Local Tourney - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Local Tourney

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Local Tourney

I played in a local tourney recently, 1500 points, 3 rounds. I ended up having to run it because the Outrider bailed. Here's a cliff notes style rundown. I was playing my usual Ulthwe Striek Force list.

Game 1
    Me vs. Tyranids

Setup
    I had a small forest that had my D-Cannons, Seer Council and Vypers behind it and my War Walkers in it. He had two medium forests in the middle, sloping down and a small foest that was in the back corner. He set up everything 12" and Infiltrated his Broodlord and co.

Game
    I moved my Council up into the forest and shot all my guns at the Broodlord squad, killing all the 'Stealers and putting a wound on the BroodLord. He ran everything up and fleeted as well. That was it. I Got all my reserves ready and shot the nearest Hormagaunt squad reducing it to 4 Gaunts. I also managed to wound the Hive Tyrant twice. He moved everything up further and assaulted my Walkers with his 4 man Gaunt squad. They killed 1, took no damage and the remaining 3 died from Fearless. I moved my Council up more, dropped the Gate and shot at his other Genestealer squad, killing it and also killing the Hive Tyrant witht he help of a lucky scatter. My opponent didn't like how the game was going, said he couldn't win and started just messing around. He basically let me kill everything on the board with shooting and assault. I didn't count it as a good game because of the early give-up, but a win is a win sometimes I guess. :/

Game 2
    I played a friend's Black Templars with his new list. I had another forest to hide in and so did he. He had a small forest pushed up on my left and a forest in the middle right. I deployed same as last game. He placed his Crusader up 12" on the middle, Rhino up 12" on the right, Jump Infantry up 12" on the middle and his Predator and Vindicator on the left back a little. He got first turn :'( and moved all the transports and Jump guys up 12". The Vindicator moved up behind the woods and the Predator moved down the flank. He shot my Vyper with his Predator (I deployed it badly ><) but lucky only got a glancing 1. The Crusader blew up 2 Walkers (NOOOOO!) and that was it. I jumped the damaged Vyper behind cover more and used the other to shoot his Crusader and even with my forgetting Blessed Hull I blew off the Assault Cannon. The Seer Council jogged forward, cast Guide on the Cannons and Fortune on themselves. The Walker killed 1 Jump Infantry and the Cannons blew up the Rhino but the occupants were unpinned. Next turn he advanced the Crusader some. The Jump guys moved towards the Council and the Rhino squad moved 3" through terrain. The Vindicator moved into the woods and shot at the Council but scattered harmlessly away. The Predator shot at the Council but to no effect. He now realized he forgot to disembark the Crusader sqaud and seeing the Jump guys out of range to assault, he ended his turn. I got all my Reserves except 1 Guardian squad and advanced my Council. The Vypers, jumped up, blew off the Demolisher Cannon and jumped back. The War Walkers killed another Jump Infantry and the Council cast Guide on itself. The D-Cannons shot at the Crusader but only succeeded in killing 1 of my Warlocks. Ugh. The Council dropped the Gate and assaulted the Jump Infantry. I killed 5 (wow) and he killed none, but held on as he was Fearless in CC. His next turn, the Crusader squad jumped out and the Master seperated from them. The Rhino squad finally got out of terrain and moved towards the Crusader. The Vindicator immobilized itself in terrain and the Predator moved to shoot at my D-Cannons, killing 1 crew. The Crusader shot at the Walker but with no effect. I just started realizing that his Crusader squad had surrounded my Gate in a way that I wouldn't be able to bring the Guardian squads into play! The Master assaulted my Council to help out the Jump boys. In combat the Council killed 1 Jump boy and nothing else happened. My turn came and I got all the squads ready and realized my Avatar could still jump out! He came out and prepared to assault the squad surrounding the Gate. The Vypers failed to hurt the Predator, the D-Cannons blew up the Crusader and the Walker declined to shoot. My Avatar charged and put a wound on the Emperor's Champion, took a wound back and forced the squad to Pile In, freeing up the Gate. The Jump Infantry lost two more members but I lost a Farseer. He started his turn by shooting away both D-Cannons and 2 crew with the Predator, leaving just a lone crewman who passed his Ld test. In combat the Council killed another Jump boy but lost a Warlock. The Avatar killed 2 Marines but took another wound from the Champion. In my turn I moved my 3 Storm Guardian squads out and prepared to counter attack. The Vypers failed to hurt the Predator again. The lone Crewman ran forward for no reason. One guardian squad moved to help the Council, one moved into towards the Rhino squad and the last one moved to reinforce the Avatar. I skipped shooting and in combat, I swung the game to my favor. The Avatar and co. killed all the marines bar the Champion, who passed his Fearless saves. The Guardians killed the last Jump boy and put a wound on the Master, who killed 2 Guardians back. The Rhino squad lost 2 members and killed 2 Guardians back. His next turn, he shot the Predator at the Vypers and did no damage. In combat the Avat was reduced to 1 wound and the Champion was unhurt again! The Guardians were out of the combat now and moved towards the Rhino sqaud and the Avatar squared of with the Champion. The Council and Guardians killed the Master from wounds and Fearless rule and the Rhino sqaud lost 1 member to me losing 4 Guardians back, but they held. My turn, I used the Council and the free Guardian squad to blow up the Predator and Vindicator respectivley. The Avatar died and the Champion happily moved towards the D-Cannon crewman. The Rhino squad lost all it's members from wounds and Fearless ><. The Champion went on to kill the Crewman and than die to Shuriken Pistols.

Game 3
    I didn't have one as 2 people dropped from the tourney mid-tourney and this created weird matchups/tie-breakers. I ended up tying for 1st with a DeathGuard player.

Sorry this wasn't well written but it's late and I'm tired .

3+ saves are for newbies :)
    Ulthwe Strike Force 22/0/1 *Retired*
    Emperor's Children 4/0/0
    *Retired*

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah I would have played in that tourny but alas I did not bring my BA to the store...:cry:

I liked the game you had against the Black Templar player but I didn't catch your last game against the Death Guard..,you'll have to fill me in:yes:
    I you kill a man your a muderer,
    If you kill ten men your a hero
    and if you deFete an army you are legend.

You must look>>>http://the-last-chancers.tripod.com/ Join!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I didn't play the Death Guard I tyed with him for 1st.
    Emperor's Children 4/0/0
    *Retired*

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    48 (x1)

I got all my Reserves except 1 Guardian squad and advanced my Council.
    The Crusader shot at the Walker but with no effect...

... My turn came and I got all the squads ready and realized my Avatar could still jump out!
    Am I missing something, or do the reserves in the Webway automatically come the turn they are able to? As I read your report all of your reserves (minus one guardian squad) were available, and the portal was deployed. If so, all you reserves would have had to come out the webway on the turn the portal was blocked, and thus all been killed with the possible exeption of the Avatar. I don't think you can chose to keep available reserve units in the webway.

I don't have my books ready at hand, but if I recall correctly that is the way it is done.

Arizzar
    If the radiance of a thousand suns
    Were to burst at once into the sky,
    That would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...
    I am become Death,
    The shatterer of Worlds.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

as i read the rules that doesnt happen. it would just wait otherwise youd be able to stop reserves and those things by making a loose line and saying "oh its dead" it doesnt actually mention any rules like that outside DS but id imagine if you cant deploy them they'd jsut wait, otherwise it would create a to overpowering weakness. i should look into it though because nothing actually addresses it
    Emperor's Children 4/0/0
    *Retired*

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    48 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by Black Guardian
    as i read the rules that doesnt happen. it would just wait otherwise youd be able to stop reserves and those things by making a loose line and saying "oh its dead" it doesnt actually mention any rules like that outside DS but id imagine if you cant deploy them they'd jsut wait, otherwise it would create a to overpowering weakness. i should look into it though because nothing actually addresses it
    Unless you can deliberately chose not to have your reserves enter the turn they become available I would say that it is possible to kill them by blocking the exit. IIRC there is nothing in the rules that lets you suspend reserves until you want/need them. The only thing that comes close is actually having a webway portal and not deploy it until. Then the troops will become available and enter play the turn after you deploy the portal.

You are right that this is a weakness, but I would hardly call it overpowering. It ofsets the huge benefit you can gain by having half your army pop up right in the face of the enemy. And if you know it beforehand it should certainly be possible to avoid or at least make it difficult for the opponent to block the exit.

Arizzar
    If the radiance of a thousand suns
    Were to burst at once into the sky,
    That would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...
    I am become Death,
    The shatterer of Worlds.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thats true i shouldnt have said overpowering. im gonna email someone about it because it could go either way. better to know than have it sprung on em at a bad time.
    Emperor's Children 4/0/0
    *Retired*

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Waystone can help u to reroll a single reserves-roll per turn, as long as the psyker himself is in reserves. Other than that, if u have placed the portal, your reserves just come in, and if they have no place to go, then...it is bye-bye to them. All placing rules for Deep Strike apply as there are no new rules included for that in EoT:base-to-base-conctact-circle, 1"-away-from-enemy, no-placing-on-impassable-terrain.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    99 (x5)

When you played the BT you said the squad which was in the Rhino when you blew it up was unpinned.

If you blew the transport with the squad inside they would automaticaly be entangled.

Nice pair of games.
    Every time you read this sig: a fairie dies!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No your only entangled on a Penetrating 6 or at least that's how the Damage Chart reads to me, I'm never exactly positive of anything. Thanks for the compliment.
    Emperor's Children 4/0/0
    *Retired*

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast