Tyranids vs. Black Templars, 1550, Gamma Level Urban Assault (COD) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    85 (x1)

Tyranids vs. Black Templars, 1550, Gamma Level Urban Assault (COD)

TYRANIDS VS. BLACK TEMPLARS, 1550 POINTS, GAMMA LEVEL URBAN ASSAULT (CITIES OF DEATH)
    Dusk and Dawn did not occur

THE TYRANIDS OF HIVE FLEET KOHR-AH

Vermithrax (flying hive tyrant)
    Scything talons, lash whip and bonesword, toxin sacs, winged, synapse creature, the horror, and warp field.

Grendel (hive tyrant)
    Venom cannon, twin-linked devourer, enhanced senses, toxin sacs, synapse creature, and the horror.
    Two Tyrant Guard with lash wipes and rending claws.

Quickdeath 1 (leaping tyranid warriors)
    Three warriors with scything talons, rending claws, extended carapace, flesh hooks, leaping, and synapse creature.

Quickdeath 2 (leaping tyranid warriors)
    Three warriors with scything talons, rending claws, extended carapace, flesh hooks, leaping, and synapse creature.

Quickdeath 3 (leaping tyranid warriors)

Hormagaunt 1
    Eleven hormagaunts with scything talons

Hormagaunt 2
    Eleven hormagaunts with scything talons

Sivaks (flying tyranid warriors)
    Three warriors with scything talons, rending claws, flesh hooks, and winged.

Ymir (carnifex)
    Venom cannon, barbed strangler, and enhanced senses.

Gamera (carnifex)
    Barbed strangler, twin-linked devourer, enhanced senses, extended carapace, and spine banks.

Garthim (carnifex)
    Venom cannon, crushing claws, enhanced senses, and extended carapace.

THE BLACK TEMPLARS

Emperor's Champion
    The black sword, frag grenades, slayer of champions, suffer not the unclean to live, crusader seals, armor of faith, and bolt pistol.

Master of Sanctity (Chaplain)
    Crozius arcanum, unmatched zeal, litanies of hate, crusader seals, rosarius, suffer not the unclean to live, and jump pack.

Terminators
    Storm bolter (X4), assault cannon, cyclone missile launcher, powerfist (X5), and suffer not the unclean to live.

Venerable Dreadnought
    Assault cannon, dreadnought CCW, storm bolter, and suffer not the unclean to live.

Tactical Squad 1
    Sergeant with bolt pistol and powerfist and suffer not the unclean to live.
    Nine marines with bolt pistol and CCW (X, meltagun, suffer not the unclean to live.
    Four neophytes with bolt pistol and CCW (X2), shotgun (X2), and suffer not the unclean to live.

Tactical Squad 2
    Six marines with bolter (X4), plasma gun, lascannon, and suffer not the unclean to live.

Tactical Squad 3
    Six marines with bolter (X4), plasma gun, missile launcher, and suffer not the unclean to live.

Assault Squad
    Sergeant with bolt pistol and powerfist, frag grenades, jump pack, and suffer not the unclean to live.
    Eight marines with bolt pistol and CCW (X6), plasma pistol and CCW (X2), frag grenades, jump pack, and suffer not the unclean to live.

Land Speeder
    Heavy bolter and typhoon missile launcher.

Predator
    Twin-linked lascannon, heavy bolter sponsons, pintle-mounted storm bolter, dozer blade, extra armor, and powr of the machine spirit.

THE STORY
    Terralux was once a military city. Largely comprised of defense production facilities and homes for the workers, it was now mostly ruins. Weeks of fighting had leveled parts of the city and seriously damaged many buildings. Inside of one, previously the supply management administration offices, the Tyranids had established a spawning pool. In an effort to understand the invaders and slow their expansion the inquisitor had directed that the spawning pool be captured, studied, and destroyed. Fortune had brought a Black Templar battle force to the planet. The rightous warriors were a perfect choice for the mission.

DEPLOYMENT
    Bill won the roll for table quarters and picked a landing pad building that gave him a good range of fire. His strategems were ammunition store and power generator, both of which were placed in the landing pad building. That was also his key buildiing, which he had to defend from me. I had chosen preliminary barrage (which killed just one member of the assault squad) and ammunition store. I used the latter strategem on the large building near the center of the board. It was to be my key building.

I deployed Garthim inside my key building and the rest of my broods around it, intending to march Garthim out and use Ymir to take his place. I would also keep a brood of Quickdeaths in my key building, maybe a hormagaunt unit to back them up. Other than that, the Tyranids were on the attack.

Bill deployed his fire support tactical squads (2 and 3) and the Predator in or near his key building. His big tactical squad and the Emperor's Champion were deployed forward, to mix it up with my forces.

The map after deployment.

Symbol Legend.

Picture of the half the board after deployment.

Picture of the other half of the board after deployment.

The gunner was leaning out of the hatch, examining the ruined treads and wheels and reporting back to the brother who commanded the predator on the damage. The Black Templar straightened just as a volley of supersonic crystals pelted the turret. The marine was cut in half, the upper torso carried away by the kinetic projectiles. His legs and groin dropped into the tank, reflexively kicking and slicking the deck with blood. "Brother Xavier has taken wing to join the Emperor." intoned the tank commander. He picked up the remains and shoved them out through the top hatch. "May all remember his sacrifice."

TYRANIDS TURN 1
    Move up, and Task Force Vermithrax forms. As usual, it consists of Vermithrax, the Sivaks, and Hormagaunt 1; Gamera is also loosely attached to provide me some shooting where my fast assault for goes. For now, they just move to get position. Hormagaunt 2 and Quickdeath 2 enter my key building. I had pretty good difficult terrain tests (both Bill and I usually did well with movement rolls, except for my last turn - as shall be seen). Garthim hits the Predator and immobilizes it. Ymir also hits the Predator with all three weapons and destroys the twin-linked lascannon. Ymir's barbed strangler template caught two Marines in Tactical 3, but they saved. Grendel managed to kill a member of Tactical 1, causing that squad to charge forward at me. Gamera hit Tactical 2 with his barbed strangler, catching five, wounding three, but all made their saves.

The missile launcher fired, sending a radar-guided round at the lurking carnifex. Unfortunately, the creature crouched back into a corner of the ruined building. The missile clipped the corner of a wall and exploded, causing a few nearby windows to shatter and tearing a chunk out of the stone. The Tyranid seemed to peek out, almost questioning if anyone else was shooting. A lascannon beam from second squad punched through the monster's leg.

BLACK TEMPLARS TURN 1
    The terminators enter Bill's key building to help defend it. Besides that, he moves the dreadnought, the assault squad, the chaplain, and the landspeeder down the board's western edge. The dreadnought kills two hormagaunts from Hormagaunt 1. What little bolt pistol shooting that Tactical 1 could do against Gamera was ineffective. The Terminators' missile launcher wounded Ymir, but I made the cover save. The missile launcher from Tactical 3 hit, but failed to wound Ymir. The lascannon from Tactical 2 did wound Ymir and I did not save.

The map after turn 1.

Picture of the board after turn 1.

The rubble inside the collapsed structure was a swirling melee. Ramaging through the stone blocks and splintered support timbers, a carnifex chased Marines who fired their bolt pistols at point blank range, then sprang away. Feral Tyranid warriors suddenly leaped out, crossing ten horizontal yards to slam into Marines. The masses of superhuman and alien hunters rolled across the floor, little more than balls of claws and chainswords hacking at each other.

TYRANIDS TURN 2
    Moving forward and not putting too much finesse into it. I need to neutralize Bill's fast attack force and get my forces to his key building. I am looking at the distance and the amount of ground I have to cover is worrying me. Grendel causes two wounds to Tactical 2 with his venom cannon, but Bill saves. Ymir causes another wound to Tactical 2 with a venom cannon. Again, Bill saves. Garthim moved up to prepare to engage Tactical 1 and caused a wound with his venom cannon. All together now: Bill made the save. Now, who finally hurt Tactical 1 with shooting was Gamera; between the barbed strangler, devourers, and spine banks I caused twelve wounds. Bill failed three saves. He was not pinned and charged forward, contacting Garthim. During my assault phase I charge Tactical 1 with Quickdeath 2 and Hormagaunt 2.

The giant melee was impressive, but my Quickdeaths rolled poorly to hit, the hormagaunts rolled bad for wounding, and Garthim only rolled a two for his crushing claws. Two Marines died to the Quickdeaths, one to the hormagaunts, and one to Garthim. They concentrated their attacks on hormagaunts and killed four. The combat is a draw, we pile in.

The ancient brother pounded his way across the asphalt, kicking a vehicle tire aside as the dreadnought moved to find a clear shot at the advancing Tyranids. Suddenly a trio of warriors bounded around a building. The assault cannon snapped up, barrels spinning and sending out a solid stream of lead. The first Quickdeath was torn into four parts by the weapon. Before the dreadnought could change targets the other two Tyranids leaped backwards, seeking cover against the building and behind the winged hive tyrant that landed in the street. The king xenomorph hissed like a steam boiler, aligning its body at the Marine walker. "Knickers, but that is one mean looking sinner." thought the dreadnought.

BLACK TEMPLARS TURN 2
    Bill's fast attack force moves to a really annoying spot: atop the tall building in the southwest corner. The assault squad's two plasma pistols fail to reach Vermithrax by about half an inch. His landspeeder fires on the Sivaks and kills one of them. The venerable dread is in the shadow of that tall building. It fires the assault cannon at Quickdeath 1 and kills one of them. The terminators' cyclone missile launcher wounds Ymir; I make the save. Tactical 2 wounds Ymir with their lascannon. Tactical 3 misses Ymir with their missile launcher. The predator shoots everything it can at Grendel, but cannot wound. The Emperor's Champion charges Gamera. He causes two wounds to the carnifex, but is instant killed by one of Gamera's return attacks that gets past the invulnerable save. Tactical 1 killed one member of Quickdeath 2. Two Marines were brought down by Quickdeaths and the remainder died when Garthim rolled a six for his crushing claws and went hog wild. I consolidate toward Bill's key building, except Gamera who fades south to deal with the assault squad.

The map after turn 2.

Picture of the board after turn 2.

Leaning over the edge of the building, the assault Marine watched as the hive tyrant slammed into the dreadnought. The winged demon was hideously powerful and fast, tearing through the venerable brother's armor and shrieking in fury. At that moment a barbed strangler seed hit the Black Templar in his neck and penetrated into the torso. The xenomorph weapon exploded to life, sending out four meter tentacles and runners dripping exotic poisons. Three other devout Marines were killed in the wild battle for life that enveloped the flat roof. In the end, the Marines pushed the stinking, burned mass over the side. It hit the street below with a wet thud.

TYRANIDS TURN 3
    Moving to engage and destroy Bill's flanking fast attack force. Gamera kills five assault Marines, four with his barbed strangler and one with a devourer, pinning them. Garthim got a terrible difficult terrain move, but he destroys a heavy bolter sponson on the predator. Ymir wounds Tactical 2 twice with his venom cannon, Bill makes both saves. Grendel hits Tactical 3 with his venom cannon, causing three wounds, but - Bill makes the saves. I am a bit frustrated in my attempts to drag those units out of their positions and toward me. I want to do that to reduce their shooting and also charge them to slingshot forward toward his key building. Vermithrax charges the venerable dreadnought, immobilizing it, ripping off the powerfist, and stunning it. The dreadnought is ineffective in return, but amazingly alive. The Sivaks charge the assault squad and do nothing. Only two wounds and Bill makes both saves. One Sivak is wounded in return.

Descending from a high jump, the Master of Sanctity flew to rescue his flock. He landed astride a serpentine warrior as if to ride it, but the chaplain instead smashed his blessed weapon once, twice, three times upon the alien head. "Suffer not the taint of the xenos upon man's domain..." intoned the chaplain, stepping off the dying Sivak and crushing in the breastbone of the other Tyranid with his crozius arcanum, "...but smite them and build your home upon their graves."

BLACK TEMPLARS TURN 3
    The landspeeder fades back and its shooting kills three members of Hormagaunt 1. The predator's shooting against Grendel is ineffective. Tactical 3 killed a warrior in Quickdeath 2 with their shooting. The terminators finish off the last warrior in Quickdeath 2 with their assault cannon. Tactical 2 blasted away at Garthim, but either could not wound or I made the saves (normal and cover). Vermithrax rips off the venerable dreadnoughts assault cannon and stuns it twice. It cannot hurt the hive tyrant, but WHY IS IT STILL ALIVE? The chaplain charges in to assist the assault Marines against the Sivaks. He kills both of them. A single assault Marine falls to a rending attack.

The map after turn 3.

Picture of the board after turn 3.

The hive tyrant stalked forward, delivering a steady rate of fire at the Marines taking cover near the human's strongpoint. It stepped to its right, suddenly giving a clear shot at several targets. Dozens of devourer worms and shards of biological crystal hit the Marines. The Black Templars reacted exactly as instinct told the tyrant they would, they immediately broke cover to advance. Another part of the monster's mind was holding a synapse bond over a brood of hormagaunt. The Tyranid master flung the scything beasts at the charging humans. Both groups crashed together with a solid sound. The sound of bones breaking, armor shattering, and life ending.

TYRANIDS TURN 4
    Moving forward. Ymir nails Tactical 2 and causes five wounds. Bill makes every save. Gamera shoots the same squad with his barbed strangler, killing two and causing them to charge out of the building. Grendel kills three members of Tactical 3 with his full shooting, causing them to come running out too. Garthim fires at Tactical 3 and misses both shots. I charge Both Tactical 2 and Tactical 3 with Hormagaunt 2. Unfortunately, Garthim is barely out of charge range. The hormagaunts kill one member of Tactical 2 and two members of Tactical 3, losing three in return. Hormagaunt 1 charges the assault squad, wiping them out (losing one hormagaunt) and consolidating into the chaplain. Vermithrax, at long last, tears the venerable dreadnought apart. Oh, by the way, Bill had been saving his "reroll penetration result" every time for a destroyed result and only just used it this turn.

The predator driver, now turned loader, was more than frustrated. He had already reloaded the storm bolter and heavy bolter three times. The weapons could not hurt the hive tyrant and its heavily armored retinue. He could not count the number of shots that had ricocheted off the Tyranids. Still the brother in charge of the tank insisted on manning the crippled vehicle.

BLACK TEMPLARS TURN 4
    The landspeeder moves up and kills one warrior in Quickdeath 1. The terminators fire at Garthim, but cannot hurt the monster. The predator again shoots at Grendel and his guard to no effect. In the melee between Tactical 2, Tactical 3, and Hormagaunt 1 we see one Marine from each squad and two hormagaunts fall. The chaplain killed two hormagaunts and lost a wound in return.

The map after turn 4.

Picture of the board after turn 4.

Tears rolled down the Master of Sanctity's cheeks as he sung a song of praise for the Emperor. His children were dead, dead and lost on this roof in a world turned to Hell. All that was left was the weak armor and flesh. Their souls had gone to join the Emperor and he was alone. Alone in grief, in vengeance, as he destroyed the Tyranids one by one with his own hands.

TYRANIDS TURN 5
    Moving still, with most units heading towards the key building and Gamera getting a clear line of sight at the landspeeder. Shooting at the landspeeder with Gamera was a complete waste. Only devourers hit and they all failed to glance. Garthim shot at the predator, but failed to glance. Grendel hit the terminators twice, but they make their saves. Ymir's shooting causes five wounds to the terminators (gotta love that barbed strangler template); two fail their saves and die. The remainder are not pinned and come rushing straight at me. The chaplain kills two hormagaunts. Hormagaunt 1 kills the last member of Tactical 3, losing another hormagaunt. There is now one hormagaunt fighting the last two Marines from Tactical 2.

Returned to their senses by an urgent radio call from the transport that was en route to evacuate them, the sword brethern fell back into the building. They caught sight of a Quickdeath climbing low over a damaged wall and opened fire. The warrior was transfixed to the wall by a solid sheet of assault cannon and bolter rounds. It slowly slid to the ground after the last storm bolter ceased firing.

BLACK TEMPLARS TURN 5
    The terminators fall back into the building. The landspeeder moves at max speed to be in position to occupy my key building on the last turn. The terminators gun down the last member of Quickdeath 2. The predator fires at Grendel again, but the high toughness and armor save of the tyrant and his guard are frustrating Bill. The chaplain kills the last of Hormagaunt 1 that had been menacing him. Tactical 2 and Hormagaunt 2 are unable to wound each other.

The map after turn 5.

Picture of the board after turn 5.

The thunderhawk was coming in hot, screaming through the smoke and clouds to rescue the remaining Black Templars. Mere feet from destroying the evacuation transponder and dooming the Marines to certain death, the hive tyrant and carnifex were suddenly stopped in their tracks. Both creatures worked huge muscles, but their legs barely moved. The winged tyrant flapped and struggled, but only succeeded in getting its left wing caught in the trench. The Black Templars had discovered a storage tank full of industrial adhesive called "liquid rivets" and rent it open, using the stuff to make a moat around their position.

TYRANIDS TURN 6
    Move up, with me placing two scoring units in good position to take Bill's key building. Vermithrax can charge the terminators and Garthim will engage the last two members of Tactical 1, then I will only need a two inch consolidate to put Garthim in the key building. Ymir blasts the landspeeder out of the air. Grendel shoots up the terminators, killing one of them. They promptly fail their morale check and flee. Curses! No problem, Vermithrax will also charge Tactical 1 and only need a two inch consolidate to enter the key building. The charges go off as expected, Vermithrax only killing one Marine, but Garthim gets max attacks and causes five wounds. For consolidate both monstrous creatures only get one inch! GAH! Of all things, the last hormagaunt left manages a six inch, but he cannot hold the building. This game is going to be a draw.

As the heavy bolter went silent the exhausted driver called to the senior brother, "That is the last of the heavy bolter ammunition." He heard the shame in his fellow Black Templar's voice, "The transport has arrived. We are pulling out. Come, we shall live to fight another day, but I will pray for forgiveness every night until I might redress my failing this day."

BLACK TEMPLARS TURN 6
    The terminators regroup and consolidate into the building, then kill off the last member of Hormagaunt 2. The chaplain hangs out and looks down from his high vantage point. The predator can only use its storm bolter against Grendel and does hit both times; it cannot wound.

The map after turn 6.

No picture of the board on turn 6.

REMAINING FORCES - TYRANIDS
    Vermithrax (unwounded), Grendel and Guard (unwounded), Garthim (unwounded), Ymir (three wounds remaining), Gamera (three wounds remaining), Quickdeath 3 (full strength)

REMAINING FORCES - BLACK TEMPLARS
    Terminators (two remaining), Predator (immobilized, twin-linked lascannon and one heavy bolter destroyed)

VICTORY: DRAW

TYRANID DEBRIEF
    I lost track of the ultimate objective: occupy the enemy building. ("The enemy's gate is down.") What I really did was misjudge the distances. I figured that both Vermithrax and Garthim could easily get there. In fact, each was going to be about three inches short without a charge to slingshot forward. Not a big deal for Vermithrax, as I planned to charge the terminators. Garthim should have ignored the predator on turn five and charged into the melee between the hormagaunts and Marines. That would have put him in striking distance on turn six.

Now, the problem with the terminators running away after Grendel killed one with shooting. I wanted to make sure that Vermithrax was not reduced below half his wounds, meaning I only wanted to fight two terminators. At worst, I thought that the cursed Black Templars would come straight at me. I could then destroy them outside the building and consolidate inside. My backup plan also failed, in that both monstrous creatures failed to roll even a two inch consolidate. This was quite tragic.

Bill's key building being at the back of his table quarter was a good choice. I spent the entire game moving toward him, but my monstrous creatures couldn't make it. The distance is too great. He did get some use from the ammunition store and power generator in the building. I think he would have been better served by dropping the power generator and taking preliminary bombardment. I probably could have tossed the bombardment, but am uncertain what else would have worked. Maybe wrecker. Then Vermithrax or Gamera could have destroyed the one building that the assault Marines were perched atop.

After the game Bill spotted that he could not have those two strategems in the same building. We will get that right next time.

The Black Templars' habit of charging after taking casualties from shooting is a big weakness against armies that can shoot and melee. It also makes using the Marines as bases of fire less attractive. Sure, you can place a tactical squad with a lascannon in a bunker, but if they take a casualty they are probably coming out.

SOME THOUGHTS ON CITIES OF DEATH
    I think that the Tyranids get a few very nice benefits from the new expansion. For certain, the ability to park a gunfex inside a building and reroll failed "to hit" with its shooting is amazing. The cover saves and restricted shooting lanes are also excellent, because who does not like having lots of 4+ cover saves available? The large amount of difficult terrain is not terrible for my army. My hormagaunts and warriors roll one more dice than most other troops and the monstrous creatures get their reroll. The only bad thing is that tall buildings make it difficult to use a wall of monstrous creatures to screen the other Tyranids from shooting.

The almost universal cover saves also make low AP weapons less effective. It might be worth it for some armies to take missile launchers, instead of lascannons; they are cheaper. Any weapon that puts out a high rate of fire is going to increase in value. I am used to my weapons having a poor AP, relying on volume and forcing a lot of saving throws, so this is no big problem. Tyranid devourers, pulse rifles, autocannons, and heavy bolters all look more attractive. Blast weapons with little AP will also benefit, like the barbed strangler and shadoweaver. Heck, even mortars could be interesting.

I do think that Bill and I should have taken the advice in the book and played just a four by four board. The larger board, in a smaller game, probably gave him an advantage. It definitely caused the draw and made the game stretch out a bit more than normal, though some of the latter was caused by us having to check rules in the expansion book.

Comments and thoughts are welcome. Especially any thoughts on tactics or strategies that were used or could have been used.

Last edited by Badmovies.org; June 22nd, 2006 at 01:32.
    Tyranids: Hive Fleet Kohr-Ah

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

The most glorious rainbow ever, Pleasuretown.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    67 (x3)

Great batrep, I absolutely love your style. keep up the good work.

P.S. I'm sorry, I just have to quote some of this in my sig.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brett on Quidditch
    I couldn't help but imagine some poor guy looking up to find a Badger hurtling towards him, about to wrap itself around his skull.
    [ 1500pt. Chaos List, C&C! ]
    -=W: 2 -D: 0- L: 3=-

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

85 (x1)

Thank you. I have been considering things lately, because the last few batreps have not received all that much feedback. I am wondering if people are growing tired of the army mixes that my friends and I fight. I guess there are only so many Tyranid or Eldar vs Tau batreps that people might want to read.

The most glorious rainbow ever, Pleasuretown.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    67 (x3)

Well, if it's any consolation, I really enjoy your work, and hope that someday I can acheive somethign of a similar degree (Nice batreps with nicely painted armies, with great fluff). Anyway, keep up the great work.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brett on Quidditch
    I couldn't help but imagine some poor guy looking up to find a Badger hurtling towards him, about to wrap itself around his skull.
    [ 1500pt. Chaos List, C&C! ]
    -=W: 2 -D: 0- L: 3=-

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    40 (x3)

Very good report. It is easy to read and follow. The pictures help to.
    Why use science and education when ignorance and superstition will work just as well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The buildings you guys are using are beautiful. My budies and I are just starting to put ours together. I might draw some inspiration from the ones you've assembled.
    May your aim be true, and your targets plentiful.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    39 (x2)

Badmovies,

I haven't been adding feedback to your batreps because it's hard to improve on perfection!

Please keep doing them.

Regards,
    andrewthotep

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice report dude!

do u play marines? and if u do well then hell ya

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

85 (x1)

All of those buildings are ones that Bill has put together. He really enjoys doing terrain, including the new Cities of Death pieces that he picked up.

I picked up my own copy of Cities of Death and had a chance to read through it. One glaring error in the report that I found was me using the Ammo Store strategem to help my carnifex. That is a no can do. Infantry benefit from the key building strategems. It might help out a brood of warriors or gaunts, but is of no use to a carnifex. Terrible pity.

Looking through, it appears that preliminary bombardment, wrecker, sewer rats, and combat engineer strategems look like the most useful for my Tyranids. Combat engineers just for the smoke grenade (spore cloud) cover save in the open.

My armies are Tyranids and Eldar, though I am slowly putting together a grenadier Imperial Guard force.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the terrain was great, your friend has done a good job. The batlle rep was a great read, i like the use of fluff for each turn. Whens the next one?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast