Chaos V Chaos 2000 - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Chaos V Chaos 2000

Finally got all of my Khornate Berzerkers from ebay so time for a 2000 Chaos V Chaos battle

Please bear in mind this is reported from memory a couple of days after the game so thngs maybe scetchy

The armies:

Mine (Khorne)

Khorne Lord
    (Stature, Strength, B Glaive, Toughness, Essence, Mutation, Coller and a few extras)

Khorne Lieutenant
    (T Armor, Lightning claw, ToBB, Coller)

5 Termies
    (Khorne, Reaper Auto Cannon, Power Weapons with Chainfist and fist)

6x 8 Berzerkers (yay)
    (All Chain Axes, AC Power Fist ToBB, FnP, Coller)

1 Predator
    (All round lassy's, Havoc Launcher, Bolter, Parrassetic, Mutuated Hull etc)

1 Dreadnought
    (Khorne, Destroyer, Plasma Cannon, Parrassetic, Mutated Hull etc)

His Army: (Undivided)

Chaos Lord
    (Lighting Claw Combi Bolter and few others (not too sure what but you'll soon see why)

1 Sorcerer
    (Wind of Chaos, not sure what else)

5 Termies
    (usual set up no extras)

1 8 man Possessed Squad

2 9 man Squadies
    (sooped up with flamers and H Bolters)

1 6 man Devastator
    (Lots of Heavy Weapons

1 Defiler

1 Land Raider

Ok not sure what he had as he didnt get to use too much (hurrah)

Terrain - lots of cover for me to take advantage of
    Deplyoment, we both kinda set up a block wall across our edges of the table

Turn 1: Undivided
    He got turn 1 and did very little movement - Land Raider moved across the board, deplying smokes 0 as well as lascannoning 1 Berzerkers, while his Defiler missed completely

Turn 1: Khorne
    Everything got into Blood Frenzt and most moved 10-12" across the board (my Lord VERY close to combat already ) Pred took aim and fired upon the Land Raider Immobolising it

Turn 2: Undivided
    Termies didint come in this turn, his Sorcerer and a squad of Marines came out of the Land Raider and moved into cover - they opened fire on squad 1 of Berzerkers but failed to eliminate any - while his Land Raider and Defiler both took aim on the Dreadnought riping of its CC weapon, the Devastators took a might roar as 2 of their Plasma Cannons exploded killing their wielder - at the end of the turn the Dreadnought reparied its self

Turn 2: Khorne
    Everything went into the frenzy again, and again moving on average 12" across the board - the Pred opened up on the Raider again, this time ripping of its Las Cannons.
    The Dreadnought roared as it charged into the Defiler, and with all of its doubled strength 10 attacks, only managed to immobolise it and rip that Cannon of its chest. My Lord managed to charge its first unit of Devastators, killing all of them in a very bloody battle

Turn 3: Undivided
    Termies appeared, but not where he wanted them, they rolled 12" to far away and were almost of MY table edge - only the Auto cannon fired for them taking out a Berzerker. the other 2 Squads of Marines moved across the board looking to use Wind of Chaos on the weakened Berzerkers, only to have the effect negated by the Coller of Khorne. Bolt Pistols ripped into the Berzerkers felling 3 of them (3 to go in that squad)

Assault, and lo and behold, 16 Marines and a Sorcerer charged into just 3 Berzerkers, taking them to see their Blood God.

Turn 3: Khorne
    My Termies and Lieutenant Appeared this time, but again, not where I wanted them (gah) - but the autocannon managed to take a wound of his Lord. 3 Berzerker units went into the Frenzy and went full pelt towards his Termies and Lord - the other Berzerkers, obviously fatigued from the last 2 turns of running, slowly advanced ready to charge the Land Raider, my Predator slowly moved to get a better shot of his termies - and failed to do sod all

Assault, 8 Berzerkers and a Lord charged into the Sorcerer and his possi - wiping them out completely (the Lord did most of the work) - 24 Berzerkers charged into the Termies and Lord wiping them out before they got a chance to striek back (his Lord missed all of his rolls and re reolls) - Long libe the Khornate Chain Axes, oh and the Dreadnought managed to finsh of the Defiler

- Basically all he had left now was a Land Raider and 1 group of Possessed!

Turn 4: Undivided
    Obviously finally realising he might not win in close combat, he decided to go on the defencsive moving his Possessed into cover, and finally remember he could fire his Land Raider! which took out 2 Termies (damn him)

Turn 4: Khorne

Not much to say this turn, most units went into the Frenzy and all moved towards the Possessed marines, the Predator failing to do anything

Turn 5: Undivided

Land Raider took aim and killed 2 more Berzerkers

Turn 5: Khorne

My Lord and Termies charged into the Land Raider, as did 4 other Berzerker Squads (ok the frenzy has some bad points) - destroying it utterly, and lukily only suffered 2 wound on the Lord in return (ok maybe no soooo good)

Turn 6 Undivided

Well, he just sat there really

Turn 6 Khorne
    - Now in order for me to reach them in close combat, I would need to roll a 6 for my Lords extra movement then a 6 bfor the difficult terrain, and guess what? I did!!!! my Lord reached combat killing all but 2 of those damn possessed marines, who in turn killed my Lord

End of the game (ok not an exciting battle this time )

Untis left:

Me::

4 Full Squads of Berzerkers
    1 Almost 1/2 strength Berzerkers
    Some Termies and Lord
    1 Predator
    1 Dreadnought

Him::::

2 Possessed Marines

Well.............I wonder who won that then?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Granted I play Codex marines and not Chaos, and I have not faced Chaos in awhile. And I've only fought Khorne once. But these things seemed a bit off.

1. "Land Raider moved across the board, deplying smokes 0 as well as lascannoning 1 Berzerkers"

A unit can open fire or pop smoke, not both. So what he did with the Landraider wasn't quite right.

2. "..while his Land Raider and Defiler both took aim on the Dreadnought riping of its CC weapon.." "..at the end of the turn the Dreadnought reparied its self."

How can a Khornate dreadnought 'regrow' weapons? I know Nurgle has something annoying like that. And I know if it's possessed then 'shakened' and 'stunned' don't do anything. But regrowing destroyed weapons?

3. "Devastators took a might roar as 2 of their Plasma Cannons exploded "

Can Havocs get Plasma Cannons? I've never seen a Chaos player use them, just autocannons. I honestly don't know the answer, just seemed odd.

4. "My Lord and Termies charged into the Land Raider.." "..destroying it utterly, and luckily only suffered 2 wound on the Lord in return"

How did your Lord take 2 wounds shredding a Landraider? Unless the Landraider had Spikey bits, you failed the save, then it exploded, and only your Lord failed his save (again), it's not possible for the Lord to take 2 wounds unless I'm missing something.

All that said good game. Undivided, indeed almost no army can hope to face Khorne in close combat and win. It looks like your opponent wasn't very experianced and didn't understand how nasty your guys were up close.

It also looks like you got very lucky with all the Frenzy rolls and the distance charged. So that helped a lot.

Congratulations.
    May your aim be true, and your targets plentiful.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Escaflowne View Post
    2. "..while his Land Raider and Defiler both took aim on the Dreadnought riping of its CC weapon.." "..at the end of the turn the Dreadnought reparied its self."

How can a Khornate dreadnought 'regrow' weapons? I know Nurgle has something annoying like that. And I know if it's possessed then 'shakened' and 'stunned' don't do anything. But regrowing destroyed weapons?
    Parasitic Possession will allow u to de-mobilise your vehicle and 'regrow' a weapon on a certain roll. However, i believe you do it the end of YOUR turn not the end of theirs....

3. "Devastators took a might roar as 2 of their Plasma Cannons exploded "

Can Havocs get Plasma Cannons? I've never seen a Chaos player use them, just autocannons. I honestly don't know the answer, just seemed odd.
    Havocs cant have plasma cannons - they can have plasma guns, but not cannons...

All that said good game. Undivided, indeed almost no army can hope to face Khorne in close combat and win. It looks like your opponent wasn't very experianced and didn't understand how nasty your guys were up close..
    The undivided player had a few unlucky rolls round 1 and 2 and you got some lucky rolls. I love it when a games goes like that

And Tyranids can face Khorne in close combat and come out consuming the blood gods children.
    "They are coming! I feel them scratching inside my mind, scratching, screaming, running, so many - so, so many voices. They're coming for us - flesh, body and soul!"

+ Reply to Thread