Tyranid 1850 tourney - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tyranid 1850 tourney

I played in my first tournament this weekend, a 1850pt four round tournament. This is my first Bat Rep so bare with me....

First Round: Urban Assault
    The first game with a CoD game. The mission was Urban Assault. Basically, we each picked a building to 'defend' outside of our opponents deployment zone. The object was to occupy the opponents building.

Board: Standard CoD board.

His army: Marines
    Chaplain w/ 9 Assault Marines
    1 Inflitrating Vet squad
    2 Tac squads (1 with Rhino, 1 with Razorback)
    1 Tac squad in Drop Pod
    1 AC speeder
    1 Autocannon Pred
    1 LC Pred
    1 AC/ML Dred

He picked the building in his very back corner. He deployed one Tac sqaud on the roof of a building and his other Tac sqaud on another roof of a building. The buildings were adjacent to his 'command building.' He deployed the sqauds transports in between the buildings. His Vet sqaud infiltrated 2 buildings away from my command building (turned out to be a bad move). One Pred deployed on each flank. The dreadnought and Chaplain sqaud deployed by the LC Pred, the speeder deployed by the Autocannon Pred

My army: Tyranids
    Winged Tyrant
    Broodlord w/6 Genestealers
    2 Lictors
    3 Shooty Warriors
    1 Dakkafex
    2 Genestealer squads (6 in each)
    12 Fleshgaunts
    12 Hormagaunts
    3 Ravenors (each in own squad)
    2 Sniperfex's
    2 Zoanthropes.

I deployed my broodlord in the middle of the board, waiting for back up to assault. Tyrant, Ravenors, and a sniperfex deployed on my left flank. Everything else deployed near my command building on the right flank.

Battle:
    First turn:
    Nids: Didn't do much. Got Fleet rolls and moved closer to him. Genestealers and fleshgaunts got to the building that Vet squad was in, couldnt assault though. Sniperfex stunned Dread.

Marines: Fired away with heavy weapons, managing to put a wound on my dakkafex and Tyrant. His Vets opened fire into my stealers, managing to kill 1. They battle hardened Marines braced for the deadly genestealers.

2nd Turn:
    The board was starting to get in my way. It was hard to move my units (MC in tight terrain does not help...) Sniper fex shoots at LC Pred, stunning it. Dakkafex blows away the speeder. Lictors arrive and I put them in his command building. I was able to charge the tac sqaud in the adjacent building. I thought it was going to be a GREAT charge, as only 2 marines were in the kill zone and one was a sarge with a PF. Then the unexpected came... The marines had true grit =/ His unit countercharged me and my Lictors got ROCKED. The gensestealers assaulted the Vets, killing 3 instantly. The vets were ready for a fight, and managed to stay in combat.

Marines: Dread manages to put another wound on the Tyrant. His chaplain moves AWAY from the oncoming Tyrant and Ravenors... hmmm? Razorback puts a second wound on the dakkafex. Vets have a good assault with the stealers. At the end of the round only the sarge and his most trusted brother remain to fight the last 2 genestealers.

3rd Turn: The Tyrant gets a message from the Hivemind, the Predator must go. He flies ahead of the Ravenors as the Sniperfex layed down enough covering fire to immobolize the tank. The other Sniperfex took aim and stunned the dread. A Zoanthrope took aim and pierced the hull of the autocannon Pred. The Tyrant landed on top of the predators turrent and ripped it off. The brave tank commander took one last shot at the Tyrant and set off a melta bomb, leaving the Tyrant only one wound. The 2 genestealers gave the last brave Vets killing blows, and ran towards the waiting Razorback.

Marines: The drop pod came in. This is where I screwed up. I left no units to cover my ccommand post. The pod landed directly in front of the building. Their was the unit of Fleshgaunts nearby, and were wiped out by the newly arrived marines. The Chaplians plan was now realized as he sprung his deadly ambush onto the Tyrant. The sqaud flew over the smoking wreckage of the tank. Before the sqaud landed though, the Tyrant thrusted his Talons into the Chaplain, killing him on the spot. In return, the Sgt calmy struck the Tyrant from behind with his mighty powerfist.

4th Turn: Realizing it would be tough for me to break through his defenses, and that my command building was about to be over run, I turned back. I got 2 6'' fleet rolls with two Ravenors, and I would be in assault distance in 2 turns. The genestealers, broodlord, dakafex, and Zoanthropes all hastily fell back to the command post. The warriors held their ground, holding off the Marines armored transports. After seeing his Master slain, the Sniperfex went into a fury and charged the Dreadnought. The Fex ripped of the Dreads arm, but in return took a wound.

Marines: His drop pod unit hastily entered the building, and setting up defenses. The assault marined rushed to aid there brethren. The dreadnought fell pray to the Sniperfex.

5th turn. My Ravenors, genestealers, and broodlord were all in assault range of the Pod unit. But before they charged, the Zoanthropes, Dakkafex,Sniperfex, and Warriors delivered a perfectly timed volley, killing 4 of the 10 marines. These left only 6 marines to face some of the most deadly units in the Tyranid Horde. They did not last long...

The game had a 2 hour time limit and unfortionately ours was up.

Result: Draw
    This was a very fun and challenging game. I definately made some mistakes, but learned a lot as it was my first CoD game. First, Lictors are great... but not against armies that have many attacks back (I knew this already, but did not fully realize what 'true grit' meant I guess). Second, I should have left at least a Sniperfex on my building to help guard it. failure to protect it cost me the game, as I had to high tail it back to my building to route the invaders. All in all though I though the Nids did very well, especially the Tyrant taking out 300+pts of stuff in 2 turns! Also, my Fex's were rock solid, literally, after taking A LOT of fire with only a few wounds taken.

Next: Nuke Attack against Imperial Fists.

Tyranids: 11/3/1
    Chaos: 2/3/0
    Tau: 3/2/0
    Latest Battle: Tau win against DA!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey, nice post. And yeah, remember to keep that base defended. but good job!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    80 (x2)

Where you embellishing with the Tank Commander with the Melta Bomb???

Cause if your opponent tried pulling something like that, then he's a dirty dirty cheat...

Good report though.
    Nights Justice Space Marines
    Eldar Eth Kariel Craftworld
    Spear of Kurnous - High Elf Expeditionary Army

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol ya... My Tyrant got 6 pens and utterly destroyed the Predator, which then blew up in his face
    Tyranids: 11/3/1
    Chaos: 2/3/0
    Tau: 3/2/0
    Latest Battle: Tau win against DA!

+ Reply to Thread