Biel-tan Eldar vs. Thousand Sons, Gamma Seek and Destroy - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    85 (x1)

Biel-tan Eldar vs. Thousand Sons, 2000 points, Gamma Seek and Destroy

BIEL-TAN ELDAR VS. THOUSAND SONS, 2000 POINTS, GAMMA LEVEL SEEK AND DESTROY
    Dusk and Dawn did not occur

THE ELDAR OF CRAFTWORLD BARSOOM (BIEL-TAN LIST)

Karandas
    Scorpion's bite, biting blade, crushing blow, scorpion claw, stealth, surprise assualt

Fuegan
    Fire axe, burning fist, fast shot, fire pike, melta bombs, tank hunter

Guardian Defender Squad
    7 defenders wtih shuriken catapults
    1 warlock with shuriken pistol, rune armor, close combat weapon, and embolden
    1 starcannon platform with 2 crewman
    (There is a problem with the list, in that you cannot have a warlock without a farseer. The list has now been changed to fix my dumb mistake, but this game was played before the issue was pointed out.)

Striking Scorpion Squad 1
    8 striking scorpions with mandiblasters, chainswords, shuriken pistols, and haywire/plasma grenades
    1 striking scorpion exarch with mandiblaster, shuriken pistol, scorpion claw, and haywire/plasma grenades
    1 wave serpent transport with twin-linked brightlance and spirit stones

Striking Scorpion Squad 2
    9 striking scorpions with mandiblasters, chainswords, shuriken pistols, and haywire/plasma grenades
    1 striking scorpion exarch with mandiblaster, shuriken pistol, scorpion claw, and haywire/plasma grenades
    1 wave serpent transport with twin-linked brightlance and spirit stones

Fire Dragon Squad 1
    5 fire dragons with fusion guns and melta bombs

Fire Dragon Squad 2
    5 fire dragons with fusion guns and melta bombs
    1 fire dragon exarch with fire pike and melta bombs

Dark Reapers
    2 dark reapers with reaper launchers
    1 dark reaper exarch with eldar missile launcher and fast shot.

Vyper 1
    Starcannon and twin-linked shuriken catapults

Vyper 2
    Scatter laser and twin-linked shuriken catapults

Falcon 1
    Pulse laser, starcannon, twin-linked shuriken catapults, holo field, spirit stones

Falcon 1
    Pulse laser, starcannon, twin-linked shuriken catapults, holo field, spirit stones

THE THOUSAND SONS FORCES

1 Daemon Prince of Tzeentch
    General, sorceror, mark of tzeentch, daemonic rune, dark blade, warp focus, bolt of change, terminator armour, eye of tzeentch
    4 chosen terminators retinue with mark of tzeentch, terminator armor, bolt of change (x4), power weapon (x2), combi-bolter, and a powerfist.

Rubric 1
    8 favoured rubric marines with close combat weapons and bolters, tzeentch icon of chaos, mark of tzeentch, daemonic essence, and rubric sign.
    1 aspiring champion with sorceror, bolt pistol, power weapon, frag grenades, mark of tzeentch, daemonic aura, warp focus, and bolt of change

Rubric 2
    8 favoured rubric marines with close combat weapons and bolters, tzeentch icon of chaos, mark of tzeentch, daemonic essence, and rubric sign.
    1 aspiring champion with sorceror, bolt pistol, power weapon, frag grenades, mark of tzeentch, daemonic aura, warp focus, and bolt of change
    1 rhino with combi-bolter, havoc launcher, pintle combi-flamer, and smoke launchers

Favoured Chosen of Tzeentch
    8 favoured chosen with mark of tzeentch, bolt pistols (x6), close combat weapons, frag grenades, plasma gun, and plasma pistol.
    1 chosen aspiring terminator champion with power weapon and close combat weapons, sorceror, mark of tzeentch, daemonic resilience, daemonic strength, wind of chaos, terminator armor, chaos hound, and eye of tzeentch.

Screamers
    5 screamers with claws and fangs, daemonic flight, and furious charge.

Defiler
    Battle cannon. heavy flamer, reaper autocannon, indirect fire, daemonic possession, mutated hull, and parasitic possession.

Dreadnought
    Twin-linked lascannon, missile launcher, fire frenzy, mutated hull, parasitic possession, smoke launchers, and corruscating flame.

The eldar and chaos marines had fought pitched battles back and forth across the ruined world for months. Though both sides had sustained staggering losses, neither showed any sign of withdrawing off planet. The battleground was of questionable value, but the conflict had become a grudge match. Retreat was not an option; the opponent had to be destroyed or every previous sacrifice was for nothing.

DEPLOYMENT
    Bill won the roll for table sides and picked the side that gave him some substantial cover, especially a large structure that protected his defiler. I won the roll for first turn. I must admit that I was petrified of him getting first turn and completely annihilating one of my vehicles (with unit inside) with the battle cannon. Not a happy thought.

My plan is to engage each rubric squad with a group of scorpions. My large number of attacks and powerfists should do the trick of working through the fact that each has two wounds. The chosen squad does not worry me very much, because I cannot understand why Bill did not take either possessed instead or more rubrics. He must have wanted the mobility. I am going to shoot the heck out of that prince and his terminators, because they could be nasty. Fuegan and his squad's priority is destroying the defiler. The other group of fire dragons' priority target is the dreadnought.

The map after deployment

Symbol Legend

Picture of the board after deployment

The members of Rubric 2 were stoically resting on the rhino's troop seats, not even bothered by buttocks long since numb and painful from the travel over uneven terrain. A flurry of explosions signaled that the battle was off and running. The rhino took several hits within seconds, two of them from lasers that burned invisibly through the armored transport. The only reason the marines knew they were under fire was that two large holes, with molten metal dripping down, appeared in the walls. Then the rhino lurched to a stop, a terrible sound coming from the engine. The access hatches were dropped and the thousand sons devotes charged out into a lethal hail of plasma and laser fire. One member of the squad was struck down, while another's arm was blown off at the elbow. All instantly tried to find some cover from the incoming fire.

ELDAR TURN 1
    All units move up, except the vypers. The jetbikes start dashing back and forth along my board edge, because their job is to stay back (out of 24" range) and pepper the chaos marines with starcannon and scatter laser fire. Wave Serpent 1 hits the rhino, but does not penetrate. Wave Serpent 2 kills a terminator. The scatter laser vyper also hit the rhino three times, destroying the havoc launcher and stunning it with a penetrating hit. The penetrating hit made Rubric 2 bail out of their transport. I fired on Rubric 2 with Falcon 2, but Bill had cover saves and made them all. They did not have cover saves from the guardian squad, who caused three wounds with the starcannon. One rubric marine came off and another was wounded. The starcannon vyper continued firing at that unlucky squad, but Bill again made his cover saves. Falcon 1 hit the defiler once, but did not penetrate the armor. The dark reapers fired on Rubric 1, killing two.

The vyper's gunner was traversing his scatter laser to fire on the marines that issued forth from the rhino when an artillery shell actually struck the jetbike mere inches from his feet. The high explosive, dual-purpose shell detonated and shredded the frail eldar vehicle. Both crew members were killed instantly. It was a miracle their spirit stones, nigh invulnerable though they might be, survived the explosion.

THOUSAND SONS TURN 1
    The defiler's battle cannon destroys the scatter laser vyper. The dreadnought hits Falcon 2 with both weapons, causing a stunned result that the spirit stones reduced to shaken. Rubric 2 missed Falcon 2 with a bolt of change. The lord and his retinue nailed Wave Serpent 1 with bolts of change, but the spirit stones negated the shaken result. Rubric 1 missed Wave Serpent 2 with their bolt of change.

The map after turn 1

Picture of the board after turn 1

Emerging from the smoke pouring out of the rhino's ruined crew compartment, the lord and his retinue pressed forward. An imperative motion of his hand caught the eye of the champion leading Rubric 2. "Get up and move forward. Stay here and the damned eldar will just pick you apart one at a time." the lord told him. The champion watched incredulously as the terminators continued moving forward, though two were holed through by incoming fire and dropped to the ground. The other terminators did not even seem to notice.

ELDAR TURN 2
    Falcon 1 hits the chosen squad one time with each of its weapons, but the starcannon and pulse laser fail to wound. However, Bill fails the save against the shuriken catapult wound and loses a marine. The dark reaper exarch kills a member of Rubric 1. The starcannon vyper fires at Rubric 1 and misses all three shots. Wave Serpent 2 kills another member of the terminator retinue. Wave Serpent 1 stuns the dreadnought. The starcannon platform kills another terminator.

The wave serpent glided forward. Inside, the scorpions were nearly ready to leap out and destroy the marines who had taken cover near their damaged rhino. From the black smoke two powerful bolts of warp power lashed out, scouring armor off the wave serpent and causing one engine to explode. The transport crashed hard, one side nearly shearing off on impact. Five scorpions and Karandras emerged from the tangled wreck. The phoenix lord suddenly grabbed one scorpion by the arm and jumped backwards, then a gout of flame enveloped two other eldar. Jellied fuel coated their armor, burning through and roasting them alive. It was a very painful way to die. Inside the rhino, the chaos gunner chuckled.

THOUSAND SONS TURN 2
    The lord and retinue hit Wave Serpent 1 with two bolts of change and immobilize it, causing it to crash. Four scorpions die in the crash and the rhino flames another two to death. The defiler's battle cannon scattered just enough to miss Wave Serpent 2. Rubric 1 hit Wave Serpent 2 with a bolt of change, but did not beat the armor. The same result happened when Rubric 2 hit Falcon 2 with a bolt of change. The chosen poured plasma fire down onto Falcon 1 and destroyed its pulse laser.

The map after turn 2

Picture of the board not available.

The gunner's thoughts raced across the falcon's limited infinity circuit to the pilot in nanoseconds. Brothers in arms for years, the pilot instantly understood what was needed. The eldar tank was amazingly swift, cutting back and forth in front of the dreadnought so quickly that the chaos war machine blazed away with no hope of actually hitting it. The last pass was at an angle that took the falcon behind the dreadnought. Whipping the skimmer around and causing enough g-forces that his pressure suit compressed his legs to prevent blackout, the pilot gave the gunner a clear shot at the dreadnought's rear before it could turn. The pulse laser cut through the walker's armor and found the missile ammunition magazine. The dreadnought detonated in a spectacular explosion.

ELDAR TURN 3
    The dark reapers fire into the chosen squad, killing three after Bill only passed one cover save. Wave Serpent 2 moved up to get an angle on the defiler, hit and penetrated, but got a stunned result (which the defiler ignores). My starcannon vyper missed all three shots at the chosen squad. The starcannon platform also fired on the chosen, but the cover save cancelled the single wound caused. Fire Dragon 2 jumped out of Falcon 2, fired on the lord and retinue, but Bill made both invulnerable saves against the two hits I managed. Falcon 2 moved behind the dreadnought and destroyed it with the pulse laser.

Disoriented and scrambling away from the flamethrower that was licking at the wave serpent's wreckage, the striking scorpions never saw the chaos lord and his last terminator bodyguard coming. Karandras tried to block the lord's attacks with his biting blade, but the thousand sons' general was armed with a powerful demon weapon. It cut off the phoenix' lord's arm at the shoulder with the first swing. Each additional cut or thrust only covered the chaos lord in more gore as he gleefully dismembered his opponent.

THOUSAND SONS TURN 3
    The lord and retinue charge Karandas and Scorpion 1 and wipe them out, taking only a single wound on the lord from the exarch's scorpion's claw. Rubric 2 moved up to rapid fire at Fire Dragon 2, killing five and only leaving the exarch. His chosen fire on my surviving vyper, losing one marine to overheating, but missing the vyper entirely. The defiler tried to hit Falcon 2 with the battle cannon, but it scattered too far. Rubric 1 missed Wave Serpent 2 with their bolt of change. The screamers came in and assault my guardian squad, causing no casualties and losing one screamer in the fight. The unit ends up behind the large landing pad building.

The map after turn 3

Picture of the board after turn 3

Faced with certain death, the fire dragon exarch grimly set his feet and snapped off a shot at the closing rubric marines with his firepike. His target reacted exactly how anyone would act when cooked by a beam of superheated atoms. The marine went into an immediate state of rigor mortis, even as his power armor melted away and his cursed flesh blackened and burned.

ELDAR TURN 4
    Fire from the dark reapers kills two more chosen. Fuegan and Fire Dragon 1 deploy out of Falcon 1 and the phoenix lord's firepike destroys the defiler. The falcon killed one member of the chosen squad with a starcannon shot. I boost Wave Serpent 2 to the east to try and stabilize my situation on that side of the board; it's brightlance immobilizes the rhino. The starcannon vyper goes after the screamers, killing three of them. The exarch from Fire Dragon 2 stood firm and toasted a marine from Rubric 2. The starcannon platform killed off the last member of the lord's retinue. Falcon 2 wounded the lord once.

The rubric marines opened fire on the fire dragon exarch from about fifteen yards away. A stream of heavy slugs knocked him down like a ragdoll thrown by a petulant child. Pain erupted from his left ankle and one round penetrated his helmet, but glanced off the curve of his skull. As the marines turned and walked away from their kill, the exarch struggled to his feet.

THOUSAND SONS TURN 4
    The lord ducks away to the east, taking cover from the starcannon platform behind the landing pad building. His bolt of change hits Falcon 2, but does not beat the armor. Rubric 2 causes five wounds to the fire dragon exarch in front of them (all bolters), but I make all the saves. The screamer is hiding out atop the building. The chosen jump out of the building, the champion killing one member of Fire Dragon 1 with his wind of chaos, then assault. I lose two more to the champion's power sword, while the single normal chosen falls to the fire dragons. Due to placement, Fuegan could not fight this turn(stupid mistake on my part, he should have been on the outside of the squad).

The map after turn 4

Picture of the board after turn 4

Limping painfully, because his ankle had been shattered by a bolter slug, the fire dragon exarch raised his firepike and blasted another chaos marine to cinders. The follower of Tzeentch fell down as the meltaweapon turned him into a charred corpse, with limbs locked in hideous death agony. Blood ran into the eldar's eyes from his deep scalp wound and his movements were slow, but he still struck the closest rubric marine a powerful blow with his weapon used as a staff. It was not enough to seriously injure the tainted product of the emperor's gene-seed. The marine knocked the wounded exarch to the ground, then fired a full clip into the eldar's head and chest.

ELDAR TURN 5
    The starcannon vyper cleans up the last screamer. Falcon 1 fires on Rubric 1, killing one and wounding 1. The starcannon platform was ineffective, due to Bill making the cover save for Rubric 1. I boost Wave Serpent 2 twenty-four inches to end up right next to Rubric 2 and the lord. The exarch from Fire Dragon 2 kills another rubric marine with his firepike, then tries charging and dies. Falcon 2 kills three more members of Rubric 2 with a good round of shooting. The dark reapers kill two members of Rubric 1. In the melee combat on the west side, Fuegan only hits the champion once (which Bill makes the invulnerable save) and is cut down by the champion hitting like crazy and causing four wounds with his power weapon. The two surviving fire dragons break and run, though Bill contacted them again during the consolidate and they turn to fight.

Another eldar transport was approaching at high speed as the lord and Rubric 2 turned away from the slain exarch. Stepping to one side, the lord whipped its port engine exhaust port with warp power. The engine shut down and caused the rear to hit the ground. The wave serpent dug into the earth, metal and wraithbone frame shrieking as it came apart. The striking scorpion exarch forced the exit hatch open with his power claw, then helped others exit the burning vehicle.

THOUSAND SONS TURN 5
    Rubric 1 hits Falcon 1 with a bolt of change, but cannot penetrate the armor. Rubric 2 and the lord manuever to get their best shots at Wave Serpent 2, hit it with two bolts of change, and bring it down with an immobilized result. Two scorpions die in the crash. The chosen champion kills a single fire dragon in their combat.

The map after turn 5

Picture of the board after turn 5

[i]The falcon tank skidded sideways as the gunner pressed the triggers and sprayed the rubric marines with pulse, starcannon, and shuriken catapult fire. However, not a single chaos and mon-keigh spawned atrocity was killed as the entire squad hit the deck. Some had holes blown out of the ground right next to their heads, but the eldar gunner missed causing a significant wound to any one of them. He heard his old teacher speaking to him, "Remember, pick a target and shoot at that. Do not simply spray fire into a group of your enemies and expect to hit them. Random bursts are good for one thing: keeping the enemy pinned down. To kill, you must look him in the eye and say, 'This is for you.'"

ELDAR TURN 6
    Boy did my turn suck. Falcon 2 missed all seven shots it had on Rubric 2! The starcannon vyper hit Rubric 2 once, but failed to wound. I also screwed up and moved it within twenty-three inches of the squad. The starcannon platform caused a single wound to Rubric 1. Falcon 1 killed a (already wounded) Rubric 1 with its starcannon. I tried to move my dark reapers because of the looming chosen champion, but screwed up my roll and only made an inch. The champion killed off the last member of Fire Dragon 1 in hand to hand and consolidated toward my dark reapers.

With a roar the chaos lord blasted the disoriented striking scorpions with a ball of warp energy that tore one apart, then charged. Dazed from the crash, they were cut down like children by the demonic blade. The sword sang a song of slaughter, of death and pain, as it swallowed the eldar's souls. Horrified, the exarch leaped onto a projecting strut of the ruined wave serpent and launched himself at the murdering lord. His scorpion's claw punched all the way through the chaos marine's armor, making a jagged hole a foot across in the thousand sons' leader. The exarch had to brace his free hand against the fallen marine to pull the claw free.

THOUSAND SONS TURN 6
    Rubric 2 shot down the vyper with a bolt of change. The lord blasted Scorpion 2 with a bolt of change to kill one, then charged and killed four of them. He died when the exarch hit with his scorpion's claw. Rubric 1 hit Falcon 1 with a bolt of change and blew off the starcannon. The champion charged my dark reapers, killing the exarch and the one reaper. The other reaper broke and ran.

The map after turn 6

Picture of the board after turn 6

REMAINING FORCES - ELDAR
    Falcon 1 (pulse laser and starcannon destroyed), Falcon 2 (undamaged), Scorpion 2 (three surviving), Guardian Squad (unharmed), Dark Reapers (one left, broken and running).

REMAINING FORCES - THOUSAND SONS
    Chosen Squad (champion alive), Rubric 1 (three alive), Rubric 2 (three alive).

VICTORY POINTS: Eldar 1673 points, Thousand Sons 1443 points. Eldar victory.

ELDAR DEBRIEF
    First thing, what a bloodbath!

Well, we did come up with three mistakes this battle. Some familiarity issues with Army Builder meant that Bill actually had about 2200 points. The use of Eye of Tzeentch was also done incorrectly, because we were allowing it to affect one to hit, one to wound, and one save roll per turn (instead of only one of the three). Also, we ended up letting the battle go for a seventh turn after losing track. The chosen champion caught the fleeing reaper and killed him, my starcannon platform and Falcon 2 managed to reduce Rubric 1 to only the sorceror (who refused to fail a cover save), while the remaining scorpion's wiped out Rubric 2.

I totally underestimated the close combat ability of both the lord and that chosen champion. They did a fantastic job of cutting into two units that are nasty in melee (Fuegan and Karandas). If I see that chosen squad again I will mark it up on the target priority list. I also screwed up by moving too close with my starcannon vyper and allowing it to be taken down by a weapon with twenty-four inch range (plus another one to six if Bill used warp focus).

Bill made use of cover very well on the west side. He stuck to it and used it and the extra wounds on his rubric marines to prove amazingly hard to kill. I probably would have been better served by loading both my scorpion squads and one fire dragon squad on the west side and using them to destroy Bill's forces there. I could have tried using ranged firepower to reduce the other thousand son units that were to the east.

I think Bill has a fair start with his list, but needs to do some tweaking. The chosen are a horribly expensive unit. If he wants something with more mobility, I would probably go for a unit of possessed with daemonic flight. He can also take some bolts of change with the possessed and they gain an invulnerable save not dependent on cover. I would also drop the retinue of terminators for the lord. Let the lord join a rubric squad, use those points (and others saved) to buy another squad of rubric marines and rhinos for all three. His rhinos should have smoke and extra armor, that is all.

The dark reapers are back in my army and here to stay. I do have reservations about them, because they are fragile and not mobile at all, but they hit hard. Checking the tally, it looks like they killed five rubric marines (ten wounds) and five chosen marines, all of which were in cover. Not bad at all. If only I had not lost them to that cursed chosen champion!

Comments and thoughts are welcome.

Last edited by Badmovies.org; March 22nd, 2006 at 15:31.
    Tyranids: Hive Fleet Kohr-Ah

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    708 (x8)

Very nice. Goes to show just how hard the Rubrics are at killing and how lethal their long range fire power can be. Even some of the the Eldar skimmers which are renowned for their stability were taken down.

However, and your opponents are going to start getting tired of me, but there was something I noticed about the Chaos list that was illegal. Did all of those Chosen have Bolt of Change? Only the Champions, if any are present, are able to take that power. The others are stuck with the standard powers avaliable to all Sorcerers. (I just know I'm going to get a few angry people about that one...)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Caluin, any reasoning for the "Chosen with Mark of Tzeentch cant take Tzeentch specific Psychic Abilities or Equipment"?

Well, i guess because it is in the "Armoury of Tzeentch" section, and Chosen cant take items from the Armoury. But, all other Psychic Abilities are in the "Chaos Space Marine Armoury"...
    So, if we accept your reasoning, than those poor Chosen or Possessed Sorcerers cant take a single Psychic Ability or Equipment.
    Too bad, that the "Independent Characters, Chosen and Possessed Chaos Space Marines" entry in the Book of Tzeentch say otherwise. ) (page 59 CSM)
    Last sentence of the entry: "Sorcerers may select from the Psychic Powers and Equipment section of the Armoury." (Now comes your reasoning that they arent Sorcerers?! löl)
    Hmm, and the starting line in the Armoury of Tzeentch: "The following items are added to the main Armoury but can only be selected by models with the Mark of Tzeentch."
    [Edit:] löl
    Heh, u will say that the "Armoury of Tzeentch" entries are added to the generic "Chaos Space Marine Armoury", thus the poor Chosen or Possessed cant reach Talisman of Tzeentch, Bolt of Change or Twisting Path, because they can only reach the "Psychic Ability or Equipment" part, not the generic "Chaos Space Marine Armoury". )
    Last edited by guardian22; March 22nd, 2006 at 16:42.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    708 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by guardian22
    Last sentence of the entry: "Sorcerers may select from the Psychic Powers and Equipment section of the Armoury." (Now comes your reasoning that they arent Sorcerers?! löl)
    Half right. Take that sentence and look at the armoury. Notice that there is a specific section that says "Psychic Abilities and Equipment." Note what spells and powers are in that list, and note that Bolt of Change is not. It is over under Gifts of Tzeentch.

Hmm, and the starting line in the Armoury of Tzeentch: "The following items are added to the main Armoury but can only be selected by models with the Mark of Tzeentch."
    They are. Look at the Armoury on page 14 and see how the've been added. Again, do you see Bolt of Change under the Psychic Abilities and Equipment section?

Heh, u will say that the "Armoury of Tzeentch" entries are added to the generic "Chaos Space Marine Armoury", thus the poor Chosen or Possessed cant reach Talisman of Tzeentch, Bolt of Change or Twisting Path, because they can only reach the "Psychic Ability or Equipment" part, not the generic "Chaos Space Marine Armoury". )
    Yes, that's right. Now you're getting it. Of course, the Champion may access those gifts, as he has unrestricted access to the armoury.

If you like to continue this discussion, start a thread in the Chaos forums. Let's not de-rail Badmovies.org's battle report.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    62 (x2)

I'm not a fan of the Tzeench list. I personaly really dislike any non rubric squad marked with Tzeench. The cost far outweighs the benifits. Also is there a reason why the Tzeench player didn't use Thrall wizards?

I'm sure he could get his list in some better shape if he posted it on the chaos army lists forum and had some constructive critisism.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

85 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by xrix1
    I'm not a fan of the Tzeench list. I personaly really dislike any non rubric squad marked with Tzeench. The cost far outweighs the benifits. Also is there a reason why the Tzeench player didn't use Thrall wizards?

I'm sure he could get his list in some better shape if he posted it on the chaos army lists forum and had some constructive critisism.
    Bill has many armies, all of which he put together based on liking the models. He is starting to tweak them now, but it definitely puts him at a disadvantage against the lists I use. Usually I figure out what I want in my army, then go about collecting the pieces and putting them together.

The rubrics are plain awesome for the points, probably even better than having plague marines with how tough they are to kill. Bill just needs to dump some things to get more rubrics and add transports. The bolt of change seems like a pretty awesome power to have in each squad.

Caluin, I do not have access to a Chaos Space Marine codex, but Bill's retinue was all Tzeentch terminators, all of which did have bolt of change. I can replicate that with my version of army builder (3.1, latest army files). Is this a flaw in army builder or some other issue?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

708 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Badmovies.org
    Is this a flaw in army builder or some other issue?
    I'm willing to bet it's a flaw in Army Builder. One of the many it has.

Note that it is possible to have Tzeentch Termies all with Bolt of Change, but they'll all need to be upgrade to Aspiring Champions first. Without the upgrade they don't have full access to the armoury, which means no Gifts of Tzeentch, which Bolt of Change falls under.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"If you like to continue this discussion, start a thread in the Chaos forums. Let's not de-rail Badmovies.org's battle report."

Sssh, u broke your own ruling.
    Not to mention, that i perfectly predicted your "argument"...
    Hmm, behold this and learn!

Scott Evil: It's no hassle...
    Dr. Evil: Sh!
    Scott Evil: But...
    Scott Evil: I'm...
    Scott Evil: All I'm say...
    Scott Evil: There gonna get a...
    Scott Evil: I'm...
    Scott Evil: I'm just...
    Scott Evil: Would...
    Dr. Evil: Sh!... Knock-knock.
    Scott Evil: Who's there?
    Scott Evil: But...
    Dr. Evil: Let me tell you a little story about a man named Sh! Sh! even before you start. That was a pre-emptive "sh!" Now, I have a whole bag of "sh!" with your name on it.
    A nice closing for your "argument".
    Yep, writers have a trick about not revealing information in advance, apply that to the Chaos
    Space Marine Armoury and the Armoury of Tzeentch...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

85 (x1)

"If you like to continue this discussion, start a thread in the Chaos forums. Let's not de-rail Badmovies.org's battle report."

Sssh, u broke your own ruling.
    Not to mention, that i perfectly predicted your "argument"...
    Hmm, behold this and learn!
    I am always amused and confused when people not only try to be trite and rude, but when the specifically do it to a moderator. Caluin was answering a question I had asked him about army builder and the chaos list. I never have a problem when someone corrects a mistake I have made with the rules - one of the reasons I post battle reports is for peer review of the rules. The other is hoping people will point out tactical mistakes I made.

Anyway, find a way to be a bit gracious, Guardian, it goes a long way in life.

Now, for things I think I did wrong in this battle.

Moving Scorpion 2 from where they were, ready to assault Rubric 1, was a huge mistake. I should have just left them there and wiped out the marines at hand in melee. That would have freed me to use the other units to shoot at Bill's forces to the east, trying to reduce them below scoring at the least.

Fuegan should have seperated from the fire dragons when they disembarked. Fuegan is perfectly capable of destroying a vehicle all on his own. Splitting him would have allowed me to engage both the defiler and the chosen in the building with shooting. It might have saved me that butt-whipping I got in the hand to hand.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The only problem I have is a pedantic one with the fluff.

"The members of Rubric 2 were stoically resting on the rhino's troop seats, not even bothered by buttocks long since numb and painful from the travel over uneven terrain."

Umm... Rubric Marines don't HAVE buttocks.
    Last edited by Revlid; March 25th, 2006 at 14:23.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast