Victory For Ordo Hereticus! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alright, this was an 800 point Cleanse Standard Mission between my Sisters of Battle and a friends Ultramarines. here are the army list
    Sisters:
    Canniness
    she had melta bombs+Rosaries
    Troops:
    3 squads of
    Battle sisters(10)
    Heavy:
    1 squad of
    Retributers(10)
    3 Multi-Meltas + 1Heavy Bolter
    Fast Attack:
    1squad of
    Saraphim(9)
    Veteran
    they were equipped with melta bombs, and duel bolt pistols.
    The Veteran had a bolt pistol and power weapon
    TOTAL: 798

Space Marines
    HQ:
    DeathWatchKillteam(4)
    Deathwatch Captain
    Deployed in Rhino, 2 Heavy bolters, Frag Grenades, Melta-Bombs
    Troop:
    2 tactical Squads of
    Space Marines(5)
    Frag Grenades
    Fast Attack:
    1 Squad of
    Assault Marines (5)
    Veteran
    Frag Grenades, Power fist for the Veteran Sergeant
    Heavy Support:
    LandRaider
    Two twin Linked Lascannon and a twin Linked Heavy bolter
    TOTAL:
    those are the armies. The space marine player had Melta-Bombs. Why? I don't know, but he did. I picked a corner almost Clear in the Open. I wasn't Afraid to loose two sisters a turn to those LasCannons, I felt if I got more sisters to a firing spot I could kill more than 2 marines a turn. What I was Afraid of was the Assault Squad. I have played plenty of games where a single space marine with a thunder hammer could dispatch 20+ sisters and still live to the end of the game. For that reason, I actually deployed 18 inches from the center of the board, In one Enormous Block of Troops, Retributers and My Canniness. For a 4" board this was a big deal. I could easily have lost 3 girls in any given squad and forced to fall back off of the board. Another Problem this posed was that by my mistake, I wasn't 19" from the center. His assault Marines could still assault me in the first turn. My opponent then predictably deployed His assault marines and The Rhino in the center of the board in the corner opposite me. There was no Terrain separating us, however a building was to the right of my Column.
    My Saraphim where deployed far to my armies right flank however, almost on the edge of the board. I was able to put them behind cover, behind the building that was next to the rest of my army. My opponents Land Raider and two tactical squads where actually behind it a good 2" from my army. These three units where wedged between a bunch of trees and another building. None of them had Missile Launchers, and without fear for any templates I could form all of my troops as close together as I wanted.

Turn 1:
    Sisters:
    I got to go first! YAY. The first thing I did was move my front Line back 6" and to the side, they where behind that building to the right of my army. This increased the distance those assault marines had to close to reach us by 3". My Saraphim Moved 12" to the other side of the trees that where south of my opponents LandRaider.
    I Had The Two Troop squads who had fired fire at the Assault Marines. The assault Marines where not in 12" range so it was only 20 shots. Two Marines went down. The Retributers fired at the Rhino, and All but the Heavy bolter missed. None of the Heavy bolter's hits even glanced the Rhino.

Space Marines:
    My opponent Charged forward with the remaining 3 Assault Marines and the Rhino. They where just 8" from my front Line. He didn't move the Landraider, but the two tactical squads behind it began to circle around the trees to its south. They where unable to gain line of sight with my Saraphim, and where more than 6" from them.
    The LasCannons of the Landraider Fired, Making a loud Crack like Lightning as beams of light separated Air and found two unfortunate Sisters of Battle in their path. The Heavy bolter's On it Opened up, Spilling Lead into the huge mass of nuns. Sparks could be seen by the Space marines as the High Callibur heavy bolter rounds glanced off of the black Power armor of the Battle Sisters.
    Turn 2:
    Sisters:
    Seeing no reason I should not re-establish line of sight with the assault squad and the sisters who had stepped back the previous turn, I moved them back to the front of the line from behind the Ruined building at my tightly packed armies flank. The seraphim's Jump Packs Lit up, and the Marines looked in Horror as the Saraphim emerged from the other side of the forest, and landed well within the 6" of the LandRaider.
    My Retributers opened up. The Multi-Meltas Spewed A Stream of Molten Petrum onto the Rhino, melting through the tank at the molecular level. The Crew and a passenger where outright killed by the attack. The Death Watch Kill Team Captain turned from the dead crew members at the front of the APC and the Gaping Hole showing hordes of well armed nuns in battle dress, and said to his men "alright men, time to get out". Mass Bolter Fire from three squads of Battle sisters and my Canniness tour through the remaining three assault Marines.
    My Saraphim where within 6" of the LandRaider with Melta-Bombs and knew what to do with them. After not moving the tank was doomed to receive 10 automatic close range multi-melta hits at str8+2d6. The Tank Exploded in a Tremendous Explosion covering The two tactical squads of marines and the Saraphim with Shrapnel. The sisters covered their faces, the decorative Robes where torn from the outside of their thick power armor by shrapnel, All survived. Two Ultramarines where killed by shrapnel. The remaining eight space marines and the ten seraphim glowered at each other from across the burning smoking Creator.
    Space Marines:
    The Death Watch Captain was Young and in-experienced. Also His great Faith in the Emperor gave him and his men resolve enough to hold still and Set up their Heavy Bolter's. The Remaining Space marines at the back of the table charged blindly at the Saraphim who separated them and the Death Watch, running right through the smoldering Ash of the Landraider.
    Bolter Fire was unloaded by the death watch into the Squad of sisters in my main army formation. Most of the fire glanced off of their holy armor, but two sisters took wounds. Mab the Invulnerable, the Canniness who was standing not 6" away from them made a not in her mind to promote them if they survived. The Bionics they would receive would make them much tougher to slay in future battles.
    The remaining eight Ultramarines Leap t up from the carnage of the Landraider, and dove into the ranks of Saraphim. Never encountering such fighting skills in mere humans, the space marines where surprised to strike so few blows. They did not let this surprise distract them, as they parried every one of my Seraphim's attacks. The Saraphim, where slippery. They Fired their Jump packs up and fled the close combat. "Cowards" shouted the Marines.
    Turn 4:
    Battle Sisters:
    The only sisters to move in this turn moved to within inches of the space marines they had just fled from. The Ultramarines felt pretty confused, and a little confident, knowing that they could thrash a bunch of girls in close combat. "yeah thats more like it, lets see how you fight!" the Space marines shouted. The Saraphim merely grinned.
    The battle group of nearly forty sisters simultaneously set their bolter's from single fire to burst. The noise of so much bolter fire was deafening Every sisters except my Retributer squad at the back of the formation opened up on the four foolish Death Watch Marines. None Survived, the Death watch fell to the ground with more holes in them than swiss cheese. The Retributers took a break, and set up the Heavy bolter in the squad to give cover fire to the Saraphim. Heavy bolter rounds harmlessly glanced off of the ultramarines power armor. The Saraphim lowered their eyes in Prayer and Called forth an Act of Faith: the Passion. They fleet of foot 5" into the space marines, forgoing their shooting.
    The Saraphim Dived into combat with Zeal. The act of faith had given them +2 to Initiative and +1 to attack. Along with the charge and the duel bolt pistols they all had, it almost didn't matter that they only wounded on a 5+. After rolling to hit, I then called another act of faith onto the board: Divine Guidance. This act made any rolls to wound of 6 ignore armor saves. My Saraphim where Genestealers with the WAAAGH! The Space marines where Startled by this sudden transformation from woman to beckons of Holy Might! The 3 remaining Space marines fled in terror as five of their brethren fell before the seraphim's might. Having Left the battle, they where the only survivors.

and that Was Game! I'm glad I didn't have to worry about blast/ordinance templates. But I don't think that I would have had to worry about those for long anyways with my seraphim.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sorry to say this about your friend, but, hes an idiot. a land raider in a 800 point mission? Deathwatch kill teams? He has statistical and range advantage over you.
    You know what they say, if you dont like the weather in houston...go back to where you came from

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

oh yeah, and you rock at writing battle reports, keep up the good work. Great army compostion as well on your part.
    You know what they say, if you dont like the weather in houston...go back to where you came from

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hate to be the one to tell you this, but I thought it wasn't allowed to post stats on the forum (because there actually are people who'd rather copy it frim the forum then spend a few pounds/dollar/euro on a codex). Just thought I'd warn you, your battle report was very good !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks for the warning Squeak. I only posted the stats becasue they are all already availble online, the Sisters of battle dont have a printed codex, and No one knows very much about them. Oh yes and my apponent was an experianced guard player, but wasn't too great with handling space marines. I also build a Space marine army, but this was actually one of the very few times I wasn't facing my own space marines. He had borrowed his ultramarines from someone else. For a cleanse, he would have been much better off with a couple full squads of ten marines. Also he split his force in half when he advanced with the rhino and th assault marines. If I where him, I would still have deployed the death watch, but I would have filled the rhino with marines who have power weapons and power fist. I would have filled out the assault squad if I didn't deploy the DeathWatch, and then I would mess the sisters up in Hand to Hand. maybe the Landraider would have been a good I dea if he deployed it more forward and put Terminaters in it. I would have been SCREWED if Terminaters assaulted my front line. Close Combat with Space Marines is not the happy place for the Sisters of Battle. Close combat with any one other than Tyranids, Necrons, Orks, and Space marines is fine. Its that whole Idea of only wounding on a 5+ that really hurts the sisters in close combat.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had a battle Later that day with the guy who actually owned those ultramarines. He put up a good fight. it was a 1000 point battle (he didn't deploy the Landraider) and we tied. It was so close though. If I had moved a squad earlier(because they where 2" from owning a corner), or if I had killed two more marines in his last squad above 50%, I could have won, but we only Tied. Does any one want to hear that Battle Report?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There is nothing wrong with a Land Raider in a 750 battle by the way, I took one vs Space Wolves, it was quite effective, especially when the Vet.Tactical Squad disembarked in the 3rd turn. Oh and KillTeams are oh! so effective vs Orcs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A thunder hammer killing 20+ sisters and still live? Mad
    What I always do with my salamanders is I give my chaplain a jump pack thunder hammer termiehonours and join him to an assault squad. Lots of people think im an idiot for putting in salamanders assault squad, until the chaplain kills half their army. I still remember the time when my chaplain was the only guy left in my army and I killed 2 land raiders and a blood claw pack.

Thunder hammers rule all

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I dont doubt it. When I play sisters of battle, I dont doubt the power of a space marine, who usually has higher initiative, higher str, better weapons skill. When the average troop choice for marines are comparable to my hq choice, I tend to run in terror when a librarian or Force commander has a jump pack and is out to get me. "they are the gate Keapers. Every one who has held their ground against them has died."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Acts of Faith rock. I Passioned with a five-Sister squad PLUS a Sister Superior with a power weapon PLUS a Confessor (so I could reroll misses) PLUS a Canoness with a power weapon
    Attacks
    Sisters: 5+5(passion)+5(charging)=15
    Superior: 2+1(extra weapon)+1(charging)+(passion)=5
    Confessor: 3+1(extra weapon)+1(charging)+1(passion)=6
    Canoness: 3+1(extra weapon)+1(charging)+1(passion)=6
    Total: 32
    Remember, I could reroll misses, and 11(&#33 of those attacks were power weapon hits. Plus they were all at Initiative 5 or 6. It was a bloodbath, especially as I was charging just a unit of Guardsmen.
    Si em, tow en can de lach.
    Tak! Tak! Tak ah wan, Tak a lah!
    Mi tow, can de lach.
    Mi him, en tow.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast