Very Unfluffy Necrons and Chaos vs Imperial battle. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Very Unfluffy Necrons and Chaos vs Imperial battle.

(Just a warning, to preserve detail, this is kind of long. >_< I'm sorry in advance)
    A battle me, Razakel, and Ogryn_Command31 had today. There were some noteworthy moments, and so we compiled a report. We were playing, as follows

Razakelís Necrons
    Necron Lord
    -Destroyer Body
    -Resurrection Orb
    9 Immortals
    15 Warriors
    15 Warriors
    Monolith
    1197 points total

TheBloodeningís Word Bearers
    Daemon Prince
    Accursed Crozius, Daemonic Stature, Daemonic Speed, Daemonic Resilience, Daemonic Strength, Mark of Chaos Undivided, Spiky Bits, Frag Grenades, Krak Grenades, Furious Charge, Sorceror, Winds of Chaos
    (Heís schooled up in so many retarded ways because I didnít quite have enough models to hit 1200 points without doing such. Tear it apart as you will.)
    Chaos 2
    Aspiring Champion
    Mark of Chaos Undivided, Plasma Pistol, Personal Icon, Frag Grenades
    6 Marines with bolters, one plasma gun and one heavy bolter, and Icon bearer with bolt pistol
    ~Infiltrate, Mark of Chaos Undivided, and Frags for the whole squad
    Chaos 1
    Carbon copy of Chaos 2, minus the Icon Bearer
    10 Plaguebearers
    10 Daemonettes
    Chaos Predator
    Autocannon, Lascannon Sponsons, Havoc Launcher, Daemonic Possession, Parasitic Possession, Mutated Hull.
    1200 points on the nose

Ogryn_Command31ís Imperial Guard
    Command Squad
    Heroic senior officer. w/ Iron Dicipline, Macharian Cross, Medallion Crimson, Mastercrafted Power Weapon and Bolt Pistol, Carapace armour, Bionics, refractor field.
    3x veterans, one with honorifica, one with medipack, and a regular. <all equiped with carapace armour, master vox caster.
    2x lascannon and 1x rocket launcher, also 3x heavy bolter fire support squad.
    Command Squad
    Heroic senior officer with power weapon
    3x veterans, plasma gun, storm bolter, bolter, ccw and laspistol
    Transport Chimera with multi laser, heavy bolter, extra armour, hunter killer, track guards, smoke launcher
    Troops
    Infantry platoon
    3 squads of 10, 10, and 5 as a mini command squad. All squads had voxes.
    Platoon commander with power weapon and plasma pistol
    Retinue with vox, melta, flamer, ccw vet
    Both squads had grenade launcher
    Infantry platoon
    3 squads of 10, 10, and 5
    Platoon commander with bolt pistol
    Retinue with 2 grenade launchers, plasma gun, vox
    2 10 man squads with vet and vox
    5 man squad with bolt pistol, 2x grenade launchers, and plasma gun, and vox
    All above squads had Sharpshooters
    10 in Veteran Squad
    3x plasma guns, autocannon, Sergeant with bolt pistol, infiltrate
    10 Storm Troopers
    Veteran with power weapon, flamer and grenade launcher in the squad.
    Demolisher with plasma cannon Sponsons, hull mounted Lascannon, Demolisher cannon, extra armour, track guards, hunter killer, smoke launcher
    Basilisk with hull mounted heavy bolter, extra armour, hunter killer, smoke launcher, Earthshaker artillery gun.
    1766 points

For all intents and purposes, this was a VERY unfluffy battle. Necrons and Chaos versus Imperial Guard. It was originally supposed to be Necrons and Chaos versus Imperial Guard and Space marines, but our Space Marine friend bailed out last minute. So as it stood, for some random reason, Chaos and Necrons allied to rape through some Imperial Guard. The points were slightly uneven as well, Chaos and Necrons at 1200, and Guard at (Insert seanís points cost here). Itís kind of obvious Chaos and Necrons would win in the end, but to be fair, the Guard player ended up with a sort of fortress for deployment.
    (Insert Deployment picture)
    We were playing escalation, so only footsloggers started on the board. Razakel, (Necrons), started with 2 squads of Warriors and a Squad of immortals on the board, near the back of our deployment zone. In reserve, because of escalation, he had his Destroyer Lord and Monolith. I started with 2 squads of Chaos Marines, who infiltrated to about the middle of the map. In reserves were my Prince (He was a monstrous creature [which I regret now], and therefore didnít start on the board), as well as the Predator, and the Daemonettes + Plaguebearers (Theyíre reserves anyway, so Escalation hardly bothered them.). (Insert Seanís Librarium name here) deployed most of his Guard squads to clog up the middle entrance, with two squads clogging the side roots, one command squad sheltered behind the infantry, and the two squads of heavy weapons behind them both. In reserves he had a Demolisher, a Basilisk, and a Chimera in which a second Command squad were being transported.

We roll for first turn, and Imperials win out.

Imperial Turn One
    ____ begins by moving the Imperial horde to better clog up his deployment zone, and create battle lines. Shooting rolls around, and the Veterans infiltrated in the building manage to snipe through 3 members of Chaos one. Unfortunately, the same plasma guns used to help kill Chaos one, explode and kill the 2 wielders. Other than that, a quiet turn for the Imperials.

Chaos/Necron Turn One
    We decided for simplicity and time reasons for me and Razakel to take our turns in tandem. Razakel moves his Warriors forward, as well as advancing his immortals to shooting range of the Guard squad clogging the leftmost entrance. Chaos 1 stays put, but Chaos 2 moves out into the open to get a clear shot at the Guard squad covering the rightmost entrance. Shooting phase comes around, and both the Immortals and Chaos 2 work wonders, taking down both the Imperial squads in a glorious hail of Bolter and Gauss rounds. Then the turn ended.

Imperial Turn Two
    Turn two rolls around, and reserves start kicking in. The Chimera with transported Command Squad managed to come in on this turn, as well as the Basilisk. The Basilisk is placed in the far left corner, the Chimera is stuck into the far back right corner, while the Command Squad crowded forward to aid the defense of the main entrance. Left out in the open, Chaos 2 were sitting ducks for a hail of Laspistol and Veteran weaponry fire. Amazingly, both the Aspiring Champion and Plasma Gunner manage to survive the onslaught of the countless rounds of Imperial fire, and they didnít run. The Basilisk then unleashes the fury of those guard who were previously killed, and takes out all but two of the nine Immortals with a direct hit. The turn was mostly shooting for the Imperials, with very little, if any, movement.

Chaos/Necron Turn Two
    Reserve rolls come into effect, and the Predator, Prince, and Plaguebearers come out for me. No such luck with the Necrons. The Lord and Monolith are left out in the cold for this turn. Placing my Lord near about the middle of our deployment zone, and the Predator in the far corner of the deployment zone, the Plaguebearers were free to be summoned from the personal icon of Chaos 2. After scatter they move a couple inches in a diagonal direction towards the huge clog of Guard in the middle. Chaos 2 then runs to the side of the building to escape further Guard fire.The Prince charged headlong towards the left side of the Imperial gate. Continuing on with their shooting streak, the Immortals manage to absolutely massacre the Kasrkin in the leftmost building in a shower of lethal Gauss fire. Nurgleís rot is rolled, and manages to claim the lives of a couple guard. Assault phase rolls around, and the Plaguebearers charge headlong into the nearest Guard squad. The gruesome onslaught was too much, and the Guard squad was wiped out utterly. Massacre roll, and they manage to charge right into the next nearest squad of Guardsmen. The Prince charges into the leftmost and nearest Guard squad, and manages to take down a mighty three of them. Of course, being a monstrous creature, heís going to attract A LOT of fire in the next shooting phase.

Imperial Turn Three
    Reserve roll, and the Demolisher comes in. Itís placed just in front of the Basilisk. There was little movement, as the nice juicy Prince was in range of all the crowded Guard. He fell is a glorious hail of Lascannon shells, Heavy Bolter Shells, and Laspistol rounds. It was to be expected. The Chimera fires, and fails miserably in an attempt to kill the remainder of Chaos 2. A squad of Guard tries to halt the massacre of the immortals, but fail to hit. The Basilisk attempts to attack a congestion of Warriors moving forward, but scatters and manages to kill only one (Who fails the WBB roll). The assault against the Plaguebearers continues, two dying, but not before managing to take out 4 more Guard.

Chaos/Necron Turn Three
    WBB rolls are done, and 3 immortals get back up, making the squad at 5. Next, reserves are rolled. My Daemonettes donít appear, but the Monolith does, and it Deepstrikes right behind the Imperial lines, the midst of things. In moving, the Monolith edges closer to the horde of Imperials. The members of Chaos 2 fire on the Chimera, with their Plasma Pistol and Plasma Gun. Miraculously, they penetrate the army, and the Chimera is left a useless pile of rubble. Unfortunately, the Plasma gunner dies despite his best efforts. The Predator moved into a better position, and only fires the Havoc launcher at the infiltrated Vets. It managed to kill one member. The Immortals again lay waste to all but two of a nearby squad of Guard. The star of this shooting phase was the monolith. The Gauss Flux Arc lays waste to the Imperials, Killing 3 members of one heavy weaponís squad, and 2 members of the other. The command squad takes 5 wounds, ending with the Commander and 2 lackeys dying. One infantry unit remains unscathed, while 4 more men were killed, the two from the leftover squad, and 2 more that were in assault with the Plaguebearers. We deemed though that because of the unstructured nature of the assault, that the Plaguebearers would have to suffer hits as well. Luckily enough, none did get hit. The infiltrated Veterans suffered 3 casualties. In assault, it was a 3 for 3 tradeoff between the Guard and Command Squad, and the Plaguebearers.

Imperial Turn Four
    With all of his units on the board now, there were no more reserves. As a result of the massacre brought onto them by the Monolith, both Heavy Weapons squads fail their morale checks and run backwards off the edge of the table. No moving, since there wasnít much to move. In shooting, both the Demolisher and the Basilisk fire on the Monolith, and by some horribly morbid stroke of luck, BOTH ordnance blasts scatter between 5 and 6 inches forward onto a squad of Guard just in front of the Monolith. The squad ends up losing about half its guys, but passes the morale check. Little shooting is done, and so itís right to the assault. (As an aside, we came up with an amusing story for thisÖ ďAllright. Thereís a giant pyramid assault our lines. There is NO way we can miss. Fire boys!Ē *The guns are fired, and they watch in horror as the shots go astray, slamming into the scared and frightened remnants of a guard squad. Flushing can be heard in the background, and the Commissar returns* ďI leave for TWO minutes to go the bathroom, and when I come back, youíve killed our own guys! Incompetence!Ē* Swift executions of the surviving crew members soon followed.*) The few remaining Plaguebearers take out one more Imperial guard, before losing the assault, and dying due to the Instability Test (Working on about 4 leadership with all the bad things that happened to them in that assault, [Outnumbered, etc.]).

Chaos/Necron Turn Four
    Last turn. It was mostly mop-up now. Reserves were rolled, my Daemonettes, and the Destroyer Lord are in. Little good they do this late, but better late than never. The Lord starts in the left corner, and the Daemonettes direct hit on Chaos one, ending up just behind the actual marine squad. The Daemonettes advance around the barrier to get into charge distance of the last few Guard. The Predator attempts to take down the Basilisk, but misses. The Immortals advance, and lay waste to the Demolisher, leaving it as nothing more than a heap of smoldering wreckage. The Monolith then Particle Whipped the Basilisk, destroying it. Assault phase rolled around, and the Daemonettes cleared out a squad of Guardsmen. With really nothing left, and not much he could have done anyway, (Insert Seanís Librarium name) declared it a win for the Enemies of the Imperium.

Our Thoughts
    In truth, we werenít exactly expecting anything less than the death of the Guard. The points were very unbalanced, and in two versus one, you canít do that and expect the single player to win. But we didnít want to leave anyone out, and so we did what we did. Chances are there are some things we did that are issues, but thatís half the purpose of writing battle reports, to get some feedback on faults. But donít complain about the points, because we know very well how unbalanced it was. Razakel knows he needs to find a more efficient way to move the hordes of Warriors to get them into battle, so they can see some action. I need to be slightly less reckless at times, because all in all I suffered the most casualties on our side. But it mostly an attempt to tie up as many of the guard as possible to let Razakelís very shooty army to advance. There were some fluke moments, some great moments, and some horrible moments for both sides. In the end, we had fun, and thatís what really matters most of the time.

[Thousand Sons]
    [Tyranids - Unnamed Hive Fleet]
    [Tau Empire]

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That alliance could totally make sense.. um..

nevermind...

But yeah, if there's a squad locked in close combat that is in range of the gauss flux arcs how does that work? A squad of guardsman were locked with some plague bearers and the whole fight was within range of the arcs. Would I still be able to shoot into the combat? Still kind of new to the game any clarification would be cool.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No. You can't shoot into close combat.
    Ed Gein+Screech= Emperors' children

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mudvayne_lover View Post
    No. You can't shoot into close combat.
    Thanks. In the long run, it wouldn't have made much of a difference. I don't really think the Squad's in close combat took many, if any wounds.
    [Thousand Sons]
    [Tau Empire]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can sort of see an alliance of necrons and tyranid...the necrons just want the souls for the ctan, and the nids just want the biological matter, which the necrons would destroy to make the planet a barren tombworld anyways. An alliance of convenience between the two would be brutal(I should try that some time since I have both armies :p). Necrons and Chaos? Not so much.

I think the necron force would have been better with some destroyers, perhaps in the place of the monolith. I never field a 'lith in a game lower than 1500 pts. The rest of the army lacks any kind of mobility unless you run a flying circus(which he could have done if he had take a non-destroyer lord with a res orb and veil). Foot slogging won't get you anywhere fast.

How many points was the IG force?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Khisanth Magus View Post
    How many points was the IG force?
    It was only about 1800 points. >_< Like I said, it was supposed to be a 2 vs 2, but our Space Marine friend bailed on us, and so he had to scrounge together as many points as he could for his Guard. It wasn't really a fair fight, but we knew that.
    [Thousand Sons]
    [Tau Empire]

+ Reply to Thread