Hey every1, detailed here is a report on a small battle between one of my friends and myself. Bear with me here, I didn't have my list with me when we played the game so the point summary may be a little off .

My List:
HQ: Wolf Guard Battle Leader term armor storm bolter power wep fashioned into a hammer (not a thunder hammer)
Bodyguard: all term armor 2x Stormbolter and powerfist, 2xassault cannon and power wep, 1xLightning claw marine 1xThunder Hammer and Storm shield

6xGrey Hunters with bolters and close combat weps inc. power fist
6xGrey Hunters with bolters and close combat weps inc.power fist
10xBlood Claws with close combat weps and power wep. and powerfist

5xScouts plasma gun, power weapon, and close combat weps

3xLong Fangs inc Sergeant, missile, Lascannon

His List:
(Not exactly sure of the numbers, also these guard are beefed up with a whole bunch of things which, I frankly had forgotten to write down when we played the game)
Commisar beefed up with power wp and something else, and command inc a psyker with force wep and some powers
Lieutenant power wep and a command with vox system with steely resolve 4 entire army

3xAutocannon teams

3xSquads of Guard (around 12-16 or something per squad)
1xSquad of Storm Troopers 10 guard inc helfire guns? a grenade launcher, sergent with power wep (I'm pretty sure about this 1)

1xLeman Russ Battle Tank tooled up (hunter missile extra armor and storm bolter (i think))

Battle Report: We were playing a take and hold scenario

Pre-Battle stuff: we decided not to roll 4 deployment of terrain so we just placed 4 large pieces each (jungle terrain)
[I have a map i made but i couldn't figure out how to insert it into this report if (if you would like to see the pre-battle set up then click on the link below)]

[IMG]CDocuments and Settings\user\My Documents\My Pictures\SWvs IG.bmp[/IMG]

The air around Thor Bloodfist was muggy and full of unfamiliar scents, however one scent was all too familiar: the scent of fear. Through the dense jungle foliage (with the aid of his space marine ocular augmentation) Thor could just make out the faint flashes of Imperial Guardsmen skurrying around making the final preparations before the battle. All around him the small Space Wolf strike force moved into position making sure that they kept out of enemy's sites. Battle Leader Bori Daemon bane was visible off to Thor's left moving forward and acting as the anchor of the line. As he watched he saw Bori unlatch his hammer from his belt. A hush fell over the vox system as Bori began his pre battl speech.
"Remember my Wolf Cubs the relic we are recovering is said to be of great importance to the Sons of Russ. So you will sell your life in order to keep that relic safe for our recovery! You need not know any more. Now my Wolf Brothers give them hell!"
At this the entire strike force let out a great howl. Had he been nothing more than a simple guardsmen the sound of this would have sent a shiver down his spine. However as the case would have it he wasn't. He was a Space Wolf, a member of Logan Grimnar's Great Company, a veteran of more than 20 different campaigns, and the current Sergeant of his Blood Claw Pack. Thor unhooked his axe from his belt as the howl subsided.
Thor turned towards the Guard line just in time to see the flash of a sniper rifle. Instinctively he moved forward, however as he did he felt the thud of the shot as it thudded into his shoulder plate, the force of the impact knocked Thor to the ground. All around therewere the sounds of gunfire being exchanged, then all other noises ceased as a battle tank opened up and fired into the dense foliage, the ground rocked as the shell exploded somewhere within the forest. Thor jumped back tto his feet and again moved into position with his squad.
"Ready yourselves! We have work to do!"

Turn 1
(The Space Wolves had won the roll to go first)

Thor and his squad moved forward keeping in cover and moving towards the objective. The two Grey Hunter squads on the right flank moved forward into the dense jungle foliage keeping in cover and out of site. On his left Bori and his bodyguard moved forward trusting their armor would protect them from anything the guardsmen could throw at them, the two assault cannon armed Wolf Guard stepped forward ready to unleash their deadly payload on the insolent guardsmen who would dare challenge the might of the Space Wolves. The Long Fang named Bjorn who was armed with a lascannon set his sights on the guardsmen's only Battle Tank. Thor could see his arm shake slightly as he finally pulled the trigger, next to him Hakon fired his missile launcher at the autocannon teams.
"Lascannonn has hit and penetrated the tank's armor; one guard is down from the missile explosion."
The vox bristled with the sounds of gunfire as the Wolf guard with assault cannons fired into the autocannon teams.
"Another two guard are down, remember move forward and secure the relic, all other objectives including survival are secondary, now get that relic and an extra ration of ail for the ones who hand it to my bloody paw at the end of the battle!"
Another Howl arose only to be drowned out by the sounds of the ammunition exploding inside the Leman Russ tank.
Commissar Reginald von Schleiffen of the 25th Kelvan Scout Regiment unhooked his ornate power sword from his belt and held it up. The blade shone with a bluish light lent by the inner workings of the sword itself.
“Move forward and secure the relic.�
Next to him his own command squad began to move making sure to cover their commanding officer. Next to him was an imperial sanctioned psyker whose own powers rivaled those of a Space Marine Librarian. He carried with him a special weapon often referred to as a force weapon, his eyes glowed with an unearthly light as he began to focus.
“Enemies sighted. Fire at will!�
Sounds of lasgun fire, and the thuds of autocannons echoed across the battlefield.
“Commissar, no casualties have been reported, they just bounced off their armor!�
“Frak!� The members of his command squad turned to him looking for some words of comfort from their commanding officer: “Well they’re not going to kill themselves!�

Turn 2
Thor ran through the opening in front of the Long Fangs opting to sell his life rather than losing any of the venerable old Wolves. At least that’s what he would tell them after the battle when in one swift move he had come close enough to the objective to see the object…All around the other wolves moved the Grey Hunters moved towards the edge of the tree line in preparation for the coming assaults that were bound to occur. Bori and his bodyguard again moved forward making sure to keep only in sight of the autocannon teams by using the giant fallen tree as a shield. The Long Fangs too moved forward, not wanting to be left out of the coming conflict.
The young Blood Claws realized their mistake too late as they were now out in the open in the sites of the remaining autocannon members. Even as he watched the autocannon teams began to reload their weapons. Then in an explosion of sound and bursts of blood and gore they were gone all that remained were the bloody tatters of clothing and the occasional limb, however even this did not last as another final; round from an assault cannon detonated the ammunition stockpile behind them.
Thor let out a howl as the scent of blood filled the air mixed with the sound of burning, he could even hear the guardsmen so close now that Thor could pick out individual scents. The lust for blood and combat barely contained in his chest. Then after one more howl he lunged forward…

The Commissar watched as the autocannon teams were reduced to bloody tatters in bursts of highly explosive shells.
“Move forward and return fire!� He yelled into the vox.
“Commissar they’re out of range!�
“What do you mean out of range?�
“We cant see them!�
He couldn’t do anything now all he could do was watch and hope for the best. His men were dying, and he could do nothing about it. All he could do was pray!

Look for the conclusion of this battle report coming soon! :yes: