1000 Snakebites vs 1000 Necrons - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1000 Snakebites vs 1000 Necrons

Well I went to play at a GW store the other day and I fought Necrons. I haven’t played my Necrons in quite some time (they are collecting dust in my room) and I forgot how annoying WBB is. Also I had never used a monolith and I loathed fighting it because I had forgotten that u cant roll 2D6 penetetration against it and tank hunters skill doesn’t work on it (woo tankbustas now I wasted points on them) Well here’s the report of our 1000 pt game. Also I played a Snakebite army twice that day because I had wanted to try something different then Kult of Speed. Also even though I know that Snakebites are required to have two hunta squads, I checked with whomever I played and they didn’t really care because I don’t own any shoota boy models. Also this is going to be my first “story like” battle report and I’m going to use a style I thought was very effective from the battle reports of badmovies.org (I thought this might keep the battle report a bit more entertaining) Also the mission was regular old annihilate. (And yes I like to add things as I go along, hence the amount of times the word “also” was used)

Snakebites

Warboss Tin ‘Ead
    Power Klaw, Choppa, ‘Eavy Armor, Bionik Bounce, Cybork Body (113)

Big Mek Cirkitz
    Mega Armor, Super Stikkbomb, Kustom Force Field, mounted in truck with grot riggers, rokkit and armor plates (102)

Troops:

10 Tankbustas with 3x rokkits (131)

20 Madboyz and Pigdock with burna and 2x styboyz (162)

20 Madboyz (140)

Heavy Support:

Battlewagon w/ 5 bolt on big shootas, armor plates, grot riggers, and force field (197)

Leman Russ w/ Hull Heavy Bolter (145)

Total: 1003

Necrons

HQ: Lord w/ staff of light, veil of darkness, resurrection orb (200)

Troops:

10 Warriors (180)

10 Warriors (180)

Fast Attack:

4 Destroyers (200)

Heavy Support

Monolith (235)

Total: 995

We deployed 24 inches apart with a 12 inch deployment zone.

Well I won the roll for deployment, so I elected him to deploy first. He put down his Warriors so they were out of LOS and his Destoryers nearby on the flank, and he was going to deepstrike the monolith.

I deployed the Madboyz with the Pigdok as frontward as possible in order to march forward. The Big Mek started behind them in his trukk in order to use the effects of his KFF on the Madboyz. The Warboss was positioned directly behind the Big Mek’s trukk, the tankbustas next to the Battlewagon on the left side of the Madboyz, and the non pigdok Madboyz squad behind the Battlewagon in order to embark first turn and get that BS 3 big shoota goodness. The Leman Russ was on a hill in the end of the deployment zone in order to be able to get a good position.

We rolled for first turn and I won and elected to go first. I attempted the doping for my Madboyz with the pigdok and they got it! (yey strength 5 fearless 7 point orks!)

And the battle begins!

Turn One:

Orks:
    Madboyz both make their “disturbed” rolls. Madboyz without Pigdok embark in Battlewagon, Warboss embarks in Big Mek’s trukk. Tankbustas and Madboyz w/ Pigdok move 6 inches forward. Big Mek’s trukk parks itself directly behind footslogging Madboyz, giving them the +5 cover save from the KFF. Battlewagon moves 6 inches forward. Battlewagon erupts big shoota fire from everywhere shooting at the Destoryers. After the dust cleared two destroyers fell. Tankbustas fire their rokkits at the two destroyers left, downing another one. Rokkit on the trukk fells the last destroyer.

“We krumped ‘dem weedy bots good boss” yelled a tankbusa boy to Warboss Tin ‘Ead over the roar of dakka being sprayed upon the Necrons. “Ya, I suppose ya boyz did!” shouted the Boss back. Im gunna krump dos bots dat shot da green dakka at me and put me in dis body, thought the Boss to himself. While the Boss was collecting his thoughts, the Pigdok was prodding the Madboyz on foot forward as the Madboyz in the Battlewagon were unmercifully blazing away at slabs of rock near the fallen destroyers.

Necrons:
    The WBB rolls resulted in two of the four destroyers getting back up. Then the Necron Lord veil of darknessed with the two squads of warriors up to the right of my Madboyz. Rapid firing their flayers (holy crap 40 shots!), even despite the saves from the KFF, they took down every Madboy and Styboyz except for the Pigdok! In since he is technically a madboy himself we counted him as fearless so he didn’t run. The destroyers then shot at the Battlewagon, one glancing hit, but it was saved by armor plates.

The Necron Lord raised his arcane staff, and suddenly, him and 20 metallic warriors’ teleported on the right flank of the Madboyz, unleashing blast after blast of gauss. The green flashes melted the thick hides of the ravenous Madboyz, leaving only the Pigdok in its wake. Furious, the Pigdok was readying his burna, when Warboss Tin ‘Ead yelled to him to hold his ground so they can all unleash a powerful WAAAGH! at once.

Turn 2:

Orks:
    Battlewagon moves full speed towards the warriors and the lord. All Madboyz disembark. Leman Russ pivots turret to shoot at the warriors and lord. Tankbustas advance 6 inches. Warrtruk drives towards the warriors and the Big Mek and Warboss disembark. Tankbustas fire on the Destroyers, knocking both out of the sky. The Madboyz fire their sluggas, downing two Warriors. Warrtruk fires rokkit, but misses. Leman Russ fires battle cannon, downing another nine Necrons (they were closely packed together due to deep striking) Madboyz charge and auto pass WAAGH! They down 7 Necrons , losing 3 in return. Warboss, Lone Pigdok and Big Mek charges, the Pigdok somehow pass WAAGH (double 1’s) and downs 2 Necrons Warboss uses klaw and does only a wound to the lord. Big Mek charges, takes a wound from the lord’s staff of light (due to striking at Init1) and then strikes down the Necron Lord.

“WAAAAGH!!!” shouted the horde of Madboyz as they flung themselves fearlessly at the remaining warriors. Brutal cleavers cut through flawlessly crafted metal and many warriors were pummeled. They managed to tug down three into the fray before they collapsed. The Necron Lord brandished his staff and struck Big Mek Cirtkitz upon the shoulder, sending him roaring into a state of berserk fury. He unleashed his mighty klaw and sent the Lord reeling backwards, landing with a crash unto the rocky surface.

Necrons: Lord gets back up (apparently res. orb works on himself also) as do 8 Necrons (damn bastards I just destroyed your entire army!) Rolls for monolith but it does not come (sweet!) Now they Veil of Darkness away (and I had them too!) and reappear behind my Leman Russ, and blow it sky high.

After a smash to the face, the Lord recollects himself. Lowering himself to one knee, the Lord swings his staff in a downward motion and shrouds him and the warriors in his cape, leaving a misty haze in their wake.

Turn 3:
    Orks: Madboyz fail “Disturbed” Test (Oh my god!) but luckily they roll a 6 so they get to move extra distance towards the Battlewagon to remount. The lone Pigdok mobs up with the rest of the Madboyz, who embark into the Battlewagon. The Warboss and Big Mek mount up into the trukk. Battlewagon pours big shoota dakka into the warriors after mounting up and moving 6 inches, downing 4. Rokkit from trukk misses. Tankbustas all miss.

“Get bak to ur wagon boyz!, Da hunt is on to catch dem weedy zoggers” shouted Warboss Tin’ Ead. He was familiar with fighting the Necrons, he knew their weedy tactics, and how they would teleport away until their mothership arrived… the monolith. Trying to impress the boss, the Madboyz started to trip over themselves in an attempt to be the first to reach the battlewagon.

Necrons: 2 Warriors get back up. Monolith comes (o boy!) Monolith fires particle whip on Battlewagon, utterly destroying it, and killing all the madboyz except for the pigdoks (oh the irony..mixed with just horrible rolling… I just lost 17 orks to entanglement!) The Warriors fire upon the warrtruk to no avail as does the Lord.

With a fell swoop of his staff, a hideous pyramid slowly and methodically descended from the atmosphere. With its landing came a ball of concentrated death that penetrated the armor of the Battlewagon, blowing it up and destroying all of its occupants except for the drug crazed Pigdok. “I love da smell of burnt ork in da morning,” thought the Pigdok to himself as he recollected himself.

Turn 4:
    Orks:
    This was my last chance to win this; if I can pull a phase out I could win this thing. Big Mek and Warboss disembark from the trukk after it moves full speed ahead. Tankbustas fire on the monolith, all three hit, and one glances, resulting in an immobilized result! Apparently it doesn’t crash even though it’s a skimmer though so now the horrid obelisk is still staring menacingly at the tankbustas. Trukk missed the warriors with its rokkit. Big Mek and Warboss charge the Warriors, and down them all, including inflicting the last wound on the Lord, and taking no wounds in return. So now there are 6 downed Necrons and the Lord. I just needed two to stay down and I won this thing.

“Un, Tu, Fiya!” yelled a tankbusta as him and two of his mates fired concentrated shrapenal at the horrid obelisk. All three hit their mark, but two harmlessly bounced off of the living metal. One found its mark however, and penetrated the crystal upon it, the monolith then sank harmlessly to the ground, and the tankbusta boyz let out a cheer.

Necrons: Only 2 get back up including the lord woo! But then something horrible… he can reroll them due to the monolith oh no! Fourantly only two more got up due to this and I snag the win!

Well what do you guys think, wasn’t that damn close?

“Krump first, assk qweztions neva'!"- 3000 Orks
    5/4/2
    Dark Eldar- 1500 1/0/0
    "the very gods for vengeance cry”- 3000 Dwarves
    3/1/1

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

The most glorious rainbow ever, Pleasuretown.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    67 (x3)

A couple of things wrong with this game:

1. Destroyers can't get back up if there are none remaining alive.
    2. Lord can only Veil one squad at a time.

Good game anyway, congrats on thw win!
    Quote Originally Posted by Brett on Quidditch
    I couldn't help but imagine some poor guy looking up to find a Badger hurtling towards him, about to wrap itself around his skull.
    [ 1500pt. Chaos List, C&C! ]
    -=W: 2 -D: 0- L: 3=-

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    134 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by Æther-MØØSE
    A couple of things wrong with this game:

1. Destroyers can't get back up if there are none remaining alive.
    2. Lord can only Veil one squad at a time.

Good game anyway, congrats on thw win!
    Exactly.

3. (Maybe) You didn't specify if the WBB from the 'Lith in the last Necron turn teleported the squad. I know it's a moot point, but say he made his WBB rolls. Three things you got to remember, only one squad can use the teleport for re-rolling WBB, they have to emerge from the 'Lith portal, and they initally need to be within 18" of the 'Lith. Your BR doesn't specify, but seeing how the Necron player cheated it made me wonder what else he/she was bending the rules on.

I play Necrons, it's situation like this that get people upset over WBB and other various aspects of Necrons. Don't knock the army, knock the player that doesn't understand the rules.
    Karmoon: "well.. any kore = good kore" 12:35pm PST 23 May 2007

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guys dont get mad at him the other palyter was cheating with his crons' ( unless he didnt know better) because some of those are big mistakes, well done dude, I am impressed the tank bustas seemed to have rolled well the whole game and I think that was a damn close victory on your part but it must have been a fun game. Your victory shoulde be even sweeter because he bent alot of things in that game which meant had he not done that imagine your victory!
    The gold grey knight man. These are hardy men who like cheese.

Ever thought of how cheese was found?:
    Brother captain
    `` I say sah, the milk in this barrel smells foul!``

Grand master:
    ``Oooohhh, give it a go!``

''Quack, damn you!''
    -Jamie heinamen, Mythbusters.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    134 (x4)

I apologize if my post came across harshly against the OP. That was never my intention. Obviously, in the face of the rules infractions, the OP performed well. Any chiding on my part is directed to the 'Cron player, though he/she may not read this. I do feel it is necessary to point out to the OP that he was slighted in his battle and that he should not let that skew his view of Necron players in general. Many of the people that seem to have a problem with Necrons have been exploited by those who are too ignorant of the Necron special rules or those who actively bend the rules.
    Karmoon: "well.. any kore = good kore" 12:35pm PST 23 May 2007

+ Reply to Thread