Warhammer 40K Tourney results - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    31 (x2)

Warhammer 40K Tourney results

This event took place at our areas first official game convention (CharCon) and we had 16 entrants (I think).

Points for the matches was set at 1250 using standard scenario options at Gamma Level. The games were all "City Fight" and this was my VERY first time using Cityfight rules.

My list:
    1. Tyrant with Venom Cannon and TL Devourers, 1 Tyrant Guard
    2. 2 units of 3 Warriors equiped identical: 1 with Venom Cannon/Rending Claws and 2 with TL Devourers
    3. 2 units of 10 Genestealers with Flesh hooks.
    4. Unit of 4 swarm bases.
    5. Carnifex with Venom Cannon and TL Devourers
    6. Carnifex with Barbed Strangler and TL Devourers

Game 1: My Tyranids versus Tau. Had to plant flags in buildings and whoever had the most flags/buildings won at the end. Nids killed all the Tau (except the Hammerhead) and took all 6 buildings.

Game 2: My Tyranids versus Tau. Had to defend your bunker while taking the enemies bunker. I misunderstood the objective and was thinking like the first game where I planted flags and owned the building. In this one you had to have a troop in the objective. I had the Tau on the ropes as they had a Broadside, 7 Firewarriors and a sniper team remaining. I had lost a little and was on top of them with my Genestealers. I had still owned my building/bunker and his building/bunker was now mine. Regrettably, I had no troops in them, when time was called for the game. A draw!

Game 3: My Tyranids versus Necrons. I poured a ton of fire into the Crons and those nice saves and WBB's were daunting, but when my Genestealers hit his line it went bad from there. He had a tough time with my 2+ saves on my big stuff and only managed to kill a Tyrant Guard. In the end he conceeded when he had a unit of warriors remaining and the nids were barely scratched.

As you can see I got two nice match ups in round one and two. Both Tau players had no Kroot or Vespids to screen hand-to-hand. When my Genestealers hit their lines, they mowed them down in droves.

I took the Title at Charcon for the 40k touney and opted for 50% off warmachine instead of the Cityfight terrain (Table full of City terrain). (i have a decent amount of terrain already)

Last edited by Romulus; October 16th, 2006 at 19:18.
    40K: Tyranid, Necron, Space Wolves
    Fantasy: Dark Elves, Lizardmen, Orcs & Goblins, Dwarves

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    57 (x3)

Nid's have a huge advantage in Cityfight because most of them ignore terrain and they also gain the cover save. However, its suprising Necrons had such a hard time. All they need to do is hold up in one building, all be in range of a lord with resurrection orb and then have the thing that turns a building into a "feel no pain" building. Assuming you get no rending hits with your genestealers and then wound, the Necrons get an armour save, feel no pain and then their WBB. As for shooting, i dont know much about 'Nid guns but i assume Necrons would get their Armour, Feel no Pain and WBB. Even when your genestealers charge the Necrons should be able to unleash enough firepower to just wipe them out with their AP5 Guns and especially if there are plenty of Destroyers, i fail to see how he did so badly lol.

My Arena Champions: Kharn'eth The Bloodcleaver and Gorzag Iron Jaw

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    31 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by RobtheGuru View Post
    Nid's have a huge advantage in Cityfight because most of them ignore terrain and they also gain the cover save. However, its suprising Necrons had such a hard time. All they need to do is hold up in one building, all be in range of a lord with resurrection orb and then have the thing that turns a building into a "feel no pain" building. Assuming you get no rending hits with your genestealers and then wound, the Necrons get an armour save, feel no pain and then their WBB. As for shooting, i dont know much about 'Nid guns but i assume Necrons would get their Armour, Feel no Pain and WBB. Even when your genestealers charge the Necrons should be able to unleash enough firepower to just wipe them out with their AP5 Guns and especially if there are plenty of Destroyers, i fail to see how he did so badly lol.
    He took the Ammo Dump (reroll missed shooting) and holed up 2 warrior squads in the building. He had a unit of 5 Destroyers, 8 Immortals (Lord with Veil) and scarabs moving around the board. He was very worried on my big stuff and poured like 50 shots into my big guys a turn. The necrons AP is like 4 or 5's and my 2+ saves were on the mark that day. He killed my Tyrant guard with the 3+ save, but I just made the other 2+ saves. His line broke when he misjudged how far a Genstealer could move/charge as I hit his Destroyers and Immortals with them. He veiled out the Immortals (from the stealers) and they veered right in front of the Tyrant who promptly opened up on them and preceeded to wade into them killing indiscriminately. From there the Destroyers broke and were ran down as the Genestealers hit the warriors side. The other stealers and Fexs hit the other warriors and with the Lord way over there the Res Orb couldn't counter the Monstrous Creature hits with the Stealers rending.

The Necron's Hindsight: He came into the last round with two solid victories, but he was too worried/focused on my big stuff and should have paid more attention to the Genestealers. He also was taken back on how fast I moved through cover and this really limited his shooting. (note: I only left him decent shots on my 2+ save Big stuff and hid my genestealers well) He wished he would have moved the Destroyers/Immortals early on to get shots at the genestealers. By the time he realized how fast they were moving, I was on him and the destroyers were lost.
    Last edited by Romulus; October 16th, 2006 at 19:39.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

57 (x3)

Thats fair enough. Not how i would have gone about it but well done either way. Nid's are not all that they are made out to be i find. Usually you can beat them quite easily aslong as you have kitted out the army appropriately i.e. plenty of template weapons. What could have been a pain for you is if the Tau guy gave his commander airbusting fragmentation launcher or whatever its called. It probably would have caused your genestealers quite a significant bit of pain, but still, good job. Nice to see that the CC armies are not getting their butts handed to them

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    86 (x1)

Congrats on the win.

After using my nids in City Fight I can see how good they can be and you did get to play some nice squishy Tau after all. So a hammerhead survived, guess you did not let your fexes play with the squeaky toy in the cockpit (read my batrep on Cities of Steel).

Were you able to get any pics at all???
    Army most recently finished (well kinda): Space Wolves
    Last Project completed: Converted Aegis Defence Lascannon
    Next Project: Long Fang Diaorama

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    31 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by Hilly View Post
    Congrats on the win.

After using my nids in City Fight I can see how good they can be and you did get to play some nice squishy Tau after all. So a hammerhead survived, guess you did not let your fexes play with the squeaky toy in the cockpit (read my batrep on Cities of Steel).

Were you able to get any pics at all???
    The Hammerhead shot twice and was Stunned the rest of the time. I hit it with the Carnifexs but alas I couldn't roll a single six to hit.

Sorry, no pics. I forgot my camera!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    101 (x3)

Nice Win!

I guess i lesson to learn from this is we must all know the exact mission rules :shifty:

Grats!

Quote Originally Posted by Killer Clown
    Aren't we just the popular boy! Your title should read 'stud muffin of LO'!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    31 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by RobtheGuru View Post
    Thats fair enough. Not how i would have gone about it but well done either way. Nid's are not all that they are made out to be i find. Usually you can beat them quite easily aslong as you have kitted out the army appropriately i.e. plenty of template weapons. What could have been a pain for you is if the Tau guy gave his commander airbusting fragmentation launcher or whatever its called. It probably would have caused your genestealers quite a significant bit of pain, but still, good job. Nice to see that the CC armies are not getting their butts handed to them
    He had one, but the Tyrant's S8 Venom Cannon scored 5 hits on his squad. He promptly failed all the Sheild drones, his 3+ save, and whatever else save he had. The whole squad got killed on turn 2 or 3. He was quite upset.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

57 (x3)

That is some really bad luck on his behalf

+ Reply to Thread