1500 SoB vs Eldar - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    68 (x2)

1500 SoB vs Eldar

The other night my friend and I played a fun match to play-test our tourney lists for this Saturday. My primary (and only army I've played) is Orks, but my Trukks are in the Mek Garage, thus I brought out my new SoB army and this was my 1st game with them. I believe this was my friend's 1st game with his new Eldar.

Army Make-up

Eldar
    1x 1 Autarch on a Jetbike
    2x 9 Dire Avengers w/ 1 Exarch
    1x 6 Rangers (Pathfinders) with Long Rifles
    1x 7 Harliquins, Troupe Master, Shadowseer, Death Jester
    1x 5 Shining Spears w/ 1 Exarch
    1x 3 Vypers

Sisters of Battle
    2x 1 Canoness w/ Jump Pack
    1x 1 Inquisitor
    1x 1 Callidus Assassin
    3x 7 Sisters w/Bolters, 2 w/ Meltas, 1 VSS
    1x 5 Seraphim w/ Pistols, 2 w/ Flamers, 1 VSS
    1x 1 Retibutors w/ Bolter, 4 w/ Hvy Bolter, 1 VSS
    2x 1 Excorsist

Table Setup
    We played with a decent amount of smaller terrain, only 2 larger sized pieces. Going from my eventual side/PoV, there was a three story building towards the far right, but out of my opponents deployment zone and a small platform and a few chain fences on the close right. In the center we had a small platform with 4 raised pillars. On the far center (to the left of the pillar platform) was a small high wall, in my opponents deployment zone. On my side, in line with the platform was a broken wall, high enough to block LoS on troops. Then on the left side, my opponent had a silo in his deployment zone, I had a decent sized wall in mine across from the silo and a 2nd silo was just out from the wall, out of my deployment zone.

Mission
    We rolled up a Secure and Control, w/ 4 counters, each worth 375 VPs. We had 1 counter on the right side, in between his silo and my wall. A 2nd one was up against the silo near me, with the 3rd in the pillar platform, closer to me. The 4th was at the base of the 3 story building.

Deployment
    My 3 sister squads deploy in the center. One to each side of the broken wall and one right by it. My Retibs take the small platform on my right, covering that entire side of the board. My Seraphim and 1 Canoness take to the wall on my left with an Exorcist, while the other Exorcist deploys right behind my far right Sister squad (actually the sisters deployed in front of it since the tank was there 1st). Then my other Canoness was near that 2nd Exo, with my Inquisitor in the center near the broken wall.

For the Eldar, his jetbikes (Shining Spears) took the Silo on the left. In the dead center were his Harliquins with 1 DA squad to each side. His Vipers took position behind the right most DA squad (across from my 2nd Exo) and his HQ took cover behind that small wall. The kicker for me though was his Pathfinder infiltrating into the 3rd story of the build (woops, that could spell trouble for me).

Once all was said and done his Harliquins were backed up 6" by the Callidus.

The Battle

Turn 1
    Sisters win the role an opt to go 1st, Callidus waits in reserve for a 1st roll on turn 2. Sisters don't do too much. 2 Sister squads stand their ground, knowing the DA's only have an 18" range, so stand still and deny them the shots on their 1st turn. The 3rd sister squad, in the center, moves up alittle toward the Pillars, the Inquisitor follows along with the Canoness. On the right the Retribs sit pretty, while on the left the Canoness and Seraphim move up alittle, keeping their distance and the Exo comes out from behind the wall.

That Exo (#1) takes fire at the Jetbikes, managing only 1 kill. The other Exo fairs much better scoring 4 penetrating hits on the Vypers (good to shoot em before they can move). However, due to their special ability making me roll 2d6 and taking the lowest, we ended up w/ 4 Armarment Destroyed & Crew Stunned results. This wasn't too bad though as it took out all 3 big guns on them and even left 1 without any guns. Then the Retribs fired at one of the DA squads, scoring a handful of kills (4ish). Nothing else could fire.

The Eldar then took their turn, moving their Harliquins and DA's up, but unable to fire. The Vypers sat pretty (stunned) while the Jetbikes moved right up to the Seraphim in assault range (woops) and their HQ came out from behind cover.

Only shots the Eldar got off was the Pathfinders on the Retribs, managing to take down 3 of them, but they stood their ground even after loosing their VSS (kept 3 HBs). The Jetbikes opted not to fire on the Seraphim and instead went right to the charge, he was worried about wiping them out in the shooting phase (don't ask, cause I knew he couldn't). The use of Faith saved the Seraphim vs the PWs and the battle was a 1 to 1 draw.

Turn 2
    The sister's stepped it up a notch here as the Callidus came onto the field. Where she appeared wasn't even a question, though it did make the Pathfinders crap their pants. Exo #1, behind the CC of the Seraphim and Jetbikes moved out alittle more to get a shot elsewhere while the Canoness over their opted not to aid the Seraphim and instead went after the DA Squad nearby. She was closely follwoed by a group of Sisters who moved up aswell. Once again the other 2 sister squads stood their ground as did the Inquistor, while the 2nd Canoness made way towards the building to back up the Callidus.

Callidus needed no help though as her Nueral Shredder hit all 6 Pathfinders and manged to wound and kill 4 of them. The other 2 however lived and stayed and were out of charge range. The 2 stationary sister squads each fired on a group of DAs causing a decent amount of injuries. The Retribs took fire on the same DA squad and wiped them off the board. The 3rd group of sisters rapid fired the other group of DAs, leaving only their Exarch. Exo #1 fire upon the HQ unit and insta killed it, while Exo #2 fired on the Vypers again, only 2 hits this time, 1 immobilization and an armament destroyed, leaving 2 moving Vypers and only 1 gun between the 2. The Seraphim, with the aid of more faith, won combat against the jetbikes and forced them to run, but failed to sweep them. With their numbers down to 2 they just kept running. The Canoness charge the remaing Exarch, but niether wounded the other.

The Eldar tried to answer back, but it was too little to late. The Harliquins kept pushing the middle and charge and killed the Inquisitor, while the Pathfinders couldn't harm the Callidus. The Vypers finally moved up, leaving their immobilized friend and fired on, but missed, the Retribs.

Turn 3
    Sisters started to play mop up and got a a rapid fire round off on the 10 Harliquins, then there were only 5. The Vypers were finally taken out by the Retribs and the Evis equipped Canoness, while Exo #2 moved up to secure the marker near the building. Meanwhile, on top of the building the Callidus shredded the last 2 Pathfinders, one lived, but quickly ran away. And the other Canoness took out that DA Exarch.

The Eldar were then left with their Harliquins who were able to charge one sister squad and did mass damage, only 3 sisters remained their, but the Book of St Lucias saw them fighting on.

Turn 4
    The sisters, with not much else to do, moved into position securing 3 of the 4 markers (4th was by the CC w/ the Harliquins) and proceeded to surround, but not charge the Harliquins. In that round of CC the sisters were down to just their VSS, who stood her ground.

Though in the Eldar turn she lost her ground.

Turn 5
    The Sisters exacted revenge on the Harliquins as everyone moved in for the kill. But in the end it was the Seraphim who burned the Harliquins to a firery grave.

Victory Points
    Sisters - 2992 (including all 4 markers)
    Eldar - 189

Wrap Up
    I was quite surprised by how well my sisters did. This was not only my 1st time ever playing them, but my 1st time ever playing against Eldar, and with all I've read about the new Eldar Dex, I was a bit worried. Though I am taking this win with a grain of salt. A few big mistakes by my opponent helped, not to mention I think his Eldar list is a bit weaker than most. But I did learn a lot from the game as far as how to manage Faith and when and were to move my girls. I am looking forward to the upcoming Tourney, but no way am I expecting this kind of success.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

while the 2nd Canoness made way towards the building to back up the Callidus
    Did I miss something? You have one Cannoness right?

Yep - its a bad Eldar list and there is no way he should have let you get into range to the damage you did. He also paid no heed to your Exorcists ( hard to imagine ) and it seems he payed for his tactical mistakes. Neverthless, it was a nice win for you. Eldar need to be mechanized a lot more than his list allowed and Vypers are not what they were in the old codex - waveserpents and bikes are the new Eldsr route. Not even a fireprism otr falcon in his list. Your army is very slow and he failed misersably to take advantage of its weakness. All honour to you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

68 (x2)

No, I am running with 2 Canonesses. Suppose it is confusing how I wrote it (2x 1 Canoness...). Each has a Jump Pack, Cloak and Book. One is equipped with a Blessed Weapon while the other has an Eviscerator.

Can see the full army list here:
    http://www.librarium-online.com/foru...tml#post841478

I knew right off I had the upper hand specially since he had very little Anti-Tank. His Vypers are his main Anti-Tank, but were quickly taken down in turn one (real bad deployment on his part, which he admitted right off the bat). He had a few other Anti-Tank weapons, but all were close range, so never had a chance of hitting my Exos. Also, I think this was his 1st game against SoB/WH, thus underestimated the Exos, a mistake I doubt he'll make again

Hunched Over My Workbench, furiously painting away.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    88 (x2)

Congratulations on the win, but definitely take heed...

his list was miserable

He had only 1 elite and NO heavy support... was his list build of things he had lying about?

Based on what I see, he has no real fire power at all. The only thing likely to even deny you an armour save would be the harlies rending (assuming he took kisses).

And frankly, unless I KNOW that I'd be playing with reserves and that I NEED them to come in asap (like in escalation) I cannot fathom a situation where I'd take an Autarch over a Farseer.
    Baby, when I'm the voice of reason, we've got problems!
    ~artificer

Someone should stop
    Jervis "let's make it easy enough for a 3 year old to play" Johnson
    before he turns 40k into checkers

~anon

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

68 (x2)

Yea, he use to have a Harliquin Army, but with the new Eldar Dex, the old Harliquin Dex is out. So he basically took his Harliquin Army and converted it into Eldar.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

72 (x1)

Actually, the old harlequin dex isn't out... merely regular eldar players now have access to a small troupe of harlequins. Harlies never had an official dex, so how is it any different than before?
    "War does not determine who is right - only who is left" Bertrand Russell

We bring only death, and leave only carrion. It is a message even a Human can understand.

W/D/L
    Eldar: 3-3-1

+ Reply to Thread