Librarium Online Forums banner

The Ecclesiarchy vs. 4500 Tau and Armored Company

851 views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  EmoJosh 
#1 ·
Me and my two friends played a 3 on 2 game against some guys at a local store. We each had 1500 pts and they had their points mostly in the Armored Company player. I used this game to test my new IG army, all Valhallan models. :ninja: I can't include all the lists because they didn't have copies of theirs and my friends didn't either but heres the jist of it.

Me

Junior Officer w/ Honorifica and Mortar Iron D.

2 Tech Priests w/ 4 HB Servitors

Callidus Assassin

Inquisitor Lord w/ 3 HB Servitors, Liber Heresius and Psychic Hood

Infantry Platoon w/ Junior Officer and Mortar Iron D.

2 Lascannon Squads

Infantry Platoon Junior Officer w/ Mortar and Iron D.

3 Lascannons Squads

1 Basilisk w/ Indirect

1 Russ w/ Extra Armor and Dozer Blades Lascannon and HBs

1 Demolisher w/ Extra Armor and Dozer Blades, Lascannon and HBs

Doctrines: Close Order Drill, Iron D. Tech Priests

Ally 1

HQ Platoon w/ 3 Flamers Junior Off. w/ Power Weapon Chimera w/ Extra Armor Dozer Blades, Multi Laser and HB (same for all his Chimeras)

3 Grenadier Squads w/ 2 Flamers and Chimeras

2 Storm Trooper Squads w/ 2 Meltas and Chimeras

2 Russ equipped same as mine

Doctrines: Mechanized, Grenadiers, Storm Troopers

All 2

Grand Master w/ Demon Hammer, Master Crafted Force stick, Icon of the Just, Holocaust

5 GK Termies w/ Psycannon and Brother Captain w/ Thunnder Hammer and Master crafted nemesis stick

10 GK and Justicar w/ Master crafted Nemesis stick

10 Storm Troopers w/ 2 Meltas and a Chimera, same equipment as Ally 1's

2 Land Raider Crusaiders w/ Smoke and Dozer Blades

Tau

4 Wound Commander with Ion Blaster, Fusion Blaser, 4+ Invuln. +1BS, Target Lock and Multi-Tracker, 2 Gun Drones

2 Body Guards w/ Plasma and Missile Pods, same equipement

Ethereal w/ maxed out Bodyguard and Markerlight

2 Suits w/ Plasma and and Missile Pods, same equipment as the suits above

2x 12 Kroot

12 Fire Warriors w/ Markerlight

6 Pathfinders w/ Devilfish

2x 5 Gun Drone squads

2x Hammerheads w/ Rail Gun and Tau Track Guards

3x Broadsides w/ 6 Shield Drones

Armored Company

2x Vanquisher w/ Extra Armor

3x Basilisks w/ Indirect Fire

3x Sentinels w/ Lascannon, Extra Armor and Armored Top

2x Hell Hound w/ Extra Armor

6x Leman Russ w/ Extra Armor

Doctrines: Ace Gunners on all

We played Seek and Destroy with Escalataion. Dusk and Dawn was not in effect. The field was LITTERED with terrain, we had 3 level 3 hills in our DZ as well as a ruins and a couple smaller hills. The had a ruins and alot of level 2 walls as well as a forest.

The Ethereal and guard hid in the ruins and the Fore Warriors hid left of them. One Kroot squad was in front of the ruins. The other Kroot squad hid in the forest. THe Pathfinders hid behind another ruin more to my left. The Sentinels started all the way to the right. I plaed one Tech Priest opposite the Sentinels and the other on the far left. All the Offciers hid behind hills and the Guard went on the hills to see over things. The Inquisitor stood on a hill in the center. We than won the roll for 1st turn.

Ecclesiarchy Turn 1:

I only moved 2 squads to have them all on the hill and went right into shooting. The Techpriest opened up on the Sentinels, Immobilizing one and Shaking them all. The Mortars fired, killing 3 Fire Warriors in the ruins and 10 Kroot in front of the ruins, also Pinning them. The Inquisitor HB gunned down another 2 Tau in the ruins while Lasguns knocked off 3 Kroot in the forest. The Tau was looking injured as they went into their first turn.

Enemy Turn 1:

The Pathfinders and Fire Warriors not in ruins ran towards the nearest cover but were still a ways off. The squad in the tower fired a Marker light granting +1 BS and killed 5 Guardsmen. 2 Sentinels moved up a bit, but otherwise did nothing. The Boradsides moved towards the forest but were short.

Ecclesiarchy Turn 2:

Reserves began to arrive. My Russ, Assasin and Demolisher showed up, as well as all the GK except the HQ and their Crusaider. All the Guard showed up except 2 of his Chimeras. The Assasin was dropped to hold up the Broadsides and all the tanks rolled up to creat kill zones. The GK hugged the far left, leaving me all alone on the right as the Guard had the middle left. Nothing moved so we went to shooting.

Mortars did good once again, dropping more Fire Warriors in the tower and 3 Pathfinders. The Assasin fried two Drones with her flamer. Ordanance claimed a few forest Kroot and 2 of the Sentinels. The Assassin charges and slaughters 2 Drones and a Broadside, but they hold on and pile in. The field was looking clear but they had alot of reserves...

Enemy Turn 2:

All the tanks come in except the Devilfish, 1 Hammerhead, 1 Hellhound and 1 Basilisk. All the suits come in but the Gun drones don't. The Commander drops right by alot of Guard squads and a Russ. The Basis hide behind terrain and all the tanks cover firing lines. The Fire Warriors and Pathfinders run for cover but are again short. The remaining Sentinel hides. The other suits come down behind the forest.

Shooting begins and alot of templates fly around. One of our Russes is Immobilized and Shaken. Most of my Guard squads go to 50% or under from Ordanance. The Commander and Co. kill my Inquisitor squad and 1 Guardsmen and are starting to look nervous that they didn;'t hurt the Russ next to them. The forest Kroot kill 3 Guardsmen. The Bodyguard Fire Warriors drop two HB servitors from ma Tech Priest. A Vanquisher blows the AC off the Crusaider. We get off pretty light as the Tau miss alot and the Ordanance mostly has to go to Guard but it still hurts. Luckily nothing runs or is pinned. :yes:

The Assassin drops two more drones and than jumps out of combat to charge in our turn.

Ecclesiarchy Turn 3:

The rest of our Reserves come in except one last Chimera. The Chimeras advance towards the forest except the GK one which rolls up towards the Sentinel, but not close enough. All the Grenadiers disembark in the forest. The GK HQ and Co. drive up by the Commander suits and ready to charge. The other Crusaider drives into the forest and the GK jump out. The remaining tanks take up firing positions.

My Basi scatters badly and does nothing. The rest of the Ordanance kills a Fire Warrior squad and that's it. :cry: My Lascannons Stun a Vanquisher. Mortars scatter all wrong this turn and do nothing. HBs are running low on targets and only kill 1 Fire Warrior in the tower. The Assasin flames one drone while the Grenadiers kill all the forest Kroot and do a wound to a suit with flamers alone.

The GKs charge the 2 suits while the GM and Co. charge the Commander suits. The Assassin charges the Broadsides. Another Broadside gets sliced apart while the GKs kill all but one suit who doesn;t run. The Commander takes no wounds but does lose all his drones and a bodyguard, they also hold.

Enemy Turn 3:

The rest of their Reserves come on. One drone squad scatters and dies while the other lands right behind my Demolishers back armor.The Hammerhead moves on to target my Basi and the Devilfish comes and picks up the Pathfinders. The Stunned Vanquisher hides behind the Hellhounds.

Shooting sees all my Officer squads reduced to just the Officer and one Techpriest left by himself. The new Crusaider is Immobilized as is my Basi. The Hellhounds bake a Grenadier squad and one Chimera. The Drones do nothing to my Demolisher. Most of the Ordanance goes into our tanks but can't find a weak spot in the front armor.

In combat my Assassin kills one drone as she's getting tired. The GKs finish off the suits and Massacre towards a Hellhound. The Commander and his bodyguard bitres it but his Fail Safe Detonator claims a Termie. The Consolidate behind cover.

Ecclesiarchy Turn 4:

This turn was brutal for our opponents. The Termies jumped into the Crusaider and the GKs moved to assault the Hellhound. Ordanance claimed the Devilfish and all it's occupants as well as the rest of the Kroot. Mortars left the Ethereal and 1 Bodyguard alive. Lascannons claimed a Hammerhead and a Hellhound as well as a Russ being Immobilized. The final Sentinel was brought down as was another Russ. The Drones were gunned down by HBs.

In combat the GKs blew up the other Hellhound and hid safely behind it's wrecked hull. The Assasin finished off the Broadsides and Massacred towards the tower.

At this point our opponents conceeded. The Tau had one thing left on the board that could really do anything. The Armored Company player had few targets that he could see and our assault units were rolling up towards their back armor as well as the Grenadiers advancing on the Basis.

I think the other side could have done alot better with tank placment and traget selection. They also forgot the terrain rules which cut them off from shooting the first few turns. Sorry if this report isn't as clean as my usual ones but in a huge game with 5 people it's hard to catch everything. :ninja:

See less See more
#2 ·
I would like to make one correction, I was the Ally that played a machnized unit and this was the list.

HQ:

Junior Officer, P weapon, Honorifica Imperialis, 1 Master vox, 3 flamers, Hardended fighters

Chimera, multi-laser, Heavy Bolter, Rough Terrain Mod, Xtra Armor, Smokes(Same config for all Cimeras)

Troops:
10 Man Grenadiers, Vet Sgt(/w P Weapon), 2 Plasma Guns, Vox Caster, Chimera

10 Man Grenadiers, Vet Sgt(/w P Weapon), 2 Plasma Guns, Vox Caster, Chimera

10 Man Grenadiers, Vet Sgt(/w P Weapon), 2 Melta Guns, Vox Caster, Chimera

Elites:
10 Man Storm Troopers, Vet Sgt(/w P Weapon), 2 Melta Guns, Vox Caster, Chimera

10 Man Storm Troopers, Vet Sgt(/w P Weapon), 2 Melta Guns, Vox Caster, Chimera

Heavy Support:
2 Leman Russ's Lascannon Hull, 2 Heavy Bolter SPpnson, Xtra Armour, Rough Terrain Mod

Thats the list.

#5 ·
no i think its the fact that i hit a suit and that had a Ld value, and than since the drones can always be removed i wounded on the suits Ld but the drones died from it. just another 40k catch 22.

#6 ·
The nero shreader or whatever it is called uses Ld as toughness. So assuming you hit the whole squad with the shreader we have 3 broadsides with Ld X, and 6 gun drones with leadership N/A. So one possible way to resolve this is that you can't effect the drones at all. Therefor there are only 3 valid targets, the broadsides, and any wound inflicted goes directly to them.

There are no rules for assigning wounds done to drone controlers to their drones, just in most cases as they have the same armour and toughness so you can assign wounds where you want, and most people want them on the drones.

As for the drones gaining the Ld of the drone controler, where does it say that? If you shoot a squad of firewarriors with a sargent the average T of the squad (which is their Ld value for this one weapon) is what you use to wound, not the improved value of the sargent. As are useing Ld in place of T for this test the average T of the broadside/shield drone squad is actualy N/A.

I'm not sure what to do in this senario, and just house ruleing it (for example just giving the drones the same Ld as the drone controler) seems the best solution.

Anyways this isn't the place for rules discussion, congrats on your win.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.