WH40K Final Round - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    186 (x8)

WH40K Final Round

Alright so after having to do the rolls for this battle twice now, (I lost the results for the first time but the outcome is the exact same) the results for the final battle is in; and the winner is.........no way that gets put up after I write the fight up...

The crowds atop the high walls of the arena roared in anticipation as they all eagerly awaited what was the greatest of he fights in the arena. Only two combatants remnained and now they would be fighting for the final win of the battle arena to claim rights as the best of the eight. Unlike before, the sky held a colour of crimson and the very air itself felt heavy with suspense; until finally the two entered the arena. To one side, in his ramshackle cobbled together and repaired mega armour, hobbled warboss Ruzzgut and his trio of useless squig hounds who to this point had done nothing but annoy the life out of everyone before Ruzzguts klaw finished the job. From the other end of the arena came the mysterious warrior known only as the Nameless Executioner, clad in his still damaged armoured and cloaked i n the torn and tattered hood that made sure to cover his face from all but did nothing to hinder his sight.
    Looking from side to side, Ruzzgut let out a wide smile before speaking, Uz goin' down ya scayud weak'un. Hidin' unda a hood, Iz'no afrayed a ya! Ruzzguts words sent the onlookers into a frenzy; but through the leering and cheering, words almost inaudable over the noise cut their way into the ears of everyone. Then lets go. In the entirety of the arena, the Nameless Executioner had gone without so much as a sound, but now he spoke and it stunned everyone save Ruzzgut who seemed incapable of being surprised by mere words alone.
    The Executioner dissapeared from his spot, a blur to even the fastest eye as he lunged forward to attack Ruzzgut. Unlike his other opponents, however, the burst of speed didn't catch Ruzzgut off gaurd and the silent marine's weapons clashed against the armour of the orks bionik limb in a shower of multicoloured sparks as daemonic energy met ork enginiuty. The limb proved its worth and Ruzzgut pulled the weapons over enough for him to bring his head down on his opponents and send the Executioner reeling back several steps. Both were undeniably large, but Ruzzguts armour still pulled him a full head taler than the Executioner. Get 'im damn ya or I'll burn yaz when dis is all ova! Ruzzgut snarled as his squigs lept into action from behind him, biting and clawing furiously at the armour of the Executioner. As always, the squigs proved to be able to do nothing at all as the Executioner recovered from the head bash and rammed the top of his daemonic axe square into the armoured gut of the warboss, shattering the heavy armour plating and letting loose the daemon trapped within to wreak havoc all its own. The daemon itself clawed and stabbed at Ruzzgut, its own eathereal claws finding it far easier to tear through the armour of its enemy than the squigs had.
    Ignoring the daemon tearing away at him, Ruzgut bellowed a massive warcry that quieted the crowd and sent the squigs away in fear before swiping madly wih his klaw. Though a large and cumbersome weapon for a normal person, the klaw seemed to move as fast as the Executioner and forced the silent warrior to rip his axe away before the mighty klaw could find purchase on the Executioner. Ruzzgut took a step forward and swung again with his klaw, forcing the Executioner to dodge again and again as swing after swing arced their way towards him. Just as it became apparent that the two were of equal speed, the Executioner twisted around another swing of the klaw and made a jab at Ruzzgut with his cleaver-like sword. In response Ruzzgut shifted his wieght and finally managed to hit the Exectutioner with the klaw square in the chest; tearing the cloak and shattering portions of the Executioners armour to reveal the bundle fibers that made up the inside of the armour and pulsating red skin that looked ready to burst with the muscle contained within.
    The momentum of the klaw sent the Executioner flying across the arena, bouncing twice as he hit the ground and landing him very close to one of the arena walls. At the same time, Ruzzgut turned his massive form and held the attered cloak that had hidden the face of the Executioner for so long, a face which held eyes that looked as though they saw nothing but at the same time everything, scars that marked hundreds of battles, and a tattoo-scar symbol of the Executioners patron god crested the top of his bald scalp. Bellowing a laugh, Ruzzgut began to run forward to finish the Executioner where he lay and claim the fight as another victory. For the Executioner, time began to slow as dooms charged forward while he got up from the ground. As Ruzzgut's charge brought him within an arms length, the bionik limb shot forward again, the pistons powering it far faster than the reflexes of the boss, and caught the Executioner in the face before tearing loose a part of his cheek. Without a change of expression, the Executioner brought his axe up from underneath the ork and ran him through from the middle where the armour had been destroyed before to the shoulder; as the axe left the orks body the daemon leapt out and embedded itself within the opening as it tore away for blood and pain from within the armoured shell of the mega armour.
    Life leaving Ruzzgut's beady eyes, the will to fight does not as the klaw slowly begins to rise; but falls before it can be thrust forward as the wieght of the mega armour becomes more than the dieing orks failing strength can hold back and he fals face first into the ground. Snatching up the cloak, even more torn and tattered than before, the Executioner holds up his weapons above his head and elicates an uproar of approval and cheers. Without uttering a noise over his win, the Executioner turns and leaves the arena.

Rolls:
    Executioner gets first action and charges
    Bionik arm: hits, wounds, saved
    Executioner: 4 hit, 2 wound, no saves allowed, mastery passed
    Squigs: 1 hit, 1 wound, saved
    Ruzzgut: 1 hit, 1 wound, causes two wounds
    Bionik: misses
    Executioner: 2 hit, 2 wound, Ruzzgut dies

Well, to tell the truth I wanted the Executioner to make it to the finals but I was rooting either Kal or Ruzzgut to win. So even I'm a bit let down that the boss failed to claim the win. Like the last six fights that I've written, this one was fun and I enjoyed it far more than the rolling part but it was a bit hard to try and write something that could truly be better than the rest.

Well for now, all I can say is congrats Cal and I hope to see many of you in the next battle arena.

Take my love, take my land, take me to where I cannot stand; I don't care I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me.

"The difference between gods and daemons largely depends upon where one is standing at the time."- Lorgar
    Member of the Fluff Masters Clan

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    45 (x2)

Wait, Instant Death does not cause 2 wounds only, it kills the opponent outright, I believe my Warboss won so could you check the rulebook because I am sure about this one. Good report anyway.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

186 (x8)

In the original sign-up thread it was agreed that instant kill weapons would inflict two wounds instead of killing the opponent outright. Lordlink brought up the same point when Ruzzgut killed Kal Malignan in one hit. (In which the two went on for another round where Ruzzgut still managed to kill Kal, though only barely...)

Take my love, take my land, take me to where I cannot stand; I don't care I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me.

"The difference between gods and daemons largely depends upon where one is standing at the time."- Lorgar

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    708 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by darkreever
    In the original sign-up thread it was agreed that instant kill weapons would inflict two wounds instead of killing the opponent outright.
    Are you planning on carrying that rule on to the next time you run one of these? Are you changing anything at all, or leaving it as is?

I have an idea for what I might enter next time, but it's more of a joke entry. Still potent, however.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

186 (x8)

Well like Xuy's WH arena, the winner of this arena is allowed to take part in the next one. However the seven other characters cannot be used in the next one.

I should have the second arena thread open later today or early tommorow.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

cool

i like the fight it was good. i read the other arena rounds and enjoyed it much. i thoght the ork was going to win the whole it toke me by surprise.
    P.S> is there going to be another anytime in the near future. I want to try out my Tau commander. I think he can make it to atlest the semi-round.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i would like the instdeath thing back cus i would love to feild my =][= in the next one but it's the only way she can win
    "take my love, take my land, take me to where i cannot stand, i don't care i'm still free you can't take the sky from meee" ;- firefly

"i'm gonna grant you your greatest wish i'm gonna show you a world without sin" ;- serentiy

"I am a leaf on the wind, watch how i soar" ;- serenity

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought that the ork was going to win it all, but in the end I clad that he didn't because he killed by character way to easy for my liking.
    «Ares is the only way to be happy.»

Know Arise a Knight, and go forth and take your vengence

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    72 (x1)

Where are the rules for this? I would like to enter a character.
    "War does not determine who is right - only who is left" Bertrand Russell

We bring only death, and leave only carrion. It is a message even a Human can understand.

W/D/L
    Eldar: 3-3-1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    134 (x4)

How about a slight points increase. I know the limit was lowered from 200 to 150, because Chaos could really load up on wargear, but it'd be interesting to see. Maybe increase to 170 or 175, just for kicks.
    Karmoon: "well.. any kore = good kore" 12:35pm PST 23 May 2007

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast