New Campaign I Wrote (kinda Long To Read) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Campaign: New Earth
    By: Ethan Case

Backround:
    This scenario takes place after the eye of terror campaign.

The Warp: The Warp is an alternate realm used to travel great distances through real space in relatively little time. However there are perils of the warp most notably demons. Warp Storms open up in random occurrences and when they open up reality is twisted within it. Through War Storms demons and rogue psykers escape from the warp routinely. The warp is bigger then people at first thought. The warp is just as big and infinite as the real universe. In a far distant corner of the warp, away from the demons and psykers are planets much like the planets in real space millions of years ago

A warp storm opened up much like others have but instead of the usual demons and rogue psykers, this one spewed forth a planet. The Imperium sent a small group of space marines to investigate the planet.

Seargent Odysseus of the 38th Ultra Marine Division: Sir, a large object has appeared on our detectors.

Captain Maximus of the 38th Ultra Marine Division: Where did it come from?

Odysseus: I dont know sir it just appeared. There was a warp storm not to far from it, maybe it came from the storm.

Maximus: I have never heard of entire planets emerging from warp storms. We should go and investigate. Scramble the division we leave immediately.

Odysseus: Yes sir.

Upon reaching the new planet, the Imperial forces were startled to discover a planet very similar to the descriptions of their own Earth as told through legends past. They are also started to find that the planet’s dominant species are humans just like the humans of the imperium. Maximus’s fleet calls Force Commander Marneus Calgar of the Ultra Marines for directions immediately.

.....incoming transmission............

Maximus: Sir, I’m sorry to interrupt, but we have discovered a planet similar to our own Earth and inhabited by humans just like us!

Calgar: Are they similar in technology? And what about their planet, is it an entire city like ours?

Maximus: No it has cities but its technology is primitive and its cities exist in large areas and don’t extend very far.

Calgar: I will bring the 1st Division with me. I’ll be to your location as soon as I contact the Emperor for instructions.

Maximus: Yes sir.

...end transmission...

Upon contacting the Emperor, Calgar was instructed to go to the leader of the planet now dubbed by the Imperium as New Earth. However, Calgar was suprised to find that the Humans of New Earth were not united under one rule but divided into countries with different governments in each. The most popular and most powerful form found on that planet was called Democracy. Calgar upon the instructions of a human who was scared beyond belief at the sight of Calgar in his Terminator Armor instructed Calgar that the United Nations was the best place to talk to the leaders of the different countries at one time. Calgar expressed how the Imperium took great interest in the Humans of New Earth and how they came to be separated from the rest of Humanity. Because the Humans of Earth flatly refused to submit to an undemocratic government and the Imperium did not want to fight and potentially destroy these Humans as they were an important discovery that could be studied now and conquered later, they formed an alliance. The sophisticated technology of the Imperium detected a strange energy when on the planet that the primitive Human equipment could not pick up. The energy seemed to be coming from a guy from New Jersey. The energy signal, though puzzling, and disturbing to Calgar, was faint and unimportant.
    During the last week of April 2004 (New Earth Years), The same guy from New Jersey was on a cruise that made a stop at the Mayan Ruins in Mexico. The guy climbed up to the top of the pyramid and stepped into the shrine. All of a sudden strange energies started to surround the pyramids. The guy’s entire life passed before his eyes, all several trillion years of it. Across the globe in the Sahara Desert, the ground began to shake as enormous monolithic pyramids jet-black in color yet at the same time radiated with mystical green energies, Obelisks and large floating monoliths rose out of the shifting sands. When the ground stopped shaking, the doors to the pyramids opened and large metallic skeletal creatures on foot and on flying platforms with large glowing weaponry started coming out of the pyramids. The battle for New Earth had begun. These strange occurrences caught the eye of Calgar who called on the aid of the Blood Angels as well as the army of New Earth to aid in the fight.

Scenario 1: Necrons vs Joint force of Imperial Guard (Armies of Earth), Ultra Marines, and Blood Angels

Cleanse Mission. Deep-strike infiltrators sandstorm

Scenario starts out with 1500 pts of Necrons against 500pts of Imp. Gaurd and 300pt of UltraMarines. on the beggining of the 2nd Turn the 700pts Blood Angels will arrive and deploy.
    Destroy the enemy.

It the Necrons Win then go to Scenario 3. If the Human Alliance wins then go to Scenario 2.

Scenario 2:

Blood Angel: Sir. We have driven back the Necrons, they have phased out. Calgar wants to investigate the pyramid, General Schoomaker (the current us army chief of staff) agrees.

Lord Dante: So be it.

Tomb Raid Scenario (see necron codex)

there is a strange object giving off an unusual energy within the temple this has been determined as the target for this mission.

Human Alliance: Ultramarines (400pts) Blood Angels (600pts) Imp. Guard (500pts)

sandstorm, reserves, line of retreat, nightfighting, random game length

Necron win go to scenario 3
    Human Alliance win go to scenario 6

Scenario 3: Because of their horrible defeat, the humans seek the aid of the only powerful species in the galaxy that has a reputation for being loyal and trustworthy. The Blood Angels stationed near the tau homeworld are told to declare a ceasefire and go seek the Ethereal Caste Member, Rah-Ziel. As the blood angels walk through the tau city they see tau and kroot resting from their last battle with the blood angels. On their way to Rah-Ziel’s headquarters they see a kroot carnivore who had been severly wounded and was puking blood and stuff it had eaten which included a piece of a blood angel shoulder pad that it ate in the last battle. Half of the blood angel emblem is still visible. At the gruesome site of seeing the partially digested armor of one of their comrades the Blood Angels go into their insane bloodlust frenzy they are so famous for and start rampaging through the tau city killing everything in site. Rah-Ziel, enraged at how the blood angels broke their cease fire agreement musters his forces and atacks.

Blood Angels (650pts) Tau (750pts)

Tau City

being a tau city the tau are expected to have more forces in the are therefore get more points.

at the end of the battle the tau are so enraged that they send their force to New Earth to attack the Human alliance, they have no knowledge of the Necron presence there. go to scenario 4.

Scenario 4. Cleanse mission Human Alliance 2500pts blood angels and imp. guard only. (2500 pts total split between the two armies)

tau 1500pts. Necrons 1500pts.

The board is very long humans deploy in the middle necrons deploy at one end and tau deploy at the other. the tau and the necrons can not attack eachother. the tau and the necrons cannot go passed the line that divides the sides in half which keeps them from being able to join forces. When retreating from Necrons. The tau behind them do no count as crossfire. the humans retreat toward the center line on the board. the same goes vica versa.
    If one of the outside armies (necron or tau) is completely destroyed then the line in the middle goes away and the retreating line for both players is determined by what side of the board they are on.

If the humans lose go to scenario 5.
    If the humans win(beat both armies) go to scenario 7

Scenario 5:

pathfinder: Rah-Ziel! Rah-Ziel! the necrons are on this planet as well. This world is a necron tomb world!

Rah-Ziel: we have no time to lose we must get rid of the necrons!

destroy the enemy, sandstorm, deepstrike, reserves (because of abnormal weather conditions there is no infiltrators)

2000pts each.

tau win go to scenario 7
    necrons win go to scenario 7

scenario 6: (humans win tomb raid)

the artifact believe it or not is an old tau relic that the necrons stole thousands of years ago before the ethereal caste united the other castes. the strange relic now exposed to daylight goes out of control and emits a beacon. Rah-Ziel recieves notice of the beacon and realizes what it is and as fast as he can sends a force to earth to retrieve it.

go to scenario 4 and continue as normal.

Scenario 7: final battle:

if tau won in scenario 5:

Rah-Ziel: The necrons are finished. destroy the tombs. make sure there is no trace of the necrons existance on this planet.

Pathfinder: it will be done.

Later that day:

Crisis Suit: Rah-Ziel the humans are reforming.

Rah-Ziel: At least the Necrons have been eradicated from this world. The Human Alliance will be no match for our superior fire power.

if the necrons win scenario 5:

Immortal: Lord Archeron! We have driven the tau off the planet it is time to harvest the human souls.

Archeron: C’Tan Nightbringer! It is time to eat!

The winner of scenario 5 takes on the Human Alliance in the final mission.

2000pts. each. Sahara desert. Deepstrike, Infiltrators, Reserves, destroy the enemy. (now that the energies of the pyramids are gone the sandstorms have died down and there are no sandstorms for this mission.

Necron Victory: ending 1
    Tau Victory: ending 2
    Human Victory: ending 3

ending 1:

Nightbringer: All of these souls........ are mine.

the tau force was wiped out but rah-ziel and a few leaders managed to escape back to the tau homeworld. The necrons have converted the rest of New Earth into a tomb world. The Imperium brings as many ships as it can to shuttle the humans away from the planet and bring them to Holy Terra (the original Earth) where they will live until they can kick the orcs off another planet and allow the refugees to start over and build a new society. However they are now under the oppressive power of the emperor and eventually the humans of New Earth flee to the eye of terror and get lost in the anarchy. During the 14th Crusade many of the humans from New Earth meet friends they made among the Blood Angels and UltraMarines in combat as they are now members of the chaos armies.

Ending 2: (tau victory)

With the necrons expelled and the Humans granted amnesty and free passage back to Holy Terra in return for their complete surrender, New Earth is renamed Rah in honour of Rah-Ziel who takes permanent residence there. Those humans who refused to leave their beloved planet alive are given permission to live on Rah providing of course that they cut all ties with the Imperium. All the humans are given the option to join the earth caste to better fit into the new society.

Ending 3: (Human Victory)

The Humans who now have unrivaled control of earth assimilate the human army into a new regiment of the Imperial Guard. However, the Humans of New Earth refuse to worship the Imperium’s machine god and eventually the humans of new earth and the humans of the imperium wage war against eachother. Capitalizing on this the Chaos space marines come and free New Earth from the imperium and New Earth returns to the warp thanks to the help of the chaos gods. The Humans of New Earth become members of the Black Legion and fight their one-time friends and allies in the 14th crusade.

All battles in this scenario take place in the Sahara desert except for the one mission in the Tau city.

Necrons of the Hellfire temple: 8 - 2 - 0
    Space Marines: 4 - 3 - 0
    Tau: I'm about to find out.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WOW!

That sounds like a really cool idea and the thought that must have gone into it is astounding

Well done!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A nice campaign idea and you carried it out well. Congrats

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks, Ive already build the Desert board for it as soon as the scenery is painted Ill take a picture of it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

great job. Thats all i can really say, just great job
    You know what they say, if you dont like the weather in houston...go back to where you came from

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sounds pretty good and interesting. might play the campaign myself!
    'No evil will escape the just punishment of rightenous'

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great idea. Now i have to steal it from you and post a campaing i will make on this board. Muhahahaha, muhahahaha. Is the human alliance just imperial guard or imperial guard, Ultras, and BA?
    Back from a long adventure.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"New terra"
    iron Hands
    Haemonculus Coven Dark Eldar

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Human Alliance would be BA Ultra and Imp. Guard combined as one army with either three different players each controlling one faction of the army or one guy controling all three. It all depends on the people your playing with. This campaign was designed around the armies me and my friends use, so in our campaign human alliance will have three players. the tau and the necrons will each have one. I actually found a flaw in this campaign. It wont affect you its just funny cause the guy with the ultramarines is also the guy who has the tau army so if it comes down to humans vs tau were gonna have a problem.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i like the idea.

i would like to run it but my mates have necron, chaos, tyranids and i have tau. it doesnt really fit into it
    Want a website built to show off your miniatures? We recommend www.reaperwebdesign.co.uk

Closed Thread