Eldar vs. Space Marines - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    59 (x1)

Eldar vs. Space Marines

Eldar vs. Space Marines
    This was an Alpha cleanse mission, and I really got beat down. I failed from deployment on. (And the spectacular failure of nearly EVERY morale test I was forced to make just added up to a nasty defeat.

+++++
    Sithas sat astride his jetbike, its anti-grav motor purring gently as he drifted behind his forces. He watched as Exarch Tovias lead his reaper squad into the gutted ruins of a long-abandoned imperial ruin. Sithas knew there were Mon-Keigh Astartes nearby, and he could feel the clumsy prying of their pkyker as he prodded the immaterium like a blinded child.
    Sithas could barely hold his disgust in check, but his reverie was cut short as he felt the pathfinders report directly into his mind

“Seer, the Mon-Keigh approach. They have taken up defensive positions in the nearby building.�

“Very well.� Sithas turned to give the order to the reapers to fire, but was cut short as a white-hot plume of plasma fire burst among them coupled with the shrieking impact of the crude human missiles. Superheated shrapnel from the building scythed into the reapers as they fell to the onslaught. The survivors knew they were outmatched, and dashed for safety.

“Onien,� Sithas called to the pathfinder, “Silence them.�

Just as the sniper fire laced into the Mon-Keigh gunners, the lumbering form of the imperial tank rounded the corner. Its guns spat death into the elder forces. The Dire Avenger squad was caught in the open, and Sithas wept silently as their dying screams echoed in his mind. The wraithlord lumbered out from behind cover, and drew a line of fire to the armored vehicle. The brightlance seared the air in a dazzlingly brilliant beam, which achieved nothing more than superficial damage to the human’s tank.

Sithas kicked his jetbike into a tight wingover maneuver, and soared towards the Mon-Keigh armor, their guns needed to be silenced.

The wraithlord continue its implacable march, as imperial missiles slammed into its pristine wraithbone form. The impact struck the ancient warrior in the hip joint and shoulder as it toppled over. Sithas could see it scrabbling in the rubble with its good hand for purchase as it clawed its way toward the Mon-Keigh Astartes, but he knew that it would be of no further use in this fight.

Their position was being overrun. Sithas ordered the storm guardians forward to blunt their advance. It hurt him to use them that way, but it had to be done. If he couldn’t slow them down, all would be lost.

The storm guardians leapt to the attack and fell upon the Astartes warriors like a predator. Their movements were graceful and lightning quick. They struck the astartes down, and though the retaliation was fierce, the Astartes’ clumsy attacks could not stop the fluid assault of the guardians. Sithas grinned as the astartes broke and fled.

The lapse in his attention was brought sharply into focus as he noticed an astartes dreadnought lumber out from behind the imperial predator tank, its arm-mounted cannon spitting thousands of rounds into a nearby squad of avengers. Increasing his speed, he sped toward the dreadnought, driving his witchblade into the ancient sarcophagus, he soared over the monstrosity, and he felt the soul-echo entombed within go silent. He wheeled about, coming around the burning hulk, and noticed the imperial tank’s turret was tracking him. Sithas pitched his nose up to add elevation, but it was too late. The lascannons fired, striking the undercarriage of his jetbike in an explosion of blue-white heat. The jetbike saved his life, but the speed and explosion pitched Sithas nearly 15 meters through the air.

He hit the ground with a grunt, and darkness enveloped him.

+++++

Some of the highlights:

Every time "torrent of fire" was used to allow me to choose someone specific to make a save, that person failed it.

My swooping hawks were absolutely savage...until they failed their morale test.

My dark reapers never fired a shot

I want to defend the autarch as a viable HQ choice (Especially since we use Strategy rating to determine table edge), but I am not convinced they are worth it. Though she did deflect a melta gun shot which was pretty cool. I think someone needs to come up with an autarch tactica.

My opponent is notorious for killing himself with plasma. And this time was no exception.

I love pathfinders. they were the shining points in a sea of mediocrity and failure.

this marks my first loss with the new codex.

* "I'm Significant!" -screamed the dust speck
    * "Call me old fashioned, but an evil ascension to power just isn't the same without someone chanting faux Latin in the background."

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    140 (x3)

Cool battle report and very unlucky mate.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    80 (x2)

The forces of of Nights Justice 2nd Company had slipped into position. The Xenos scouts didn't even realize their approach until nearly the last moment, but by then it was to late. Over the vox, a simple command for Devestator Squad Alpha was heard from Librarian Nithanel. "Open Fire." A withering hail of fire was unleashed across the street, and the building that contained what would have been the most troublesome of the xenos forces nearly melted from the intense heat of the plasma and missile explosions. The Predator and sacred Dreadnought pushed up the street and the ranks of the Eldars line infantry came into their sites. Opening fire, nearly an entire flank collapsed.

Tactical Squad Echo and Bravo sprang from cover advancing under the covering fire of Echo's Razorback transport. They made good ground, but where assaulted from the ruins of another building by a massive squad of sword weilding Guardians. The men where quickly cut down by the sheer speed and ferocity of the assault, only two men of Squad Echo managing to fall back from the combat. With the approach of the Xenos General apon his shining wings, it was time for Nithanel to show himself. His attempts to sit back and nulify the enemy psykers powers so far had been futile, and it was time he threw himself into combat. He activated his jump pack and he with a full squad of the 2nd Companies Assault Marines lept over a building and landed just several meters from the Autarch. The Autarch was cut down in a storm of bolter and plasma fire, and nothing was left of it's body to recognize. At the same time several more missiles came screaming from the building and blew the lumbering form of the Xenos dreadnought to peices.

Nithanel stopped his squads advance for a moment when he felt the death of the Companies most decorated warrior when his dreadnought was destroyed. Stunned by the loss, his squad was assaulted by the Guardians. His men kept between him and the gaurdians and he was unable to get into the combat fast enough. The speed of the Eldar was greater then even that of the Astartes, and nearly half of the squad fell before the rest could even react. Nithanel sighed at the cost of this battle, but soon rejoiced when he felt the silence of the xenos psyker in the warp. Summoning the strength of the immaterium into himself he put on a burst of speed, and cut through the ranks of the guardians as if they where children.

A couple more men fell to the fire of the xenos snipers, and Nithanel saw that if something wasn't done the tide of battle could soon turn against them. Another wave of xenos forces was about to hurl itself at the Astartes line, and Nithanel opened a vox channel with the Battle Barge in orbit. "Master Tractos, it's time." A bright light filled the courtyard where the majority of combat had so far taken place, and a Selicius Tractos with his command squad teleported onto the battlefield. Through a quirk of the teleport, none of the Masters weapons arrived on the field with him, but fortunately none of his men suffered the same malady and the whine of the assault cannons opening fire brought a grim smile to the face of every standing marine on the field. The approaching line of Eldar warriors began to simply disintigrate under the fire, and the spirits of the entire force simply broke.

The remaining Eldar began to slink away into the shadows, acknowledging the supuriority of the new masters of the galaxy.

+++++++

A good battle, even though there where parts that just really sucked for you. My abysmal dice rolls for the first few turns had me thinking I was going lose, even with the gain of chasing the Reapers and Hawks off the table.

I'd say my best highlight of the game. Rending your entire Wraithgaurd squad off of the table.

And only one guy melted himself this time! I made the other saves... though you are right, I am very bad about that...

And I can't believe I forgot to give my Chapter Master Weapons! I still wish I had gotten him into a situation to punch something to death though. Didn't get to do it all night.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Always a pleasure reading your batreps, though my condolences on the defeat. Was Sithas from M5 or is he a new character for you? Congrats to DJones on the win, and a good batrep written on his part as well.
    "Wife! You are abusing that Leman Russ model!"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

59 (x1)

Cadfael, thanks for your condolences.

This was the second game I have played against Space Marines since the codex has been released, and the first one was a draw since I was so busy stomping him into oblivion that I lost sight of the objectives (Table Quarters). If it had been anything but an Alpha mission, victory would have been assured. But...

Sithas did participate during M5, but he was Ulthiam's second in command. Often serving as an anchor point of the seer council. He has had much more of an active role since M5 has ended though, leading his own warhost.
    * "Call me old fashioned, but an evil ascension to power just isn't the same without someone chanting faux Latin in the background."

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

80 (x2)

Thanks Caedfel.

Forsaken, you where trying to get some fluff battles going between the Iron Warriors and myself, but it seems you and I are always the ones getting down to that. Guess we need a game 3 now to see how well the codex works for Marines, since we've both stomped each other pretty good now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Forsaken2544 View Post

Sithas did participate during M5, but he was Ulthiam's second in command. Often serving as an anchor point of the seer council. He has had much more of an active role since M5 has ended though, leading his own warhost.
    When he wasn't busy running for his life from Librarian Uriel of Battlefleet Redemption.
    MEMBER ORDER OF THE WHITE SWORD

Use this hobby for fun, it is sad when you can't stand a loss now and then. Losses make you better. If the only enjoyment you get from this hobby is to win at all costs, I feel sorry for you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

59 (x1)

If I remember correctly, Ulthiam was only gotten twice by Uriel, or his misguided Mon-Keigh lackeys.

But yeah...way to put my failure out there. Now the entire intartweb knows I am the standar by which suck was judged (I say was, because Doug has resoundly snatched that monicker from me)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

80 (x2)

Yeah yeah yeah.... I still wupped you though.
    Nights Justice Space Marines
    Eldar Eth Kariel Craftworld
    Spear of Kurnous - High Elf Expeditionary Army

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

80 (x2)

Searching through the remains of the battlefield, a servitor comes across the still living body of one of the xenos fallen. It sent out a signal over the vox net, and two battle brothers of the squad detailed to collect the dead came over. They lifted the remains of a ruined jetbike from the rubble and found the still breathing body of Ulthiam. Hearing the details of the battle from their fellow brothers, they quickly put together the importance of their find, and called an Apothecary over to attempt to save the life of the xenos.

The next day.

Inside the newly established fire base, Epistolary Nithanel met with Master Tractos. Discussions where held on the interrogation of the prisoner, but as of yet Nithanel had been unable to break into the Farseers mind, even in the drug induced state the Apothecaries have kept him in. Reporting that time was all that was needed to gather the location of the main Eldar forces from the Farseer, Nithanel went back to the holding chamber.

Master Tractos went to his squad seargents, informing them that full alert needed to be maintained. He has fought these Eldar many times over the last several months. He knew they would come for their Farseer.

+++++++++

Forsaken, you have hereby been challenged. 2500pt game, one army list. We can work out the particulars of the objective later, but it's obviously gonna work around you attempting to get Ulthiam back. Lets see whose got the worse luck once and for all.
    Nights Justice Space Marines
    Eldar Eth Kariel Craftworld
    Spear of Kurnous - High Elf Expeditionary Army

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast