1000 points World Eaters vs Biel-Tann Cities of Death - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    On an Island that nobody can find except for those who already know where it is.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1000 points World Eaters vs Biel-Tann Cities of Death

First off, this battle report was mainly written by my opponent (LordLink), so the report is pretty much from his point of view. I just proof-read it, fixing things here and there, and still keeping it his point of view, I also wrote some of the fluff, and i wrote all the annoying comments that appear.

Ok we had finally updated from cityfight to cities of death so we were using the new rules. Our last 2 games had been draws (Editors Comment: one technical win and one technical loss) so this one was almost like a grudge match. Hopefully our next game will be played with the new eldar codex.

Biel-Tann Swordwind

Fuegan

5 rangers

5 fire dragons

4 fire dragons (I know I made a mistake. I am so used to using Fuegan as a fire dragon exarch I thought this squad was 5 man. >.<)

5 howling banshees
    Exarch /w executioner

Falcon (Epsilon) /w pulse laser, starcannon, holo-field, spirit stones, star engines
    Falcon (Echo) /w pulse laser, starcannon, holo-field, spirit stones

World Eaters

Lieutenant Smash /w pair of master-crafted lightning claws, terminator armour, daemonic mutation, spiky bits, Mark of Khorne, furious charge, daemonic strength

7 berserkers /w chainaxes, furious charge (Khorne 1)
    Aspiring Champion /w power fist

7 berserkers /w chainaxes, furious charge (Khorne 2)
    Aspiring Champion /w power weapon, daemonic strength

6 Berserkers /w chainaxes, furious charge (Khorne 3) (We know he made a mistake, he thought that the Lt. counted towards favoured and I didn’t notice the squad numbers. (Editors Comment: The champions extra attack didn't do anything, except scrag fuegan a bit)
    Aspiring Champion /w chainaxe

Dreadnought /w DCCW, twin lascannon

Predator /w all lascannons

The Board
    It was only a small 4x4 board but we were ok with that since it was only a friendly match. There was a large building in the centre (Editors comment: the ruined Vodka factory ) with a smaller building in each table quarter. Some rubble down the left side.

Mission
    We rolled and got Domination. Have as many buildings with 1 of your squads in them as possible.

Stratagems
    I chose the thing that lets me disembark units straight out of skimmers into buildings and razorwire. He chose wreckers so his dread could smash up buildings and something else (Editors comment: Combat Engineers, it meant i could cut his wire). I managed to put the razorwire to cage in his deployment zone meaning he had to go through difficult terrain at almost all times. He only moved through one the whole game (and managed to cut it) but it forced him into the buildings difficult terrain so it did its job.

Deployment
    I got to choose my table quarter and chose one away from the rubble on the left. His predator went on the left edge of the table, his berserkers spread out across his quarter. The dread went to the right of his quarter. Lt. Smash joined Khorne 3. Both my falcons sat behind the building in my quarter, the rangers deployed inside it. The avatar skirted the left side of the building while the Fire Dragons skirted the right side. Banshees went in Epsilon and Fuegan and his guard in Echo (although Fuegan probably would have benefited from star engines more in retrospect).

Raven and Nephenthe sat in the command building debating tactics. The lord Fuegan burst through the doors, surrounded by fire dragons on either side.
    “I am taking charge of this battle, you two are ordered to remain here. I have a score to settle against the bloodthirsty traitor mon-keigh.? And with that he left as abruptly as he arrived. The farseers were stunned at this and simply sat back to watch the oncoming battle as Fuegan attempted to cleanse the city of chaos scum. In the distance they heard the roar of Biel-Tanns avatar. Fuegan had already taken charge of the SwordWind.

Meanwhile, a few blocks away, the bloodthirsty World Eaters approached the Eldar Position. The leader of the warband, Lt Smash, held up his gauntlent, signalling the order to stop, the lightning claw crackled with energy as it cut through the air.
    “The Eldar are close, move to attack position!? His orders were swift, and his followers would have it no other way, preferring to spend a lot more time killing than listening. The Lieutenant turned to face a squad of berserkers.
    “I’ll be with you.? The statement was met without any response. However the champion of the squad spoke up, his voice horribly mutated by the energies of chaos.
    “But my liege, with you with us, we are no longer favoured by the blood god.?
    “Oh, really?? Was the Lieutenants reply, and slaughtered the champion in a devastating uppercut from his lightning claw. Blood sprayed over the squad, and they howled in bloodlust. The Lieutenants voice had risen to a yell.
    “We remain favoured!?

I won 1st turn.

Eldar Turn 1
    Echo flies 24? down right sight side leaning toward the dread. Epsilon flies left to deposit the banshees to back up the avatar. Dragons skirted the right of the large central building looking for some targets. Rangers sat in the building in my corner. Avatar advanced down left side.

The pair of falcons split up, speeding down the outskirts of the battle field in separate directions trying to confuse the chaos fire. All units divided up, preparing for orders from their phoenix lord.

Khorne Turn 1
    Khorne 1 advanced down the left side, only moving 3? through the rubble. Khorne 2 and 3 go right; skirting the building to get around to my troops. Predator blows off Epsilons pulse laser. Dread shakes Echo. Khorne 3 cuts a razorwire but stuffs up its difficult terrain move.

Eldar Turn 2
    Epsilon flew into the midst of Khorne 1. Avatar advanced upon them, unable to reach an assault yet. Echo made a seemingly suicidal charge into the midst of Khorne 2 and 3 as well as the dread (I have full faith in the resilience of my falcons). The fire dragons realise they can’t shoot without being assaulted by an angry mob so they decide to run off to the top right building. Rangers take some pot shots at Khorne 1 now that they can see but roll 3 1’s to hit then 2 1’s on the wound so do nothing (Editors comment: they were shooting out of the wrong window).

Each falcon slammed unerringly into the ranks of their foes, Epsilon unable to stand the impact and crashing in flaming wreckage; the warrior women inside scrambling to escape. Fuegan sat relieved that he had chosen the other falcon

Khorne Turn 2
    Khorne 1 frenzies into the falcon, It doesn’t matter though as they are within charge range of the avatar now. Khorne 3 frenzies into Echo, Khorne 2 calmly advances into the central building. Predator manages to kill Epsilon (I rolled a damn double 6) and a single banshee dies in the crash. Dread manages to blow off Echo’s pulse laser. Khorne 3 (Including Lieutenant) and the dread charge Echo, all attacks failing to hit. Khorne 1 charges into the entangled banshees, banshees attack first and get 2 hits out of 10 attacks with neither wounding. The berserkers then massacred the banshees. Failing to consolidate into the avatar thanks to difficult terrain (although it’s doubtful they could have reached anyway).

Eldar Turn 3
    Fuegan and his guards disembark and he un-attaches from them. Fire Dragons (not the ones with Fuegan) run into the building. The rangers shoot Khorne 1, failing to kill anything once more. The avatar charges into Khorne 1. Echo hovers around a bit to the left to hide from the predator and kills 2 berserkers with its starcannon. Fuegan melts something important to the dreadnought and it dies horribly. Fuegan’s Dragons kill 2 more berserkers from Lt. Smash’s squad. Avatar kills 3 members of Khorne 1 and another dies to no retreat. My opponent gets a lucky 2 wounds on him but I also roll well and pass both saves.

The dragons of the Swordwind advanced into a building to await further instructions. Fuegan emerged from his falcon pointing his retinue at the oncoming chaos tide; they calmly opened fire, holding back the onslaught long enough for their lord to do his work. Fuegan was successful in his mission and the enemy mechanical beast melted before his eyes as had thousand before it. With an almighty howl the avatar charged into the chaos. Proving himself to be the god of blood rather than the pitiful mon-keigh god.

Khorne Turn 3
    Khorne 2 slowly moves through the central building toward my fire dragons. Predator shoots the rangers getting 2 hits and 2 wounds. I fail both 3+ cover; the rangers roll 11 for morale and run! Lt. Smash un-attaches and charges the fire dragons. The remnants of Khorne 3 charge into Fuegan, 2 die, Fuegan is unharmed. Lt. Smash massacres the 3 fire dragons he can reach and luckily for me the last one runs away; letting me shoot him next turn, Lt. Smash consolidates into the dead dreadnought ruins to protect himself. The avatar fails to kill anyone from Khorne 1 and dies in return!

With yet another howl from the avatar, it was dragged down by the servants of chaos. The Aspiring Champion ran up to its head whilethe Avatart desperately tried to regain its feet. Distracted by the swarm of chaos marines, the monster didn’t even see him coming… until his head was taken off by the champion’s powerfist! And in this action, the power of chaos is recognised as their mere underlings defeated the Eldar so-called “god?.

Eldar Turn 4
    The rangers fail to rally! They just fail to run off the board thanks to difficult terrain. Echo wounds Lt. Smash with its starcannon but fails to kill him. My fleeing dragon from Fuegan’s boys kills a single member of Khorne 2. Fuegan easily finishes off the last member of Khorne 3. The Fire Dragons ran into the far depths of their building to avoid getting shot up like the rangers.

Left alone in their building the rangers sat nervously scanning the battlefield for targets. All of a sudden a lascannon struck a ranger through the building. Then another one struck with pinpoint accuracy. The rangers panicked at the seeming sniper lascannon fire. The berserker’s bloodlust was calming now. The seemingly invulnerable pansy before them was casually tearing off arms with his burning fist and lopping off heads with his axe. Fuegan exulted in the slaughter of the berserkers, tearing the champion limb from limb.

Khorne Turn 4
    The predator guns down 2 more rangers, sealing their fate. Khorne 1 butchers the fleeing fire dragon like a hog then sits right in the middle of the central building to try and stay out of sight. Khorne 2 makes it inside the Fire Dragons building but can’t assault. Lt. Smash knows that he is exposed to another fatal round of shooting from echo and launches a desperate charge against Fuegan. We check the eldar codex and Fuegan happily turns out to be I7 giving him a serious advantage in the coming duel (against Smash’s I6). Fuegan gets all 3 hits and all 3 wound (without the need for re-rolls) and butchers Lt. Smash without getting touched!

Eldar Turn 5
    The rangers can’t rally with only 1 guy left and flee off the board. Khorne now holds 1 building and contests my only building, not good. Echo tries to draw a bead on the berserkers holding the middle building but just can’t see them. The Fire Dragons are scared ******** and try to clear the berserkers out of their building, killing 1. Fuegan launches a desperate charge on Khorne 2 to save the game and kills a few. Thanks to unlucky rolls with the power weapon he remains unharmed.

The rangers, continually harried by the sniper like fire of the lascannons flee the battlefield to inform the seers of the danger.

Fuegan locked eyes with the champion of khorne. Taking the initiative, he threw his axe at the oncoming lieutenant, which buried itself in his right shoulder pad. His right arm went limp, the axe no doubt severing the nerve, however the lieutanent didn’t even flinch, and kept on coming. Fuegan met the charge head on, blocking the remaining lightning claw with his right hand whilst the other, burning with magical flames, went straight into the lieutenants gut. The blow completely halted his momentum, and had eaten through the ancient terminator armour. The lieutenant laughed, nevertheless mortally injured.
    “Hahaha, more blood for the blood god!? Fuegan withdrew his fist and punched the lieutenant in the face, smashing through the armour and leaving the lieutenant dieing on ground. He scanned the battlefield, noticing some mon-keigh closing in on the remaining fire dragons, and without pause went over to help them, stopping only to retrieve his axe from the fallen lieutenant writhing on the ground.

Khorne Turn 5
    The Predator manages to get Echo in its sights and shakes its crew. Fuegan butchers 3 members of Khorne 2. He still remains unharmed as the power weapon fails to hit and wound.

Eldar Turn 6
    Well Echo will have no further effect on this game. In an act of defiance he flies forth before the chaos predator. There was a slight practical purpose to this as he would be a closer target than Fuegan keeping the guy safe. Fuegan kills the last of Khorne 2 and can’t quite consolidate into the central building. He walks into the building to sit on it with the fire dragons.

Echo came crashing into the wall in a brilliant display of fireworks. The chaos forces cheering at their victory. The cheers only increased as they watched the last of their brothers butchered in a bloody combat with the eldar lord.

Khorne Turn 6
    Well it’s a guaranteed draw now; he can’t kick me out of my building or contest it so the only thing left to do is for the predator to see if it can down one of my invulnerable falcons (again). Turns out it can, resulting in a pretty cool crash seen with Echo sticking neatly into the wall of the central building. Khorne 1 sits tight in their building watching the fireworks of Echo coming crashing through the wall.

Result: Draw, we each hold one building and that’s all that counts for the mission. Well that’s 3 draws for us now under cityfight. Must be pretty evenly matched,

Feugan watched from his building as the Daemon Prince arrived at the battlefield. The situation seemed critical until the seers arrived with the lone ranger scout. Both seers entered the warp, seeking the prince’s mind. The collar around his neck attracting daemons to them by the masses. Both seers were experienced at this however and the battle would be decided in the depths of the warp itself.

Man of the Match was debated a bit. He though Khorne 1 since it killed the banshees, the avatar then held the building for him at the end of the game. I argued that Fuegan killed Khorne 3 and their uber khorne lieutenant. Then went on to slaughter Khorne 2 and stop them from taking my building, saving the game. Eventually he caved in and Fuegan was declared man of the match. Good on the ‘ol Phoenix Lord.

... There's no place like 127.0.0.1

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice report: I love those battles with a good story in them.

Maybe this should be in the eldar section, but does does anyone know what Fuegan is like in the new codex?
    Last edited by bloodwithin; October 31st, 2006 at 12:40.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    228 (x8)

You didn't insert much storyline Smash. Pffft! you spent ages arguing that Feugan couldn't pull of Smash's limbs then your champion goes and pulls off the avatars head!

By the way Fuegan is basically the same except he got feel no pain and all phoenix lords are now immune to instant kill.
    Check out my Codex: Farmyard Animals here!

If anyone wants any kind of help writing fluff for any kind of GW army just ask.

Fluffmaster
    Anzac Clan

Monkey Pirate Greenbeard The Ex-pirate's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well done. It's anunforunate bit of bad luck for the eldar player, losing the banshee's like that then the avatar, but well i guess thats what makes the games intresting. I like lt Smash hes nice cheap and pretty effective honestly though a galive is 10 points more,with a clustered and small table like the one ou were playing on, he would have been able to get stuck in quickly and whip out a good bit of hurt before kicking it, while he would lose his ablitive armor, i think that he providing you deploy correctly would beable to get in on the fire dragons before eating a bunch of firepike shots. Just a though. Well done guys.
    Rheagar fought nobly
    Rheagar fought valiantly
    Rheagar fought honorably
    And Rheagar died.

On an Island that nobody can find except for those who already know where it is.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It was punched off, there is a difference. If you think about, if you jump over someone, grabbing their arms, then pull, the guys gonna fall over backwards, and the harder you pull, the harder he's gonna fall, and so with that tremendous burst of strength you said he gets, he'll probably hurt himself more than my guy.

As for the glaive, well thats on my Daemon prince, and although it didn't affect this game, I kinda have bad luck wounding... expiecially on a 2+, where a lot of the dice are always 1's, so i go for rerolling all failed to wounds (and an extra to hit) instead of 2 attacks, besides, thats 25 points that goes against my wargear limit, which is already maxed out.

... There's no place like 127.0.0.1

+ Reply to Thread