Campaign 03: Against Steel Legion & against Khorne. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Tactical Avante-Gard <E!_Mance>'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    108 (x6)

Campaign 03: Against Steel Legion & against Khorne.

I had to fight two battles at once. Managing both armies at the same time, made for a few confusing moves.
    Battle 1: Combat Patrol against Steel Legion
    5 Scout Bikers with Meltabombs.
    8 Scouts, one with Powerfist and pistol, 7 with chainsword and pistol.
    Captain with Storm Bolter, power sword, Bionics, and T Hon.
    AGAINST
    2 Squads:
    10 Guardsmen, veteran sarge In a Twin Heavy Bolter Chimera.
    1 sqaud had 2 flamers.

Battle 2: Defend objective against World Eaters
    Librarian
    War Priest
    Kentares IV
    Flamer Tactical Squad
    Melta Tactical Squad
    Land Speeder Wing
    Assault Squad
    Whirlwind
    Whirlwind
    AGAINST
    a Hidden Bloodthirster
    4 full sqauds of Berserkers (I'm assuming they were full)
    Special Character - deals two wounds per CQC hit, and re-rolls to hit.
    1 Defiler
    light possibly minimum strength possesed marines with wings.

Patrol
    Turn 1:
    SCOUT MOVE: I keep the scouts together. They move in an orderly fashion to the top of a hill and survey the area.
    Him first: He splits apart and team 1 digs in behind a trench, ready to fire support the other. Team 2 comes to a nicely guarded position and lets out it's troops. My force is behind cover so won't be shot just yet.
    Then I gun it with the bikes, bolting the troops of team 2 and assaulting them, they kill off the sqaud but are at the mercy of the Chimera. The Captain meets up with the footbound Scouts and just waits.

Turn 2:
    Team 2's Chimera tank shoots the Bikers, killing 2. The bikers fail their morale test (NOOO!). Team 1 sits pretty.
    The Bikers fall back and regroup. They are ready to go again, but the Bolters are innefective against the AV12 front. The footbound Scouts enter the woods which protected the bikers before.

Turn 3:
    Team 2 comes out of cover to shoot more Heavy Bolters at me. Luckily they don't kill any. Team 1 is out of sight, still stationary.
    The bikers charge again, assaulting the Chimera and meltabombs it into slag. The footbound scouts move foreward and stick behind the trench team 2 was sitting in.

Turn 4:
    The Guard Stay put, sneering at me.
    The Bikers turbo boost up to the trench Team 1 is hiding behind. They shoot a few guardsmen down then assault the side of the Chimera, eventually it's destroyed. The footmen split off from the Captain and run to the side and into more trees. The Captain moves past the trench.

Turn 5:
    The guardsmen try to fire Lasgun shots (of all things) at the bikers. They then assault and get slaughtered.
    Then My Bikers consolidate into the Guardsmen and run deep, tire-tread shaped holes in their heads. Game over.

Casualties - 3 Bikers.

Defending battle
    Turn 1:
    Me first: No reserves
    The Whirlwinds fire Castellans onto the largest entrance to my zone. Land Speeders jet as fast asd possible to the Defiler. All inantry mills around a bit. Kentares moves in front of the Whirlwinds.
    Khorne:
    Khornate Berserkers do their thing. Run at me. They've forsaken all powerful items in favour of just sheer number. The Defiler tries to kill my Land Speeders, the shot hits but doesn't destroy; one assault cannon is gone. Then the Possessed Marines flutter their way to my base. Special Character hidden in a Berserker sqaud.

Turn 2:
    My turn:
    The Land Speeders engage the Defiler and rend it's ass into the dust. The penetrating 5 it eventually suffered flipped it onto the Berserker stragglers. Total dead=1 defiler, 2 Marines.
    Whirlwinds fire more castellans, making a massive minefield.
    Infantry stays milling a bit. The enemy is still out of effective field of fire for my FotA. They stand before the tanks and wait, Kentares standing in front of them.
    Khorne's Turn:
    The berserkers are still trying to get to me and the Possesed marines are right next to me.

Turn 3:
    My Turn:
    Kentares lascannons a Possesed Marine and charges the rest with impunity. The Whirlwinds for even MORE castellans, nearly no clear way to get to me now. Those Land Speeders go to a nicely far away spot to lure the Berserker wave to my main defensive line.
    Khorne's Turn:
    The Berserkers are hit by about 50,000,000,000 mines as they run uncontrollably to me. The Possesed Marines get flattened by Kentares.

Turn 4:
    My Turn:
    Now don't get me wrong. I'm sure Khornate Berserkers in such a big number are deadly. But to me it's just a target-rich environment of "SHOOT ME!" yelling things. They can't even use tactics, he just went for brute force and it fails. They just run into my line.
    The Speeders opening fire with an Assault Cannon and 2 Heavy Bolters = 5 kills.
    Kentares and his Lascannon = 1 kill.
    All those mines plus the new ones = 14 kills. Another 2 in the enemy's last turn.
    FotA = 6 Kills.
    Bolters = None yet.
    Total kills = 23.
    Khorne's turn:
    More mines go off, thinning out the crowd again. Then out of nowhere, amidst the carnage of stepping on bombs, one aspiring champ starts to grow into a Bloodthirster. The new greater Daemon flies to my Flamer Sqaud and assaults it. Counter charged by the Tactical squad, it enjoys a feast.
    Bloodthirster kills = 4

Turn 5:
    My turn:
    The Librarian joins the assault, plunging his force weapon into the Bloodthirster and kills it. The Assault Marines jump in and start doing their thing, Kentares misses both his lascannon rolls and charges instead; another squad held off. Bolterfire is acctually useful now. The Melta Sqaud, led by the War Priest, run as close as possible and open fire. The Whirlwinds are no longer safe to fire so they opt to tank shock instead, crushing a few. The Land Speeders shoot a few more berserkers.
    Khorne's Turn:
    The Special Character comes into combat with the War Priest, kills him instantly along with a few Marines. His retinue knocks a few more off. More Berserkers step on the mines, but they are starting to surround Kentares. My assault marines are minced into oblivion by Berserkers and sheer number, but they fight valiantly an take down than their number's worth down with them.

Turn 6:
    My Turn:
    Librarian runs to Kentares' side and hacks his way through the enemy along the way, consoldating into another berserker sqaud. Kentares takes down a some other Berserkers. The Whirlwinds turn around and run over a few more (1 more). THe Speeders are still firing at them with only minimal casualties. By now each and every Berserker is past the minefields but thankfully are low in number. THe Melta Sqaud retreats back to the safety of somewhere. The Flamers are back in the game and rattle the nearest foe, standing back to back.
    Khorne's Turn:
    The special Character gets his head exploded before he can chop my Librarian's head off, then his retinue is cout down. At the end of the Turn, there are only about 4 Berserkers left spread over 3 squads.

Casualties:
    ME
    Land Speeder Assault Cannon
    War Priest
    Melta Sqaud
    Assault Sqaud
    5 Marines from Flamer Sqaud
    KHORNE
    Defiler
    5 Possessed Marines
    about 40 Berserkers
    their Special Character

*Phew* Now I get reinforcements!

Post your army lists in the ARMY LIST section! Not that hard!
    48W/7D/11L

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Who is Kentares IV? He sounds like one badass mother.
    Chief Inspector Dreyfus: Are you wounded?
    Clouseau: No. Fortunately I was saved by the darkness.
    Chief Inspector Dreyfus: So what we need is more light.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    99 (x5)

As Kentares Lascannoned a CSM and was immune to thier returns i'm guessing he's a Dreadnought.

Nice Battle repor, with all those Scouts v's Chimaera Heavy Bolters i'm surpried you won, wel played.
    Every time you read this sig: a fairie dies!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, that makes sense.

Well, with three minefield machines, I'm not suprised he came out as well as he did. str 6 means a lot of wounds, even on marines.
    Chief Inspector Dreyfus: Are you wounded?
    Clouseau: No. Fortunately I was saved by the darkness.
    Chief Inspector Dreyfus: So what we need is more light.

Tactical Avante-Gard <E!_Mance>'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    108 (x6)

The War Priest is a toned-down equivalent of my Chapter's Chaplains.
    Kentares IV is a Venerable Dreadnaught special character; he's designed to take tank charges and kill them every time.
    Post your army lists in the ARMY LIST section! Not that hard!
    48W/7D/11L

+ Reply to Thread