WE Vs. Nids (pic hvy) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    37 (x2)

WE Vs. Nids (pic hvy)

Scenerio: Take and hold, Alpha mission with sustained attack , on a 4x4 swamp table

Points limit 1500pt
    World Eaters VS. Tyranids

World Eaters

Frick & Frack
    2x Chaos LTs : Aura, A.o.k., speed, F.n.p, Str, Resilience

Alpha
    8xcsm: Mok, Frags, Free Ac, Pf, Spiky bits Counter-attack
    Beta
    Rhino havoc launcher
    Gamma
    Rhino havoc launcher

Predator: Autocannon, combi-bolter, Heavy bolter sponsons, havoc launcher, extra armor
    Predator: Autocannon, combi-bolter, Heavy bolter sponsons, havoc launcher, extra armor

Tyranids

Hive tyrant : acid maw, adrenal glands (x2) extended carapace, flesh hooks, implant attacks, toxin sacks, toxic miasma, lash whip , bone sword venom cannon , warp blast
    3x tyrant guard: flesh hooks implant attacks, lash whips

25x Gaunts : Adrenal glands, flesh hooks, scuttlers, toxin sacks, flesh bore

11x Hormagaunts : Adrenal glands, flesh hooks, toxin sacks

Carnifex: Acid maw, adrenal glands (x2) Bio-plasma, bonded exoskeleton, extended carapace, implant attacks, reinforced chitin, spine banks, scythed tail, toxin sacks, toxic miasma, tusked ,crushing claws, scything talons

Carnifex: Acid maw, adrenal glands (x2) Bio-plasma, bonded exoskeleton, extended carapace, flesh hooks, implant attack, Regeneration, reinforced chitin, spine banks, scythe tail, toxic miasma, tusked toxin sacks, 2x twin linked devourers

Lictor

Zoanthrope: synapse creature, warp blast

The Set Up:
    It was a late Monday night and we had some newer faces in the local GW store. Some red shirts were organizing some pick up games and I was drafted. Because all the large tables were taken we used the brand new swamp table. All 4x4 feet of it.

This was a variation on my normal World Eaters army. Because I was facing Tyranids I dumped my furious charge skill in favor of counter-attack. I also left my chain axes and T.o.b.b. at home. The board was small but we had plenty of room to set up a decent fire line for my armor support. My opponent did like wise. This was the first time I saw what I was facing and felt a little more confidant.

Turn 1
    Tyranids get Initiative they scuttle and crawl forward seizing the objective. The tyrant and Carnifexs lay down some fire, but is relatively useless. 2 Berserkers drop dead.

Feeling the rage build in them both my flanking berserker squads rage and surge forward a few inches. My Chaos Lts move up and jockey for a good charge angle. During the shooting phase my predators survey the target rich environment and start hammering the Gaunts and Carnifexs. Unfortunately my shooting is just a little more effective than my opponents. The Gaunts on the objective make the best use of cover and brace for the Lts charge. The assault phase ends with LT Frick & Frack killing a handful of Gaunts and generally getting bogged down.

The Nids surge forward Shooting and charging what ever they can the Hive tyrant holds his fire instead opting to charge. Both Carnifex assault the closest berserker squads and have a less than spectacular round of close combat

The tyrant guard slow down Lt Frick with their Lash whips and if not for the Axe Of Khorne he would have been easy meat for the foul Xenos. I rolled 3 sixes and did 3 wounds to the guard killing one of them outright. Frick takes a beating and gives up a single wound. Both Carnifexs did okay and killed a hand full of berserkers each took several wounds from the aspiring champions power fist. All combats end in draws.

The predators combine their fire and rip the Zoanthrope a new one with a onslaught of autocannon fire. The rhinos reposition for the next phase and my beta squad takes the fight to the enemy. This round of CC sees the left flank Carnifex disemboweled by a str 9 Pf wielded by a irate AC, Frick falls to the Hive tyrants onslaught but is avenged by squad beta who slay the last two tyrant guard and couple of Gaunts. The right flank Carnifex seeing his fellow nest brother fall leaned forward and comely bit the heads of the last two berserkers delaying in combat.

Turn 3 -6
    At this point the battle though slow is tipping toward the World eaters because the Tyranids are cannot sustain their heavy support and elite choice losses, they do begin to recycle their gaunt and hormagaunt squads and get caught by the incoming berserker squads before they can bring any harm to the rear armor support . My opponents suddenly realizes he hasn’t been rolling to bring in the Lictor. He appears only to be blown apart by the world eaters fire support ( tough luck ) .

The predators combine fire on the Carnifex and cause a single wound with a havoc launcher, it gets regenerated. Lt Frack charges the Center combat and fells the hive tyrant but gets slain in return as the monster dies. The Carnifex charges the center berserker squad and beats them down hardcore. The fight over it digs into the cover with a single wound left.
    At this point I make a number of mistakes like not moving a lone AC and having him recycle in cc with the Carnifex.

The game ends on Turn 6 with a advance of World eater armor column and the charge of the newly arrieved Beserker squads.

Game ends in a draw , with no scoring units within range of the objective. Had we gone another turn I am confident that would not be the case

Thought for the day: A Burning Heretic , Will brighten the Decor of any room.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Firstly, am i being completely blind, or can anybody else NOT see the horms anywhere on that board?

Second, that is a terrible Tyranid list lol. He obviously doesnt come on these forums :-P
    FAAAAR too many biomorphs on the carni's and Hive tyrant and Where are the Genestealers?!? No Genestealers against World Eaters?!? Genes love killing for the blood god!
    "They are coming! I feel them scratching inside my mind, scratching, screaming, running, so many - so, so many voices. They're coming for us - flesh, body and soul!"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    37 (x2)

The first group of gaunts is in the center with blue carapace the others are on the right flank and are still primer black. some of the pics could have been better , live and learn. After the 3rd turn when thay started to rycycle they didn't last long enough to photograph . I will improve on the next report .
    As for the list even I was scratching my head.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

very nice report, irrelivent question, whats's a red shirt? anywho by the photos you guys seemed fairly even;y matched, was that the case blow for blow? or was there one or you who had a destinct advantage at any point in time?
    Hive Fleet Fornye = a thorn in the imperiums side
    3000 PTS all up and growing

" it's like the bad flat mate of the world" Dylan Moran on America

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol fair enough. Stealthy Horms...

And a red shirt is a staff member that works Games Workshop Shop. Back in the days (i think before 4th ed?) They used to all wear red shirts and managers wore black. Guess old habbits die hard.
    "They are coming! I feel them scratching inside my mind, scratching, screaming, running, so many - so, so many voices. They're coming for us - flesh, body and soul!"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    37 (x2)

Point wise we were dead even. From My experiance I knew It was going to be tilted in my favor for two reasons. 1. I had more troop choices that I could recycle than he did 2. My squads were kitted out to do one task well. Normally when I play Vs Tyranids I face endless waves of cheap troops and specialized Monstous creatures. These tyranids wasted a great deal of points to be multitaskers and didn't do any one task well.
    In retrospect I would have taken the preds with twin linked las instead of autocanons so I could hurt the carnifexs more. My second big diffence was the inclusion of the 2 chaos Lts instead of kitted out lord.

+ Reply to Thread