2500 pt Daemonhunter slaughter - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2500 pt Daemonhunter slaughter

Fielded the following Army (2500pts) against Dark Angels...it wasn't even close...

HQ-
    Inquisitor Lord
    Artificer Armor, Force Weapon, Bolt Pistol, Meltabombs
    3 Warriors w/plasma guns
    2 mystics
    1 familiar

Chimera Transport-Multilaser, Heavy Flamer

HQ-
    Deathwatch Kill Team
    Captain Librarian, storm of emp, wrath, force weapon, pys hood, meltabombs whole squad
    1 DW marine Heavy Bolter w. suspensors
    4 DW marines, bolter, ccw
    (ammo that rerolls failed wounds)

Razorback Transport-twinlinked las canon

Elite-
    Daemonhost

Troop-

6 Stormtroopers (2 plasmagun)
    Chimera transport- Multilas, Heavy Bolters

6 Stormtroopers (2 plasmagun)
    Chimera transport- Multilas, Heavy Bolters

10 Stormtroopers (2 plasmaguns)
    Rhino transport

10 Space Marines (sgt w/powerfist, bolt pistol) missile launcher, flamer
    Rhino Transport

10 Space Marines (sgt w/powerfist, bolt pistol) missile launcher, flamer
    Rhino Transport

Fast Attack-

10 Assault Marines (jumppacks removed) (riding in Heavy Support Land Raider)
    meltabombs

Landspeeder-Multimelta

Heavy Support-
    Landraider

Venerable Dreadnaught -Furious Charge, Extra Armor

The mission was recon. Opponent made the mistake of placing his first unit (a land raider) right up against his table edge. I then placed my whole army (piece by piece) at the 15" edge of my deployment zone. First turn (I won roll) everything surged forward 12 inches except the Razorback which immoblized an enemy Rhino inside enemy deployment zone.

By turn 3, my force was entirely within his deployment zone, and his force hadn't moved (due in part to the fact that I had him pinned with tanks). The Assault Marines came flying out of the Landraider into combat with a Dark Angel Landraider and Rhino, the Landraider (DA) went BOOM. The Landspeeder popped the DA Dreadnaught leaving only a Rhino with 10 Dark Angels in to to face the might of the Assault Squad, landspeeder, my Landraider, and all the Inquisitorial Stormtroopers and thier transports on the east flank of the table. The Dark Angel squad managed to pop my LandRaider with its 2 melta weapons before my force on that flank managed to engage them in close combat and end them. Dark Angel Landspeeder Tempest attempted to reinforce this flank but in an incredibly bold and lucky move, my landspeeder's melta took out the Tempest before it achieved firing range. I owned this flank at the end of the game giving me Victory points for all 3 Stormtrooper squads and transports as well as the Assault Marines.

The center of the table was a little bloodier with both of my Marine Tactical squads, inquisitor and retinue and transport and the daemonhost getting ganked by his 931 point command squad (including land raider transport), both rhino's getting spilt apart by his venerable dreadnaught, and my venerable dreadnaught finally falling to his combined assault of-command squad, assault squad and his venerable dreadnaught. However, the Daemonhost lasted 4 turns in close combat with the Dark Angel assault squad (tied up the meltabombs nicely). And my Venerable dreadnaught did significant damage to his assault squad and command squad.

We didn't even calculate final Victory Points as he was left with only 1 squad (that damned command squad) above 50% and one undamaged dreadnaught. That, combined with the fact that I had over 1000 victory points in his deployment zone, caused my opponent to concede to a humiliating defeat at the hands of the Inquisition.

Which all leads me to restate, "If the Inquisition asks about Cypher, either answer the question, or prepare to die!"

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    103 (x8)

There's actually no way you could have legally fielded that Land Raider. GK LR/LRCs require a GK Hero, and regular LRs can only be purchased as dedicated transports for Inq/Inq Lord units. And you can't take them from the Space Marine list.

Other than that, decent Ordo Xenos-like list.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's odd....Army Builder let me take it....but then Army Builder has bugs...

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

786 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Aizar Kel
    That's odd....Army Builder let me take it....but then Army Builder has bugs...
    A pencil, paper, and a calculator are not so difficult or time-consuming to use.
    But other than that, it's a pretty nifty Ordo Xenos-style list. And just think what an additional 250+ points can get you!
    ninjabackhand: point and click, again, really? even after i give you an military term "shock tactic" you still call it point and click.
    RIP Warhammer 40,000: 21 Sep 1998 - 24 May 2014

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    131 (x5)

If you take out one of the IST squads and the Deathwatch kill team counts as a SM HQ then this list would be a legal SM list w/ DH allies.

Back in action! Lord Yossanrion's Avatar
    Canberra, ACT, Australia, reading "Make-Out Paradise."
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    206 (x6)

*boot*

Moved to Battle Reps.

~Yoss
    Anzac Clan!
    Final Fantasy!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

pretty sure that venerable dread is illegal as well.

What was his army list?

Just don't play my dark angels with that list.

Easy there, no public humiliations/flaming. ~Yoss
    Last edited by Lord Yossanrion; August 9th, 2006 at 12:42.
    <u>Army: W/L/T</u>

<span style='color:green'>Dark Angels</span>: <span style='color:red'>20/3/0</span>
    <span style='color:gray'>Daemonhunters: </span> <span style='color:red'>Under Construction</span>
    <span style='color:blue'>Minas Tirith</span> <span style='color:red'>1/0/0</span>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Dark Angels had:

HQ

Master, Librarian, Chaplain, Epistolary, Vet Sgt., Apothocary, and 3 Marines
    Land Raider Transport
    (this squad was 931 points!!)

Elite:
    Venerable Dreadnaught
    Dreadnaught

Troop
    10 Marines multimelta, meltagun
    Rhino Transport
    10 Marines multimelta, meltagun
    Rhino Transport
    10 Scouts

Fast Attack
    Land Speeder Tempest
    10 Assault Marines w/melta bombs

Heavy Support
    Land Raider

his army was model count light and character heavy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your opponent is a moron.

931 points? Give me a break. I know it looks cool to take that kind of squad but I guarantee killing that squad on turn one. Tell him to split it up, put the chappie with the assault squad, and drop the land raider in favour of a dev squad.

Although if he plays as well as he makes armies, you will still, to borrow a video gaming term "pwnage" his sorry butt.
    <u>Army: W/L/T</u>

<span style='color:green'>Dark Angels</span>: <span style='color:red'>20/3/0</span>
    <span style='color:gray'>Daemonhunters: </span> <span style='color:red'>Under Construction</span>
    <span style='color:blue'>Minas Tirith</span> <span style='color:red'>1/0/0</span>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To be fair, he has recently purchased a LOT of HQ models on e-bay and was hungry to play with them. If I'd had a chance to see his army list before I made mine (I know I know cheating!), I would've taken 3 baslisks and vaped the landraider before it knew what hit it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast