Slaughter of Atrious 9 (Tau-Fluff)- Two battles - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    38 (x1)

Slaughter of Atrious 9 (Tau-Fluff)- Two battles

Hello, this is my first battle report. I hope you like it: It's actually two reports in one. The first game was sort of a 'warm up' for me, and I know that there was little chance of me actually losing it. But anyway, this one is going to be fairly long, I hope you don't mind. I'm trying my hand at battle fluff, so...

Match One- Tau vs Eldar

(///Transmission Begins\\\)

Surveying the remaining wreckage, it was easily apparent that there were indeed Terrans about. Only they could've brought down an armored column like the one that had been sent to survey the area around the Atrious 9 landing site. He could still see the railgun from a Hammerhead, turret and all, resting against a boulder. Only the scorch marks showed that it had in fact once been attached to a tank at all.

"El' Deran, what do we do?"

Blinking, the Tau commander shook off his thoughts, looking to the displays inside his Crisis suit. It was the captain of their scout force's Warfish; A variant of the standard devilfish that mounted it's burst cannon on a top-turret to allow targeting systems to be placed in the nose instead. El' Deran sighed, a last glance at the wreckage telling him all he needed to know, "We have underestimated the Terran presence here. It is unlikely that with our force we will be able to face them."

"Alright, then shall we return to the... Wait, I'm heat readings on my scanners! Life forms, a large number of them. Approximately human sized, possibly a Terran force. I don't detect any vehicles, it is definitely not another Tau unit."

"How many exactly?"

"Approximitely... twenty. Orders?"

"Hmmm... Kians, tell the Kroot to prepare themselves, we are going to attack!"

Ok, so game one began. 500 points, one HQ and two troop choices.

-----

I had: Tau

x12 Firewarriors, mounted in a Warfish (Smart Missile System, Targetting Array, Multitracker, Decoy Launcher)- 240 pts

x1 XV8- Crisis Shas'El (Hardwired Multi-tracker, Targetting Array, Fusion Blaster, Plasma Rifle) 97 pts

13x Kroot Carnivores with 12x Kroot Hounds- 163 pts

500 pts total

-----

He had: Eldar

x5 Farseer Council, x2 Warlocks

x10 ?Eldar foot soldier?

x10 ?Eldar foot soldier?

-------

The terrain was varied, with a fortress on one side, midway between my side of the board and his (Of course, the entrance was on his side). Then there were some hills on the other side, again midway. Then on my side there were some craters and wreckage (like my unused railgun).

He deployed one unit of foot soldiers behind the fortress, and the other unit of footsoldiers and Farseer Council in the hills. I deployed my Kroot in the middle of the board, with my Crisis as close to the fortress as I could get, my Warfish right beside it.

-------

"No, these aren't Terrans... These are Eldar."

"Do we still engage?"

"We can't take the risk, we still attack." Daren ordered, moving up to the wall of a ruined fortress, trying to adjust his sensors to allow him to know if something was waiting for him on the other side, "Move forward, around the right wall of the fortress. Is there anyone inside?"

"No, not that we can see."

Nodding, Daren powered up his jet pack, the feeling of flight flowing over him suddenly as he watched the ground rush away. Then he was sailing over the wall, and he saw clearly the opposition; Still several dozen meters from the entrance of the fortress and no danger to him. After he landed, he saw the Warfish skimming along, levitating over the walls. He contemplated telling the pilot to lower his altitude, but the vehicle had no sensor spines and they couldn't risk a wreck.

Suddenly, he heard the distinct discharge of missiles, and saw four bright stars of light dark over his head. The ribbon of smoke left behind soon dissipated in the wind, even as the explosions lit up the sky...

---------

I went first, and ran my leader up towards the fort as far as I could go. The Warfish ran up the right side. The Eldar were on the left side of the fortress, but I didn't want to risk getting shot at if I could help it. I fired my Smart Missile System over the fortress into them, killing two. I also moved my Kroot horde towards the right of the map, the slow advance towards the Farseer council and other unit beginning.

--------

"Sir, our barrage damaged them, but they are still standing. They are trying to retreat down the other side of the fortress, they are not, repeat, are not making for the entrance. Permission to pursue?"

"Permission granted, but be careful. Don't expose yourself to fire from the other groups if you can help it. Are the Kroot moving?"

"Yes, but it will take them several minutes to reach the other enemies."

"Roger."

Daren smirked, making quick calculations in his head. Then he boosted upwards, over the wall and landing just on the other side. He could see the surprised look in the Eldar soldiers' eyes, even as he raised his weapons and discharged them with a cry of "For the Greater Good!"

Blinding beams of heat and energy poured from his plasma rifle and fusion blaster, cutting through the meager armor that tried to stop the onslaught like it wasn't even there at all. Deran was already back over the wall before the smoking bodies even hit the ground, and he saw the Warfish coming up behind them, the burst cannon firing in conjunction with another volley of missiles before landing in the safety of the fortress...

-----

He tried to escape the wrath of my warfish by running down the opposite wall, but he didn't realize my Smart Missile System could just shoot around them, and since it's a Skimmer the Warfish could shoot over it anyway. Also, his Fleet of Foot roll wasn't enough to compensate for my Warfish's advance. He charged right into my XV8 Leader's range, and I jumped over the wall, shot, and jumped back over the wall. Then ran my Warfish right up behind him, shooting with both my burst cannon and my Smart Missile System. He was getting peeved by this point. I killed off 7 more Eldar that round, and he failed his leadership test so began to fall back. That unit would never trouble me again.

The Farseer Council and other unit of footsoldiers used their movements to get even further behind/into the hills for the cover save and line of sight blocking. He also used his Walocks to cast Fortune on both units, so they could re-roll any failed cover saves.

My Kroot continued their advance.

-----

"Let the survivor's retreat, concentrate on the remaining forces. Captain, you may fire when ready."

Boosting as far as his jet pack would allow, Daren raced towards the remaining Eldar, keeping pace with the Warfish that ran out in front of him, more missiles and pulse shots launching from it's weapon systems. And to his right, he could see a mass of green and black charging wildly, ready to kill...

-----

Ok, ran my leader and Kroot up further, ran my Warfish up closer and fired more missiles/burst cannon shots. I only killed one, if any, because of the cover saves, and the fact he could re-roll them due to Fortune.

Alright, he actually retaliated this time, using his warlock powers to blast the front of my Warfish. Something storm, he put a pie plate right over the nose (Just barely in range, it was insanely close.). One hit on target, the other scattered an inch away, but it didn't matter. The one that hit missed it's armor penetration roll (He had to roll two sixes anyway), and the other just missed. Other than that he moved his foot soldiers over the hill he was hiding behind and fired at the Kroot (Which oddly enough were closer to him than my leader for some reason), killing a few carnivores.

-----

Getting a status report from the Warfish captain, Daren cursed, "All of that and you don't even know if you hit anything?"

"Luck seems to be on their side, they are using their trickery to disrupt our firing. Some strange energy bombarded us a few moments ago, but everything seems to have returned to normal."

"Alright, continue your advance, prepare to disembark soldiers." then witching frequencies, he told his soldiers, "My brave firewarriors, the time for courage is now! Crush all opposition, fight gloriously in the name of the Tau! For the Greater Good!"

The Kroot carnivores fired at the Eldar that had appeared over the hill, but their poor marksmenship coupled with the fact their enemies were just outside the Kroot weapons' range meant that any hits that could've hit were so weak that they bounced off the armor of their opponents, but still ran forward. A few Kroot fell to return fire, strange star shaped projectiles embedded into their hides.

Deran boosted behind a peice of wreckage, watching the unfolding events. He dared not go any further and risk exposing himself, so was limited to observing.

The Warfish ran right up to the Eldar leaders, who were hiding in the vegetation and rocks that dotted the hills. It's burst cannon and missiles fired to little effect, but then the back and side hatches opened and Fire Warriors, clad in sleek blue and silver armor leapt out. Their pulse rifles cut through the air, a wall of blue that melted the landscape and killed several Eldar.

However, they stood their ground. And two of the survivors' began to become hazy in the afternoon light...

-----

Fish of Fury! lol...

Ya, I went around the hill and fish of furied the Farseer council, but between my poor rolls and his cover saves out of 31 shots I inflicted a grand total of TWO kills... He passed his leadership test and whatnot. I tried to rapid fire with my Kroot, but only a few were in range and they just sort of... missed. Then his turn he fired with his foot soldiers, but only killed like two carnivores.

I just sort of left my XV8 leader sit there and watch...

-----

Light filled the air, engulfing the Kroot in a pair of blinding flashes. When the dust cleared, five had dissapeared from the rear of the unit, but that was it. Enraged by the loss of their comrades, the Kroot roared and charged forward, their weapons' orginal use forgotten. They weilded their primitive rifles like clubs and staves, bloodlust in their eyes. The hounds growled and howled as they ran, ready to slaughter.

-----

...Then he tried the 'storm' power thing against my Kroot. Two plates, on in the front of the unit, one in the back. Both hit dead on on the scatter dice. He needed fours to hit, then threes to kill (I had no armor saves: They're Kroot)... And missed all of them! Every single one. It was hilarious. Then he killed five with the second plate, but still... It was just funny that he missed every time with the first plate.

Now it was my turn again after he did his pie plate attack, and the fun began.

-----

The Eldar were unprepared for the howling lizard-dogs that were upon them, biting and mauling faster than they could react. However, after the initial charge the Eldar counterattack inflicted many casualties, until the remaining carnivores arrived. The slaughter was intense and quick, as the Eldar forces were overrun.

-----

Ya, I charged with my horde, and just completely disembowled him. I sweeping advanced him and he didn't even come close to winning the initiative check. I didn't even bother moving my HQ. My impotent firewarriors and devilfish missed the farseer council, AGAIN! Actually, I'm not even sure if I shot, all I know is all three of them survived.

-----

The Eldar lay slain and dismembered around as the Kroot shot their weapons wildly in victory. However, Deran watched as suddenly, followed by a hail of blue pulse fire, three Eldar charged over the hill, and toar into the Kroot. A feirce melee insued, and in the chaos the results couldn't be seen.

-----

He charged his Farseer council into close combat with my Kroot as a last ditch effort type thing. He actually won the combat because I didn't have enough units engaged to attack him effectively, and I fell back after failing the Kroot's leadership test. But he couldn't sweeping advance me (No units within two inches of the enemy) and conceited.

-----

"So, these are the ones that gave us so much trouble..." Daren mumbled to himself. Eldar... He'd never seen one up close, and they lived up to their reputation. Graceful, thin, and quicker than a Kroot Hound. But bound and gagged, looking up at his battlesuit in anger, fear, and disgust the intimidating persona they might've given off was somewhat negated, "You, Kroot. Take ten others and take them back to the Manta. Perhaps they can be shown the light of the Greater Good. As for the rest of you, mount up. We still need to confirm the continued presence of Terrans on this piece of rock."

-----

And that is how I won my first game of Warhammer 40k. Anything you think you saw that I could've done better, or anything else, tell me. I'll post up the 'slaughter' part later. I have to go to school tomorrow though, so... Ya, it probably won't be up till then.

By the way, how did you like the report?

Shas'El Deran Ein is my fluff commander. He's the only one that survives the Slaughter of Atrious 9...

I'll give you a hint. It was my army (The exact one as above) and an Imperial Guard army vs an army of Space Marines and an army of Necrons.

...I'll post it up tomorrow. Leave your thoughts here please.

"My capacity for hard work is immense. It's my willingness to do said work that's lacking..."

Fluffmaster Clan Member

Shas'El A'ava Mont'Ein D'ran O'Kroot - Tau Fluff HERE

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    48 (x1)

well written and described, a great report well done

Carni
    If you like the post click the *STAR* <===

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    -41 (x0)

ooooh its gonna go down with the SM, IG, necrons and tau...
    -SONS of RUSS member-

Exiled until 5thED redo...

Wher dat naked blue chik? Jaffar_Hasad's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    260 (x6)

Pretty good, but a few problems I saw. So the warfish has its burst cannons on top, but in the game it was armed with a SMS? They also used human words and phrases that a tau would never say. Roger? Terrans? Instead of Roger they would say "For the Greater Good" or some equivilant. And they have their own word for terrans, which is Gue'la, and it sounds cooler and more degrading to our race. Sorry, but I like tau fluff and I had to point that out. Good start for a first time
    Sleeping, not dead.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Removed by the moderators.

+ Reply to Thread