Emperor's Children vs. 1500 point Tourney - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Formerly Prince of Excess EmoJosh's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    368 (x8)

Emperor's Children vs. 1500 point Tourney

I recently attended a local Con (PhoenixCon) and played in the 1500 point Tourney. It was 3 rounds on a 4x6 table, basic rule book missions with only Gamma. My list was as follows:

Slaaneshi Lieutenant
    Sorceror, Mark of Slaanesh, Demonic Mutation and Strength, Warp Talisman, 6 Slaanesh Minor Psychic power rolls, Teleport Homer, Personal Icon, Infiltrate, Power Weapon, Bolt Pistol

Slaaneshi Lord
    Sorceror, Mark of Slaanesh, 6 Slaanesh Minor Psychic rolls, Dark Blade, Chainfist, Terminator Armor, Demonic Armor Strength and Mutation, Personal Icon, Spiky Bits, Warp Talisman, Combat Drugs and Furious Charge

5x 6 Demonettes

12 Demonettes

2x Defilers w/ Indirect Fire

Game 1 vs. IG

My opponent was my good friend Tim who played a mix of IG with allied Witch Hunters and allied Demon Hunters. His list was 3 Inquisitors w/ Heavy Bolters and Mystics or Churgeons. He had 2 Grenadier squads w/ Grenade Launchers. A drop troop Storm Trooper squad had 2 meltas and there was a lascannon Sentinel. Finally he had 2 Russes and 1 Demolisher. He also had a very basic HQ Platoon, no upgrades to speak of.

Terrain was a piece in each of our right deployment zone. Two other pieces came in a wedge in the middle left and he had a bunker on his right and a city ruin in his middle.

My Defilers hid on my far left and right keeping back. The tanks were spaced the same but one was placed on the middle right (everything from my point of view). The Grenadiers held the middle as did the HQ Platoon. The Inquisitors held the right with 2 and the left in the "bunker" with one. The Sentinel hid behind the hill. My Lieutenant Infiltrated behind the wedge and the Sentinel did his pre-game jog up onto the hill.

The mission was grab the tokens, there were 5 of them. One in the middle and 2 in each of our zones.

IG 1st:

The HQ Platoon moved forward to take up the wedge. The Grenadiers shuffled toward the edge of the city ruin. Nothing was in range or LOS of the Lieutenant so he wasn't shot even when the Psychic Hood dispelled the Siren.

EC 1st:

The Lieutenant moved up 6" toward the Platoon. The Defilers bombed one of the Inquisitor Lords, killing their Mystic and 2 Heavy Bolter Servitors. The Lieutenant charged the HQ Platoon and cut 3 down, running down the rest.

IG 2nd:

The right most Russ moved up 6". Siren was again dispelled and after absorbing all the Grenadiers a stray lascannon round from the Sentinel dropped him. The Russ fored on the Defiler and Immobilized it.

EC 2nd:

The Lord deepstruck in the "middle" of the IG mess, slightly worrying this game might come to a swift ending. The Defilers knock off a few Grenadiers but pin nothing.

IG 3rd:

Everything backs off a little from the Lord except the far flank units. The Storm Troopers drop right in front of the left most Defiler. I get the Siren off in the Shooting Phase, thank Slaanesh. The Russ scatters from the Defiler. The Storm Troopers blow my left Defiler.

EC 3rd:

All the demons arrive to my opponents comment of "It's a game now." They are positioned to assault all the Storm Troopers except one squad with no where to go. The Lord moves up right towards the Inquisitors. The Mystic only succeeeded in dropping one Demonette from them striking in. The Defiler kills blows the Sentinel. In combat the Demonettes wipe all the Genadiers off the board, half Massacring left and half right.

IG 4th:

The tanks back off a tad while the Storm Troopers run off to grab an objective and everyone else readies guns. The Inquisitors and tanks open up on the Demonettes, cutting their numbers by close to a third. The Lord's Siren keeps him safe from the Demolisher.

EC 4th: The Demonettes pile into the Demolisher a Russ and the nearest Inquisitor. The Lord sadly couldn't get into combat. The Defiler knocks the Storm Troopers down to 2 men, making them non-scoring. In combat both the tanks blow but the Inquisitor lives on because of limited Demon attacks, so they pile in.

IG 5th:

The far Inquisitors open up on the Demonettes they can see and make 2 squads non-scoring. The Russ kills more demons. In combat the Inquisitor is cut down and the demons Massacre towards the last Inquisitor.

EC 5th:

The Lord runs towards the Russ, the demons on the right go to the last Inquisitor while the ones on the left hide behind the Russ ruins. The Defiler flies wide. The Lord is short of assault again but the demons make it into the Inquisitor but don't finish the unit off.

IG 6th:

The Russ drives back 12" for laughs as the game is mostly over. No shooting and the Inquisitor dies in combat. Win for Slaanesh!

Gme 2 vs. Black Templar

My opoonents list was 2 FULL Crusader squads with 1 plasma and power weapon each. He also had a Crusader with a pintle strom bolter carrying a Termie Chaplain and 7 Lightning claw Termies. He also has a triple lascannon Predator.

Terrain was a piece in each of my corners and two pieces in his middle left. He had a large ruin in his center and a bunker in my center.

My Defilers hid in the corners once more. His Crusader squads kept in the back center while the Crusader hid in the back left. The Predator held the middle left. The Lieutenant Infiltrated between a Crusader squad and the Crusader. The mission was Annihilate.

BT 1st:

The Crusader jets 12" and the Crusaders ran towards the Lieutenant. The Predator goes 12" to get an angle on my right Defiler. After passing (and explaining) my Siren my opponent sadly AC the Defiler, blowing it easily.

EC 1st:

I drop the teleport homer. The alive Defiler bombs the Crusader squad near the Lieutenant, wiping out 7. In a bad player moment I forgot about the Righteous Zeal which got the squad into CC. With a flurry of bad dice I kill 2 Neophytes and lose my Lieutenant.

BT 2nd:

The Termies and Co. jump back in the Crusader and move to the bottom of the Homer. The Crusader tries to surround the Homer but only go 4" so they don't manage it. The Predator again tries for an angle on the Defiler but is again denied.

EC 3rd:

The Lord comes in, barely making the 1" away rule with his Teleport Homer. The Defiler bombs the far off squad killing 7 and not pinning but they roll a 12 for Righteous Zeal.

BT 4th:

The other Crusader squad runs to support and the Predator moves in for it's angle but only get's one shot which misses. The Siren is easily passed with the help of my Warp Talisman so he ends his short turn.

EC 4th:

All the demons come in, staying close to the Lord. 1 squad gets Termie duty, one gets Raider duty and the other 3 get Marine duty. The Lord moves to challenge the Chaplain. The Defiler bombs away 4 more Marines from the far Crusader squad but they only move 1" forward. I realized the Emperor's Champion is with this squad about this time. In CC the demons kill all but 2 of their opponents and lose only 2 back. The Lord kills the Chaplain outright 3 times (mwhahahaha) and the Termies all die to the demons hungry claws. The Raider however escapes undamaged.

BT 5th:

The Raider floors it 12" back and the Predator moves for it's perfect angle. The Crusader squad prepares to charge. The predators shots bounce off the Defiler and the Crusaders guns mop up some demons. In CC the 2 man squad is killed, the Emperor's Champion takes a wound and 2 Neophytes from his squad are lost than hit back and accoutn for 6 demons. They pass Instability.

EC 5th:

The Lord moves to support the demons and the lower demons chase the tanks. The Defiler elects to not fire. In CC both tanks are blown and the Lord cleaves 6 Marines, helping the demons wipe everyone but 4 Marines and the Champion in return for 6 more demons. The Lord piles into the Champion.

BT 6th:

In CC the Lord kills the Champion, reveling in the loyal blood he spilt. The demons finish off the Marines and the table is wiped for another win.

Game 3 vs. Demon Hunters/IG

This game was no fun first of all. The guy cheated with templates, didn't know rules and had no list, meaning his squads were strangley perfectly equipped against me.

His army was 2 7 man GK squads with Justicar Bionics, master crafted and Holocaust which he wouldn't accept as illegal. A Grand master with Bionics, all anti-demon and chaos crap plus master crafted, Icon, Psychic Hood and Psycannon bolts leads 4 GK Termies with one flamer. 2 Armored fist squads with 1 Las and 1 Plasma go in Chimeras with 2x Heavy Bolters and heavy Stubbers plus Extra Armor. He has the Sniper Assassin and an Inquisitor w/ Emperor's Tarot, Bionics, Psychic Hood, CCW and Bolt Pistol. The list rounded off with 3 Las Sentinels, a Lance Strike and a Russ.

Terrain was 2 pieces in my corners and one piece in his right. I had another piece which we counted as a solid building screened off my middle left. The middle was a forest and a hill was in his middle right. The mission was Annihilate.

The Defilers again went in hiding. The Russ, 1 Fist squad, 1 GK squad, Sentinels and Sniper went on the left. The right had 1 Fist squad, 1 GK squad and the Inquisitor. The Termies DS. My Lieutenant Infiltrates by the Fist squad on my right.

DH 1st:

The left Fist squad moves toward the Defiler and the GK advance. The Fist squad moves toward the Lieutenant with the Inquisitor hidden behind. In shooting I get Siren off and the Sniper uses his Turbo Penetrator, Immobilizing the Defiler.

EC 1st:

The Lieutenant advances and the Defilers stun and miss a Sentinel.

DH 2nd:

The Termies arrive and scatter in the middle of my DZ, not near combats. The Chimera drops the Guard and the other advances. The Sentinels advance and the GK hold. The Siren goes off and the Sniper can't affect the Defiler.

EC: 2nd:

The Lord and all demons arrive. The Lord drops in between the GK. The demons scatter by the GK and by the Chimera close to the Lieutenant. The demons move in for assault and the Defilers Immobilize a Sentinel and blow the left Chimera, killing 4 Guard and pinning them. The demons eat the Chimera and the Inquisitor while the Lieutenant kills some Guard but they hold. The demons assault the GK and kill them all thanks to Fearless outnumbering, which lets him get off Holocaust much to everyone grumbling, it kills 4 demons.

DH 3rd:

The Inquisitor and Justicar stand up (grown). The Termies and GK move to intercept the demons in the center. The Sentinels are stuck do to coherency. Siren goes off so the Termies and Russ accout for a 6 demon squad. The Sniper pings off a round on the Defiler. The GK mave fun missing the demons and drop 1. In CC the Lieutenant kills off the reamining Guard.

EC 3rd:

The demons make haste to the GK as does the Lord and Lieutenant. One demon squad make a mission of the Bionics survivors. The Defilers kill off a few Chimera Guard. In CC the Bionics survivors eat it. All the GK but the Justicar and a GK die and bring down 3 demons with them.

DH 4th:

The Termies make ready an assault. The Chimera Guard advance towards the Defiler. Bionics brings back no one. Shooting accoutns for another demon squad. (I wasn't bring back my demons because he was talking crap and saying that'd be the only reason I would win, so I went for the honor win.) The Termies pile into the huge middle combat which sees off a Termie and the remaining GK but sees 5 demons off.

EC: 4th

The Lord and Lieutenant square off with the Grand Master. The remaining demons run to the middle melee and one squad heads for the Sentinels. In CC the Lieutenant can't scratch the Grand master and the Lord and Grand Master simeltaneously behead each other. All but 1 Termie falls and I lose 8 demons, mostly from the Termies Holocaust. One sentinel falls in return for 1 demon.

DH: 5th

With much joy the Grand master stays down. The Lance Strike comes in near the left Defiler. The Russ backs off 6". The Sniper does nothing again and the Russ nukes some more demons. The Lance Strike Immobilizes the Defiler. In CC the Termies and Sentinels are cut down.

EC 5th:

The demons run for the Russ and the Lieutenant hides to preserve his points. The Defilers accoutn for nothing. Demons are out of CC range.

DH 6th:

All shooting does absolutley nothing.

EC 6th:

The Defilers kill the Assasin to my amusement. The Russ escapes alive with a win for me.

*Note* I placed 1st and got $10 to a local game store. Sorry if this is below my usual writing level but it's alot to write so I sacrifice detail.

Check my Blog for Battle Reports, useless ranting and more! Comments appreciated.
    Like to talk Warhammer or want some advice on Armies or Tactics? Drop me a PM!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I gotta say, I'm very impressed by the all daemon list. I would have thought instability tests would be the death of it, but I'm wrong. A couple of things:

1. Against the DH guy, I would have called judges in on him.

2. I don't think you can 'drop' homers.
    Chief Inspector Dreyfus: Are you wounded?
    Clouseau: No. Fortunately I was saved by the darkness.
    Chief Inspector Dreyfus: So what we need is more light.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    40 (x3)

Yeah the DH player was cheating, and I would have called a judge. I am with Bellum_Gerreo you can not drop a homer.
    Why use science and education when ignorance and superstition will work just as well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    99 (x5)

I'm sorry, but from how I read it I think you're using Teleport Homers wrongly.

A unit which is already on the ground must place them, you don't put them onto the tabletop where you please and just land there.

Your game against BT was harsh, If I let an opponent get 7 SM under a template i'd have to shoot myself.

Also the GK player was mis-using Bionics, you have to use the rules as in the new Codex SM now, so just a 6+ armour save after your normal save, you can't stand up again next turn. I presume you meant groan instead of grown there.

The Vindicare Assasin was a massive waste of points, didn't he realise he needed a double 6 to glance?

Good wins, I must say I have never seen/played an army like yours ("Daemon-Bomb" isn't it?). I'm not sure how well i'd do but I have some plans, just being in cover would have had the GK/BT striking first on the Daemonettes and they aren't that hard to kill if you get to attack them.
    Every time you read this sig: a fairie dies!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The BT player was cheating you also becuause Rightous zeal is only one d6 not 2d6 so the most he could have gotten was a 6 on 12 but great job winning even though some of the people you played did the thing really wrong.
    «Ares is the only way to be happy.»

Know Arise a Knight, and go forth and take your vengence

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah good report, very unusual army. But it sucks that you faced pricks, I always hate when you go to a tournament and you face a cheater/jerk or a cheater-jerk. This is why I always bring every codex I have so if ppl try to cheat and I have the codex I just pop it out and "Keep my pimp hand strong" with a slap across their cheating face.:shifty:

LO Oldie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    34 (x3)

also im pretty sure siren doesnt work against grey knights as im pretty sure they are unaffected by minor psychic powers. at least i know witch hunters are that way.
    2000pts Orks 4-2-1

Formerly Prince of Excess EmoJosh's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    368 (x8)

Yeah I mis-used the Teleport Homers, that was my bad. The GK guy was annoying and yes Siren doesn't affect them which I found out last night after reading my DH Codex, I wasn't familiar with it before. The BT guy didn't roll 2d6 for Zeal I may have mistyped that, I need to stop writing when I'm so tired. Also I couldn't call a judge because there wasn't one. The guy running it thinks if you're within 6" of terrain you get a cover save so he's useless.
    Check my Blog for Battle Reports, useless ranting and more! Comments appreciated.
    Like to talk Warhammer or want some advice on Armies or Tactics? Drop me a PM!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And let me guess: the DH player 'forgot' his codex too, right?
    Chief Inspector Dreyfus: Are you wounded?
    Clouseau: No. Fortunately I was saved by the darkness.
    Chief Inspector Dreyfus: So what we need is more light.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

great win and i really like your list damn though those cheats though
    congrats for beatiin em anyways

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast