Hooks, Toxin Sacs, 2x Scything Talons and Warp Field = 142 pts

Hive Tyrant w/ Flesh Hooks, Toxin Sacs, 2x Scything Talons and Warp Field = 142 pts

Troops
    4x 12 Genestealers = 192 pts

Heavy
    2x Carnifex w/ Adrenal Glands (I), Bonded Exoskeleton, Ext. Carapace, Regenerate, Reinforced Chitin, Mace Tail, Thornback, Toxin Sacs and 2x Scything Talons = 223 pts

Demon Hunters

HQ
    Grand Master w/ Psycannon, Icon of the Just, Master-Crafted Force Weapon, 4 Termie Retinue = 424 pts

Troops
    2x 9 Grey Knights and Justicar w/ 2 Psycannons = 325

Infantry Platoon
    Command Squad of Junior Officer w/ Laspistol and CC Weapon and 4 Guardsmen
    4x 10 Man Squads w/ Plasma Gun and Lascannon = 420 pts

(I didn't make this list, I had to play with what was available.)

Deployment
    I had a giant hill and since he said it counted as Difficult Terrain all over I put all my forces on that. It had three levels, the Guardsmen held the top while the Grey Knights held the 1st and 2nd. He set up everything in cover as far up as he could. A Tyrant and a Carnifex was on each flank and the Genestealers held the middle. We played Annihilate mission.

1st Turn Demon Hunters
    As I had no movement, I went straight to shooting. The Guard squads fired all lascannons at the leftmost Tyrant. As the Plasma Guns and Flashlights were outta range I only inflicted 1wound. The psycannons fired on the middle Genestealer squad and took out 6. Not much damage done but next turn he'd be in range.

1st Turn Tyranids
    Everything moved up 6" and the Genestealers all fleeted. Two Broods were closer than the other two but one was the 6 man Brood.

2nd Turn Demon Hunters
    The shooting gallery opened up straight away. All Lascannons, Plasma and Flashlights ended up being aimed at the wounded Tyrant and it was laid low. The Grand Masters squad and the left Grey Knight squad finished off the 6 man Genestealer squad. The other Grey Knight squad took out 3 Genestealers from the other front running squad.

2nd Turn Tyranids
    Everything moved up 6" again and with some lucky Fleet rolls 2 Genestealer squads ended up close enough to assault my front Grey Knight squad (damn dice gods). They both made it in combat and since I got to hit first I cut down the squad that had lost some 'Stealers to shooting. The other full Brood killed everyone except the Justicar and since we both did 9 wounds the combat was a draw.

3rd Turn Demon Hunters
    Okay I made a big mistake here, at least in my opinion. I moved my HQ squad toward the combat because if they killed the Justicar and got a 6 for Massacre, they'd end up in combat with my other Grey Knight squad. Combined Grey Knight shooting saw another Genestealer squad scythed down and the Guard Platoon put 3 wounds on a Carnifex. In combat, the Genestealers Rended 2 Terminators down and than were beaten down. The Termies Consolidated 3" backwards and the Justicar moved 1" back.

3rd Turn Tyranids
    Everything predictably moved 6" up and the Carnifex regained 1 wound. The last Genestealer squad fleeted and assaulted the Justicar and the Hive Tyrant assaulted my full Grey Knight squad. The Carnifexs would be in next turn. In combat the Justicar died and took a 'Stealer with him and they consolidated 5" into my HQ squad. The Hive Tyrant killed 3 Grey Knights and took 2 wounds but everyone stood there.

4th Turn Grey Knights
    The movement was non-existent. The shooting phase saw the wounded Carnifex die to mass shooting. Combat consisted of the Tyrant eating 3 more Knights and taking no wounds back. 1 Knight died to No Retreat. In combat the Genestealers killed both my Termies but the Grandmaster was to far ro be in combat and they Massacred into him. I was not very pleased at the moment.

4th Turn Tyranids
    The Carnifex charged into the Grand Master. in Combat the Hive Tyrant finished off the Grey Knights and went towards the Grandmaster. In combat with the Grand Master he suffered 5 Rending wounds and saved them all!!!!!! I jumped for joy. He than wounded the Carnifex and one psychic test later he was ooze. The Genestealers passed their break test though.

5th Turn Demon Hunters
    With no movement, I shot the Tyrant with everything I had and when the smoke cleared......it was fine. D'OH! In combat my Grandmaster saved 4 Invulnerables and 3 regular saves and than cut down 4 Genestealers. He was truly blessed! My opponent now decided the Grand Master had to die.

5th Turn Tyranids
    The Hive Tyrant charged the Grand Master. The Grand Master ONCE AGAIN made 2 Invulnerables and 2 armor saves in addition to obliterating the Hive Tyrant!!!! In a display of bad sportsmanship, my opponent picked up a handful of dice, threw them in the trash, threw his models in his case and left the store. I suppose that made me the winner.

3+ saves are for newbies :)
    Ulthwe Strike Force 22/0/1 *Retired*
    Emperor's Children 4/0/0
    *Retired*

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    68 (x3)

Hehehe...I love it when tyranid players lose their temper. IMO they are the players most likelly to think they'll win (just as a general term, not all are like this) so when they get thrashed its funny. You played well, utilizing that cover was probably what saved you from genestealer onslaught.

This guy tried to play a godzilla list and lost pretty bad, Your GM was truly a force to be reckoned with.
    Peace
    Nevermore Chapter: 6200 pts; 97/49/11; Longest Streak: 9 Wins/4 Losses; Nearing Completion

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    80 (x4)

Ah, well, I know full well the power of an army with a heavy amount of shooting. . . and losing to it. That guy's list was pretty bad, too, though. He had no shooting and no fast units. Against that Demon Hunters list no shooting isn't such a bad thing, but a couple big squads of Hormagaunts could have tied it up rather quickly while the slow stuff was still coming.
    Why do the survivors remain anonymous -- as if cursed -- while the dead are revered? Why do we cling to what we lose while we ignore what we still hold?
    Name none of the fallen, for they stood in our place, and stand there still in each moment of our lives.

--Duiker, "Deadhouse Gates"

-Ostsol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    48 (x1)

Kudos on the win! And what a jerk... sometimes the dice just roll funny, no need to get worked up. In the long run it all evens out.

There was just no stopping that Grand Master... love it when these things happen.

Arizzar
    If the radiance of a thousand suns
    Were to burst at once into the sky,
    That would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...
    I am become Death,
    The shatterer of Worlds.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow thats amazing. If I were you I would have taken the dice that he threw away. Lol free dice

Erik Moraki's Great Company 16/4/7
    Borgut "SBD" GreatStrider's Ogres 6/1/2
    An'Gorath's World Eaters 3/0/2
    Sigurd GreatFang's Wulfen Host 7/4/3

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good battle report. Well done on your win. He deserved to be taught a lesson for losing his temper like that. That Grandmaster should be declared one of the High lords of Terra. He's probably more powerful than a primarch! :yes:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah I hate ... like that. I had worse luck againt blood angels... Againsts everything 1 missile launcher and 1 lasscannon getting shot at a ball for 4 turns and did not hit once... 5 st 10 attacks and 7 s9 atacks against a baal. I immoblised it! I could not roll a 6. All though I did mangae to on leadership. I was mashed bit I still played and had fun. I hat It when people do that. Congrats on the win!
    Your Signature:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

congrats on the win, haven't seen DH win something this incredible in a long long time.
    When will those ppl learn the temr "sportsmanship"? Anyway, give that GM some award - a nid skull on his base perhaps. definitely Man of the Match.

Monkey Pirate Greenbeard The Ex-pirate's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

he does need a niffty reward, and good job on the win. , don't ya just hate bad sportsmen? Oh well you taught him a lesson good job again
    Rheagar fought nobly
    Rheagar fought valiantly
    Rheagar fought honorably
    And Rheagar died.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    34 (x2)

Well done, well done. The use of cover was a good move. However, against such a list I would have spread out a bit. The way you presented it, he didn't have ext. carapace on any of his genes, leaving them with a pitiful 5+ save. With the gray knights' awesome storm bolters, you can simply run around and chew the genes to bits before moving in on the big baddies. Of course, they'll eventually catch you (fof) but if you set it up properly, you can get the charge as well as shooting on your way in (mmm, assault). Simply put, storm bolters are amazing. One of the funnest games I've played with GK was against a huge horde of plauge zombies. I just ran away from them for most of the game and shot them up into little zombie bits! Of course, they're consideribly slower... but you get the point.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast