Lost and the Damned (fallen angels) vs Imperial gaurd, 500pts - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    186 (x8)

Lost and the Damned (fallen angels) vs Imperial gaurd, 500pts

Yoss, your battle report and reason were enough motivation to get me to do the same since my LatD will be seeing action at Medusa V...

Fallen Angels and renegade PDF
    Battle-company captain Sigmund Halvdan (aspiring champion)
    -combi bolter
    -close combat weapon
    -power field (daemonic aura)
    -krak grenades

Renegade PDF (traitors)-heavy bolter
    -heavy stubber

Renegade PDF (traitors)
    -heavy bolter
    -heavy stubber

Gathered Angels* (chaos marines)
    Brothers Werner, Mertin, and Yannic
    -counter attack (points included for Sigmund)
    -furious charge (points included for Sigmund)

Hellhound
    -pintle mounted heavy stubber

Planetary Defense Force

Field Commissar Hung Bao
    -bolter
    -power weapon
    -carapace armour

Techpriest Cenek
    -heavy bolter gun servitor
    -heavy bolter gun servitor
    -Multi-melta gun servitor
    -plasma cannon gun servitor
    -signum

Armoured fist squad
    -heavy bolter
    -chimera transport
    -heavy bolter
    -hull mounted heavy flamer

Sentinals (2)
    -mars pattern (multi-laser)

Doctrines:
    -indepemdant commissars
    -restricted troops: techpriest

Notes:
    -the gathering fallen angels come one at a time, so instead of follwing the normal min limit for a squad a D6 was rolled for the number that could be used. I only managed a three but that would do for this game.
    -because the PDF and gaurd are not structured identically, the normally required infantry platoon per armoured fist squad was removed and the PDF were only required to bring in one troop choice instead of two. (Something I regretted when I saw the servitors hanging out at the end of the field.)

Game length: No length but the game was finished by turn 7

Deployement:
    PDF lost the deployement role but they did manage to get the side of the board with cover. So with priest Cenek and his gun servitors holding the rear behind sturdy cover, the sentinals and chimera were left to move up towards the barrier that had to be held. Commissar Hung would be accompanying the armoured fist unit led by Sergeant Karel Gijs.
    With both renegade squads taking up the flanks, the hellhound deployed in the middle of the renegade lines with the fallen set up right beside the vehicle. The four man group hellbent to stay as out of sight of the gun servitors and front of the chimera as possible. The renegades had been rallied ina hurry and had not been able to secure any major heavy weapons so the deadliest thing here was the high front armour of the chimera, next to the plasma and melta weapons of the techpriest. The renegades and fallen were forced to deploy out in the open, so if the heavy weapons of the Imperial PDF were not removed fast the followers of the fallen would be shredded before they could counter.

Turn 1
    PDF won first turn
    PDF
    Taking a final look out of his magnoculars, Hung spots one of the renegade units of PDF and yells down for the driver to head over to the barrier so the gaurdsmen can set up and mount a heavy resistance for the traitors. Gijs mans the chimeras heavy bolter turret and lets loose the emperors justice but his shots fail to find their target amongst the renegades. The sentinals move forward as well, laying down cover fire but failing to cause any damage with their powerful las weapons at such extreme ranges.
    Fallen
    Their enemy having made the opening move, Sigmund voxes over to the leaders of the renegade squads. Telling sergeant Marcel to hold his men back and take down the sentinals while sergeant Sigiswald is to move his men forward so he can find a better firing position. The hellhound rumbles forward, with the four dark angels at its side. Combined fire from the hellhound's heavy bolter, Marcels heavy bolter and his units heavy stubber fail to cause any damage to the sentinals; the bullets pinging off the light walkers armour like nothing.

Turn 2l
    PDF
    Continueing their move towards the barrier, the sentinal pilots and chimera again let loose another volley of las and heavy bolter rounds that see a man from each of the renegade squads fall. One man thoroughly pulped while the other fried beyond hope of saving. Cenek orders his plasma servitor to target the hellhound, the flames of the vehicle needed to be snuffed out before they had any chance of bing used against the serveants of the emperor. Calling up a prayer to the omnimessah for true aim, the lethal plasma shot hits the hellhound dead on but fails to do more than blacken the flame tanks hull.
    Fallen
    With the threat of the chimera looming ever closer, the four dark angels manage to find range with their ancient bolters and let loose on the weaker side armour of the transport. Despite their enhanced abilities the shots ricochet of the vehicles hull with nothing more than scratches. Again the renegades fail to do more than exemplify the ability of the sentinals to withstand their fire as the second unit of renegades again run forward.

Turn 3
    PDF
    Having finally reached the barrier, Hung and the gaurdsmen all but leap from the transport; throwing up heavy cover fire for the heavy weapon team to set up their heavy bolter. The open ground does nothing to help the renegades as the veteran PDF relentlessly fell one after another until six are dead. At the same time the sentinals turn their guns on the angels, taking down brothers Werner and Yannic and forcing Mertin and Sigmund to fall back with sergeant Sigiswald and what remains of his unit of renegades. A stupid move by the chimera crew blocks any hope of priest Cenek of hitting the hellhound with either his melta servitor or plasma servitor.
    Fallen
    Vengeance sweeping through the bodies of Sigmund and Mertin, the pair turn and spray the sentinals with bolter fire. Mertins shots find their mark as they embed themselves in the head of one of the sentinal pilots and bring it to the ground. Sigismund rallies his men on the spot, having them turn around and fire back at the veteran gaurdsmen with the support of the hellhounds flame-cannon. Six gaurdsmen die in the combined salvo of flames and las and commissar Hung is forced to kill sergeant Gijs to get the remaining gaurdsmen to control themselves. Sergeant Marcel and his heavy weapons fail again to harm th second sentinal but the momentum of the angels and renegades is beggining to take its toll on the PDF forces.

Turn 4
    PDF
    While Gijs death had been enough to keep his men where they were, it did nothing to improve their aim as the heavy bolter shots just fall short of the renegades. Using the vox built into his suit, Cenek yells for the chimera crew to get their vehicle out of his servitors way, but their heavy weapons fail yet again to harm the flame tanks hull. With the last sentinal pilot taking cover from incoming fire, the flank once held by the deadly liht walkers is on the brink of buckling.
    Fallen
    Switching targets from the sentinals back to the chimera, Sigmund and Mertin fail to cause more than light damage. Full fire from the renegades finally takes down the last of the gaurdsmen and leaves commissar Hung to hold the line on his own. Sergeant Marcel and his squad finaly find the weak points of the sentinal and bring it down in a balze of heavy fire that tears the walker apart. The hellhound rumbles everforward and fires a gout of flame into Cenek and his servitors followed by fire from the tanks heavy bolter, as the dust kicked up by the fire and shells clears both of the heavy bolter servotors and plasma servitor lie in heaps but the Cenek holds and prepares to order his melta-servitor for what may be its final shot.

Turn 5
    PDF
    The lines are at their breaking point, all that stand in the way of the renegades and traitor space marines are the chimera, commissar Hung, and techpriest Cenek. Bellowing an vow to execute each and every renegade, Hung fire shot after shot at sergeant Sigismund and his unit before a shot takes the life and head of the sergeant. Between the threat of being executed and the site of their sergeant dieing, the remaining renegades fall back from the fight. Ceneks melta-servitor fires a stream of deadly energy at the flame tank, sheering away a large section of the flame tanks treads; thoroughly immobilising the deadly tank just before it had reached the barrier. The chimera crew find brothers Sigmund and Mertin right in the path of their flamer and heavy bolter, of which the combined flames and heavy bolt shells hit Mertin full on as he jumps in front of Sigmund to keep the veteran captain out of harm. With only one marine left, the chimera crew charge their vehicle forward in an attempt to run the marine down and crush the leader of the renegades. To late do they see the folly in their move as Sigmund slams a krak grenade on the transports side, blong away at the treads in a fiery explosiong.
    Fallen
    Anger and rage flare through every fibre of Sigmunds being as he had seen all three of his brothers fall. Unloading his guns dual magazing, Sigmund tears a hole in the side of the chimera before lobbing in another of his grenades. This one explodes within the vehicle, obliterating the crew and damaging the inside of the transport beyond hope of repair. Turning his attention now to the commissar, Sigmund yells for the man to surrender or face the vengeance of the emperor for his vile deeds; the commissar retort being no more than for Sigmund to make peace with the vile chaos gods.

Turn 6
    PDF
    Even though he did account for more kills today than any other of the PDF, Hung knew that it would not be enough.Calling down for the emperors hand to guide him, Hung Leapt over the barrier and charged into Sigmund who met the commissar halfway into his charge. Ceneks servitor finally finds its mark as the multi-melta burns through the fuel tank on the hellhound and engulfs the tank in an explosion that instantly kills the entire crew. Hung and Sigmund fight one on one, niether man landing any kind of fatal blow but Hung does tear off one of the captains shoulder pads.
    Fallen
    Without wasting time, Marcel orders his men to fire on the techpriest and multi-melta servitor while they have the advantage of range. The fire of the heavy bolter and heavy stubber is enough to bring even the techpriest down, leaving commissar Hung alone to stand before Sigmund. Years on the backwater world decaying the commissars abilities ever so slightly are jsut enough to give Sigmund an advantage as he puts a bolter shell in the brave mans gut. To both their surprise and Hungs luck, the shell does not detonate but the move also makes Hung faulter long enough for Sigmund to get away from the deadly powersword.

Turn 7
    PDF
    In the service of the immortal emperor, their is only faith and trust in his will. Hung lands blow after blow against the captains arour, tearing great chunks of ceramite armour away but each time the power field barely saves the captain's life. Kicking the exhausted man back, Sigmund and Hung lock eyes for the first time and only then does Hung realize his folly. On his knees, the commissar pleads for the dark angel to end his life to atone for his mistake. Sigmund brings his chainsword up, and tells the man that his service to the emperor will see him through to the side of the golden throne; doing what he had believed to be right would never be his damnation, he finishes as he brings the weapon down and removes the commisars head from the rest of his body.

Aftermath:
    Fallen angels and renegade PDF have 506 civtory points while PDF have only 307. The margin for vicotry in this game was 199. In my book that is close enough regardless of size.

Anything learned from this battle:
    If I buy a pintle mounted heavy stubber then I better use it, perfectly good waste of twelve points.

It was a very fun game, that could have gone either way several times. I've rarely actually seen a game where this was the case, let alone been one of the people playing in it. By the end I was rather sad that I had won, because it comes across as a valiant stand for the PDF.

Last edited by darkreever; April 17th, 2006 at 17:24.

Take my love, take my land, take me to where I cannot stand; I don't care I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me.

"The difference between gods and daemons largely depends upon where one is standing at the time."- Lorgar
    Member of the Fluff Masters Clan

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Awesome battle report! That was a good win. Just wondering, what happened to the second chimera?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    186 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by broken_spoons
    Awesome battle report! That was a good win. Just wondering, what happened to the second chimera?
    What second chimera? There was only one in both the list and report as far as I remember.

Take my love, take my land, take me to where I cannot stand; I don't care I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me.

"The difference between gods and daemons largely depends upon where one is standing at the time."- Lorgar
    Member of the Fluff Masters Clan

+ Reply to Thread