Ulthiam vs Xaosect (Eldar vs Chaos Medusa V) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    59 (x1)

Ulthiam vs Xaosect (Eldar vs Chaos Medusa V)

+++++ +++++
    The great enemy had established an outpost in an attempt to take control of the defense array on Raffaelo’s Spine, and secure their planetfall landing zone.

The skeins of fate had been played, and Farseer Ulthiam had devised a plan. He sent a small unit to draw out the Iron Warriors Legion.

Having taken the bait, the Iron Warriors committed a large strike force to subdue and destroy the Eldar. The guardians bravely stood their ground as the blasphemous rhinos sped toward their position. Bolter fire spitting into their lines with minimal casualties as the storm guardians activated their wraithgate.

The chaos forces drew ever closer, and a rhino disgorged its contents into close range. Their bolt pistols firing ruthlessly into the storm guardians as their chainswords roared with malice. The guardians were cut down like wheat before the scythe, and ran toward the wraithgate to escape the onslaught, while the remainder of the Eldar forces emerged from the webway.

Farseer Ulthiam’s seer council emerged and sought refuge behind a nearby grove of trees, as two pairs of war walkers lumbered from the webway as a pair of Vypers soared over them. The vypers fired upon the Chaos Vindicator, but failed to inflict any lasting damage.

As the black guardians fired a ruthless volley of shuriken into the Iron Warriors, the war walkers fired into the onrushing bikes, their scatter lasers blasting the foul machines from beneath them.

Retaliatory firepower was massive and directed at High Seer Ulthiam’s Council. Amidst the savage hail of projectiles, Ulthiam stood calmly as shot after shot pattered harmlessly off his mystical wardings. Only minor casualties to the warlock bodyguard were suffered. The seers would live, but they would not participate further in this fight. Though the great enemy drew ever closer to the Eldar position, the guardians bravely held their ground, forcing them to advance through their fire lanes.

The chaos advance continued, and the Seer Council absorbed another brutal volley of firepower. And though stricken, the council stood strong, it was too little, too late.

The seer council emerged from the forest, lead by Ulthiam and proceeded to attack the minds of the chaos legions directly. And though the taint was palpable, the Seers knew what their duty was. Corrupted astartes could not resist the barrage. And though their twisted minds offered some protection, they were no match for the disciplined farseers.

The chaos forces where being whittled down. The Eldar forces killing three fallen Astartes for every Eldar guardian that had fallen in battle.

The battle was won, but the Chaos legion would not quit the field quietly. From behind a smouldering wreckage, the Iron Warriors Daemon Prince emerged, its eyes gleaming with malevolent energies. As it readied itself for its inevitable charge, the trio of farseers all cast their powers into its mind, it collapsed into an unfeeling heap. Its neurons fried in an onslaught of eldritch assault.

+++++ +++++

This was a 3,000 point patrol mission. My mobility was my single greatest asset in this. He only had 2 squads in rhinos (and a speedy daemon prince that had some unlucky reserve rolls). And the chaos player had so much fear for my seer council (3 seers, and 5 warlocks. All with witchblades. Fortune x2, Mind War x3, Guide, Enhance, Embolden, Augment x3) He unleashed so much firepower into the council that I was literally able to kill 3 chaos mariens for each guardian that fell in battle. When scatter lasers fire to full effect, the results can be devastating.

* "I'm Significant!" -screamed the dust speck
    * "Call me old fashioned, but an evil ascension to power just isn't the same without someone chanting faux Latin in the background."

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    40 (x3)

NIce battle report. The telling of it was clean.
    Why use science and education when ignorance and superstition will work just as well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    59 (x1)

Thanks for your kind words. This was a 3,000 point mega battle (A grudge match if you will). Normally I put more personality in my batreps, but it was hard to remember anything but the absolute coolest stuff. (My seer council shrugging off a demolisher shell was great, and the scatter lasers nearly wasting an entire biker squad was surprising as well)
    * "I'm Significant!" -screamed the dust speck
    * "Call me old fashioned, but an evil ascension to power just isn't the same without someone chanting faux Latin in the background."

+ Reply to Thread