1500pts WITCH HUNTERS vs. BLACK LEGION - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    LO Oldie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    34 (x3)

1500pts WITCH HUNTERS vs. BLACK LEGION

Here we go off on another battle report…

1500pts Gamma Level Seek And Destroy
    Witch Hunters vs. Black Legion

ARMIES

WITCH HUNTERS
    Canoness: MC Eviscerator, Jump pack, Cloak of St. Aspira

10 Man Battle Sister Squad: Veteran Superior w/ power weapon, flamer, heavy flamer. Mounted in: Rhino: Extra armour, smoke

10 Man Battle Sister Squad: Veteran Superior w/ power weapon, flamer, heavy flamer. Mounted in: Rhino: Extra armour, smoke

10 Man Battle Sister Squad: Veteran Superior w/ plasma pistol, 2 meltas. Mounted in: Rhino: Extra armour, smoke

10 Seraphim: Veteran Superior w/ bolt pistol, eviscerator, BOSL, 2 w/ dual hand flamers

10 Retributors: Veteran Superior w/ bolter, 4 Heavy Bolters

Exorcist: Extra Armour

Exorcist: Extra Armour

BLACK LEGION
    Lord w/ S5, T5, Terminator armour, dual lightning claws, spiky bits (I think)

Sorceror w/ Terminator armour, dual lightning claws and mass mutation, spiky bits (I think)

5 Nurgle Terminators: 1 champion, otherwise no upgrades.

8 Man CSM squad w/ MOCU, 2 plasma pistols (1 on champion), lascannon, tank hunters

8 Man CSM squad w/ MOCU, 2 plasma pistols (1 on champion), lascannon, tank hunters

20 Man CSM squad w/ MOCU, 2 plasma pistols, furious charge, bolt pistols and ccw’s.

Defiler w/ mutated hull and indirect fire

BATTLEFIELD
    The table was 54? across and 48? wide (15? deployment zones, 24? separating each other. At the top left of my zone was a rather large terrain piece that wound around into about a quarter circle. Behind this and right was a small hill near the back of my zone. Up at the top right just forward of my zone was a medium sized building. Across form this there was a large set of ruins in his deployment zone. To my left of this was a trench.

DEPLOYMENT
    His 20 man CSM squad and sorceror deploy on my left flank near the top of his deployment zone. his defiler was in the back left corner. Each of his 8 man squads set up in his 2 terrain pieces in his deployment zone. His big lord was right behind the 20 man squad. Just forward of the hill on my left I set up my exorcist. Directly in front of this shielding it were 2 rhinos. the seraphim and canoness also set up on this left side. My retributors set up smack dab in the middle with good fields of fire. The other exorcist and the last rhino set up on my right side.

FIRST TURN
    I win roll for first turn yay!

WITCH HUNTERS TURN 1
    The left exorcist moves up and left 6? and draws a bead on the defiler. The 3 rhinos rush forward 12? the 2 on the left pop smoke launchers. the seraphim and canoness move up behind them into the terrain. The left exorcist lets loose 4 missiles, of which 3 get penetrating hits and send the defiler sky high! the retributors open up on the 8 man squad on the right and kill 3 from heavy bolter fire. the second exorcist lets loose 4 missiles which kill 2 from the 8 man squad on the left. He passes both morale checks.

BLACK LEGION TURN 1
    Both HQ’s and the 20 man squad advance. Then the chaos sorceror invites daemons to possess himself and his accompanying squad. The following mutation goes horribly wrong and 3 of his men fall from the effects. (he rolled a 1 for mass mutation) the 2 8 man squads shoot at the right exorcist and their shots immobilize the tank.

WITCH HUNTERS TURN 2
    The left rhino opens its back hatch and 10 battle sisters rush out and set up a firing stance on the left side of the 20 man squad. The seraphim fly to the right side of the same squad. Trusting in her battle sisters, the canoness bypasses the squad and makes a beeline for the lord. The middle rhino rushes up 12? and unloads its cargo on his right squad. The right rhino rushes forward as a reserve unit. Both the seraphim and the left rhino squad unload on the 20 man squad with their aim being divinely guided by the emperor and roughly 9 of the traitors fall. the exorcist on the left gives supporting shots and 2 more are obliterated by its missiles. The seraphim charge in and the canoness charges the lord. With my typical rolling the canoness gains her 2+ invulnerable save but I fail the +2 strength faith point… she’s only S6 ? nevertheless she inflicts 1 wound and takes one in return. The seraphim lose 3 of their number, 1 unfortunetly being the veteran (due to some bad placement she was the only one in kill range of the asp champion) but they kill 3 in return.

BLACK LEGION TURN 2
    The remnents of his two 8 man squads counter charge my middle squad, and kills 4 of my number in assault, but I pass ld. My canoness finally got the hits she needed with the eviscerator and cleaves his lord in two! My seraphim are finished off in close combat. his consilidation brings him into close combat with my left squad

WITCH HUNTERS TURN 3
    My canoness flies towards my middle squad in an attempt to save them. However, I fail spirit of the martyr but all his asp champion attacks miss! Combined with my squad in close combat, I wipe out the remaining four men from those two 8 man squads.

BLACK LEGION TURN 3
    His terminators fail to arrive via deep strike, and he kills my left squad in combat.

WITCH HUNTERS TURN 4
    My exorcist fires on his assault squad, now out of close combat. His number is reduced to 4. the rest of the infantry of mine mount back up in the rhinos to await his terminators.

BLACK LEGION TURN 4
    His terminators land behind my immobilized exorcist, and he combi bolters the back armour, blowing off the gun. He tries shooting a plasma pistol from his asp champion at my other exorcist, but to no avail.

WITCH HUNTERS TURN 5
    Both my middle squad (at half strength) and my right squad (full strength) race towards the terminators and jump out. Both squads unload everything they got; bolters, flamers, and meltas on the terminators. after the veterans call caese fire, only 1 terminator remained standing. My exorcist unleashes 6 missiles against his infantry squad while the retributors move away to avoid getting assaulted. after the dust settles only his aspiring champion is remaining (he put 1 wound on the lt. but failed his invuln)

BLACK LEGION TURN 5
    His terminator charges my full squad, and the plasma pistol overheated while attempting to shoot the exorcist one last time.

WITCH HUNTERS TURN 6
    I charge in my 5 man squad against the terminator with the canoness close behind. but low and behold, the lowly battle sisters take out the terminator with overwhelming attacks! Now we both knew his squad leader was screwed, but just so my rhinos could kill something I shoot both simultaneously and it kills him! hooray!

GAME

Result: No survivors of the black legion… complete victory for the sisters!

2000pts Orks 4-2-1

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice battle report. I specialy liked seing the sister go against chaos. Intresting read. I would have cut the 20 man squad in 2, so I could better manuver them and had an extra champion .....but thats just me. Also I think he got too many tank hunter vet. upgrades. And I'm kinda of new so don't pay much atencion. As for the WH list I see no flaws there...again new at this.

+ Reply to Thread