Khorne V Necrons - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Khorne V Necrons

Well Ive got 2 750pnt armies - so what better to practice with them than to pit them together?

Necrons V Khorne, hmmmm looks like things were simple - mission was: Meatgrinder, necrons defending (well can you imagin Khorne wanting to stand and shoot to defend?)

Deployment:

Necrons deployed first keeping the Monalith in reserve, Khorne went next setting up the Dreadnought on the far table edge (far awy from the rest of my troops). Troops & HQ were pretty standard really, necrons being huddled up in 1 corner with Khorne setting as far forwards and inhumanly possible

Turn 1:
    Necons went first, and well nothing to spectactular, no movments and no shooting, well that was simple wasnt it?

Khorne went next, Lord moved 12" while the 2 Khorne Berzeker units only moved a pitiful 6", the Dreadnought however got a fire frenzy result, meaning 2 Plasma Cannons stratight at my Lord (eep) luckly both missed rolling only 2s, also in the shooting phase my Lord moved another 6" (lucky him) - nothing to assault so we move on the next turn

Turn 2:
    Monalith decided to stay absent for a turn (damn that driver), nothing moved, and only the Lord was in range now, 20 Guass shots straight at him - and guess what only 1 wound (well 3 wounds but 2 were passed onthe feel no pain part of him)

Khorne was with me today, everything went into Blood Frenzy, my Lord moved 8", Berzerkers moved 7 and 12 respectivly, and the Dreadnought moved 10" - in shooting phase my Lord decided to hop another 1" - Assault, hehe, Lord went startight into the first patch of necrons - 11 attacks gained, and 9 wounded (zomg!) the remaining necron remained standing and didnt flee, and somehow got a wound of the Lord as well (?!) - nothing else to assault this turn, though next turn there will be hell to pay

Turn 3:
    Out of the 9 downed necrons, all 9 came back up (hurrah) - Monalith Deep striked to the field, straight into the middle of the khorne army (I was actually hoping to get it in as a buffer between to the 2 armies, but meh, this will do) - shooting, Guass Flux Arc hit everything but the Lord, inflicting 2 wounds on the first Berzerkers (both saved) and 6 onthe second (3 saved) - I got a Crew Shaken on the Dreadnought, but then realised the Dreadnought ignores those results (goddamit) - Partical Whip didint do much really, missing the intended Dreadnoutgh and just putting a hole in the ground. The unassaulted Necrons unleashed rapid fire Guass on the 3 man Berzerkers, finishing them off (yay) ---- Assault phase, well, the Chaos Lord had 10 hits, all hitting and all wounding :w00t: - and consolodadted in the other Necron units. This could not do at all, so I charged in the Necron Lord, and lo and behold out of the 4 attacks, 4 hit and 4 wounded :w00t: - though 2 passed the feel no pain, at least he was down to 1 wound now

Khorne, Dreadnought got a fire frenzy result (damn) and fired on the Monalith, and guess what? was completely unable to even scratch it. All of the Berzerkers moved slowly forwards ready to charge - which they did nicly. Chaos Lord to attack first, and failed to inflict any damage at all (omg!), the Berzerkers, with their phenomenal amount of attacks, just like the Lord, did nothing at all. Necron Lord attacked finishing of the Chaos Lord (thank god) combat remains though (eep - only 4 more warriors until phase out)

Turn 4

Monalith was too far away to teleport the Necrons out of combat, so I unleashed all of my fire power on the Dreadnought, the Flux Arc ripped 2 weapons (CC weapon and the Plamsa Cannon), and now for the partical whip - and - not only did the weapon missed, the scatter dice and the 6 meant that the centre of the blast marker was over the monalith!!!!! and duely destroyed it self (omg omg omg - that something I bet none of you had seen before) - Nothing else to shoot so went straight to the assault, which led to the Khorne Berzerkers wiping out the remaining necrons causing Phase Out

Result - well, you get the picture

I like the Khorne armmy alot, dispite the fact the Lord is VERY vulnerable to lots of fire

Oh - sorry if the text is too much, this is my first report so be kind

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    211 (x6)

good report, and well done on the khorne victory there is just one thing say, where are the army lists? coz i don't know what you guys have got in your forces,

either way it's not a bad Battle report looking forward to hear more!

-Kai-Itza-

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry, guess I should of said:::

Khorne {750}

1 Chaos Lord = 186
    -Berserker Glaive, Khorne, Feel no Pain, Daemonic Stature, Strength, Mutation, Speed, Frag Grenades,

8 Berzerkers = 215
    -Free Aspiring Champion (Power Fist), 7 Khornate Chain Axes, Feel No Pain, Frag Grenades

8 Berzerkers = 175
    -Free Aspiring Champion (Power Fist), 7 Khornate Chain Axes, Frag Grenades

1 Dreadnought = 173
    -Khorne, Plasma Cannon, Parasitic Possesion, Mutated Hull

==749

Necrons {750}

1 Lord = 140
    Res Orb, Warscythe

10 Warriors = 180
    10 Warriors = 180

1 Monalith = 235

The most glorious rainbow ever, Pleasuretown.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    67 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by Draago View Post
    Sorry, guess I should of said:::

Khorne {750}

1 Chaos Lord = 186
    -Berserker Glaive, Khorne, Feel no Pain, Daemonic Stature, Strength, Mutation, Speed, Frag Grenades,

8 Berzerkers = 215
    -Free Aspiring Champion (Power Fist), 7 Khornate Chain Axes, Feel No Pain, Frag Grenades

8 Berzerkers = 175
    -Free Aspiring Champion (Power Fist), 7 Khornate Chain Axes, Frag Grenades

1 Dreadnought = 173
    -Khorne, Plasma Cannon, Parasitic Possesion, Mutated Hull

==749

Necrons {750}

1 Lord = 140
    Res Orb, Warscythe

10 Warriors = 180
    10 Warriors = 180

1 Monalith = 235
    Yea, sorry, but you can't have the Gliave AND speed on your lord. Also, I don't see how 3 + 3 + 1 + 1 = 11. That equals 8. You rolled about 3 extra attacks for your lord on the charge, sorry.

Seemed like some really lucky rolls that game, good report, although a little short. Keep it up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brett on Quidditch
    I couldn't help but imagine some poor guy looking up to find a Badger hurtling towards him, about to wrap itself around his skull.
    [ 1500pt. Chaos List, C&C! ]
    -=W: 2 -D: 0- L: 3=-

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question:

On turn 3 the necrons shot their flux arc and their particle whip. Is this possible? I thought that if you fired ordanance that you couldn't fire any other weapons? Or is their a special rule for the monolith?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    45 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmant View Post
    Question:

On turn 3 the necrons shot their flux arc and their particle whip. Is this possible? I thought that if you fired ordanance that you couldn't fire any other weapons? Or is their a special rule for the monolith?
    You are right, I believe. Also The chaos lord should have died from the necron lord, any weapon that ignores armour saves also ignores feel no pain. Also in the feel no pain berserker squad, I hope you realize that only the aspiring champ can get it, the regular guys can't. Also, I might be wrong on this but the dread obly has parasitic possession so it does not get to ignore shakes and stuns (unless it is like a defiler and comes Daemonic). BTW I like the necron list better.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

just one thing, lord+resi orb+warscythe=150

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    68 (x3)

Lol, well a lot of holes in that battle report, but on the bright side a lot of things you missed have been cleared up now in a game between your own armies instead of someone else. Both Necron and Khornate armies are ones that require the user to do a lot of reading and re-reading in both the codex and the main rule book to make sure you've got all your rules in line.
    Peace
    Nevermore Chapter: 6200 pts; 97/49/11; Longest Streak: 9 Wins/4 Losses; Nearing Completion

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ain't that the truth

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

uhmm i didnt think you had to roll the reserve rule for the monolith.
    you can deploy it straight away and just uses the deep strike rules for scatter placement???
    bugger about the particle whip destroying your own monolith . . . very first ive heard of that happening . . . maybe a mistake on your part of firing too close to home

oh well better luck next time . . . dont deploy your monolith so far away from your troops . . . its more a defense tool than offense . . . i always try and keep my monolith within 18 inches of the units that are gonna get smashed the most :yes:

+ Reply to Thread