1200 Thornwind Eldar vs. World Eaters - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    228 (x8)

1200 Thornwind Eldar vs. World Eaters

Thornwind Eldar

Jetbike Farseer Kae /w doom, eldritch storm. (It's pronounced Kai[as in eye]-eh

9 harlequins /w kisses
    shadowseer /w kiss

5 banshees
    exarch /w executioner

9 dire avengers
    exarch /w power weapon, shimmershield, bladestorm

Wave Serpent /w twin-lances, spirit stones

5 pathfinders

Vyper /w dual shuriken cannons

Falcon /w pulse laser, scatter laser, holo-field, spirit stones, vectored engines

World Eaters

Uber chaos lord /w everything, dreadaxe, flight (181 points)

Uber lieutenant /w everything, termy armour, pair of lightning claws, furious charge (200 odd points)

32 berserkers /w furious charge, not sure what the champions had (if anything)

Predator /w all lascannons

Terrain: We had a building in the bottom-left and the top-right. A size 3 impassable power generator was placed in the top-left corner. Bits of rubble was scattered around the centre.

Deployment: I chose the bottom side (mostly because my models were already there) and deployed all of my tanks down the behind the building. The farseer and vyper went on the left side of the board. The pathfinders infiltrated/scouted into the building for 2+ cover and the harlequins set up in the middle of the board.

He spread out his berserkers across the centre of the board with the lieutenant in the middle and the daemon prince on the left. The predator deployed behind his building as he knew he wouldn’t be able to see me 1st turn.

Mission was rolled for and we got Gamma seek and destroy >.<, typical. He won 1st turn.

Farseer Kae was already waiting at the webway gate as the harlequins arrived, having foreseen their coming long ago.
    “Farseer, you are ‘requested’ to aid us in our current mission. A great daemon prince of khorne is personally overseeing the frontlines and inspecting each of his lieutenants. We cannot pass up this opportunity to eliminate the enemy headquarters in one blow”. Kae remembered back to his vivid dream of a khorne army ravaging biel-tan. He would not pass up this opportunity for anything…

The thornwind engaged it’s engines, and alongside the harlequins set out for the chaos encampment.

World Eaters 1
    All the berserkers close in on the pathfinders with 1 squad frenzying. Predator can’t see anything. He couldn’t do much due to my deployment. Daemon Prince flies into the centre of the board.

Eldar 1
    Pathfinders decide they aren’t going to stand for me using them as bait anymore and begin to run away from the berserkers (my decision, not failed morale). The falcon and serpent slide sideways to get some LoS on the berserkers. Farseer turbo-boosts over to join them. Vyper flies 24” across the board behind power generator. Shooting accomplishes little with the daemon prince shrugging off the lance (pred was out of sight) and the falcon only killing 1 berserker (scatter laser). The harlequins move and fleet into some cover on the right side.

World Eaters 2
    With the pathfinders moving swiftly through the building the berserker tide changed direction towards my tanks on the back of the board. Everyone was fairly calm for blood frenzy. The predator rolls out from behind its building and fires the twin-lascannon at the wave serpent. Crew stunned, lowered to shaken courtesy of the spirit stones. His entire army (except the predator) is now sitting in the middle of the board in front of my tanks (he got slowed by difficult terrain). One berserker squad was forced to turn back and chase the vyper though!

Eldar 2
    The pathfinders are still within charge range of the enemy so they’re running over with the tanks. The pair of tanks block off the berserkers by clogging up the choke point between the building and rubble. Farseer Kae doom’s the chaos lieutenant’s squad and his eldritch storm fails to cast (rolled an 11). The dire avengers bladestorm the doomed squad, killing 3 or 4. A few more berserkers die to the falcons guns (despite bad accuracy). I forgot my wave serpent was shaken but if failed to break the predators armour anyway. The harlequins just failed to charge the rightmost berserker squad. Damnit!

World Eaters 3
    The daemon prince puts a mighty effort into his wings and charges into the dire avengers. The other berserkers aren’t fast enough to get around the tank blockade and spend the turn battering on eldar armour. The predator manages to blow off the wave serpents lances but it’s still ticking at least. In assault his daemon prince butchers a few avengers. His dreadaxe negating my shiny new shimmershield. I couldn’t break his T6 in return. The few berserkers in range opened fire with their pistols on the harlequins. 5 extremely fragile harlequins die under the tiny salvo. A squad with 4 remaining berserkers is forced to charge (mark of khorne) into the harlequins and are rended to death before they can strike.

Eldar 3
    Well my lances are dead and his predator is the only threat to my tanks. The harlequins fleet across the board and rend the predator. 2 glancing hits and a penetrating see it safely dead. Meanwhile the wave serpent and falcon dance around a bit to get moving fast and the pathfinders keep fleeing from a berserker horde all set to charge them. More berserkers die to the falcons, farseers and vypers firepower. The dire avengers keep dying to the daemon prince but bravely hold their ground and continue the assault.

World Eaters 4
    More useless hammering on tanks for him, that blockade is really working wonders for me. The lieutenant and the remnants of his squad manage to maneuver around the falcon and launch a charge on the dire avengers. Under the combined onslaught of both uber HQ’s the avengers are killed to a man. With my tanks in his way his army can’t really do much at this point.

Eldar 4
    The harlequins are to far away to do much and with them just still a scoring unit I’m not sure I want to risk any more of them. All of my tanks keep up their onslaught but still can’t really do much. The farseer realizes he’s trapped and attempts to fly out of the snare but I forgot about his extra 6” assault movement. Yes the banshees are STILL sitting in my falcon. I was hoping to use them on an isolated squad but my own tanks have kind of sheparded them all together, to tough for the banshees to break.

World Eaters 5
    Well now his only target is the farseer who is sitting precariously on top of a building. The daemon prince flies up to meet him and tears Kae a new one with his dreadaxe ignoring the rune armour. The prince manages to consolidate into the pathfinders with a 6. Awww he finally caught them.

Eldar 5
    Now I had the choice in that if I fleet my harlequins over now I can get them in an assault next turn and tear up the berserkers, bringing just about all of them below scoring. But if I lost just 1 harlequin I’m no longer scoring and that’s 500 odd victory points down the drain. In the end I decided to play it safe so the tanks all flew into the centre of the board and opened fire on the berserkers. Not many died due to poor accuracy and armour saves. In assault my pathfinders were quickly obliterated.

World Eaters 6
    He now has nothing to target, my tanks are dancing around his with their guns and he can’t catch up to anything. Time for him to just hunker down in the building and try to keep his last 2 scoring squads above 50%. At this point in the game he has his daemon prince, lieutenant (/w 3 berserkers), a 4 man and a 6 man berserker squad.

Eldar 6
    Well he’s hidden deep in the building so I can’t see much. He passes all 6 armour saves this turn and goes through losing only 1 berserker to the pulse laser. My banshees FINALLY disembark and shoot with their pistols and despite all 6 hitting can’t break armour.

Solid Win to the Eldar! He had 2 scoring berserker squads, 1 non-scoring, unwounded lieutenant, unwounded prince. I had banshees in a falcon, a non-scoring wave serpent, harlequins, vyper.

The chaos army lay dead around him but it would be weeks until Kae had healed enough to recognize the fact. Any threat to biel-tan had been removed and the chaos incursion in this sector blunted. Regardless of this victory it still chafed at the harlequins that both enemy lords still drew breath.

Man of the Match: ummm…ummm….ummmm well that would probably be his daemon prince. On my side it’s probably the vyper who did so much blocking/shooting/leading berserkers around by the nose and not dying despite paper armour!

Notes upon Reflection: well the mission had a huge impact on this game! Who would have thought it for gamma seek and destroy. The only reason I won was because my 2 uber units (falcon and harlequins) were scoring and his 2 uber units (both HQ’s) weren’t. I’m not really proud of the harlequins performance, maybe I was using them wrong but they appeared too slow for my tastes. Maybe I’ll try out 6 in a falcon some time but the inability to target any enemy at will with them is annoying. I also needed to disembark my banshees earlier I think, they weren’t worth many victory points and they may have been able to assassinate his lieutenant. I’m quite proud of my tanks, he spent a LOT of the game being forced to charge into them and they just acted as barricades. I also probably shouldn’t have run away with the pathfinders. I almost always use them as bait, after all if they are the only squad I have on the board (not in a tank) I can always tell where my opponent is going to charge to. This game I should have let them die while firing sniper rifles rather than a futile path to ‘safety’.

I know 2 uber HQ’s in 1200 points for him really isn’t effective but he’d misplaced his lascannon dreadnought so he was forced to add his daemon prince. This is about the 1st game that hasn’t been a draw against him for ages!

Check out my Codex: Farmyard Animals here!

If anyone wants any kind of help writing fluff for any kind of GW army just ask.

Fluffmaster
    Anzac Clan

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Man, I don't play chaos but if I hadn any squads that would get forced to attack closest unit I'd make sure they had melta bombs, fist, or the equivalent so they don't get tied up like that. Good game tho, always nice to see Chaos getting a beatdown

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    228 (x8)

He might have had a power fist on some champs (can't remember) but hurting skimmers in cc is near impossible anyway. Melta-bombs couldn't hurt me.

If anyone wants any kind of help writing fluff for any kind of GW army just ask.

Fluffmaster
    Anzac Clan

Formerly Prince of Excess EmoJosh's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    368 (x8)

Both lists were pretty decent, odd point value though, but I'm a 1500 man. The only thing I'm not a fan of is less than full Aspect squads but that's just personal preference. Seems decently solid.
    Check my Blog for Battle Reports, useless ranting and more! Comments appreciated.
    Like to talk Warhammer or want some advice on Armies or Tactics? Drop me a PM!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LordLink View Post
    He might have had a power fist on some champs (can't remember) but hurting skimmers in cc is near impossible anyway. Melta-bombs couldn't hurt me.
    Good point

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    411 (x8)

Nice report LL, congratulations, not sure that pathfinders make the best lures
    Everything you have been told is a lie!

The most glorious rainbow ever, Pleasuretown.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    67 (x3)

Good battle report, nice win to the Eldar. Nice tank barricade! As a former WE player, I can safely say that skimmers > Zerkers. Oh, and I''m pretty sure that a CHaos Lt. Can only have about 100 points of wargear or so. This guy seemed to have about 160-70.

GG anyways, nice report.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brett on Quidditch
    I couldn't help but imagine some poor guy looking up to find a Badger hurtling towards him, about to wrap itself around his skull.
    [ 1500pt. Chaos List, C&C! ]
    -=W: 2 -D: 0- L: 3=-

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

228 (x8)

lieutenant base cost+lightning claws+MoK+furious charge don't count towards his limit and that's already 100. I don't think he was over as he's usually pretty good on that.

And pathfinders probably don't work as well as bait but until I get some storm guardians (if ever) then they have to make up the 2nd troops slot.

Fluffmaster
    Anzac Clan

The most glorious rainbow ever, Pleasuretown.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    67 (x3)

Ah, right you are. Sorry 'bout that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brett on Quidditch
    I couldn't help but imagine some poor guy looking up to find a Badger hurtling towards him, about to wrap itself around his skull.
    [ 1500pt. Chaos List, C&C! ]
    -=W: 2 -D: 0- L: 3=-

+ Reply to Thread